Chapter 3

Please Give Me Love

 

 

 

As soon as Kyungsoo finishes showering he wraps a towel around his waist and inspects his body for other bruises he might have. He discovers a nasty one on his right side of his stomach right above his hip bone. He winces when his hand comes in contact with it. “Well that’s what you get for fighting.” Kyungsoo mumbles.

 

He turns around and walks to his medicine cabinet. He takes some ointment out for his bruises. Kyungsoo sighs and turns around to look at the mirror. He carefully applies the ointment on his stomach and some on his face.

 

He is amazed that his face doesn’t look too bad. Okay, he has chapped lips and a black eye but it could be worse, right? Right after tending to his wounds he steps out of the bathroom and walks to his room. Kyungsoo doesn’t put on his night clothes since he wants to wait for the ointment to dry a bit.

 

He takes his book that he recently started to read and lies down on his bed. It is some kind of thriller and he is really excited about what will happen next.  

 

About half an hour later, he hears a knock at the door which causes him to flinch. He was way too absorbed in the story which caused him nearly a heart-attack. “Yes?” The door opens to reveal a shy-looking Kai. “Ehm… I really just wanted to confirm with you that it’s really alright if I stay here… “ Kyungsoo smiles. "Well, I guess I will get a lot of trouble with Suho, my best friend, for letting a stranger stay at my house.” He puffs his cheeks thinking about all the nagging he has to endure soon. “But I think after that he will like you. He has a soft spot for cute things and I know it’s not really manly to say that but since you have a tail and ears you are counted as cute.”

 

Now it is Kai’s turn to puff his cheeks, not liking that he is considered cute. He has muscles and is tall so how can he be cute? Okay, maybe he is shy when he first meets people but who wouldn’t if he had a past like him?

 

“I’m manly though…” Kai pouts and Kyungsoo has to fight a chuckle. “No one said that you are not manly but you are cute as well.” Kai’s pout is replaced by a smirk. “So you think I’m cute as well?” Kyungsoo blushes. “Eh? M-maybe.”

 

Kai chuckles but it is soon replaced by a genuine smile. “Thank you for letting me stay with you. Life out there isn’t something I will miss.” His smile turns sad and Kyungsoo gets the urge to hug him. “Don’t worry about it.” He smiles at Kai in hope to cheer him up but to no avail as Kai’s eyes travel to Kyungsoo still upper body. “I’m sorry for getting you hurt. I don’t know you for long but what I know for sure is that you are a kind human Kyungsoo. Every hybrid that would be called yours would be a lucky one.”

 

Kyungsoo hearts clenches for an unknown reason. Why does Kai look so sad while saying these things? Why does it not feel good to hear such things? Kyungsoo remains silent. As much as he wants to appreciate this compliment he can’t. Why? Because the thought of a being called ‘his’ is something he doesn’t like. He is okay if his friends and other people are fine with it, it’s their choice, but it’s just too sad for him.

 

He knows at first-hand how it feels to ‘belong’ to someone. His memories aren’t the best but that doesn’t mean that there aren't good ‘owners’ out there. He knows for sure that his best friend will take good care of the hybrids they will own. Suho and Yixing have a happy past, no wounds that still have to heal, both are peaceful and so caring that Kai’s word would fit to them, not to him.

 

He is broken; he needs time to fix himself. Even if a year has passed the wounds are still open, blood still leaking from them. There is no bandage in sight for his pounding wounds.

 

“Kyungsoo?” a voice is taking him back from his thoughts. He looks up to meet the worried gaze of Kai. He shakes his head and smiles. “Sorry I just thought about some stuff.” Kai nods his head in understanding. “Then I will go back to my room. Good night.” He waves at Kyungsoo. “Good night, Kai. If you need something don’t hesitate to come back.” He waves back at Kai.

 

As soon as he hears Kai’s footsteps leaving he sits up and sighs. “I shouldn’t worry him too much. If he stays here… Do I have to make him mine?” He cringes at the sound. “I don’t want that though.” He rubs his face with his hands. He stands up and walks to his wardrobe. He picks his sleeping clothes and puts them on. With a heavy heart he lays down in his bed again. “But what do I do if he wants to be mine?” Kyungsoo quickly shakes his head. “Though he said these nice words, that doesn’t mean he wants to be mine. I don’t know if it’s allowed like that. I hope for the both of us.”

 

With those thoughts Kyungsoo drifts into dreamland. It’s not a happy one. Dreams have become Kyungsoo’s greatest enemy. He fears them but can’t fight them. A relationship that he wants to end but doesn’t have the strength to do so. Pathetic, is the only word that comes to Kyungsoo’s mind when he thinks about it.

 


Finally an update guys ~

I hope you like it ^-^

And OMG thank you soooo much to everyone who upvoted and subscribed *wipes tear away*

I'm really really happy about it ^o^

ps. sorry to all Krisyeol fans... I think this pair will appear around chapter 5?