Chapter 3

Through the camera lense... Is your dream.

 

Ae Lin's POV:

I walk away, in my own direction, feeling rather disappointed at the fact that I won't be able to participate in the competetion. I thought that Luhan was behind me, but when I turn around, he's not there. I shrugged it off, thinking that that was the end of our first meet. It didn't really bother me...it's happened before. 

As I walked around on my own, looking at new pictures, trying to identidy what the message is trying to say, since Luhan told me that some pictures have hidden messages that come with it.

I come across a picture that has a heart and headphones.

 

  

 

 

'Listen to your heart'  was what came to mind immediatly. Could that be the message? Well of course it is, what else would it be?

'Listen to your heart'   the voice repeated at the back of my head. Yes I know, I have confirmed that already. i mentally told that voice.

'Listen to your heart.' Now that it's been said a third time, I actually think about what my heart could be saying. 

I look around at all the other photographs, I remember how Luhan told me that some of his dad's photo's are displayed here.

If only my pictures could be displayed here too. Then maybe I could show my parents and prove to them that my love for photography is actually doing good. And the picture displayed, itself, can be extra proof that people do love my photos and it can lead me to a successful future that I'd be more than happy to have!

Yes! That is what I shall do! My heart was telling me to sign up for that contest! 

With pure determination and no looking back, I make my way to the sign up table and wait in line. I hope I can still make it.

 

When I get to the front, the lady asked for my name. "Choi Ae Lin" I answer her.

"Choi Ae Lin?" she repeated. I nodded my head, but she didn't write down my name. She was looking through her other pages of sign-ups that were full. "I think that you've already signed up for the contest."

What?  

"Ah, here you are. You've entered with a partner- Xi Luhan? I believe that he also signed you up." she informs me, as she allows me to look at the sheet. I take a look and my eyes widnen. Luhan signed me up? Why?

"Thank you!" I say to the lady before before bowing to leave.

 

I look around the gallery in search of Luhan. I need to find him. And question him.

"Looking for me?" I hear a familiar voice behind me. i turn around and I thankfully see him, smiling. "Yes actually. Um... why did you sign me up for the contest?" i question immediatley.

He gives a light chuckle, "Because you wanted to." "But I said before that I'll have no time for photos--"

"Well, I can help you make time. And you're free now, right? So let's go!" 

I was going to protest, but nothing came out of my mouth, and he was already walking past me towards the exit so I had no choce to follow him. He is my partner after all. And plus, I am free so...

 

Outside, it was still snowing. Luhan and I engaged ourselve in a conversation about ourselves. "So... how old are you, Ae Lin?" Luhan asks. "I'm 17. You?"  "I'm 18. And just a plus, I won't get offended if you say that I look like a deer. you can call me that as many times as you'd like."

"Come to think of it, you do look like a deer! Haha! What about me? Do I look like a type of animal to you?"

"A Chipmunk." he answers immediatley. How surprising. "A chipmunk? Why?"

"Because your big-ish eyes remind me of a chipmunk, aswell as your chubby-ish cheeks that show your cheekbones when you smile." Luhan answers. He's so observant. He even knows that my cheekbones show. I'm kind of touched x)

We near a cafe, the same one where that person handed out the flyer to me. But she's gone now. "Hey Chipmunk, do you wanna go in here and order a drink?" Luhan offers. "Oh, so you're going to call me a 'chipmunk' now?" Luhan simply nods, "So you wanna go in or what?"

"You sure?" I ask. It seems unlikely that someone I'd just met is offering a moment to sit and drink. However he nods positively and I just couldn't reject it, "Okay, sure! why not?"

We enter the cafe that smelt of warm coffee or hot chocolate, and freshly baked bread and cookies. it smelt HEAVENLY! Luhan picks a spot  by the window, and we sit down, taking off our cameras and setting it on the table. A waitress comes and asks for our order.

"What do you want? It'll be my treat." Luhan says.

"A milkshake! Any flavour!" I say happily. Luhan chuckles, "Are you crazy? Milkshakes are cold beverages. It's like 0 degrees out there! Get something else."

"A fruit smoothie then." I shrug. But Luhan raises his eyebrow at me and tells me, "I meant a hot beverage."

"Tsk. Fine. I'll get a cappucino." I say defeated. He smiles, "That's better," he turns to the waitress, "Two cappucinos please."

 

When the waitress comes with our coffee, Luhan and I were laughing our heads off. "HAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh! I can't believe that someone actually pretended to do a good deed by washing someone's car, only to be found out that it was a prank because the car was frozen the next day!" I say inbetween laughs.

We stopped the laughter to take a sip of our coffee. Unlike Luhan, I didn't blow on my coffee first, before taking a sip, so the hot liquid made my lip burn as soon it touched it. I flinched and some of the coffee spilled on my scarf.

"Oh my gosh! Here!" Luhan says taking a napkin and wiping the coffee off. "Thanks" I tell him. Geez, how embarrassing... -.-" Especially after laughing. He lightly chuckles after putting the napkin down

"Be careful next time." he tells me in a calm with a hint of worried tone. I nod sheepishly before blowing on the coffee and taking another sip.

________________________________________________________

 

After heading out the cafe, Luhan suggests that we start taking pictures now. He recommended going to the park first. It was a rather large park, and there are so many corners that can't be visited in one day. Alot of beautiful sceneries and people were there, so it's a perfect place to take photos.

We continued to make each other laugh with our randomness and jokes during the long walk. 

"You're so cheerful you know that? It's like you're a girl with no problems." Luhan then says. I stop walking and turn to look at him, my smile fading instantly. "What did you say?"

"I said that you're like a girl with no problems." he repeated. I couldn't help but glare at him. How dare he say that? I just walked away from him. "What? What did I do?" I hear him questioning a few steps behind me. But I ignore him and continue walking.

"Did I offend you?"

I turn around to find that he's now just a step away from me. But I don't hesitate to look at him right in the eye. "You think? Of course you offended me! You're judging me without knowing the real me! Maybe this 'cheerful' me is just a mask I put on to hide how upset I really am, because I have problems too." With that, I turn to walk away, but Luhan suddenly appears in front of me, blocking my way.

I try to step around, but he blocks my way. When I go left, he goes right. When I go right, he goes left. He steps closer towards me that we're no more than a centimetre apart, and he looks down at me with concerned and searching eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asks looking right into my eyes, trying to find something out of it.

The cold stare I was giving him vanished just like that at his words. Never before has someone asked me that question in my life.

"You can tell me."

I break my eye contact from him and I take a moment to breath. Should I tell him what's wrong? He seems like a good and understanding guy. But I did just met him today, maybe not yet.

"N-No, It's fine," I tell him before looking up into his eyes again. "Don't worry." I walk around him, and we continue to make our way to the park. "I'm sorry for offending you." Luhan manages to say guilty. "Just forget it. it doesn't matter now." I say to him.

____________________________________________________

 

We spent the next few hours at the park, exploring two corners of it at least, and taking photos of whatever caught our attention. The snow began to fall heavier, so we decided to call it a day for picture-taking and we went into the nearest cafe to warm up.We used that time to talk more, and by the end of the day, I was proud to call him my friend, and I'm glad to be his partner.

Before I got up to make my way home, Luhan stopped me, "Wait!" "Yeah?"

"Um...c-can I have your number?" I raise my eyebrows. "You know, since we're partners and everything now, I thought it'd be a good idea to keep in contact. You know, so we can organise next picture-taking times."

"Ahh okay! Sure!" i say cheerfully, and gladly give him my number. But why did he stutter? Is it because he's cold? Luhan gave me his number in exchange, and he even offered to take me home to be sure that I get there safely. Plus the snow was falling slightly heavily so we shared his umbrella to protect us (and our cameras) from the snow. 

__________________________________________


Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! WHOO! hahaha! 

Yeah, so I know that most or all of you may be disappointed with that huge lack of detail in the last part, I apolygise to you all, but I had nothing to inpire me in the scene, plus I'm feelng quite sick and tired x( I just wanted to update something for you guys on New Year's Day.

So what do you guys think of this chapter? I'd love to here feedback! ^^

Okay, Laters guys!