Chapter 5

Please Give Me Love

 

 

 

The day after this incident passed by quickly, neither of them in the mood to do much, they passed their time watching movies. Not another word was spoken of the collar that caused such sadness in the hybrid. However, this didn’t mean that Kyungsoo wasn’t thinking about it he did in fact quite a lot. He debated a lot on whether he should buy it for the hybrid or not but he dismissed it for now. He only knows Kai for a day and shouldn’t make decisions like that for now.

 

It is the next morning now but this time Kyungsoo wakes up alone, no hybrid-boy in sight and somehow he is a bit disappointed though he wouldn’t admit it if asked. He sighs and starts to get ready for work, since today he has some appointments with patients. He would be gone for the whole day and he wonders if Kai will be fine on his own here.

 

After getting ready Kyungsoo makes his way out of the room and into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for him and Kai. As soon as he finishes setting all the plates with food on the table the hybrid-boy appears at the door. Like the day before he rubs his eyes tiredly but his soft cat ears are standing up and twitching excitedly, as does his tail which swifts from one side to the other. Cute, Kyungsoo thinks. “Morning.” Kai mumbles while yawning. “Good morning.” Kyungsoo smiles a bright smile and settles down on a chair.

 

They finish their breakfast in silence and as both start clearing the table Kyungsoo begins: “Kai, I won’t be home until evening. I have to work. Are you going to be fine alone?” Kai’s ears peek up and he nods his head. “I will be fine.” Kyungsoo smiles and trusts in the hybrids words.

 

However, 3 hours later he is exhausted. Not from the patients he has had today no it was Kai’s fault. Kyungsoo handed him a mobile phone with his number before he went to work so Kai could call him if he needed help with something. What he didn’t expect though was the constant texting of the hybrid with texts like: “I’m bored Kyungsoo.” “Do you have other movies then the ones beside the TV?” “Kyungsoo I’m hungry, what should I do?” “Soo ~ When will you be back?” This one made him actually blush since he didn’t expect Kai to suddenly use a nickname for him.

 

At some point he stopped replying what wasn’t a good idea. Instead of texting Kai started calling him. Even as he picked up the first time and said that it will take a while for him to be home and he should watch TV or surf the internet the callings don’t stop.

 

After each session he has with a patient the phone shows him at least 20 missed calls. It’s then that Kyungsoo decides that he has to do something to entertain Kai or else he wouldn’t be able to work in peace in the future.

 

It’s 7pm when Kyungsoo reaches home with a plastic bag of Chinese Take-away. He is too exhausted to think of cooking now. He steps into his apartment and is nearly thrown to the ground by a heavy body. “Kyungsoo you are finally back.” The hybrid takes a few steps away from him and pouts. “It was way too boring. Take me with you tomorrow.” Kyungsoo chuckles and shakes his head. “I can’t do that but I will work on a solution so you are entertained while I’m gone, okay?” The hybrid still pouts but he seems to accept Kyungsoo’s suggestion. A smile replaces the pout as soon Kai’s eyes land on the white plastic bag in Kyungsoo’s hand. “Is this our dinner?” Kai asks eagerly while taking the bag from the boys hands and starts making his way to the dining room.

Kyungsoo takes off his shoes and joins Kai in the dining room. He can see that Kai had already opened all the boxes with different kinds of Chinese food. He sees Kai sniffing on one box and then happily started to munch on it. Both settle down on the couch in the living room and watch some kind of drama Kai had previously .

 

After finishing their food Kyungsoo looks for his phone and scrolls through his contact list. He smiles when he finds the right number and presses the call button. Kai eyes him curiously from the couch, wondering who Kyungsoo is calling. “Suho? Yeah it’s me... I’m fine, how are you and Yixing?... That’s good. When will you get your hybrids?” At the mention of hybrids Kai’s ears perk up and twitch. “Oh okay. Actually I’m wondering if you could to me a favor? ...Do you have to work tomorrow?... Great, I’m taking care of a hybrid right now but he is quite bored alone, can I bring him to you tomorrow?... Thanks, yeah I tell you the story tomorrow. … Yeah, I know what I said… Good night Suho.” Kyungsoo quickly hangs up and sighs. He is not in the mood for questioning form his friend. He knows himself that he said he would never have a hybrid but it happened.

 

He locks eyes with Kai who waits expectantly for Kyungsoo to speak. “So you can stay at Suho’s tomorrow. He is my best friend and he is really nice so you don’t have to be afraid okay?” The hybrid shyly nods his head. “As soon as I finish with work I will come and pick you up again.” He smiles at the hybrid to ensure him that he won’t be abandoned. “They have hybrids as well?” Kai shyly asks. “No not yet but they will get them next week. I’m sure you will hear a lot about them. They are really excited to finally get them. There were some issues with the hybrid shelter or something like that. I’m sure they will take great care of you and spoil you.” Kyungsoo chuckles while Kai is blushing. “Okay.”

 

They spent the rest of the evening watching some TV and went to bed at about 11pm since Kyungsoo and Kai had to wake up at 7am the next morning.

 

The next morning arrives too soon for Kyungsoo’s liking but hey that’s life right? As the day before he takes a shower, dresses himself and makes breakfast for him and Kai. Only this morning Kai doesn’t eat quite as much as he did the day before and that worries Kyungsoo. “Is it not good?” He asks worried that he made something that isn’t to Kai’s liking. Kai looks up at him and shows him a small smile. “No it’s really good but I’m just not really hungry.” Kyungsoo nods but silently studies the other. “Are you worried about going to Suho’s and Yixing’s place?” He watches as Kai munches half-heartedly on his fried eggs and slowly nodding his head.

 

Kyungsoo quietly stands up and makes his way beside the hybrid witch causes Kai to flinch. Kyungsoo lifts up his head and he watches with a pained heart that Kai’s expression turns into a frightened one. He looks with sad eyes at Kai and slowly places his hand on the hybrid’s head. He slowly starts the hair and pays some more attention to the sensitive ears of the hybrid. Kyungsoo looks delighted as he finds Kai relaxing under his touch and even starts leaning into the caring hand of his. Not long after the room is filled with the purring of a content hybrid-boy.

 

To Kai’s dismay Kyungsoo stopped petting him and cleared the table. “Sorry, but you have to get ready and then we have to go.” He shows an apologetic smile and adds: “I will continue in the evening. I promise.” And Kai eagerly nods as a response looking forward to the petting time. The hybrid-boy is ready to make his way to his room to change when Kyungsoo speaks up again: “And don’t be afraid of me. I will never hurt you.” These words painfully tuck on Kai’s heart. He had heard these words before and even if he wants to believe in them he just can’t. He leaves to change his clothes. Meanwhile Kyungsoo is in deep thought while cleaning the dishes. He wonders about Kai’s past. The reaction he showed makes him think that something bad has happened to the hybrid before and he promises himself that he never will hurt the hybrid. He could see that Kai didn’t believe his words but that’s fine. Kyungsoo doesn’t expect that Kai trusts him from one day to the other. Trust has to be build and he will try his best to gain the trust of the hybrid.

 

Some minutes later Kai appears at the door all ready to leave and Kyungsoo hurries to put on his shoes. Soon after they leave Kyungsoo’s apartment and just have to take some steps until they reach the apartment next door. Kyungsoo presses the bell and both wait for several seconds until the door opens to reveal a boy with a broad smile on his face. “Hello Suho!” Kyungsoo smiles brightly at his best friend. “Kyungie!” the other shouts out while tightly hugging Kyungsoo. “I missed you. You should call or visit more often you know.” Suho pouts and Kyungsoo gently pats his back. Suho looks up to meet the shy gaze of the hybrid-boy. He again smiles brightly and steps back from Kyungsoo. “So this is your hybrid?” A lump forms in his throat at the question asks. He didn’t really want to say yes or no since both answers can cause Kai sadness so he decides to just ignore the question and grabs Kai’s wrist to pull him beside him. “Meet Kai! Kai this is Suho my best friend.” Kai shyly bows and Suho seems to be delighted with the hybrind. “Nice to meet you, Kai! You look so cute!” Suho ‘manly’ squeals while pinching the poor hybrid’s cheek.

 

It’s at this moment that Kyungsoo wonders if it was a good idea to leave Kai with his best friend. The hybrid doesn’t know what to do with all the affection and starts blushing while hiding behind Kyungsoo. And again Kyungsoo has to wonder what kind of personality Kai has. He is either nice, bratty or shy. However, Kyungsoo thinks that this is all part of the hybrid’s charm.

 

“Don’t be shy Kai.” Suho chuckles while grabbing Kai’s wrist and dragging him into the apartment. Before Kyungsoo can say anything the door is closed straight at his face. “Okay?” is all that Kyungsoo says before sighing and making his way to work.

 

To Kyungsoo’s dismay he still received as much text messages as the day before. This time Kai didn’t complain of boredom but instead opted to tell him everything he ate, did or found fascinating. At this point Kyungsoo wonders if he should take Kai’s phone away secretly but dismisses it since he would be worried otherwise.

 

 

-

 

Now two weeks later, Kai is used to staying with Suho, Yixing, Sehun and Luhan while Kyungsoo is at work. That’s right Kyungsoo’s friends finally got their hybrids. They are really cute and not as bratty as he expected them to be. Sehun, Luhan and Kai got along really well. Even if at some point Kyungsoo could see that he felt left out since Sehun and Luhan are a couple. Well they don’t admit it openly but Kai claims that it’s the case so Kyungsoo believes him. Kyungsoo himself didn’t have the chance yet to get to know the hybrids as good as Kai but he feels he knows them through the stories that Kai tells him every evening. Another thing Kyungsoo noticed is that Kai’s shy manner around his friends disappeared. However he didn’t show his bratty side to his friends only to him and his hybrid friends. I guess it’s his way to show his respect to the ones who take care of him.

 

What he doesn’t expect though is that one evening while they are eating dinner Kai is fidgeting on his chair looking like he wants to say something. Several seconds later and the situation remains the same. This is when Kyungsoo decides to speak up “What’s wrong? Do you want to tell me something?” Kai’s ears perk up and his tail is swishing from one side to the other just mere centimeters above the floor. “W-well can we… Can you… Ehm can we… bringanotherhybridhere?” The last part was too fast for Kyungsoo to understand so he asks the other to repeat it slower. Kai looks shyly and pleading at Kyungsoo which isn’t good since Kyungsoo already agrees on whatever the hybrid wants with this look. “Can we bring another hybrid here?”

 


Again I'm sorry that it took me this much to update the story *bows*

To make it up I made this chapter longer than the others.

I hope you like it ^^

Oh and thank you so much to all 69 subscribers, upvoters, readers and commenters!

I really love you all