Chapter 2

Through the camera lense... Is your dream.

LUHAN'S POV:

I quickly rush in through the doors of the art gallery, feeling the warmth of the heaters welcome me as I wipe off the extra snow that's landed on my hair and jacket sleeves on the way here. Whew! Glad I didn't miss it! A reasonable amount of people have come to the art gallery. It's surprising. I honestly thought that very few people would come!

My dad is a photographer. He's been doing it his whole life, and it's inspired me to take photographs aswell. Just like my dad, I take pictures of anything that's beautiful and keeps memories. My dad has a quarter percent of his work displayed in the gallery. Which is why he, my mother and I, have come with him to this event to morally support him and see the turnout.

He won't be saying any speeches or anything. He's not exactly well known. He just wants to see people's reactions to his pictures.

 

As I stand by a wall and my eyes travel randomly around the gallery, I spot a tall female figure standing in front of a large photograph. Her casual wearing of a hoodie, jeans, sneakers, scarf and beanie made her stand out amoungst the other girls who came in dresses, long coats, stockings and heels. This wasn't even a formal event! What's with the dresses?

Her big-ish eyes and chubby-ish cheeks that showed her cheekbones when she smiles reminds me of a chipmunk. Her fringe makes her appear innocent and she wore no make up. This girl... Has natural beauty. And she looks so different than every other girl.

It somehow makes me grow more curious towards her. What's her name? How old is she? What's her personality like? But just judging from her appearance, she looks like an innocent angel.

Feeling pretty confident, I walk towards the picture she's looking at, and stand beside her while facing it. "Pretty cool photograph, right?" From the corner of my eye, she turns her head towards me. I turn to look at her and she looks even more angelic from a closer view.

"Hmm? Oh yeah it is! The photographer captured the picture nicely!" she comments. "That's my dad." "Hmm?"

"Oh...I said that my dad was the one who took this photo. He has a few of his work displayed here, that's why I'm here." She smiles at me and says, "That's heaps cool! You're dad is a photographer! Do you take photos too?"

"Of course! I look up to my dad! He's my hero! I follow his footsteps! Most of time I'm doing nothing but going outside, taking photos." I say with enthusiasm. She smiles and nods, "Cool!" then turns back to the picture.

Oh damn, an awkward silence. I should do something...

"I'm Luhan by the way. Xi Luhan" I introduce myself, holding out my hand. "I'm Choi Ae Lin" she greets with a smile.

Ae Lin... that's a beautiful name for her, it suits her well.

"So, Ae Lin, you...like taking photos too?" I ask eyeing her camera hanging around her neck. She looks down and then holds it up, "Oh, yeah. I really love photography, though I rarely have enough time to actually take pictures." "Why not?" I ask. Ae Lin begins to stutter, "Um...well..." She seemed uneasy about me asking, so I told her to forget it, "Let's just look at other pictures, shall we? I could tell you the different photography styles and whereabouts the pictures were taken. Of course, I only know more about my dad's photos, because I go with him to those places. Hehe."

She smiled warmly at me in agreement, and we began walking around the gallery. I let her point out any photograph she liked, and I give her alot of information about it. Why alot? Because it was surpisingly and mostly my dad's pictures that'd catch her eye.

Ae Lin seemed very interested and wanted to know more and more. It's like she's a book that's wants to be filled with more information. It made me feel more knowledgable than usual and good about myself. I like to see her eyes shine whenever she saw a new picture and the more she was told something that she didn't know before.

 

"Okay everyone! Please gather around here for a moment! We have an surprise announcement to make!" we here a man's voice coming from the centre of the photography section. We look at each other in curiosity before making our way to the said area.

"Yes, Yes, gather around! This way people!" A middle-aged man said to everyone which standing in front of a plain wall. When everyone had gathered in an orderly fashion, he continued, "This year, this art gallery is going to hold it's very first photography contest! It's simple! Take as many photos as you like, print them out, make an album, hand it in by three months time, and whoever us professional photographers think has the best album, we shall display their best photo right here on this wall behind me! And! Their album will be bought by whoever judge wants it for $200 minimum!"

Amused whispers began rising in the room, I looked at Ae Lin, and she seemed interested.

"You can go solo, or in pairs! But I tell you know, there are only 20 spots each so sign up quick! The sign-up sheets are right over there by that large picture." 

Some people went to the sign-up sheets and some went their own direction, not exactly interested in the contest. I nudged Ae Lin, "You going to sign up?"

"Mmm... I'd like to, but like I said before, I don't have anough time to take any pictures so there's really no point in me signing up." She replied in an upset tone. I wonder why she doesn't have the time to take any pictures.

 

Heeey wassup guys?? DOUBLE UPDATE! WHOOT WHOOT! Hahahaha! XD

So Luhan finally noticed Ae Lin, you think it was love at first sight? Don't ask me, I don't really know myself! 

I hope you readers like it so far! Next chapter has more interaction between Ae Lin and Luhan. Look forward to it patiently plese! ^^

Till then, Laters!