Day One: SUNday

One Week

Saturday

~Jinyoung~

“So, you know, that’s why I’m so anxious to going home. I mean, what the heck am I supposed to do when I see her? Or when I get home and I accidentally bump into her! I wouldn’t know what to say!”

Chansik(Gongchan) put a hand on my shoulder . “Relax hyeong, you’re B1A4’s leader!”

Sunwoo(Baro) put his on my other shoulder. “Come one, you’re Jung Jinyoung, you’re an idol now!”

junghwan(Sandeul) added, “Plus, if she doesn’t think that’s impressive, you can always give Shinwoo hyung a call and he’d be right there to help you.” Shinwoo nodded, “Even though I’d be preoccupied with my duties I’m sure I could make time for you in my schedule.”

“Besides, if you REALLY need help with a girl, Junghwan should know”  Shinwoo added.

“W-What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“I Agree.”

“100% true to that.”

I also nodded in agreement.

“W-wait? What? Hyung~” Sandeul whined. “Hyung, you’re a great vocalist you could teach Jinyoung-hyung some tips in singing if the idol thing doesn’t work” Gongchan told him. “Anyway, what are you guys even planning to do this week? “ I asked.

Sandeul, Baro, and Gonchan all grinned then started doing random actions “VACATION!!”

DAY ONE: SUNDAY

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Tic Toc Tic Toc

I stared blindly at the ceiling. Then started writing in my diary.

“Well, that about does it.” I sighed, closing the black book and flopping over to my bed. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow with one hand, and a chip from the bowl sitting on the end table with the other.

“Speed Dial 3.” I held the phone against my ear after pressing the buttons and ate the chip. Phew. Boring life. (This is the reason why I can’t write anything on my diary)
 

“MaeMae! I greeted when I heard someone pick up.
“Garra? What do you need now?”
“Entertainment!~”
“Then turn on your TV to a music program or something.”
“Shireo!” I pouted.
“Garra, please, find something to do on your own.”
“You know what I wrote on my diary?”
“No.”
“It’s pretty good actually, I could write a whole novel about it. I wrote ‘I stared blindly at the ceiling’”
“Well, at least you’re doing better than me at something. I still haven’t wrote in my diary.”
“But at least YOU have something to write about!”
“What? You want someone to confess to you again.”

I paused for a moment.

“Mian.”
“Arasseo. I’ll be there in 5 minutes to watch TV with you.”
“Jinjja?”
“De.”
“Gaaah~ Saranghae Mae~”

With that I hang up. It’s already too obvious that my life’s pretty boring and that I depend on my best friend to entertain me… Well, either that or die of boredom with me. But, things haven’t always been this quiet. It’s a bit of a touchy subject for me and I don’t like to talk about it, so I won’t. :p

I sped downstairs and prepared all kinds of snacks in the 5 minutes time that I could. The door bell rang and I quickly let Mae inside. We both flopped on the couch and the TV. “Isn’t Music Bank during Fridays, though?” “This is a replay, I guess.” We both shrugged and mindlessly watched the idols performing on stage.

“Mae, what do you think of idols?”
“They’re regular people with singing and dancing ability?”
“That’s all?”
“What do you want me to say? They’re oh so perfect, they’re talented and good-looking at the same time?”
“Well, no not really that…”
“Why do you want to know my opinion anyway? Are you planning on becoming an idol?”
“No! Not really! I mean, I can’t even sing! Why would I want to be an idol in the first place?”

 

I pouted and continued eating my chips. We both silently watched the next groups perform. It wasn’t until this particular group that we noticed someone…. Familiar…

“Omo! Garra isn’t that Jinyoung?”

I looked closely at the man and I noticed that it WAS him. “Holy…” Woah… This early in the morning and I’m experiencing this kind of shock? Man, I wonder what kind of a day I’m into then. Oops… Shouldn’t have said that… After Music Bank we changed the channel only to be met by the same group of faces again.

“B1A4!!” “Let’s fly! Annyeonghaseyo! B1A4 imnida.” They all said in unison. The guy in the middle-the one that looked like Jinyoung, began to speak “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m B1A4’s leader, Jinyoung. Everyone, we’re hoping for your love and support and-“ I quickly pushed the power button. Mae chuckled and said, “What? Now that you’re best Guy chingu is an idol you regret screwing up you reply during his confession?”

I threw a pillow at her and walked  upstairs to my bedroom. “I’ll need some time alone.”

I flopped down on my bed once again and opened my phone. “Wae?! Wae an idol?! Of all careers out there!” I scolded the man on my phone. “Wae did you have to appear on TV? Wae couldn’t you just come back here as the regular Jinyoung.” I grunted and left my right hand, along with my phone, fall on the bed.  

This is so freaking complicated now! I was planning on, maybe, telling him that I made a mistake with what I said when he came back as the normal Jinyoung that he was. I mean, It would’ve been better if he came back with a girl around his arms! It would’ve been better than this! I whined for a bit before sighing… If I confess now he’ll think it’s just because he’s an idol.

TT.TT Goddammit diary… What do I do? He should’ve at least gave me a hint of where he was going after graduation. Maybe even told Mae, or whatever. TT.TT ;A; Gah!

I let my head fall on my desk. Great. Just Great.

“Garra!” I raised my head as I heard the call.
“Wae Umma?”
“Come here! I need you to get some groceries!”

I rushed downstairs. She handed me a piece of paper and a few thousand won. “Be back before 5.” Taking a quick glance at the clock, I wondered how on earth wouldn’t I be back before 5 when it’s still 10 in the morning.

Of course, being 10 in the morning, I took my merry time. Well, more like depressed time. Every step I made, I’d always remember how I screwed up that day. Every step took back one word that he said, after that, the words of my stupid reply.

Beep Beep.

I looked at my phone and read the message.

“Hey, at least you have something to write in your diary. –Mae.”

 “I liked it better blank.”

I shoved my phone in my pocket and quickened my pace.

By the time I got back, it was about 2 in the afternoon. (I have no idea what took me so long, too.) I was heading back to the house when I noticed a crowd by the Jung family’s house. I saw Mae run up to me with a big smile. “Guess who’s back?” And, as if right on cue, I caught a glimpse of the now light brown haired man in the middle of the crowd, smiling and greeting everyone.

I quickly went in the house and my mom told me to put the groceries in the kitchen. I nodded furiously and stepped into the said place. I gently placed the groceries on the counter and slammed my hands down on the surface. COULD THIS DAY GET ANYWORSE?!

…..

Shouldn’t have said that…

While putting away the groceries, I heard the door open and a greeting. While trying to focus on my task, I listened in to their happily loud conversation.

“Ah! Jinyoung! It’s been a while!”
“De. Annyeonghasumika, Mrs. Baek.”
“Ye. Well, come in! Come in! So what have you been doing the past 2 years?”
“Well, I’ve been training and me and my group has recently debuted ma’am.”
“Really? So you’re a singer now? Aigoo, you’ve grown really well.”
“De. Kamsahamnida.”

I finished my task and walked quickly to the living room, only to be met by the devil himself. My mom disregarded my facial expression and told me to sit down. I sat down beside my mom, then looked at him closely. He simply smiled at me.

“You know just because you’re an idol now doesn’t mean you’ve really improved that much” I stuck my tongue out to him. He just chuckled, “I’m glad something’s never changed.” I looked at him closely one more time, “Are you really Jung Jinyoung?” He chuckled again, “Mian. I’m just a bit tired.” My mom pulled me back down to sit properly and invited Jinyoung to dinner. I, of course, objected quietly, and Jinyoung accepted.

After dinner, we say our goodbyes and I, for the third time today, flop on my bed, ready to rest.

Dear Diary, I wrote in my mind; Even though I told him that his looks hadn’t improved, he’s actually become more handsome. Maybe it’s because he has a different color of hair, or maybe he’s grown a lot less thinner. There’s just some part of me that gets excited to see him. But hopefully, tomorrow would be a lot less…. Exciting..