Love & Hate

Grateful Man (Third Installment of Dream Boy)

Demi Lovato - Fix a Heart


Baekhyun exhaled tiredly as he loosened his tie, closing the door behind him before slipping out of his jacket. “I’m home,” he called out. He blinked confusingly when he heard no response, in fact the house was filled with silence. “Are they all gone?” he questioned himself as he walked upstairs. The elder stepped towards the first room on the second floor, his son’s room. He found lights still on inside from looking at the bottom of the door and heard a faint sound of beeping and other crazy sound effects. Baekhyun chuckled to himself before opening the door and found his eldest child playing PC games. “Byun Taesun,” he called out, making the young boy jump back in his seat. “Get to bed, kid.”

The twelve year old frowned at his father, “But- I’ll sleep after I finish this, okay? My friends are depending on me-”

“Well, your life is depending on daily sleep. You haven’t slept for at least three hours in the past week, haven’t you?” Baekhyun questioned the boy in his stern, rare voice. “Just get some sleep, alright? You will have the weekends to play as much as you want. But on weekdays, just focus on school work, okay?”

Taesun sighed and nodded as he shut off his computer without caring to tell his friends that he was leaving (because that’s how much he actually cared about his family) and the young boy slipped under his covers. “Night dad,” the boy said, giving his father his smile.

Baekhyun smiled and walked over to his son and pulled the covers over his son’s shoulders, “Sleep well, alright? You only have tomorrow until the weekend and you can play as much as you’d like. Good night, Tae,” he said and lightly patted his son’s head. He turned off the lights and walked out of his son’s bedroom, closing the door softly and walked over to the next room. There was silence, unlike Taesun’s bedroom. With a smile, Baekhyun silently opened the door to Minyeon’s bedroom and found her small figure in bed, sleeping soundly. His smile widen as he walked inside her room and knelt down at the side of her bed. The father kissed his daughter’s forehead and whispered a soft ‘goodnight’ to her before slipping out of the bedroom. The last room of the second floor was saved for the best.

The elder poked his head inside the master bedroom, finding a petite figure tossing and turning on the bed. A chuckle escaped from his lips as he stepped inside and took off his tie and walked over to his wife’s side of the bed, “Good evening, my beautiful wife-” The smile that was on his face was swept away when he saw wet trails down his wife’s cheeks. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” he questioned, worried about his wife. He started to grow angry. *If someone hurt you, I won’t forgive them.*

Hyemi quickly wiped her stains and tears away and croaked out, “Nothing. It’s nothing Baekhyun.” But the elder didn’t seem convinced and a frown spread across his face. “It’s nothing, Baek... Don’t worry about it. Just- just sleep...”

The frown on her husband’s face deepened as he grabbed his wife’s hands, “Hyemi, tell me. What’s wrong? Did something happen? Did someone hurt you? I swear, if someone did, they won’t be able to see daylight anymore-” Baekhyun stopped when he found his wife sobbing and wrapped her arms around his torso, hugging him tightly and sobbed into his chest. He sighed and wrapped his arms around his wife, pressing his lips on her temple, “What’s wrong, Hyemi? Tell me, please?” he asked in a softer tone.

“I hate you, Byun Baekhyun,” she said between sobs.

Baekhyun blinked, utterly confused and conflicted. Should he be sad that his wife had just told him that she hated him? Or should he be feeling something else? “Why do you hate me?” he asked. *Hopefully you don’t...* Instead of answering his question, the girl continued to cry in her husband’s arms. Baekhyun sighed and held Hyemi closer to him, “Hyemi... Don’t hate me, okay?” he started. “I know I’m not the best husband in this world for you, and I know I’m not the perfect guy that you met years ago... And you know I at words, so do me a favor... Whenever you’re feeling down, please tell me instead of sleeping in your own pool of tears. It hurts to see you crying, especially by yourself... If you’re sad about something, I’d rather have both of us cry about it than have only you cry about it. If you’re angry about something, tell me so I can be angry with you. If you’re happy about something, tell me so I can be happy with you. If you don’t tell me, I’ll feel ignored and it hurts to be ignored by someone you love the most... So, please? Tell me so I can cry with you, Hyemi.”

His words just made Hyemi sob harder and he exhaled heavily, not knowing what to do. “I hate you, Baekhyun. I really, really, really hate you. Why are you my husband?” she questioned as she looked up at him. “Look at me, I’m a freaking idiot!” she said and sniffled. “During my whole day with Minyeon and Taesun, I’ve been thinking about the stupidest things ever. Like I’ve been thinking of how you could be cheating on me and you could be seeing another woman behind my back and maybe that’s why you haven’t been eating your lunch lately because you could be out with a girl and eating lunch with her and just thought of her at that moment while I was in the back of your mind begging for attention. I’m so stupid to even think of such thing because I know you wouldn’t do that and you knew better than to go behind my back and be with someone else that could replace me in your life and just listening to you say all those words made me realize how much of an idiot I have been all day and thought about the bad things instead of the good things-” Her words were cut off by a pair of lips that landed on hers as fingers wiped her tears away from her face. The pair of lips pulled away and Hyemi’s husband smiled down at her, resting his forehead against hers.

“You are an idiot... An idiot for thinking such things...” Baekhyun said.

Hyemi rolled her eyes and sniffled, “Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I’ve been saying that at least more than ten times-”

“But I’m really the idiot in this relationship...” Baekhyun said. “I’m the idiot for falling in love with a girl who isn’t the right girl for me... She deserves someone better than me.”

“Stop saying those things, Baek...” Hyemi muttered.

“But I want to... It’s not the only way I can express my feelings for you, but it is the only way at this moment to show you my feelings for you. Kang Hyemi- No, Byun Hyemi... I love you and only you. You’ve been the only one in my entire life that had been able to see the real me when I needed someone to. You’ve been the only one who has been able to make me smile every day and night, it’s all because of you. And because of you, I think of our two children and think that they’re lucky to have such an amazing mother by their sides to care and nurture them. If I had been with someone else while you’re with some other lucky guy, I would have a family that would be tearing apart by now with a bad mother and I would not care about the children. You’re different Hyemi, and if we never met, I’m sure the guy you would have been with would have been a lucky fellow, just like I am.”

A sniffle came from his wife and tears started to sprout from her eyes again, “And you say you’re not good with words. Another reason to hate you more.”

Baekhyun raised a brow and chuckled as he hugged his wife tighter, rubbing his hand on her arms comfortingly, “You have a list of reasons to hate me? May I know what’s on this list that I just heard of?” he asked.

Hyemi looked up at Baekhyun and pecked her husband’s lips, “Go change so you can sleep... It’s past midnight,,” she said, avoiding the questions as Baekhyun lightly laughed and stood back up to walk to their bathroom.

The couple settled into bed together in each others’ arms. “Good night, Baekhyun...”

A smile stretched across Baekhyun’s face, “Good night, my Twerp.” The two closed their eyes and started to fall asleep. “Hyemi?” Baekhyun muttered and the girl hummed in response, “The girl I was with was my other cousin I told you about a long time ago... Trust me, there’s no one else I’d rather be with than you...”

A smile was set on her face as she kept her eyes closed, “How’d you know I saw you with her?”

Baekhyun opened his eyes and pressed his lips on her forehead, “Because I’m just a good husband that knows everything you do...”


So... No school for me for today and tomorrow! thanks snowstorm! (?)