Acceptance and Truth

Random Drabbles

Slam!!

"Why the hell did you did that?!" He shouted the moment he slammed the door to our club room as I grimaced at his loud voice. I stomped down hard on the fear that was threatening to bubble up from the deepest part of my soul. I gave him a deadpanned facade, shrugging as if I don't care at all. "No particular reason" Lies

"Bull! That was clearly on purpose!" I glared at him, standing up tall and fearless from the piano chair whereas I was trembling, and on the verge to apologize inside. "And what prove do you have to say that I'm bullting?" I asked in a venom dripping voice. He snarled at me.

"I don't need them to know you did it on purpose! How long do you think we've been friends to not know about you?!" No. You don't know anything about me.

I shrugged once more. "Suit yourself then. If you think I did that on purpose, then fine. I don-" I was suddenly pulled up by the collar of my shirt and met with those furious pair of brown eyes that was glaring at me. He snarled at me, anger clearly couldn't be contained in him anymore as he suddenly let me go, pushing me to the ground. Before I fell onto the ground, I was punched in the face but the pain was nothing compare to the one inside.

He said nothing at all before stomping out of the room, slamming the poor door once again. I sat there, on the ground, nursing my sore cheek. It wasn't anything at all, I told myself. It's nothing. I don't care if he's going to hate me or anything, I don't--

The pain soar to the highest level like it has never, suffocating me. I breathed in and out, trying to calm myself, trying to ease the pain but failed ultimately. I gritted my teeth, bringing both my knees to my chest and curled into a ball, burying my face. 

What have I done- I- I just have to ruin it, don't I? Why can't I just, not-..... I.........

(He stayed there, for how long he doesn't know but the sun had already set when he uncurled himself. His eyes and nose were red from sniffling as he tried hard not to cry. The pain and sorrow had already turned numb, but it would still attack him. He pushed himself up, stumbling along the process and almost fell down again if not for the piano beside him. His legs were numb and the sleeves of his jacket were damp.

He picked up his bag that were left by the side, forgotten as he walked out of the room, not before checking if his eyes were still red. He didn't want anyone to notice anything afterall. He locked the door and walked down the hallway slowly, eyes unfocused and dazed, emotionless.

The moment he stepped out onto the road, walking home, he shivered at the cold breeze that blew passed him. He wondered if it was actually himself and not the wind, but didn't ponder much. The moment he reached his house, he noticed that his parents were already home. He took a deep breath, collected himself first before walking in.)

"I'm home" I said as I took of my shoes, placing them neatly. I walked to the dining room, where my parents had just finished their dinner. "Welcome home! Did you guys practiced til this late?" My mother asked, smiling. My father too as he looked at me while waiting for my answer. I smiled, a fake one, and nodded. "Yeah, my hands were all soreeee" I whined. My mother giggled at that, and handed me my dinner. 

"I'll eat in my room~!" I took my dinner, thanking her and walked up to my room. The moment the door to my room were locked, my smile dropped. A brief sigh of relief run through me when my parents didn't notice anything. I placed my dinner onto the table, pulled my tie off and dropped my bag onto the floor before promptly fell onto my bed. I felt so, so tired I just felt like sleeping. 

(And he did. The moment he had lied on his bed and closed his eyes, trying to ease the headache that had been bothering him the whole day, he had succumbed into slumber. His dreams, was no dream at all. It wasn't a nightmare too. It was just him, in the middle of an empty space, a void, wondering where he was. That was his dream. There were no doors, or anywhere to escape. It's like he was trapped in the middle of space.

And when he woke up, he felt even more tired than usual. He looked at the clock and noticed that it was in the middle of the night. His dinner, now cold, were still there untouched. He felt something akin to gastric coming up so when mechanically went to eat. His headache, on the other hand, hadn't disappear. No. In fact, it had came back two time even more painful as if he was having a migraine.

He ate, but it was tasteless. When he finished, he left the plate there to be taken down when dawn breaks, and went to the toilet to at least change. There, he looked at himself through the mirror. He look horrible. Down right horrible that he almost scared himself, but he had no energy. Once he was done, he went back to bed, but couldn't fall back to sleep.

The headache was getting onto him so much that he couldn't exactly sleep. He groaned, and buried himself under his duvet and pillows. He didn't care if it was heavy as it gave him the slightest comfort at the weight. Yet, it was short lived. He peered at the clock again and decided to have a walk around. Perhaps see the sun rise at the shrine too.

He pushed everything off him, fixed it, went to change and washed up for a little. He went downstairs, taking the plate along and placed it on the sink. He then wrote a memo and stuck it to the fridge.)

I wore my shoes, quietly closed the door behind me and breathed in the cold morning air. It was still dark, but I could see with the help from the street light. It was cold though, so I zipped up my jacket and pulled the hood over my head. The headache had lessen a little, fortunately. 

I sighed and started walking mindlessly, hands stuffed in my pockets. For some reason, my mind was blank as I stared up the dark sky. It was like, everything had disappeared from my mind without a trace. Even after what happened today. I walked along the road without any aim, and I had unconsciously came to his house.

My hands curled into fists as I stared up the window to his room. His black curtains were drawn. 'Perhaps he was having a good sleep..' I forced myself to tear away from his house and forced myself to move. Soon, I made way to the Shrine up the hill. Dawn was about to break after all. 

(But as he was about to turn a junction, a hand grasped his arms and pulled him back. He turned around and saw him, the last person he had wanted to see at the moment. Kou. Kou was panting, and sweating. He probably was jogging. He always does.)

My eyes widen in shock and dread ran through my veins. I forcefully ripped out of his grip and ran. "Yuuya! Wait!" I heard him running too, chasing me. I gritted my teeth and forced my legs to run faster, trying to shake him away from my path.

(Yet, he knew that he wouldn't succeed. Kou was more of an athlete than him. He was one of their school's representatives in running after all, when he, was a mere slowpoke compared to Kou. Still, Yuuya ran with all his might, wanting nothing more than hide from Kou. Even when his heart tugged painfully, even when the urge to simply just jump back to Kou throbbed loudly, he didn't stop.

He ran around the neighbourhood, heads down. One word played in his mind like a mantra over and over again. 'No. No. No. NO. NO!' He wasn't looking at where he was going, but he knew. He was running to the Shrine. Their hideout. The only place that he could relax fully. His leg skipped the steps as he ran up, vaguely aware that it was a stupid idea when Kou was chasing him and that he wouldn't be able to escape, yet he still climbed up the stairs. His legs protested, but he pushed on. 

"Yuuya!"

'NO!!'

He screamed in his mind, stepping on the last step, stumbling a little. He managed to stay on his feet as he kicked off again, running into the wooden house, only to be tackled down. He struggled violently, trying to push Kou off him, yelling at him to get off. But Kou didn't. He was held down in a vice grip. He tried hitting him in the chest, but it did little to no effect. Instead, he was pulled closer, and tighter. So tight that he almost couldn't breathe. Almost.

He continued to trash, plead, and beg. He begged for him to let go. He plead for him to just leave him forever. Just forget about him. Words tumbled out of his trembling mouth as tears cascaded down his cheeks. His hands covered his eyes as he sobbed, voice getting softer and softer until it was nothing but incorrigible mumbles.

The whole time, Kou did not once loosen his grip. No. He held on as he himself felt the pain from Yuuya. One of his hands tangled in the copper hair while the other held onto Yuuya's waist. He watched as Yuuya reduced to a sobbing mess under him, his eyebrows furrowed into a scowl as concern and sorrow swirled in him. Although he had no idea why Yuuya did all that, but Yuuya was still his best friend, his precious childhood friend. No matter how, he could never hate Yuuya. He could never stay angry at Yuuya. Which was why he went out running in the middle of the night. All he could think was why, and all. If only he stayed calm, perhaps he might hear the truth. If only he listened, be more observing, Yuuya wouldn't be hurting this much.

If only...

Kou felt a twinge in him. It pained him, watching Yuuya suffer. It pained him, for causing Yuuya this torture. But he needed to know the reason. He needed to put out the fire that kept burning in him. He needed to.

"Why..."

Yuuya flinched at that. His body tensed. At the back of his mind, he found himself slightly baffled that he immediately relaxed in Kou's arm that easily, but he knew that it was a given. He could do nothing to stop his heart and body relax and relief just at Kou's touch. He knew that. Yet he wanted to deny it. He wanted to deny it so much that it hurts. He tried to create a distance, he tried spending lesser time with Kou, he tried being cold to him, he tried everything. But in the end, he failed miserable. 

"Why.... Please tell me, Yuuya"

His lips twisted into a mournful smile, a smile full with agony and despair. A short sorrowful chuckle scoffed out of those lips. His voice cracked as he spoke.

"Why? Because I'm desperate" His eyes were still covered, shading him from the confused, brown eyes. He couldn't stop the tears from flowing like a burst pipe. He couldn't stop his heart from aching. He couldn't do anything about it. 

"Because I love you"

Kou's eyes widen at that.

"But you only see me as a childhood friend. A brother"

Kou gritted his teeth, feeling fury flaring. He gripped Yuuya even tighter than before.

"Which is why I wanted you to hate me. To leave me. So that I can forget about this feeling"

"NO!"

Yuuya jerked in shock, mouth slammed shut at the shout.

"No! You're wrong! You're all wrong!"

Kou uncoiled his hold and gripped the small and surprisingly fragile wrists, prying them off Yuuya's bright maroon eyes despite the protests. He locked his hands beside his head, looking directly into the teary eyes. 

"It's true that I view you as a precious childhood friend and a brother. It's true that I like you that way" Yuuya somehow sagged at that, his eyes dulled in resignation as he looked away. "But!"

"There's more. I love you. Not as a brother. Definitely not as a friend. I love you more than that. I love you as someone I wanted to live together forever" Yuuya snapped up, looking at Kou in surprise and shock. Light has returned into those captivating eyes as hope swelled.

"I love you, Yuuya")

My heart leaped at that. My eyes were wide as I stared into Kou's eyes. I couldn't believe it. I can't believe that he returned my feelings. Even if it was bad and all, he still did. I..

(Yuuya started tearing up again, but a smile was present. He was briefly blushing. A laugh of disbelief erupted along with a happy sob. Kou soften at that sight. His previous insecurity disappeared. He leaned down til their faces were inches apart. He whispered, asking for permission. Yuuya flushed harder, but nodded.

Kou smiled, and their lips touched)

--Ten Years Later--

(Yuuya was staring up into the dark sky, watching as the sun slowly rose. A hand supported his head, elbows perched on the window, breathing in the cold, misty air. His copper hair were disheveled as a thoughtful look cast on his face. He was so lost in his own world that he didn't notice a man few inches taller than him sneaked up to him until arms were coiled around his torso.

"Morning" He smiled at the accented voice he love and leaned back into the lean frame of Kou's. He hummed back as a greeting as Kou buried his face in his shoulder, snuggling and breathing in his scent. He smiled at that, hands on top of Kou's.

"What's wrong?" He shook his head, sighing. "No. Nothing"

Kou peered up and looked at Yuuya. He frowned. 

"It's not nothing, isn't it" It was a statement, rather than a question.

Yuuya chuckled weakly. "...."

"Mother wants to see us" Kou tensed up. "You mean..."

"Yeah. I don't know why"

Kou rubbed his arms as he held him tighter, rocking slightly. "Perhaps they're beginning to accept us" Yuuya made a noise of both agreement and doubt, with the latter dominating.

"Let's go meet them then" Yuuya froze, slowly turning to look at Kou with surprised eyes. Kou turned him around and hold him by the waist, repeating his sentence. "Let's go see them. But no matter what they say, I'll never leave you" Yuuya both frowned and smiled. He wrapped his arms around Kou, burying his face into his chest, feeling absolutely happy despite the dread.

"Hm"

On their left hand's ring finger, a matching black ring glinted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their ring- Forever Love 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N= I've absolutely no idea what was I doing.

Oh yeah, both of them are my OCs. 

They were in Japan at first, but in Cambridge after ten years.

I'll leave all the unfinished and/ or unsaid things to your imagination.

[I apologize for any grammar, spelling, etc.etc. mistakes]