Love & Forgiveness

Grateful Man (Third Installment of Dream Boy)

i'm fuking lazy to edit my stuff now- so deal with it. pls and thanks. c: i'm still on my hiatus and i jsut got the opprotunity to work on grateful man! but i'm finishing this story with one last chapter! in advance: thanks for reading and supporting this series of dream boy. i had a plot that i was wanting to do for a long time that combined the geek and the jerk's and dream boy's main characters later in life, but i realized that it wasn't necessary so, i'll just skip that and maybe use that plot for something else later on! 

지금은 멀리 있지만


A heavy sigh escaped from her lips as she rubbed her aching forehead. “Why the sudden call for a girls’ night out?” her friend, Jieun, asked as she cut her steak into small pieces and ate with a smile. Her friend’s smile disappeared when she found Hyemi with a stressful look on her. “You okay, Mimi?”

Hyemi looked up and quickly shot a smile at her, “I’m fine,” she assured and sipped on her glass of water. She turned to her purse that was beside her and took out a small bottle of aspirin, taking out a pill. The pill slipped past her lips and she took a gulp of water.

Jieun frowned as she watched her friend. A sigh came from her as worry lines wrinkled across her forehead for a moment, “Did something happen between you and Baekhyun?” she asked. Hyemi shook her head with a smile, but her friend was not convinced. “What happened, sweetie?”

The smile on Hyemi’s face disappeared. “Well, we started to argue a lot more than before... This morning he accused me of yelling all night long. I,” she paused for a moment to sigh again, “I know that he’s been very stress with work and all, and I know that me yelling at him last night wasn’t a good thing. But I just feel like we’ve been distancing ourselves a lot lately. He’s been working overtime with work, while I stay at home to take the kids to school and home, and to cook and clean. That’s all I can do. You know, sometimes I want to help out more... Maybe get a job when Minyeon starts school, to help pay bills and maybe find us a good place for a family vacation. It’s been a while anyway...”

“Just do what you want to do, Mimi,” Jieun encouraged with a smile.

“But Baekhyun doesn’t want me to work...” Hyemi said with a frown. Another pause as she thought of her next words, “I feel like I’m getting ignored lately. I barely get those sweet pecks and kisses or hugs from him lately. I really miss him during the nights by myself. I feel cold when I sleep by myself even with just two blankets on. I’ve cried myself to sleep at times when I hear him arriving home, heating up the food I left for him, then going back to work in the study room. It’s hard to gain his attention now.” She played with her food, staring at the ground. “I miss him.”

“Forgive me for not realizing.”

. . . . . . . .

“Thanks for taking care of her,” he told Jieun with a smile.

A smile came from the family friend, “No problem. Good luck you two,” she sang before rushing her way back him.

The husband and wife turned to each other. Hyemi looked down, clutching onto her purse as Baekhyun stuffed his hands in his pockets, gazing down at his wife. “Sorry,” he whispered and reached for her hand, lacing his fingers with hers. “Are you okay?” She nodded. Baekhyun squeezed her hand and pressed his lips against her temple as he held her close. “Let’s go home. I bet the kids are hungry, so let’s just get some take-out.”

The two walked to a fast food restaurant and stood in the long line of hungry people. They both didn’t say a thing, but Baekhyun held Hyemi close with an arm around her waist, while her head rested on his broad shoulder. After ordering, they sat at a table, waiting for their order to be finished. “Baekhyun?” Baekhyun glanced down at his wife, who stared elsewhere, avoiding his gaze. “Do you still love me?” she asked.

The corner of his lips rose up and he leaned toward her to press his lips against her forehead, “Possibly more than just loving you,” he muttered. “When I wanted you to be mine, I wanted you to be mine. My love for you will never go away, no matter how much you push me away. I’ll still love you no matter what.” He rested his forehead against hers, “Besides, if I didn’t love you, I wouldn’t have changed into a new person when you came into my life. You were the sunshine I needed in my dark world, and you still are.” Hyemi looked up at her husband and smiled, wrapping her arm around his waist. “Mine,” he said with a serious, yet cute face, making Hyemi giggle.

“Yours,” she said and laced their fingers together, fitting together perfectly.

. . . . . . . .

The children eyed their parents as they gave their children their dinner. “You two are smiley now,” Taesun commented.

Hyemi smiled and glanced at Baekhyun, “Really?” Baekhyun smiled back at her.

“Finally, I can take these off,” Taesun said, letting out a happy exhale. He took off his headphones started to eat his dinner. He glanced at his sister beside him, finding her smiling up at their mother before eating as well.

“Eat and go to sleep, okay? Sorry for yelling last night, kids,” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, yeah. Next time, go outside and argue, please. I could barely work on my homework last night, and I have a big test on Monday,” Taesun said.

Baekhyun’s smile disappeared after hearing his son’s response, “Yah, you little-” He was cut in mid-sentence when Hyemi placed her hand on his. Baekhyun sighed, “Watch what you say, kid.”

“Mommy’s still my favorite,” Taesun said, taking a big bite of his burger.

A frown was settled on the father’s face, “Well then, no ice cream for you,” Baekhyun said. “I wanted them all to myself anyway,” he said and stood up from his seat and started to walk to the kitchen, grabbing the ice cream from the freezer.

“I love daddy! Do I get ice cream?” Minyeon said and ran toward Baekhyun.

A smile lit on Baekhyun’s face as he lifted his daughter into his arms, “Sure, kiddo.” He gave her a popsicle and got one for himself before walking back to the table to see a grumpy Taesun. He sat back in his seat with Minyeon still in his arms and opened the wrapper of his popsicle, “Want one kid?” he asked, handing it to Taesun. When Taesun reached out to grab the popsicle, Baekhyun pulled back and took a bite at the tip.

“Well, I’m never loving you,” Taesun said and stood up to leave.

“Hey, hey, hey,” Baekhyun said in his scolding voice. The girl in his arms covered her ears before Baekhyun could scold the eldest child. Taesun scowled and turned to his father. “There’s another popsicle in the freezer. Finish your dinner and you can have it while doing homework.”

A smile erupted upon Taesun’s face as he sat back in his seat and chowed on his food.

Midnight passed and Hyemi shuffled toward Baekhyun’s study room, finding him with worry lines on his forehead and a pen in hand as he rushed to finish his paperwork. A small smile appeared upon her face as she entered the room and stood behind him. “How’s my cute businessman doing?” she asked, pressing a kiss onto his cheek.

His worry lines quickly disappeared when he turned to her with a grin. “I’m almost done.” He drew a dot on the paper he was writing on and set his pen down, pulling his wife down to sit on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and closed his eyes as he rested his tired head on her shoulder. “I love you,” he whispered. “I love you, I love you, I love you... I believe I haven’t told you that enough lately. And I’m sorry.”

Her smile widened and she the elder’s hair, “I forgive you, Baekhyun. There’s no need for you to apologize...” She pressed her lips against his temple, “All couples always go through this. Even couples like us–the ‘perfect’ couple.”

“I wouldn’t say that we’re a perfect couple,” Baekhyun said, looking up at his wife with a small smile. “We’re just like everyone else. There are no perfect couples in the world.”

“You’re right,” Hyemi said. “Now,” she stood up and patted his shoulder with a tired smile, “Let’s go to bed. It’s been a long day, sweetie.”

“You sleep first. I just need to finish a little bit more of this then I’ll sleep,” Baekhyun said as he turned back to the documents on his desk.

Hyemi giggled as she plopped onto the leather couch that was kept in the corner, “I’ll just wait for you.” Baekhyun raised his gaze back at his wife and a smile lightened up his face.

“Like always?” he asked and got a firm nod in reply. Like always.


I just ing noticed that Taesun is really supposed to be Jaesun. close enough. k.