The Ordinary

The Shadows

She stood in the middle of the cemetery with the full moon glistening up in the sky. She shivered slightly and hugged herself as the chilly wind blew her way. Through the moonlight, she saw blood and black feathers all over the place. But she wasn’t scared of them anymore because she had seen worst. She looked down at her hands and saw blood. She quickly wiped her hands on her already blood-stained white dress.

 

The surroundings went still, the wind even ceased. Two guys were now standing on either side of her.

 

“Don’t go to him” Jaejoong said.

 

“Stay away from me” Jiyong said on her other side. Her head went back and forth to Jaejoong and Jiyong.

 

“Dara, please choose me” Jaejoong begged.

 

“Jae” she whispered and faced him. She took a step forward and saw him smile. But she suddenly stopped halfway towards him. She looked back and saw Kwon Jiyong wearing a desperate look.

 

“What are you waiting for?” Jiyong asked. “Go to Jaejoong. He’s waiting for you”

 

“Jiyong, I-“

 

Jiyong shook his head. “Don’t choose me. Just go to him”

 

Two pale arms came from behind Jiyong, hugging him but she can’t see the face of the person. The arms then turned to snakes. One went to bit him in his neck while the other sinks its fangs on his chest, where his heart is. Jiyong’s eyes went black, smiling menacingly. Dara took a step forward but stopped as something odd happened to his eyes. His right eye remained black but his left eye turned all red.

 

 

~DARA’S POV~

 

I suddenly sat up, panting. I feel sticky because of my sweat. I looked around and realized that I was in my room. It means Jiyong left and Seungri’s somewhere here in my room.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

I looked up. “I just had a bad dream” I answered. With that being said, I suddenly felt hungry. “I’ll just go get something to eat” I told him and got out of bed. I ran to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I grabbed an apple and a slice of pizza. I went back to my room and offered Seungri to eat but he refused so I ate in silence.

 

“Do you know anything about what happened in the foundation dance?” I opened.

 

“Only bits”

 

“Oh” I mumbled then nodded slowly. I guess I’ll just have to wait for Jae to hear the whole story out. “Why is Bom and CL angry at me?”

 

“CL isn’t angry at you. It just so happened that she’s some sort of Bom’s follower and besfriend, so. . .” he shrugged.

 

“So Bom hates me”

 

“I think jealous would be the appropriate word” he smiled.

 

“Jealous of me? But why would she-?”

 

“She’s quite err. . . sensitive when it comes to Jiyong”

 

“Oh” I mumbled. “But Jiyong and I are just friends”

 

Seungri chuckled again. “I guess she;s just not used to see Jiyong interacting with other people. She thinks Jiyong is way too comfortable around you”

 

“So, the two of them have a. . . thing?”

 

“Bom broke it up”

 

“Really?” I asked in disbelief. “Why did she do that when she obviously still have feelings for him?”

 

“It’s actually kind of shallow” he chuckled. “But it was all because of what a fortune teller said. There was a fair here a few years back, I don’t know if you can still remember that. We went to different booths but since they were a couple at the time, they usually separate themselves from us. We haven’t seen them for quite some time. We were circling around the area when we saw Bom arched out from the fortune teller’s tent with Jiyong behind her. They argued a lot that time and it went on and on until Bom finally broke up with him”

 

“What did the-?” I started but stopped as my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and saw Jae’s name. “It’s Jae” I told Seungri and quickly accepted the call.

 

o=o=o

 

~JIYONG’S POV~

 

“I hope you shut your mouth properly last night” I said. I waited for his answer but he didn’t say anything. “Seungri!”

 

“I didn’t say anything inappropriate, alright? She was curious so I-“

 

“What did she ask?” I snapped.

 

“She was wondering why Bom and CL hate her. I told her CL doesn’t really hate her, it just comes with her being Bom’s bestfriend. I told her Bom was jealous of her because Bom;s not used in seeing you interacting with other people especially you seemed to be a bit comfortable around Dara. She asked me if you and Bom have a thing, I told her Bom broke it up. Then she asked why and I told her you two broke up because of what the fortune teller said in the fair a few years-“

 

“WHAT?!?!” I exploded.

 

“Relax, okay?” Seungri calmly said. “I didn’t tell her about the prediction because her boyfriend called.

 

“The next time you open your mouth, make sure you won’t mention anything related to me” I gritted. “Get lost”

 

“She had a nightmare again last night” he said. “In case you want to know”

 

I looked down at the girl as soon as Seungri left. I chuckled lightly as I saw the little bump on her forehead. I reached out for it, touching the bump gently. I felt it shrink against my finger and when I withdrew my hand, the bump was gone already. I was about to leave when I heard her moan. I looked back and saw her stirring awake.

 

“Jiyong?” she softly mumbled the moment she opened her eyes. I grimaced but since she already saw ne, there’s no use in hiding or running away. I sighed and nodded at her. She smiled and stood up.

 

“What the fu-?!” I exclaimed as she hugged me out of nowhere, her right cheek resting on my chest.

 

“I’m happy to see you” she said.

 

“That makes one of us” I gritted but she didn’t say anything, only hugged me tighter. I let my arms stay at my sides. I waited for her to pull back but after a few seconds, she remained unmoving. “Okay, you can let got now”

 

Still, she didn’t move. The door suddenly flew opened. I cursed out loud as I saw the girl’s parents standing so stiffly side by side, eyes all-white.

 

“Leave her alone” they chorused in an eerie voice. The door closed again and I felt Dara pulled away from me.

 

“You smell bad” she said wrinkling her nose.

 

“I came from a fight and it’s not my fault when you suddenly hugged me”

 

“Shoo, shoo. Go take a bath” she said. “Oh, we’ll go to school together, right?”

 

“No we’re not” I sternly said. “Now go take a bath. You’ll be late for school, too”

 

The moment she went to her bathroom, I immediately got out of the room. I went to find another room, her parents’ room to be exact. When I found a door, I opened it and saw an empty room. I heard voices from downstairs; I’m guessing her parents are in the kitchen right now. I went inside the room and searched the place. I cursed under my breath when I found nothing that will help me find who the person behind this. I went to the window, opened it and slipped out. I looked up, blinked – the window automatically closed. I took out the mobile phone from my pocket.

 

“Hey, did something happen?” Jaejoong’s worried voice greeted me at once.

 

I launched to tell him what happened a while ago. “So I think it’s not safe for her parents to stay with her in one house”

 

“Meaning, you want to separate Dara from her parents?” he asked.

 

“I’m just suggesting. It’s still your decision to make. She’s your responsibility on the first place”

 

He sighed. “Sorry. I’m just worried what she’d feel”

 

I snorted. “Yeah, I wonder how she’d feel when she arrives and found her dead parents’ body”

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll do something about it”

 

I ended the call. This is really becoming a bothersome task. I’m really out of my mind for agreeing to this. And now, I have to stay close to the spoof girl until her boyfriend returns.

 

o=o=o

 

“Where’s Krystal?” I asked Sulli.

 

“I don’t know” she shrugged. “Maybe she went with Jae in Europe. They’re having a family affair, anyways”

 

I nodded. I haven’t attended any of my classes this morning since I was keeping the spoof girl under surveillance. Speaking of, my eyes darted to her. She was talking to VIctorua and Luna about a television show. Out of nowhere, she glanced at me and stuck her tongue out before turning her attention back to her friends.

 

“Spoof” I chuckled.

 

“Huh?” Sulli asked blankly.

 

“Nothing. I just remembered something funny”

 

“Oh”

 

We turned silent after that. Now that I’m interacting with the girl’s friends, I can say that I like Sulli the most. She’s not as talkative, not as random, and not as spontaneous compared to the others.  We’re both comfortable in the world of the “silent people”. I’m not really a talker. I just talk a lot when I’m with. . . my train of thoughts stopped as I realized where they were heading.

 

“Hey, what’s that?” Sulli’s voice entered my ear. I glanced sideways. She was leaning forward on the table. I followed her gaze and it landed on Sandara Park.

 

“N-nothing!” the girl answered quickly, closing her notebook.

 

“You were drawing something” Sulli insisted.

 

“I-“

 

“Let me see” Victoria said and took the notebook out of her hand. The girl was left helpless, blushing deeply as Victoria and Luna flicked through the pages of her notes.

 

“What’s this supposed to be?” Victoria asked, frowning”

 

“It’s a bird, Vic” Luna rolled her eyes.

 

“Oh yes! But it kind of looks ug-“

 

“Let me see” Sulli inserted. Luna passed the notebook to her. I took a peak at the drawing and quickly looked at the girl. She was looking at me, too.

 

“It’s a crow” I said. Dar bowed her head, face turning redder than before.

 

“Oh, no wonder it looked ugly” Victoria said. “I’m not saying your drawing , Dara. But crows? Seriously? Why would you draw something as ugly as that?”

 

“I find them fascinating and interesting” she answered, looking up at me again. I looked away as I can’t seem to stand her eyes.

 

“Fascinating?” Victoria scoffed.

 

“Crows are usually associated with death and some dark and evil stuff. Do you find death fascinating, Dara?” I asked slowly.

 

“Crows are misunderstood!” she suddenly blurted out. “They’re not all about death or darkness or evil stuff! They-!”

 

“Hey, chill down, will ya? It’s just a bird, not to say a drawing” Victoria chuckled.

 

That’s one of the things I hate about Sandara Park. She keeps on “defending” things that are not worth defending. I regretted helping her when her car broke down in front of the cemetery. If I didn’t help her back then, things would have gone differently. If I didn’t offer help, I wouldn’t be sitting with them, trying to mingle around and find out who’s behind all of these attacks to her. If I didn’t bother to help, I would have still been the same.

 

I don’t know what guys like Jaejoong and Seungri saw in her. Everything about her is quite ordinary – from the shape of her face; the color of her eyes; her lips, ears, teeth, cheeks, height – everything spells ORDINARY. Oh, of course her eyes are-

 

Her eyes-

 

Her brown eyes are-

 

Well, the color of her eyes is ORDINARY.

 

Her attitude and personality’s ordinary too but uniquely annoying and irritating. Bom’s a MILLION times bearable compared to her. And yet, here I am, watching over and ORDINARY GIRL, not minding the risks that comes with it.

 

I’m definitely out of my mind.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

a/n: hey guys, I know Entangled Web was finished some time ago already but a reader just made a new banner for it! check this out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

by BEB