Chapter 1

Through the camera lense... Is your dream.

The clock seems to tick slowly as Ae Lin sits by her desk, buried in books of so-called "boredom." Being forced to study and read about medicine isn't at all interesting, but Ae Lin is used to it. She stares at the book in front her and reads over the same sentence repeatedly. What she's reading isn't sinking in and she can't understand what it's trying to say.

She looks up at the clock- 11:00pm. "Just one more hour of study then I can sleep." she tells herself. Ae Lin rubs her tired eyes, trying to keep herself awake. It's hard studying late night at times, especially when it's freezing cold in this winter time. She looks outside her window. It was pitch black, but the streetlights help her see the snow falling.

She converts her sight to the full moon in the sky. It looks so beautiful in the snowy background that comes with it, she can't help but stare. Pretty soon, her heavy eyelids start closing and her head begins to droop. In just a matter if a few minutes, her head is lying on top of her book and snored softly into a deep sleep.

 

Ae Lin awoke with a hungry stomach and a cold self. Because she didnt sleep on her bed, her thick blanket didnt keep her warm. She walked over to her closet to grab a few extra jumpers and put them on before going downstairs for breakfast. Her parents were probably at work early which explained the empty house. "Finally, it's about time I had time to myself." she said to one.

With her parents always on her back, talking about school, possible universities to get into, education and how they can't wait for the day she'll become a doctor, it just stresses her out aswell as upsets her. Why can't she at least study about photograghy? That's her passion. That's what she wants to do. She wouldn't mind studying late nights about photography, learning new, interesting stuff.

Ae Lin, you could say, is a nerd at heart. But it doesn't physically look like it. Ever since she got used to studying, it became apart of her routine. Well actually, it's like studying is the rouine itself. She could JUST squeeze in some time to go out and take pictures with a camera she saved to buy herself. THAT is when she has she has the time to be herself. To be a photographer. To be the someone she wants to be forever. Not someone who was converted into a studying machine and HAS to get the best grades possible and be at the top if the class in order for a successful future.

Ae Lin looks outside the window at the snowy scenery while munching on some toast. "Time to take some pictures." she said happily to herself. So she washed up, dressed warmly, took her camera and wrapped the strap around her neck and stepped out into the cold, white snow.

 

The freezing wind blew past and it hit her face. She used her scarf to cover up her face except her eyes and tucked her hands into her jumper pockets and walked ahead, hearing her feet crunch in the thick snow. Ae Lin walked wherever her feet took her. It didn't matter where she went because if her parents left early, means coming back late night. So she could go and be anywhere and be herself, outside, for one whole day!

She heard a bunch of childish laughter not so far away from where she was. She turned her head and she saw two little kids that looked about 6 or 7 having a snowball fight round a snowman, their dad watching from a distance. With a smile, Ae Lin held her camera in front of her face and focused the camera on the two kids chucking snowballs at each other with the happy little snowman in the background.

She snapped the picture and looked at the results. Beautiful. She heard the mother call the kids and dad inside for some hot chocolate. That was her cue to leave aswell.

Pretty soon, she finds herself in the park. It was gleaming white and the only thing you could see were the trees and the snow thats been swept off the pathways and benches. Everything combined with the gently falling snow looked twice as beautiful.

She decided to just take a picture of everything. So she looked through the camera lense and began rotating clockwise, snapping a picture of everything and anything that was in sight; a snowy tree, a couple sitting next to each other on a bench, people building snowmen, people having snowball fights, someone taking a picture of her taking a picture--wait, what?

Ae Lin looked at the picture she just took and it was a male figure holding a camera and taking a picture of her back. She couldn't see the face since his camera blocked almost his entire face. "What the...?" She questioned. She looked up to face the object that she took a picture of, only to find that there was nothing there. "Huh...Strange..." she commented. But she just shrugged it off for now as her feet lead her to another direction.

Passing a cafe, a person handing out flyers placed a flyer in front of Ae Lin as she passed, Ae Lin took it and thanked the person with a smile and she looked at what the flyer said while walking on. "Come and see the amazing new photography at Seoul Art Gallery today. Morning tea will be provided. 8-11am" she read.

She smiled in consideration of going to the art gallery and checking out the photographs there. Maybe she'll be inspired on different photo taking styles. So she made her way to the gallery.

Hey wassup guys! Boring chapter right? Yeah sorry x) But the next should be better! And I know this is a short a chapter, but I'm writing on my phone so thats why xD haha! Thanks to my four subscribers that subscrived and for you that commented even before chapters were posted! It was a big motivation! Thank you! ^^