Chapter 5

Through the camera lense... Is your dream.

Two weeks have past, and while Luhan has spent a few times, going out on his own to take pictures, Ae Lin has been locked inside her room, going through every book her parents have given her, as well as doing homework, and studying for exams.

Her body was getting weaker as she grew more tired, and she was lacking food and energy.

She's always on the edge of sleeping at school, but forces herself to wake up.

Because of lack of sleep, her brain doesn't function properly and it's hard for her to focus.

Her growling stomach hurts and annoys her.

 

These are the consequences to studying late night. Or all night. 

 

The thoughts that kept her going was; "My parents would kill me if I fail this subject", "I have to do this for my parents", "I need to pass this exam because this will be important for my study course in uni."

During her study time, and sometimes after school, she would get a text from Luhan asking if she's available at a certain day or just how she's doing. She wouldn't reply honestly and just say that she's fine. It's no one's buisness to know her problems.

Sometimes, they'd end up texting each other for hours, but not till late night. Luhan always ends the conversation by saying that he has to go to sleep which is always at 9:00pm. And thus, is also the time that Ae Lin begins with her studying on those days.

__________________________________________________

 

One Saturday, her parents both went to work on short notice. Ae Lin wasn't hesitant to text Luhan right away, telling him to meet at the park.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Luhan holds his camera with both hands, walking around the park in search of Ae Lin.

Soon, in the middle of a field of the gleaming white snow, he spots Ae Lin just standing there, smiling, with her head tilted towards the sky. He stares for a moment before snapping a picture and walk up towards her.

 

 

Untitled

 

"What are you doing?" he asks her. Keeping her gaze on the sky above her, she answers, "I like watching the snow fall from the sky. I just love winter."

"But I thought you hated winter because of the rain." "It's true that I hate the rain, but I love the snow afterwards. That's the major reason why I love winter. Though I like Spring better because I like seeing the flowers bloom."

Luhan just continued to stare. She looks so simply happy. He likes that about her.

"So, why did you suddenly text that you wanted to take photos? I thought you said that you were going to be busy for the weekend."

Ae Lin looked straight to face Luhan, "Oh, well... my parents weren't home and--"

"So you sneak out to take photos only when your parents aren't home? Haha! You? Ae Lin? Woow I never thought that you'd be that way. You sneaky person... like a ninja. A chipmunk ninja."

Ae Lin just rolled her eyes playfully at Luhan's name calling, "Let's just go to the other corners of the park now." "Okay! But wait, last time I was here, I went my own path, and there are so many things that are worth taking pictures of. I'll take you there!" he said excitedly, walking off quickly to a random place that's off the path. Ae Lin smiled with confusion, and followed him.

******

"Aren't you cold?" Luhan asks Ae Lin with a concerned expression. "Not that much, why?"

"You're only wearing a coat. And the material doesn't look as warm and thick."

"I'm wearing two long sleeves underneath." she tells him. "And that's enough to keep you warm?"

"My friends actually call me a 'werewolf' because my skin is naturally warm." Luhan raises an eyebrow, "Why, out of all animals, a werewolf? You suit a  chipmunk more."

"I guess it's cause I'm always up late at night, and I like to look at the full moon." Ae Lin explains, ignoring Luhan's name calling. "You know my friends call me a werewolf too? More specifically, a snow werewolf. Because I love the snow and most nights, I'm up late too and I stare at the full moon. It's more beautiful when you can see the snow falling aswell, don't you think?"

Ae Lin smiles softly and hums in agreement. "So, you're a werewolf and a deer? How does that work? I guess I should I call you... a deer wolf?" she teases. Luhan pokes the side of her head and pushes it down softly with his finger, "Yah! What did you call me?"

Ae Lin lightly laughs, "You call me a chipmunk ninja! And chipmunk! It's only fair I get you back with your own nickname!"

Before he could get a say, she walks ahead with her head high. Luhan chuckles at her cute actions, "Chipmunk..."

She doesn't turn around. "Chipmunk ninja..."

Nothing.

"Ninja werewolf..."

Nope.

Luhan started to just chuck random names together. After multiple times, he calls her, "Angelic Ninja Werewolf..."

That was the longest and randomest name he shouted out to her, and she turned around, "What?"

"About time you turned around." He said walking up to her as she stayed put. "What kind of nickname was that?" she asked.

"A suitable one. Why?" "But why'd you say 'Angelic'?" Ae Lin questioned, tilting her head to the side. Luhan stopped when he was a step away from her, "Because you look like an angel- pure and innocent." he answered truthfully, smiling softly.

Ae Lin was wide-eyed, stunned. How in the world did he manage to let that slip off his tongue so easily?

Continuing to stare at him with her big, chipmunk-like eyes, she blinked twice. Luhan let out a breath of amusement, "I caught you by surprise, didn't I?" Ae Lin hesitantly nodded once. He chuckled at her expression, before he leaned forward abit and said, "Your chipmunk eyes are really adorable, you know that? I suggest you turn around before I say another surprising thing."

Without hesitation this time, Ae Lin turn around and continued walking. Luhan smirked at her reaction and walked up next to her.

He left her just plain stunned at his words. Was Luhan flirting with Ae Lin just now? xD

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Just so you know, when I neared the last part, it's like the story was writing itself, I wasn't thinking about what I was writing, so I hope it's okay.

What do you think of Luhan's words? And Ae Lin's reaction? How was this chapter overall?

I'd love to see some comments! They motivate me to do well! ^^

Haha! Laters guys! Please wait patiently for the next chapter xP