Do It Chu!

Black Out: It's My Clean Slate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Do It Chu!
         
       


 

Crushes, dating, rules, and first smooches.

Did Amber just find herself crashing into something completely unexpected? Feelings of guilt, sweet regret and confusion begin to colonize Amber's mind after what just happens with Krystal, while she still has those feelings in the back of her mind of her dear Soyeon, who she's still so afraid to let go of. 

 


That pounding feeling you get in your head from getting abruptly woken up -- damn, man.  I need to change that alarm sound.  It's literally the most annoying buzzard ever.  My first night here, and I'm already missing Jackie's annoying waking me up in the morning.  I try to open my eyes, but they're so heavy.  I rub them and turn onto my side to face the room, and I see Luna dressed up, in what looks like, clothes ready for the meeting.  She was surfing the web on her desk.  

"Good morning, unnie!"  she said, before she even turned over to look at me.  It's like she felt my stare on her.  She turns around and gives me a smile.

"Unnnngg..."  I whine and turn around again, my back facing her.

"Unnie?"

"Hmm?"  I said, my voice muffled by my pillow.

"Are you okay?"

"Duper."  I said, with not a hint of enthusiasm in my voice.  My bed was way too comfortable, and I just wanted to keep dreaming, hoping I'd dream again about her lips.  Wait, is this seriously where my priorities are right now?  Amber, you need to get to this meeting.  What the , dude?  I rub my eyes again as I sit up on my bed in a swift move, forcing myself to become alert.

"Unnie, I waited for you to go have breakfast before meeting."  she said, as she turned back to her laptop and then quickly back to me, looking for a reaction.

"Thanks, Luna."  I said with a smile and a light laugh.  "You didn't have to."  I finished, as I hastily brushed my fingers through my hair, in an attempt to not let Luna see my bed-head.

"I know, but we should get to know each other, and I think this is good way."  she explained.

"Oh yeah... we also need to bond, as well."  I said, realizing that she was just pretty much doing this in an effort to please the company.  "Mkk, well I'll be right back.  Gonna go wash up and stuff."  I said, as I stood up to grab my toothbrush.

"Unnie?  Boy underwear?"  she said, noticing my boxers.

"Huh?  Oh yeah.  Pretty comfy."  I said with an awkward smile, walking out the door hastily.  Did not want to have a conversation about me wearing boxers.  I slowly made my way down the hall, on my way to the bathroom.  I was nervous about the rules meeting.  Jang said he would talk to us today about what we did last night.  I'm trying to imagine what kind of conversation that's gonna turn out to be.  I suppose it couldn't really be too bad since we were never given any rules as of yesterday.  How were we supposed to know that what we did would be so bad?

After I walked out of the bathroom, I went and knocked on Krystal's dorm.  "Oh! Hyung?"  said Sulli, seeing me after she opened the door.  Why the hell does she keep calling me Hyung?

"Sulli."  I said with a smile and a small nod.  I was still not comfortable enough around Sulli and Luna to be my complete and dorky self.  So, every encounter with them was pretty reserved on my part.  "Where's Soojung?"  I asked, as I tried to look past Sulli, since she still hadn't opened the door completely.

"Soojung, she is asleep.  She won't get up.  Snoozed alarm so many times."  Sulli explained.  Shy and lazy?  Princesses.  I chuckled to myself, as Sulli started to open the rest of the door, pointing at Soojung snuggled in her bed.  

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         


Her cheeks were rosy red, her lips plumped as usual, and her nose wiggled every few seconds.  So, I'm guessing she was half asleep, half awake?  Either way, it was the most adorable I've ever seen anyone sleep.  Dang, I wish I looked that adorable while sleeping.  I started walking up to Krystal's bed, as Sulli went back to her bed on her laptop.  Sulli started to stare at what she knew was going to be my attempt at waking up Krystal.  "I already tried, Hyung."  said Sulli, as she stopped staring and continued to get back into her bed.  I sat at the corner of Krystal's bed near her head, and I looked at her for a moment.  I wasn't smiling anymore, just puzzled.  I couldn't understand why exactly, but I realized that every time I've found myself catching her while asleep, I stare.  At first, I thought it was just lust and infatuation, but... again that warm feeling of just wanting to take care of her.  I'd like to think that, just like last night, I'm just extremely infatuated with her.  I mean, let's face it, she's hot.  Yet, I find myself to be actually... fond of her... quite fond of her.  In the corner of her eyes, I could see tears forming.  Tears of sleepiness.  Her lips were partly opened in the center.  Both hands were under her head, her legs curled, knees up to her tummy, and her hair spread out all across the pillow.  A few strands of hair fell over her eyes, and again, I just couldn't help it, as I moved them out of the way gently with my fingers, and a smile started to sprout over my face.  She softly opened her eyes and they met mine, and I swear on my life, the whole world stopped.  Sleeping beauty awoken by a single touch, instead of a kiss, is what it felt like.  One of her hands came out from underneath her head to grab mine that was still tracing its way down her face.

"Amber?"  she said in a very surprised and sleepy voice, as she held my hand in hers; and slowly -- somehow, in between the movements, our fingers interlocked.  She was still sleepy, and so she closed her eyes again slowly.  "That tickled..."  she said, referring to when I brushed her hair away from her face.

"Morning, loser."  I said softly, trying to hide the array of emotions that were slowly taking over me.  "You know we need to hurry the hell up, right?  Everyone is ready, except you."

"Did you just call me 'loser'?"  she asked in a whinny tone.

"What?  No.  I'd never."  I said sarcastically, teasing her.

"You're the loser, with the loser face and the loser loser..."  she mumbled nonsensically, as she moved her hand around, with my hand still in hers.  I laughed lightly.

"You are so sleep drunk right now, you know that right?"  I said.  She blew up her cheeks with air, and with her other hand, she reached up to my cheek and poked it.  I chuckled "Soojungie, what are you doing?  Come on, get up."

"But I don't wannaaa..."  she whined.

"Now I see why you're always late everywhere."  I said, teasing her, as I poked her cheek, deflating her air bubble.  She gave me this drunken smile.  Her eyes were squinting, as she slowly closed them again, and bringing my hand, that was still in hers, against her chest.  She held it under her chin and in between her small s, and wrapped her other hand around it, as well -- hugging it gently.  "Can I -- Can -- I want -- can I keep your hand as a teddy bear?"  she asked.

"Absolutely not."  I said in a serious but joking tone.  She pouted her lips adorably, her eyes still shut.  "You can keep it as a teddy llama."  I said.

"Mmmmmm... okay!"  she said cheerfully, dozing off to sleep again.  I almost didn't even want to bother.  She looked so peaceful.  We got sleep on the plane.  We were so uncomfortable in those seats, the space was too small.  So, this was the best sleep we had gotten in a while.  I almost wanted to just be like, screw it, and snuggle up in bed with her... Though, it seemed okay to snuggle with her on the plane, since we barely had any space -- not so sure how anyone would see it if I snuggled with her in bed.  They probably wouldn't think anything of it, since me liking her... only I know of. People judging would just all be in my head... right?  Wait.  Did I just admit to liking her, like -- liking her, liking her?  Am I justified?  I spent an entire day with her cooped up in a plane; and by an entire day, I don't mean like an afternoon at the park.  I mean, we did spend exactly almost 25 hours together, completely.  We slept most of it... with each other.  We cried into each other's embrace, we shared things that -- we shared things that neither of us has shared with many.  So, am I justified?  I don't know... but I don't care.  I like her.


I like Krystal Jung.

Like, like her, like her.  I like her in that way.

"Soojungah..."  I said, leaning over her ear, and whispering gently.  No response.  I turn my head around to look over at Sulli.  "She won't get up..."  I whispered.  Sulli lifts her head up towards me.

"Soojung so stubborn."  Sulli said with a giggle, shaking her head slowly.  "Water?"  she suggested.

"As tempting as that sounds... she'll kill me."  I said, chuckling at the idea.  Sulli shrugged and went back to her distraction.  I looked back down at Krystal and slowly removed my hand from her embrace.  I placed one hand underneath her knees, and the other hand behind her neck, and in one swoop I lifted her up suddenly.

"What...!  What's going on?!"  she said in a whinny voice, her eyes wide open.  I could hear Sulli giggling at the sight.

"I'm taking you to the bathroom to get washed up, woman."  I said.

"... But... I wanna sleeeeeeep."  she said, still in her whinny voice.

"And I want a burrito, but we can't always get what we want."  I .  We're already in enough trouble as it is.  The last thing we needed was to be late to this meeting.  She was light as a feather.  She barely struggled, but really wanted to.  You could tell that she was too sleepy to even try, but I could see how badly she wanted to struggle all over her face.

After making sure Krystal was on the right track to getting ready, I made my way back to my dorm to get dressed.  Luna and I later made our way to Krystal's dorm where we met up with both her and Sulli to head for breakfast.  During breakfast, I could definitely tell that Luna genuinely wanted to just hang out with me, regardless of company policy.  She really tried hard to converse with me during breakfast, even though her English isn't that good.  We also exchanged a bit of small talk in Korean.  Turns out, we're way more alike than I thought.  She's not much of a fashion person, either; prefers to wear comfortable clothes over looking smexy, and I totally dig that.  She's also Christian, so we were able to talk about ourselves from a religious perspective, as well.  I, of course, did not, and will not, and shall not ever mention my uality to her, or to anyone else here, for that matter.  Damn, especially being in an all girl's group -- they'd all think I'm checking them all out, and I would be checking them out, to be honest... but for some reason... all I think about lately is... Krystal.  When will we hang out next?  When can I talk to her some more?  When can I dance with her again?  When can I bite her bottom lip again...?  I mean of course... probably never...

 

 

"Amber..."  Krystal whispered.  "... you're spacing out again.  The meeting is about to start."  she said.  I shifted my gaze to the side and pouted lightly with a know-it-all attitude.  

"Nu uh..."  I responded.

"I heard you got caught with your boyfriend at Club Octagon last night."  said a male voice with a chuckle.  He leaned in between me and Krystal from behind us, sitting on a higher seat.

"Umm yeah, that was me.  Definitely not her boyfriend.  The name's Amber."  I budged in.  Sick and tired of everyone thinking I have ing , man.

"Oh...!  My bad."  he said.  Krystal wrapped her arm around my shoulder and jokingly pulled me in close.

"Oh, yeah.  We are so totally dating."  she said sarcastically.  I blushed and got nervous, but went along with it.

"Yeahp.  I have balls, definitely."  I jokingly said.  The dude held in a laugh.

"No, but seriously, sorry.  I didn't know it was you -- a girl.  It's just what everyone's been saying."  he explained.

"Figures.  Everyone in the K-pop fandom is dying to see me dating someone."  said Krystal, bothered by the rumors.

"You don't look like a guy to me, by the way."  the dude continued.  Well, damn.  That's the nicest I've heard since I got here.

"Thanks..."  I said, lowering my guard.  "Sorry for the attitude, I just get that a lot -- that I look like a dude."  I apologized.

Krystal, with her arm still around my shoulder, interrupted and said, "Oh, yeah... Amber, this is Henry.  He's one of the few who speaks English around here."

"I hear 'em, captain obvious."  I teased Krystal.  She quickly removed her arm from around my shoulder and nudged it lightly.  I chuckled and said, "Anyway, how do you guys know each other?"  I asked.

"We don't know each other.  We know of each other."  Krystal clarified.

"Welcome, rookies!"  said a female staff, as she finally the PowerPoint presentation from her laptop.  She was taking forever to set it up.

"I'll explain later."  Krystal whispered.  The presentation was long and meticulous.  So many regulations.  Basically, we can go out to places like Club Octagon if we want to, it's just not preferred because of exactly what happened.  Those clubs are super famous, so you're bound to be seen there by the media pretty easily; rumors like 'Krystal being there with her boyfriend' start to happen, which looks bad on the company.  It was a bit embarrassing when they started talking about that part in the meeting since they kept using our situation as an example.

"Speaking about boyfriends, the next topic is on dating."  the female staff explained.  "There will be absolutely no dating among your fellow members or peers."  she said.  This was obviously enforced by making all-girl bands and all-boy bands.  They want to create some kind of separation of the genders so that dating is more difficult, and so that they never get to see each other except on company events.  She went on and on about the strain it would create among the company if say, for example, a break up occurred.  One of the members might want to leave the company in order to be further away from their ex.  A very simplified example, it can, of course, get far more complicated than that, but she made her point.  "Please enjoy the rest of your day off, pick up your schedules as you exit.  Tomorrow is a busy day.  You're all dismissed!"  she said.  Krystal tapped my shoulder from behind as we started walking out the door, and joined my side as we both picked up our schedules, exiting the room.

"So... do you like movies?"  I asked.

"Ugh, no, hate movies.  Who on earth would like watching movies?"  she said jokingly and sarcastically.

"Hey... I'm the one who teases here, not you."  I said, poking her sides.  She jumped a bit and giggled at being tickled there.

"Yes, Amber.  I like movies."  she said, with a smile and rolling her eyes.

"So, there's this really good movie we should watch called..."

"Not today, though.  I have to go visit my sister and my parents, remember?"  she said with a rush in her voice.

"Oh..."  I said, with a small hint of disappointment.  

"They'll probably want me sleeping over, but if I manage to escape alive, I'll knock on your door tonight."  she said.

"Sweet.  I can dig."  I said, my face lighting up a bit.

"See ya...!"  she said, as she gave me a rushed hug, and made her way down the hall.  I looked at her back as she walked away.  Dang, I hate to see her go, but I love to watch her leave.  I'm so corny.  Just shut up, Amber.  Just shut up.

"Hey!"  said Henry, walking up from behind me.

"Hey."  I said.

"Sorry, I didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself earlier."  he said as he extended his hand.  "The name's Henry Lau."

"Is that Chinese?"  I asked.

"Yeahp!  My dad's from Hong Kong, and my mom is from Taiwan."

"So cool!  You're the second one I meet!  My parents are from Taiwan, too."  I said excitedly, as I shook his hand.

"Sweet.  I was raised in Canada, though."

"Yeah, I'm originally from L.A."

"Are you doing anything today?"  he asked.

"Umm, nothing in particular.  Still trying to figure that out."  I said, still looking into Krystal's direction.  Man, I'm ing hopeless.

"Well, I'm not doing anything either as of yet, you wanna hang out?"  he asked.  I looked up at him and thought for a second.  Holy .  Basketball.

"Do you know how to play basketball?"  I asked, excitedly.  He looked a bit thrown off when I asked.

"Umm... yeah?  Why?"

"You're on!"  I said when suddenly, Luna popped up from behind my shoulder.

"Ambah!  Here you are!"

"Oh hey, Luna."  I said.

"Oh, so sorry.  Ambah need practice her Korean."  she said.

"Wait.  Right now?"  I asked.

"Yes, tomorrow we train all day!"  I like talking with Luna and all, but two things I really wanted right now: to play basketball, and for Krystal to tutor my Korean.  Looks like I wasn't getting either, at the moment.

"Sorry, bro.  She is kinda right.  I need to get on top of my Korean if I need to sing it."  I said.

"It's okay."  he said with a warm smile, as he extended out his hand for one last handshake.  As I shook his hand, he handed me a piece of paper.  I looked up at him awkwardly, as he smiled.  Okay.  What the hell?  Luna dragged me back to our room.

"Ambah, remember rules.  No dating."  she said, as we walked back inside the dorm.

"Wait, no, this is a misunderstanding.  I'm not interested in guys -- in that guy, I mean."  I explai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter