The Other Side of Him

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyoyeon walked along in silence, striding ahead of Luhan on their way to the hotel. The walk seemed long now when they were that wet and the air felt cold. She thought they were friends now after the handshake. But, the silence was killing her.

She managed to carefully examine Luhan’s facial. He had this pretty face, making it hard to guess his real age. His eyelashes were really thick and long and his skin looked so fair and glossy, it would make any woman felt inferior. He also had easy-going personality. If she were to sum it up, Luhan was the type that could make people jealous, but couldn’t hate. Somehow, he had this aura, an aura that made Hyoyeon felt uncomfortable, a feeling that reminded her of Kris.

‘Ah, why am I comparing him to that idiot!?’ Hyoyeon quickly dismissed the thoughts.

Now, when she thought back, her offer of bringing him to her room seemed reckless. If she brought him there, he was bound to meet Kris. Then, the question would be, ‘who is he and what are your relationship?’ When those questions came, what was she supposed to answer?

Hyoyeon tried to come up with an excuse to avoid him coming with her. Then, she thought of something.

“You said before you were heading somewhere. Where are you going?” She casually asked.

“Han River Hotel.”

Hyoyeon stopped in the middle of the road so suddenly that Luhan almost crashed into her. “Han River Hotel?” Hyoyeon repeated. “But that’s where I’m staying!” Her expression lit up for a moment.

Luhan’s eyes widened. “Cool! Why are you staying at the hotel, by the way?”

Hyoyeon gulped. The idea of being at the hotel for her honeymoon was not something she could tell just anybody, right? “Just because.” She had started walking again, very quickly, staring at the road ahead of her. “And you, why are you going to the hotel?” She shifted the question to avoid explaining further.

Luhan hurried to keep up and pace Hyoyeon. “To see my cousin,” he answered. “On second thought, I don’t think I want to see him now. You see, he’s married and on his honeymoon. I should not bother him now. Maybe I will see him later.” Luhan stared straight right at Hyoyeon. “That’s why, I’m going to follow you and don’t you dare abandon me in this cold clothes in this cold weather.”

Hyoyeon smiled awkwardly. Was her intention that obvious? She was hoping Luhan would go straight to wherever he was planning to go before. Now, she had no choice but to bring him to the room she was staying.

When they arrived at the room, Hyoyeon took a deep breath in front of the door. She glanced at Luhan. He looked like he was thinking of something.

“Is this where you are staying?” He asked.

Hyoyeon only nodded as an answer. ‘Could he already figure out that this is a honeymoon suite?’ She tried to dismiss the thought and rang the doorbell, half-praying Kris was not in the room. Then, she would have a concrete reason to not let him inside the room.

Unfortunately, her prayer was not answered. Kris was inside the room, waiting for her return.

“Oh, my wife is home!” Kris’ eyes shone with light.

He immediately opened the door and with his arms widely opened to welcome Hyoyeon into a hug, he cheerfully said, “Welcome home, darling!”

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

It took him a few moments to realize two figures were standing in front of him. One, of course, was Hyoyeon, with an unreadable expression. And before he could make up the other one, Luhan was already moving first and jumped into his opened arms.

“I’m home, baby!”

Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped. Kris was stunned. And Luhan was grinning broadly.

“Luhan?” Kris called after he managed to find his voice again.

Luhan broke the hug apart, but his arms were still hanging around Kris’ neck.

“Yes, Kris. I’m here. Why you don’t look happy to see me?” Then, he switched look between Kris and Hyoyeon. “Or do you want to hug Hyoyeon?” He gave them a meaningful look.

“That’s not the point. Why are you here?” Kris pulled Luhan’s arms off his neck.

“Auwww, that’s cold, Kris. And here I thought you could not wait to see me. I’m cold. So cold.” Luhan whined.

“Of course it’s cold. You are wet. Why are you even wet?” Just then, he realized Hyoyeon’s clothes. “And wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter