Sang

Rail runners *Half post apocalyptic half survival*

Minhyuk motioned me to follow him and I slid sliently across the floor. The rain was pooring outside, but I didnt hear it. I could hear anything. Not anymore, but I remember what it sounded like. Its odd, I hear it in my mind, but not for real. I think thats what rain sounds like at least. 

A body dashed across the opening and I pressed tightly to my brother. The body ducked back towards us and slid towards me. I squeeled, but it was just Minhyun. 

"You scared me." Every time I opened my mouth I was hoping I was saying the right words. I was worried every time. When he signed back sorry I knew I said it right. I can hear something, but I dont know if its speach. It could just be noises. 

"Did you find them?" Minhyuk said something turned away so I couldnt read it, but Minhyun signed for me. 

I found them, but I couldnt get them. The hunters found them. I think they followed me too. Just as he said that a girl ran around the courner with two men behind her. She yelled something about runners, but I was lost to the conversation. Minhyuk tried to keep up, but they were talking too fast. The girl stepped towards me with her hands out. 

Is he with you, or is he a runner? My mouth flapped open when she stated signing. Not may people can anymore. 

"They both are with me." Now she looked suprised. Most deaf people cant talk. "I lost my hearing only a few years ago." She nodded before pointing to Minhyun. 

Are you sure he is with you? I nodded, but she didnt seem to believe me. 

"He is my brother." One of the men behind the hunter stepped up and said something to her. She hesitated before nodding once. 

My brother wants to you all home. There are runners loose and its late. Kids shouldnt be out in this storm. 

"I'm older than I look, and you have room to talk?" Minhyuk hit my shoulder, but I kept looking at the girl. "I am the oldest here, maybe even older than your brother. Dont assume anything hunter, our father is the Lord of Trades for this hemisphere." By the look on her face my words were correct. 

I'm sorry, but still it is not safe to be outside after dark. She motioned for us to go and they followed us. Minhyun came with us and even went inside our house. Minhyuk spoke with the hunters before shutting the door. 

Take care of him. We were all sopping wet and dripping on the floor. If this didnt get cleaned quickly Young Myeong was going to get mad. Minhyuk stomped up the stairs and I pulled Minhyun with me up the back staris. 

"You can stay here tonight."