Trip + Friend (ChangJo&Yoomi;)

I'll protect you

(EunJi pov)

Jonghwan called me again today to ask about my decision.

“I’ll go. But where?”

“That’s good. Jeju-do.”

“Really?? Wow! I can’t wait!”

“Pack your thing early. Omma said that we’ll go next week. We just stay there maybe for 4 or 5 days.”

“Ok~~ Oh! Jonghwan-ah~ Can I bring one more person?”

“Who?”

“My bro-… No.. My boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? Who? ChangJo?”

“No no.. You’ll see him later.”

“Alright. I’ll tell omma.”

“Bye.” I hang up and ran out from my room to Niel oppa room. I slowly open his door and found that he still sleeping. I look at the phone time and it show 8.43a.m.. What will Jonghwan thought about  me because I introduce Niel oppa as my boyfriend instead of brother. I hope his parents didn’t get mad at me. I closed back the door and went to the kitchen to prepare for breakfast. I always prepared fried rice or spaghetti for our breakfast. Or maybe just toast if we’re out of ingredients. I start to make spaghetti and for drink I make orange juice.

As I put all the food and drink on the table, Niel oppa just went out of his room with his eyes half open.

“EunJi-ah~ Morning~~” he lazily went and took a seat at the dining table.

“Oppa morning~~” I took a seat on his right.

“Yummy~~ I haven’t eat spaghetti for a long time. Let’s eat.” It’s true I haven’t made spaghetti for a long time. We eat in silent until we finished all the spaghetti. I took all the plates and glass to the sink while Niel oppa went upstair to take a bath. After he finished, it’s my turn to take bath. When I went back to my room, I check my phone and there’s a text message.

‘EunJi.. It’s me Yoomi. I hope you’ll remember me. I need to see you now. Can we meet?’ Yoomi? Why would she want to meet me? Did she and ChangJo have problem again?

‘Ne. Where should we meet?’ I agreed to meet as I curious what she have to say to me.

‘’H’ café.’ I prepared myself before going out. I asked Niel oppa to send me there.

 

(‘H’ café)

I enter the café and take a look around to found the person I should meet here. Then one girl waved her hand at me as she motion me to go toward her. I sat in front of her.

“I’m sorry if I disturb you.”

“It’s alright.”

“Thank you for that day. You tell me the truth.”

“I just want you and ChangJo get back.”

“Thank you. Now we’re back together again.”

“Really? Congratulation.” I smile at her even though I felt my heart wanted to stop at that time. But they deserve to be together.

“And. I hear about the rumour. I know you wouldn’t do that. You’re kind person.”

“How can you believe I’m kind person?”

“I know. If not you wouldn’t tell me the truth immediately.”

“But-“

“I won’t believe you’ll threaten him.” I lowered down my head as I don’t know what to say anymore. “I hope you can talk again with ChangJo. He told me everything and he really regret about it. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t come that day.”

“Yoomi-ah~ It’s not your fault……. Actually, that day, I also decide to end the matter with ChangJo so he won’t face problem with his girlfriend. But before I get to do that, you already know about us and broke up with him. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have accept his help.”

“It’s not your fault. By the way, I really hope we get to be friend. Can we?” I look at her as she held out her right hand and we shake hand. She’s really kind but does she know that I like ChangJo? How can I be comfortable to be her friend as I know she’s ChangJo’s girlfriend. But I hope it will not effect me. I’ll accept her sincerely as a friend.

“EunJi-ah~ What are you doing this holiday?”

“I’m going for a trip.”

“Really? That’s good. Where?”

“Jeju-do.”

“With family?”

“Just with my brother. I haven’t seen my mother for a long time.” I’m a bit sad about it but I act cool. “And you? Where are you going?”

“I don’t have plan yet. I always stay with my family at home. They’re so busy with their work.”

“Don’t you have plan with ChangJo?”

“No. He didn’t said anything. He’s not in a good mood nowadays.” Is it because of me? I startled when my phone rang. Yoomi chuckled at my action just now. I answered the call.

“Yoomi-ah~ Are you done? Let’s go somewhere.”

“Alright. Wait for me oppa.” I hang up and put back my phone in my bag.

“Yoomi-ah~ Mianhae. I need to go now. Let’s meet other time.”

“Alright.”

“And.. Nice to be your friend.” I stood up and exit the place. Niel oppa already wait for me. I enter his car immediately. We leave the place to another.

“Where do you want to go oppa?”

“Shopping~~”

“Wae?”

“Don’t you want to buy new clothes? We’re gonna go for a trip right?”

“Ne~ But do we have to buy new clothes?”

“Of course!!” we chuckled together until he broke it. “But.. Who are you meeting with just now?”

“Yoomi.”

“Yoomi? Wait!! CHANGJO’S GIRLFRIEND?  Wae?”

“Ne..She just want to thanks me for telling her that day. And she’s kind oppa.. We become friend.”

“Really? Don’t you feel anything? Hate? Jealous?”

“Maybe.. But I don’t want to reject her. I also want to be her friend. She’s nice.”

“Alright. Depend to you.”

“But oppa.. I felt guilty toward ChangJo. Yoomi said he’s not in a good mood.”

“YA! Don’t think about him anymore!”

“I know but-“

“He made you cry! I don’t want you to meet him again!” Niel oppa look mad now.

“Ne~” I can’t protested him when he’s mad right now.

That day, we went to the shopping mall. I didn’t know what to pick because it’s not my idea to go shopping. Niel oppa choose the clothes for me and for himself. He bought plenty of shirt and pants. We have enough money for us. Maybe we haven’t see our mother for a long time but it doesn’t mean she forgot us. She always sent us money and sometime will call us but it’s like once or twice a month.

When I went back, I went to my bedroom straight away. It was tiring for me. Usually when going to the mall, the one who should grabbing the other person along should be me but it was Niel oppa. He grab me to each store and he seem that he like shopping more than me. I played with my phone scroll down each folder but then I stop when I saw a few pictures of me and ChangJo. It was the day we went for our first date. The fake date. I suddenly miss him. I miss to talk to him, his smile, the way he protect me but it was just a fake. But I shouldn’t avoid him. He’s the one that help me. I decide to call him. It has been a few weeks or maybe a month. I don’t know how long it is that we haven’t text again. Surprising me, he answered it so quick.

“Oh! ChangJo..”

“EunJi-ah~” he sound like half happy or sorry?

“It’s…. It’s been a long time.”

“Ne..”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t treat you like that.”

“I’m sorry too.. I blame you that day. It’s not your fault! Really!!”

“Ne ne.. Sorry.. Now we should be friend.”

“Friend? Alright. As long as you forgive me.” I chuckled at his response. “Do you have plan for holiday?”

“I’m going for a trip with Niel oppa.”

“Ooo~ Alright. When?”

“Next week.”

“Then.. Have a nice trip.”

“Ne~~ Mianhae ChangJo-ah~ I have to cook for Niel oppa now.”

“Oh~ I miss your food.”

“I’ll invite you next time. Not now. Niel oppa still mad at you.”

“I know. Alright.. Bye.”

“Bye.” With that I went down stair and straight to the kitchen to cook for dinner for us.