Chapter 1

Please Give Me Love

 

 

 

Life.

 

There are different people who experience different kind of lives. There are the rich ones who sometimes don’t have a care in the world, always buying what they want to, never having to worry about paying bills on time. But it’s not like that all these people are the same; I mean some do care for others who have not as much as they have.

 

However in the world where Kyungsoo lives rules can be bypassed with a simple envelope full of money.

 

That’s the problem with money for Kyungsoo. He knows that he needs it to survive and  he doesn’t earn little as a psychologist but he was never one to waste money on something he didn’t really need or desired.

 

His past taught him that not everything you desire can be yours, even money can’t buy real love. Yes, love was what he desired the most at the moment but to be honest he couldn’t handle love right now. The scar which is still deep imprinted in his heart is the proof.

 

He doesn’t even know if he is able to understand what love means. What is love? He had only little experience. He was an orphan and lived his life in an orphanage until the age of 18. The aunts there took great care of him but you could always feel the distance that lurked in their hearts. Love of parents is different than what he had.

 

Also there was his ex-boyfriend. Even know he takes the guilt of creating the monster in him. Yeah, they loved each other. Love comes in different shapes but was their relationship love or just loneliness and obsession? Kyungsoo really likes to believe that it was love that held him by his side or else he would feel more miserable than he already does. But this is a story for the future.

 

Back to the present days…

 

Currently Kyungsoo is on his way home from his office where he welcomes his patients. It isn’t a big office but it has a comforting aura do it and that’s all the patients need, what he needs.

 

He smiles while thinking about what do cook for dinner when he is interrupted by the sound of trash cans rattling right as he passes a small alleyway.  He looks up only to see a tall and tanned looking hybrid. He looks really stunning even if he is covered in layers of dirt. He seems to be homeless which causes Kyungsoo’s heart to clench.

 

He slowly walks in the direction of the hybrid, careful not to startle him. But it is futile as soon as the hybrid’s head peeks up and his eyes make contact with Kyungsoo’s he slowly backs away further into the alley. “Hey I don’t want to hurt you.”  A low hiss echoes through the alley. Well, that went well.

 

Kyungsoo is ready to take another step forward when the screeching of car wheels on asphalt is heard. His head turns to the source and he can see two men dressed in black suits coming in their direction. He quickly turns back to the hybrid only to see him shaking in a panicky manner.  Kyungsoo doesn’t think much and pulls the hybrid along with him behind a trash can.

 

He is surprised that the hybrid isn’t trashing around, he is just shaking which makes him wonder if he knows who these guys are. “Where is he? I thought boss said he is always here.” “Yeah well he should be. Last time he was also here.” “It’s all the fault of this stupid idiot that we have to handle this right now. If he would have been more careful the hybrid wouldn’t have been able to flee or if he would have been smart enough he would have put the collar on his neck so he wouldn’t be counted as free right now.”

 

Kyungsoo just shakes his head while hearing this. He detests that with a simple collar you can claim a being as yours. For dogs it may be useful when they get lost and stuff but hybrids are basically humans as well so there is no need to put a collar on them. However, it’s not like the hybrids mind. He saw how a hybrid-boy’s eyes sparkled when his ‘owner’ gave him a collar. He still doesn’t quite understand the concept behind all this but maybe it will change from now on.

 

The footsteps of the men come nearer and Kyungsoo mentally prepares himself to defend both him and the hybrid-boy.  The hybrid-boy is now desperately clinging onto him. He is and was never a fan of hurting people in anyway but it seems like there is no other way.

 

Kyungsoo jumps up with the boy and shoving him behind his back. The men are startled for a second but regain the composure soon enough. “Oh? so this time you have a friend who helps you out?” One of the guys says while smirking.

 

“What do you want from him? Just leave him be. He obviously doesn’t want to go with you guys.” Kyungsoo bravely shouts out to them while he can feel fear crawling up his body. He didn’t fear anything when he was younger but time and a certain person changed everything. “We don’t care if he wants to or not. Our boss wants him and so we will bring this hybrid to him. Do you have a problem with that?” “Of course, he isn’t yours nor does he belong to your boss just because he says he wants him. It’s clear that he doesn’t want to belong to your boss and I can’t see a collar on his neck that would say your boss has the right to take him back.” Kyungsoo says matter-of-factly.

 

“As our boss or we would care what this hybrid wants.” Kyungsoo becomes disgusted by these men in front of him. Like many other people they see hybrids not as equals, they think lower of them. “I won’t let you take him.” “We will see.” They both smirk.

 

Suddenly everything happens in a blur, the men running towards him, he shoving the hybrid further behind him, one man swinging his fist, he dodging the attack while he receives a blow in the stomach from the other, he regaining his composure and taking down the two attackers but not without taking another few blows himself.

 

When the two men sink to the ground he quickly grabs the hand of the hybrid and they start running in the direction of Kyungsoo’s apartment.  He half expects that the hybrid boy would struggle to get free but nothing of this happens. As they finally reach his apartment He lets them both in and Kyungsoo falls on his sofa exhausted. He lies there for several seconds until he finally remembers that he has a hybrid in his apartment now.

 

He sits up again and looks straight into the eyes of the hybrid which is still standing at the same spot as before. “So… Would you like something to drink or do you want to eat something?”

He doesn’t get an answer, the hybrid just continues to stare. “Just sit down here and I will bring you both.” Kyungsoo smiles at him and makes his way to the kitchen.

 

As soon as he reaches the kitchen He opens the fridge and takes out some orange juice and ingredients to make dinner. He pours the orange juice in a glass and turns around to make his way back to the living room only to be startled by the hybrid boy. “Oh my you surprised me there. Is something wrong?” Again he doesn’t get an answer he just continues to stare.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t mind and just walks up to him and places the glass of juice beside him. He continues preparing dinner right after.

 

15 minutes later Kyungsoo has finished cooking dinner. The whole time the hybrid didn’t move from the spot he stood but he is happy to see that the glass of juice is emptied. He places all dishes on the dining table and sits down. With expectant eyes he looks at the hybrid boy who stood at the doorframe of the dining room.

 

Slowly, the boy comes nearer his cat ears peeking up and curiously turning in each direction in fear that there will be a trap. His tail is swishing from one side to another, his stomach begging him to just sit down and not to care about other things. He obeys his stomach and sits down across the man which saved him before.

 

He cautiously eyes his plate and then the man again. He smiles kindly at him and this encourages him to dig in. This is the first real food he had in a really long time. He is already used to searching in trash cans for food that was left from humans. He tries to eat as much food as he can because who know how long he will be able to be here?

 

“My name is Kyungsoo.” He looks up and meets the kind eyes of the man in front of him. “I hope you like the food.” He nods his head still feeling shy around him. “May I know your name as well?” He pauses for a second thinking about the question. “It’s Kai.” He mumbles and continues eating.

 

 


Sorry it took me a while to update the first chapter...

I hope you like it though ^-^

Oh and thank you so much to my first 5 subscribers! <3

I'm really thankful to every single of you ^o^

ps. sorry if there are any mistakes, like I mentioned english isn't my first language >.<