The Beginning of the End

30 Days Marrying You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris has devised a game ‘True or False’ for them to know each other.

“Kim Hyoyeon, you like to collect cute, colourful stationery and stickers. True or false?”

“True.” Then, Hyoyeon thought of something to ask. “Kris Wu, your favourite super hero is Superman. True or false?”

Kris seemed confused. “How do you know that? It’s true by the way.”

Hyoyeon shrugged, and looked away. “The clue is, almost all of your underwear is red.”

Kris’ jaw dropped. “What? You see them?” His dazzling face looked embarrassed.

“Yeah, I saw them. The ones you hung out on the veranda,” she said, trying hard to hide her smile.

“Seriously, you’re not joking?” His voice and eyebrows shot up.

She rolled her eyes skyward. “You’re the one who must be joking. For a split second I thought Superman was living here.”

“Is that an indirect way of saying my underwear looks like Superman’s?”

“It’s not indirect. I’m directly saying that they look like Superman’s.”

“You- Why you…” Kris was speechless. He pursed his lips.

Hyoyeon’s face stretched into an unexpected eye-crinkling grin, for a second she looked like a five years old kid. Kris couldn’t help but smile too. He made a mental note to himself to hide his underwear later.

They were in the kitchen. Kris was preparing their dinner that evening. He said it was as thanks for nursing him back to health.

After a while, there were black bean noodles mixed with raw eggs, crab roe fried egg, enoki mushrooms and sausage fried eggs on the table.

Hyoyeon was already sitting down at the table while Kris set up the table.

She grabbed the chopsticks and had a bite of the noodles.

“Is it okay? Don’t blame me if you get sick,” Kris asked, a bit anxious waiting for Hyoyeon’s comment on his cooking.

“I’m prepared for that. Since you made it.” Hyoyeon flashed a wide grin.

“Then don’t eat it!” he tried to take her bowl but she took it out of his reach.

“I’m just kidding. It’s good. Really.”

Honestly, she was a bit shock with his cooking. She never expected him to be this good. Knowing Luhan’s cooking skill also didn’t help her to put any expectation on Kris either. She thought it would be in their family genes to be unable to cook. She was proved wrong by Kris.

“Really? It is really good?” Kris asked for confirmation.

Hyoyeon nodded. “Yeah. It is very delicious.”

“Of course it would be delicious. They are my best dishes.” He sounded smug suddenly.

Her eyes widened. “So, you can cook? Seriously?”

“What’s with that tone of surprise?” Kris muttered, unsatisfied with her lack of trust.

“Well, I thought you would be the same as Luhan. I was a bit worried for a moment there.”

“Don’t even joke about that. Of course I’m way better than him,” he complained, stabbing his fork viciously into the sausage fried eggs on his plate.

Hyoyeon winced at his gesture. It might be better not to surround the topic around Luhan, but she knew avoiding it might be more problematic.

“You are jealous of Luhan. True or false?” She asked, cautious.

“True,” he growled fiercely through his teeth. “And Luhan confessed that he loves you. True or false?”

She lowered her head. “True,” her answer came out as a whisper. “You want me not to get too close to him. True or false?”

Hyoyeon immediately regretted asking that question the minute she asked it. It was a stupid question, of course. Didn’t Kris already warned her not to get close to Luhan before? Yet, she ignored his warning.

Kris shocked her by laughing. She stared at him, bewildered.

“Half-true. Well, at least I used to wish for that. But, not anymore,” Kris said. He shrugged. “You should try this mushroom. I assure you it is tasty.”

Hyoyeon didn’t move. Her mind was still processing Kris’ answer.

“Wait. Don’t change the subject. What do you mean by that?” Curiosity clouded her voice.

He smiled. “It’s true I’m jealous of him. Because he is always vocal about his feeling. The way he always expresses his feeling clearly, I admire that. At the same time, I am jealous about it. So, I want to make you fall in love with me using my own ability too. To choose him or me, it would be up to you. All I have to do is work hard to capture your heart.”

Kris sounded sincere with his words. Her eyes traced over his perfect face: the smooth marble span of his forehead, partially obscured by a fringe of his brown hair, the sharp angle of his cheekbones, the straight line of his nose, the hard square of his jaw…

She saved his smile for last. The softer curve of his full lips were twisted up into a smile. It was a warm smile, the kind that could make girls went crazy over it. As for her, the smile brought with it the strangest sense of relief – as if she had been in pain and that pain had suddenly ceased. For the first time, she realized how much she crazed for that smile.

Suddenly, she felt that she didn’t want to lose that smile. Ever.

“So, you don’t have to worry about it.”

His voice broke her wild train of thoughts. She was lost for a bit but immediately realized that Kris was referring to her getting closer with Luhan.

She nodded. “Okay.”

“You should eat these before they get cold,” Kris said, clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter