Omma? Appa? Oppa?

I'll protect you

“Niel oppa.. I’m sorry. I think I’ll be back late today.” I call Niel oppa after school hour end. I headed toward Jonghwan’s car.

“Wae? Where are you going again?”

“I-I’m meeting my friend again today. Mianhae~”

“Who? I’ll take you there.

“My friend will pick me. Don’t worry.”

“Make sure you come back!!”

“Ne~~” with that I hang up and found Jonghwan leaning on his car. Fortunately the students already out of school. He drove me to his house. It was silent between us but not an awkward just don’t have any topic to talk about. About half an hour, we arrive at his house and his mother already waiting in front of the house. I don’t know why but I felt comfortable with her and kinda miss her. As soon I went out of the car, I hug her. She pull out from the hug and brought me inside the house.

“Omma~~ You look so happy.” Jonghwan said to her mother while all of us gather at the dining table. Foods already prepared on the table. My eyes widened with the amount of food place on the table.

“She’s like my daughter.” His mother replied back. “EunJi-ah~ From now on, call me omma.” I look back from the food to her mother happy face.

“Huh? Omma?”

“Ne.. Call me omma. I really want a daughter.”

“Ne. Om-Omma.”

“If you call her omma, then you should call me appa.” His father joined in.

Ne~~ Appa.” I felt happy. It was really long time that I never said ‘appa’. Now I get to call someone ‘appa’ again.

“Can we eat omma?” Jonghwan stop us.

“Wait! Jonghwan should be your brother then. You should call him oppa?” I was shocked by his mother statement. I take a look at Jonghwan.

“No no! I don’t want! Let’s eat now.” Jonghwan argue.

“Not until EunJi call you oppa.”his mother really insisted me to address him that. I gave up and turn to him.

“Jonghwan op-oppa.” His mother and father chuckled at us and let all of us to eat. Jonghwan didn’t respond at all. I don’t want to remember about it again. I only call ‘Niel oppa’ not ‘Jonghwan oppa’.  After our lunch, his mother told him to bring me to the front yard that were full of flowers. The place was really pretty. I can’t take my eyes from the beautiful flowers.

“Just sit down. There’s no use to see it.” Jonghwan was sitting at the bench while playing with his phone. I take a seat beside him and take a peek at his phone. “Who said you can look at my phone?” he hide it away from me.

“You must be texting Jina. Why don’t you just bring her instead of me. I need to go home.”

“It’s none of your business.”

“But.. I really really curious about one thing.” He hummed me as a response.”Why are you acting bad at school?”

“IT’S-“

“Tell me~~~ I know you’re kind. Just why you change?” he stop playing his phone and look at me seriously. I hope he will tell me.

“Actually….. IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!” I was startled by his shout and felt a bit disappointed as I pout. I turn away from him looking opposite to show that I was disappointed.

“What happen? Are Jonghwan did something bad to you?” his mother arrived while brought a tray of cookies and tea.

“Omma~ Oppa yell at me.” I act as I was sad and complained it to his mother.

“YA!!” he glare at me.

“How dare you shout at her.. Don’t cry. I’ll punish him later.” I nodded with a sad expression. When his father call mother, she went inside leaving both of us again.

“YOU!! Such an actor.”

“It’s your punishment.”

“Just wait at school! I’ll make you suffer!”

“Really? Then I’ll told Jina that you bring me here.”

“YA!!” I ignored him and went to take a sip of tea on the table. It was happy day for me as it felt like I was spending a day with my full family. But Niel oppa is not here.