Chapter 4: The Gift

One Christmas Day
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was morning already, there was someone knocking on the door. Natalie stood up, half asleep, and opened the door, it was the maid.

“Miss Natalie, I'm going to leave now, your foods are already set on the table. Madam told me that you'll be spending the whole day out, so I didn't cook much foods and I see that you ate a lot last night. You will be alone today in this house but the chief butler would be back tomorrow morning, so you don't have to worry about anything. Good bye Miss, take care and see you next year.” and she vowed then leave. After she closed the door, she sighed, thinking she was alone again. Somebody suddenly whispered behind her.

“Is she gone?” a voice of a guy.

Stunned to hear someone behind her, she quickly turns around. Their face met and they almost kissed each other. She was shocked and lost balance, but Sehun had a grip of her.

“You-” she said.

“Me?” he said.

“I- I thought that was a dream. Is this real? Am I still asleep?” she said, confused.

“Of course this is real, I am real. You are not dreaming.” he said smiling.

Natalie was speechless.

“Can we eat something? She's gone, right? So I could go out now.” he said.

“Yeah. Let's take our breakfast.” she answered, but she just can't simply believe that everything that happened to her last night was all real.

 

They go to the dining hall and eat the breakfast that the maid prepared for them.

“Wow! I can get used to this kind of life.” Sehun said then he continued, “Um, Natalie, Thanks for helping me. And I want to greet you again, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday.”

“You're funny. You've greeted me already, but thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday too, Sehun.” she replied.

They were almost done eating when the door bell rang.

“Who was that? I thought you will be alone today?” Sehun asked.

“Oh my gosh! I almost forgot. That must be Mr. Max, my parents' secretary.” she said, surprised.

“Go inside the room, but not my room.” she said while in panic. Sehun hurriedly enters one of the rooms, then Natalie opened the door.

“Good morning, Mr. Max.” Natalie greets.

“Good morning too, Natalie. Why are you not dressed yet?” Mr. Max asked.

“I was about to dress up. Can you wait a little?” she said.

“Of course, miss. You can take your time. I'll be at the receiving area.” Mr. Max said.

 

She hurriedly dressed up and goes to the other room where Sehun was hiding. She brought him some clothes, reserve for visitors, and a pair of shoes, from her father.

“Sehun, change your clothes. You'll come with me.” she instructed.

Yule changed his clothes from the all red suit and boots to a long sleeves hooded shirt with vest, pants and shoes. After a while, Natalie knocked on the door.

“Are you done? May I come in?” she asked for permission.

“Yeah. Come in.” he replied.

Natalie was amazed to see how he looked in different clothes. He became more good looking because the clothes complement his looks and he appeared like an ordinary teenager like her, except for his pointed ears. She was dumbfounded.

“Are you ok?” Sehun asked.

“Um, yeah, put the hood on and don't take it off unless I said so. I'm goi

Please log in to read the full chapter