Baekhyun

Miracles in December

one Baekhyun a-watchin’


You play around with your daughter, watching her gurgle happily over her new toys. You look around for your husband and spy him sitting on the couch, just watching you.

 

“Baekhyun, come play with us,” you call him over.

 

He smiles but shakes his head. “I just wanna watch you two a little longer.”

 

You tilt your head, a little confused. “Okay. If you want.”

 

You continue playing with your daughter, blowing bubbles and tickling and laughing. When you look up at Baekhyun again, he’s still there in the same position, watching you, but there’s something distant in his eyes.

 

You get up and sit next to him, taking his hand. “What are you thinking about?”

 

He looks at you with a gentle smile and squeezes your hand. “Just thinking how great my life is and wondering how I got so lucky.” He turns back to your baby with an expression so full of love, you can’t help but lean over and kiss him on the cheek.

 

“You must have been a saint in your past life,” you tease and snuggle into him, laying your head on his shoulder. He wraps his arm around you and pulls you in closer.

 

Your baby notices and wants in on the action. She crawls over and says, “Pa! Pa!”

 

Baekhyun leans down and lifts her into his lap, letting her snuggle in between the two of you.

 

“Merry Christmas, my beautiful girls.”


© Copyright 2013 by skyblaze208