Love & Trust

Grateful Man (Third Installment of Dream Boy)

Onew - Moonlight


How long has it been since we’ve last met? How long has it been since we’ve realized we had fallen in love with each other? How long has it been since we have said our vows and promised that we would be by each other’s sides no matter what would happen? How long has it been since we’ve continued a wonderful adventure through life together? Those were the questions that Hyemi and Baekhyun have been unable to answer for the last eight or nine years. Yeah, they could have been able to answer those questions. I mean, they’re just mathematical questions. But those questions mean more than just numbers to both Hyemi and Baekhyun. No matter how long it has been since they had been in love, met, or married, the only thing that matters to them is finding a way to continue those numbers of years and hopefully it will not end. Why? Well, if they did add up the number of years of how long they have met, loved, etc. it would just make them feel as if their relationship has already met the end.

. . . . . . . .

“I gotta go to work,” Baekhyun said as he slipped into his suit jacket quickly and gave his wife a peck on the cheek.

Hyemi smiled as she gave her husband his lunch, “You better not skip lunch again, mister,” she scolded him playfully as she wagged her finger at the elder.

A smile flashed on his face as a chuckle escaped his lips, “I won’t,” he promised and gave her a loving kiss on the lips before pulling back. “I’ll be back by six, alright?” His wife mirrored the husband’s smile and nodded. She gave him a tight hug, her arms wrapped perfectly around the elder’s waist and her ear against his chest, listening to a normal beat of his heart that was meant for her. “Gotta go. Tell the kids I that I love them,” he said, grinning widely before slipping away with his lunch and briefcase and hurried out the door.

This was a typical morning for the Byun couple.

. . . . . . . .

A huff came from the stressed man who sat back in his seat, dozens of documents on his desk, waiting for his signature. His eyes shifted towards a framed picture of he and his two children and his wife. Just looking at the happy family that smiled at him made him smile. The only reason why he is still working and happy is because of his family. That explains why he is always so willing to work harder than most of his co-workers. But really, without his family, he would have been the same cold-hearted and chic guy. Without Hyemi, he wouldn’t have realized what the true meaning happiness was. Working with smiles and not having a stressful life was the only way to repay her for all she had done for him. Having two children was a bonus.

You’re probably wondering that this man could not be so dedicated to his family, and that no man is like that. Well, Baekhyun is someone who thinks a lot about his life. In fact, he has already decided that if there was no work in this world, he would spend his days with his wife and children.

A knock on his office door interrupted his brief break and he glanced up at the door, “Come in,” he said and the door opened and in walked a petite girl, his intern and young cousin.

“Bacon oppa, your next meeting is starting in ten minutes!” the girl said cheerfully.

A chuckle came from the elder as he stood up from his seat and slipped on his suit jacket and adjusted his black tie. “Alright, then when do you think the meeting will end? Hopefully before noon?” he asked, flashing his cousin a smile.

“I think it’s going to last longer than that oppa,” Chaemi said with a frown, also making Baekhyun frown. But a smile suddenly lit up on her face, “Why do you ask? Were you planning something for Hyemi unnie?”

“Stay out of my plans, Chae. But I suppose you’re meeting up with Sehun later right?” he questioned with a light smile.

Chaemi nodded as she hugged the documents in her arms, “Yep, during my lunch break.”

“You can leave now and come back when you’re supposed to, okay?” Baekhyun said. A wide smile emerged from the young girl and she nodded eagerly. “Just don’t do anything that will make me mad and force you two to break up, capeesh?” Chaemi gave him an annoyed look before nodding again and skipped out of the elder’s office.

“Hyemi is very lucky to have you!” she shouted as she hurried to grab her bag from her desk and towards the elevators.

Baekhyun chuckled and gathered his files and documents, heading out of his office and towards the meeting room. *Actually, I’m the lucky one.*

. . . . . . . .

“Bye, mom!” the twelve year old boy said as he hurried out of the car and towards his group of friends. Hyemi smiled as she waved to her son before starting the car again to leave the school parking lot.

“Mom?” the four year old girl in the back seat of the car called out. “What time will daddy come home?”

Her mother smiled as she glanced at her daughter through the rearview mirror. “Six, Minyeon. And you will have the this half of the day with me.”

Her daughter smiled and let out a giggle, “Can we go out and eat ice cream later when dad comes home?”

A wide smile spread across the woman’s face as she lightly laughed, “Sure, sweetie.” The mother and daughter smiled happily as they sat in the car together in silence, watching the city zoom past them as the car continuously stopped and moved. Hyemi stopped at a red light again and tapped her fingers against the steering wheel.

“Mom! I see dad!” Minyeon said from the back seat and eagerly looked out the window. Hyemi followed her daughter’s gaze and glanced out the window, seeing a tall, fit man exiting out of a café. Her daughter smiled widely as she waved and shouted a greeting to her father even though he could not hear her, while Hyemi’s eyes lingered to the right of her husband, seeing a petite figure beside him with a face covered with make-up and a wide smile on her face as she accepted the cup of coffee that Baekhyun had handed out to her. She watched as Baekhyun and the girl walk towards his car and enter it, completely forgetting that she was at a red light. Hyemi’s gaze broke when she heard a car beep behind her. Her jumped in her seat and drove away, her mind still on Baekhyun and that girl that she didn’t know.


so yeah. i'm back with a short story of the bawerp couple. i wasn't really proud of that story anyway, but i miss them so i decided to write a third installment of them. it's short. so don't expect a long story. l0l. this story is just about Hyemi and baekhyun and no other. c: