Date?

I'll protect you

EunJi
Niel
ChangJo
Ricky
C.A.P.
ChunJi
L.Joe
Jonghwan , Yoomi


(ChangJo pov)

Niel hyung asked for my help to fetch EunJi from home and send her back home starting tomorrow. I agreed to him because I’ll always help my friend moreover it Niel’s sister. I also don’t want Jonghwan might harm her like what he did to other students before. But one thing trouble me. What should I say to Yoomi? I always offer a ride for her to school everyday. But now I need to help someone. Did I make the right thing? I hope that she won’t be mad. I decide to call her.

“Yoomi-ah~”

“ChangJo-ah~ I miss you..”

“Me too. What are you doing?”

“I’m working on my assignment. What are you doing ChangJo-ah?”

“Laying on my bed and thinking about you.” I know that she’s blushing right now as she didn’t respond. “Yoomi-ah~”

“Ne?”

“Mianhae.. I think I can’t fetch you again.”

“Wae? Something happen? Are you sick?”

“No no.. Em.. It.. Accident.”

“Accident? You? Are you fine? Where are you?”

“Nothing happened to me. It.. My… My friend used it just now and got into accident.”

“Really? Then? Is your friend alright? Who? From Teen Top?”

“No no.. My new friend. I haven’t introduce to you.”

“Introduce me to your friend one day. Alright?”

“Ne… Emm… Are you mad?”

“Wae?”

“Because I don’t fetch you after this.”

“It’s alright. I have my own car and now I get to use it to go to school. Thanks to you.”

“Mianhae..”

“It’s alright. ChangJo-ah~ I need to do my assignment. Bye.”

“Bye.. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I hang up and put my phone on the desk. I went to sleep immediately.

 

~~

It had been a few weeks since the incident happened. EunJi get close with me and the other Teen Top members. She just spend her time with us on the break time while the other with her 2 friends. We can’t force her as she also need her friends.

It’s break time and all of us gather at the canteen. I saw EunJi walking toward the canteen with her friends. I waved my hand toward her and motioned her to join us. Her friends left her and she sat next to Niel hyung and it was infront of me. I felt comfortable being around her as we get more closer. As all of us having a talk, someone slammed our table making all of us jumped a bit. The other students look at our direction.

“What do you want Jonghwan?” I got up and him.

“I don’t want to talk to you. I want to talk to this girl.” He pointed at EunJi and look at her.

“Wh-w-what do y-you want?” she stuttered and avoid Jonghwan’s gaze.

“What do you want from her?” Niel hyung stood up and stand infront of Jonghwan.

“EunJi…. Are you really ChangJo’s boyfriend?” he shoved Niel hyung away and now grabbing EunJi by her wrist.

“YA! How dare you touch her!” I remove his hand from EunJi.

“I just want to make sure.”

“Make sure what?” L.Joe asked him.

“I never saw the two of them have a date. Being lovey dovey or something that seem like a couple do.”

“What do you mean?” it’s now Ricky who meddle in.

“We have date. This weekend. Do you want to join us?” I mocked at him. He stay silent.

“Don’t you disturb her again!” Niel hyung punched Jonghwan on his face making him fall on the ground. He went away but not before he gave us an evil smirk. We sat back at our seat.

“EunJi.. Are you alright?” Niel hyung grab her wrist that was being grabbed by Jonghwan just now. It left a red mark.

“Oppa.. It’s hurt.” She pull her hand back from Niel hyung. I focus looking at her fearful look and didn’t notice that C.A.P. hyung called me until Ricky smacked the back of my head.

“WHAT?”

“C.A.P. hyung call you a few times.” Ricky said. I look at C.A.P. and wait for him to start the conversation.

“So, you two have a date this weekend?”

“Huh?”

“YA! You just said just now.” ChunJi said.

“N-ne..” I look at her but she seem didn’t realise what we talked about as she land her head on the table.

“Where?” Ricky asked.

“I don’t know yet.”

“YA! Stop asking.. It’s their date!” I’m thankful for Niel hyung as he stop them from keep asking. I look at EunJi who was still in feared. I held out my hand and grab her hand that was on the table. She was surprised while looking at me.

“EunJi-ah~ We’ll go on a date this weekend.. Can we go?” I lower down my voice but can be hear by her while looking at her eyes. Her eyes are beautiful and making me observing her face. She was really beautiful with her pretty eyes, nose and lips. I remembered when she smile, I just realise she has eye smile make it look cute. But it’s weird for me to praise her like that. I already have Yoomi. Should I tell her that I already girlfriend? Maybe now is not the right time.

“N-ne..” she answered a bit hesitated.

~~

 

(EunJi pov)

Day by day has passed making me a bit nervous as tomorrow I will have a date with ChangJo. Why he suddenly wanted a date. It make me felt guilty as maybe I burdened him too much by pretending to be my boyfriend. I stop thinking about it and went downstair then found Niel oppa was cooking. Cooking? I get shocked since he rarely wanted to cook and he woke up early than me.

“Oppa? What happen? You wake early and now cook?” I went downstair and went beside Niel oppa.

“I just wanted to cook for you. Sit down. It’s already done.” He scooped the fried rice on the plate and put it on the table. I went to take 2 glass and make hot chocolate for us. We start eating the fried rice.

“Oppa~ Jjang!! Really delicious!”

“Really? I’ll cook for you always.”

“Ne~~”

After we done eating, I went to take a bath and after that Niel oppa. We both went to the living room as always to watch drama or maybe variety shows.

“Oppa~ I have date tomorrow..” I stop looking at the TV and instead turn to Niel oppa.

“Ooo~”

“Oppa!!” I hit him lightly on his arm.

“Wae? What can I help then?”

“I’m nervous.”

“YA! It’s just fake!” his word saddened me. I know it’s fake but it’s not what I feel. I sulked beside Niel oppa. He saw it and poke my cheek. I move his hand away.

“Mianhae~ I don’t mean to say it.” I neglected his beg and played with my phone.

“EunJi-ah~ I don’t want you get too excited about it. I know that you really like him but he just help you. Please don’t really hope for him.”

“WAE?? I LIKE HIM!! I KNOW I’M NOT RIGHT FOR HIM!! I KNOW I’M NOT THAT PRETTY FOR HIM AND WE’RE NOT SUITABLE TOGETHER! BUT OPPA…… I’m not hoping for him to be with me.” This making me burst in tears. Niel oppa hugged me to comfort me.

“You’re beautiful! The almost beautiful person I ever know.” I chuckled at him and hit his chest lightly. He make me laugh and stop crying.

“I’ll promise I won’t really hope for him.”

~~

 

(ChangJo pov)

Am I doing the right thing? Is it alright to ask EunJi for a date? Whatever. It just to prove to Jonghwan that we have a date. Maybe we should hold hand or something that won’t make them suspicious. But.. Why should I care? I just help her and it doesn’t mean I have to done that. I am really confused right now. What if Yoomi know it one day? Will she get mad? I hope not as she’s kind and she’ll understand it. Suddenly my phone rang. I pick it up knowing the caller.

“ChangJo~”

“Yoomi~ What are you doing?”

“I’m at my friend’s house. I miss you.. We haven’t seen for a few weeks.” I can hear that she pretend to cry making me chuckled. But it make me realise that we really haven’t seen each other for a few weeks since I fetch EunJi from her house and send her back. Why didn’t I realise it?

“N-ne..”

“Do you have time tomorrow? I asked my friend to relax for a day from doing the assignment. Let have a date tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?” I can’t decide as I have to go out with EunJi tomorrow. But Yoomi finally have time for our date. What should I do?

“ChangJo mianhae.. I’m going out with my friend. Bye. I meet you tomorrow. Text me what time you’ll pick me.” Before I get to answer she already hang up. I messed my hair as I get confused right now. What should I do? EunJi? Yoomi? I decide to call Ricky asking for his opinion.

“Ricky! Help me!”

“Wae?”

“Yoomi call me just now and asked me to go out with her tomorrow.”

“Then? Just go.”

“YA! Don’t you remember? I have a date with EunJi.”

“Oh right! I forgot.. So who you choose to go with?”

“YA! That’s why I call you. Who should I go with?”

“I don’t know. It’s your problem. If you go with Yoomi, then Niel hyung probably will get mad. Or EunJi maybe get problem at school. Because I think someone might spy you.”

“But if I choose EunJi?”

“Maybe Yoomi will get upset. And you have to wait again for another date with her as you said that she really have assignment. And I afraid that someday the news about you with EunJi will spread to another school.”

“What should I do? I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

“Just decide yourself. I need to sleep.” He hang up the phone. I laid on my bed and thought who should I go with. After I decide I took my phone and send the text.

‘I’ll pick you tomorrow at 11 a.m.’ I sent it to one person.

‘I’m sorry. I can’t go tomorrow. Really sorry. I’ve something to do.’ Then I send to another person. I hope I made the right choice. With that I fall asleep.