Day Three: Make up for it

One Week

A/N: WAE o WAE?! Why does it always turn out different from what I plan? TT^TT Neway, I kinda changed some format (it's obvious what I've been reading recently) TT TT Gah.

 

DAY THREE: TUESDAY

*Briiinnngg*

Alarm clock… just.. snooze… Shut up…

I reached my hand towards the noise and slammed my hand on it, forcing it to be quiet. I slowly lifted my head and realized that I fell asleep in front of my laptop again.Jung Jinyoung, you gotta stop this habit..

After saving my work, I glanced at the clock, 8 am. I could say that this is just gonna be an ordinary day today but I have a problem I need to fix, and I have no idea what’s the right thing to do. Don’t get me wrong, I DO have a couple of ideas but.. Yeah…

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number of one of my friends. (“They’re all together anyway..”)

“Ahh.. Hyeong?~”
“Sunwoo-ah~ Wake up! I need your help!”
“Ah.. HAaaaugh~…. wait for a sec… Junghwan… hwannie.. Deullie-ah~..”
“Mrrmm….?”
“ Jinyoung-hyeong needs help.”
I could hear Sandeul’s tired voice from the distance. “Rmm.. W-wae na? =.=’’ ”
There was a few seconds of silence before his voice came again.

“Arasseo don’t look at me like that… Ya, Chansik-ah, I may need your help with hyeong.”
“De.”
“Yoboseo? Hyeong?”
“Oh! Junghwan!”
“So what’s your problem”
“Well I need to make up for something.”
“Mwo? Make out? Hyeong, I’m not like that! >o<”
“No, I said make UP. Ya Junghwan, are you drunk?”
“Aniyo! But I don’t know what you should do so… Chansik! Your turn.”

“Jinyoung-hyeong!”
“Wae do you keep passing around the phone?”
“Hehe, the other hyeongs need to prepare breakfast. You missed everything hyeong! We played games all night and the loser had to come out with only his underwear on. Shin woo-hyeong lost. Keke.”
“Oh? Jinjja? But anyway, I need to make up for something stupid that I did, any suggestions?”
“Well, if it were me, I’d just aegyo it up, but I guess since it’s you…”
“Yah! Are you saying I can’t do aegyo?”
“Hyeong let’s not waste time with petty talk and focus. Why don’t you just sing for her? That’s what hyeong is good at anyway =w=”
“Alright, gomawo Chansik.”

 

That guy, was he saying I couldn’t do aegyo? Well whatever. I need to think of what song to sing. Something romantic? No, Garra doesn’t really like those kind of stuff…

Beep Beep.

“Balloons and piano at the park? Maybe picnic? Throw in a stuffed toy too. Good Luck. -Shinwoo”

“Oh! Gomawo Shinwoo~ I’m looking forward to a pic of you from last night~ 8)”

Nice idea. Good thing I brought my keyboard. Now, money for balloons and snacks?I started counting with my fingers, trying to recall how much money I had left.

Beep Beep.

“Jinyoung-ah. Don’t do anything stupid again. Garra told me about what happened yesterday. She’s pretty upset but I think she’s willing to forgive you if maybe you do something nice for her. My suggestion; something simple like a song or a teddy bear. –Mae. P.S. Teddy bear is a MUST. And her favourite artist right now is 2AM. ”

     “Thanks a lot Mae~”

Ok ok. Now.. What song… I rushed over to my computer and started searching for different 2AM score sheets.

“Hmm. This looks ok. ‘Lost’…”

I started practicing the chords slowly. When I got the hang of it, I started singing the lyrics. To be honest, I kinda saw myself in the lyrics =w=…

Now I only had about an hour before Garra comes home. Thankfully, Mae keeps updating me on where they are and how long before they get here. I packed my keyboard and headed out. To my surprise, I wasn’t nervous at all, I was actually a bit excited.

While I was walking, I passed by a toy shop I didn’t quite recognize. (“Have I been away that long?”) I went in and.. woah.. .The whole store was filled with stuffed toys! Left and right, the shelves were housing different sizes of stuffed animals. The walls were painted with pastel color paints and the decorations were nothing but cute. I stared in awe. “How come I’ve never been here before?”

“Ah! Is that you Juyeon?” Came a girly voice from the other side of the store. There were a few banging noises before a blonde girl stepped out from the door behind the counter. She was dusting off herself and didn’t raise her head for a bit.

“You’re pretty early now. I’m still not ready though and I still can’t close the shop because It’s not time so-“
“Excuse me, I’m not Juyeon.”

She looked up and chuckled nervously.

“Oh. Sorry. Haha. I thought you were my boyfriend. So what can I do for you?”
“Is this shop new? I’ve never seen it here before…”
“Well you could say it’s new. We opened 1 year ago… Well more like 1 year and 6 months ago. Could it be that Garra-sshi sent you here?”

I blinked, “You know Garra?”
“Yeah. She comes here almost everyday, didn’t come yesterday or the day before though.”
“Jinjja?” I blinked again. Is that really the Garra I know? “What does she buy then?”
“Hmm.. Well, Garra-sshii doesn’t buy a lot of stuff toys, but she likes looking at that little tiger there but she never really buys it. Sometimes she comes with Mae and they buy little stuff toys like a rabbit or a bear but she never buys a tiger. I wonder why though.”

“Hahaha Jinyoung! Look! This tiger looks just like you! >w< See the resemblance?!”
“What? I don’t look like that at all!”
“Well you DO look a bit alike…”
“Mae… Not you too…”

Uhh.. I shouldn’t really jump to any conclusions here… Besides! She doesn’t buy a tiger so I don’t think she thinks that way…

“Oh right! You look familiar… Do I know you from somewhere?”

Oh...

“Umm no, I don’t think we’ve met before.”
“Really? I swear I’ve seen you on TV!”
“What? No! Why would I-“
“AH!”

Oh no…

“B1A4! Jung Jinyoung-sshi!”

~~Garra~~

It was really weird. Mae told me that she was meeting someone at the park and we should head there first but we’ve been here for 10 minutes and Mae’s just looking around…

“Jamkkanmanyo, Garra. I just need to make a call.”

I sighed and looked away. (While secretly listening to her conversation with who-knows-who)

“Ya! Where are you we’ve been here for 10 minutes and-“

Mae paused and scoffed a bit.

“What do you mean you’re a bit tied up? Where are you why is it so noisy there?”

I checked my phone, pretending not to listen.

“You DO know this is the only time I WILL be doing this and if you can’t do it now, you’re on your own next time.”

To be honest it was a bit hard to hear what she was saying. Sometimes I had to lean it to her side to hear and then straighten my position again so I won’t be too obvious.

“You have to deal it with it now! Or maybe in 5 minutes? What kind of namja are you? Are you even a man?”

Man?

“Come on they’re just a bunch of girls! Yes I do know that there are probably a lot of them there now, but like I said, you’re a namja aren’t you? Get here fast.”

I heard her hanging up and I quickly straightened my position. I looked at my phone again and noticed that I had a new message.

“Garra, Jinyoung-sshi was asking about you earlier. He mumbled something about the park at 4:30. Dinner will be at 6.”

Mae sat down beside me and sighed, “Should we go?”
“Maybe we should wait for a while?”

Mae raised an eyebrow and looked at the message on my phone.
“Ahh that rascal…”
“Wae? Do you know about this?”
“Aniyo.” She confidently said.
“But you’re really planning to wait for him? It’s 4:50 already.”

I sighed. “Well maybe yes. And you still have to wait for that guy right?”
“Whoa. Are you sick Garra?” She put her hand on my forehead and I quickly pulled it away.
“Wae?! Is it bad to wait for a friend?”
“Aniyo. It’s just… It’s Jinyoung, not just a friend so..”
“Fine 10 minutes then! Then we’ll leave.”

Mae chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder. “I bet you’re excited, right?”

I stuck my tongue at her and she just chuckled again.

To be honest, I kinda was excited, and at the same time nervous. Whenever Jinyoung does his surprises there was always something special about it. Like during one of my birthdays, he sang in front of everyone while we were still at school. So yeah… Is it obvious that I’m excited? x)

But… yeah… Ten minutes seemed like 12 hours… for the last five, I was beginning to think that maybe something bad happened to him…

“It’s already 5 minutes past five Garra.”

I blew my cheeks and sighed. “Kaja.”

We stood up and were about to leave when I heard someone call my name. I looked back and saw         Jinyoung running up to us with flowers in one hand and a tiger toy in the other. He caught his breathe and handed my both.

“Mian… I got caught up with something urgent and I came here as fast as I could…” I smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He smiled back and suddenly hugged me.

“Jeongmal mianhae. For yesterday… I didn’t mean to leave you like that…”

Boy, am I a dreamer or what? Sorry that really didn’t happen. (The Jinyoung arriving part) Instead what happened was…

We were walking back to my house when we noticed a crowd by my favourite toy shop. (yes I do like toys for the bish that I am =w=) We peeked inside the shop (“Is it a sale or something?”) And found none other than yes! You guessed it right! Jung jinyoung posing with his fangirls and signing autographs. I scoffed.

“So Mr. Perfect was here all along” Mae remarked.
“Mr. Perfect my . Can’t even come to something he himself arranged. That little scrawny tiger-face…”
“Oh so that’s why you’ve been looking at that tiger stuff toy.”
“What?! I was not! Anyway, I’m leaving first.”
“Alright. See you tomorrow.”

And so I walked home alone. Fuming. Again.

“That stupid tiger-faced monkey. I don’t even know why I got my hopes up.”

I laid on my bed and looked at my phone. “2 messages received.”

“I’m sorry for earlier. I heard from Mae that you already knew our plan and that your mom told you about me wanting to meet you at the park… I’m sorry I disappointed you again. Jinjja Mianhae. I promise I’m gonna make it up to you tomorrow. This time it’s for real. Jeongmalyo.”

“Give him another chance, ‘kay? If you knew how much this guy worked for what he wanted to do, I’m sure you’d be speechless.”