Lotte World

When We Meet Again

“Oppa! Look at Seoul from here. It’s beautiful!” Rein chimed as her nose pressed on the Ferris wheel’s glass window.

                “You are more beautiful.” Leeteuk winked which made Rein giggle and hit him on the shoulder playfully.

                It has been years since their first Ferris wheel ride together.

                Things have changed since then.

                A whole lot.

FLASHBACK

                “Kim Heechul! Ireona!” Rein shouted as she jumped up and down on the bed where Heechul is sleeping. “We’re going to Lotte World today!”

                After the Christmas Ball, Heechul went to Rein’s house and spent the night there. He rubbed his eyes and stood up. The things that happened last night and the slight pinch in his chest are still clear to him. But he tried to brush it off because today, he is going to have fun in the amusement park with Rein.

                Heechul went down the stairs and the scent of bacon and eggs welcomed him. He sat down and began wolfing some bacon.

                “Yah don’t eat too much Heechul. You might just throw up when we ride the roller coaster.” Rein joked. Heechul just rolled his eyes and continued eating. When they finished their breakfast, they both prepared themselves for their trip to Lotte World.

                “Have fun on your date!” Rein’s mom called out as Rein and Heechul went out of the house.

                “Oh shut up eomma.”  Rein exclaimed and took Heechul’s hand. “Let’s just go.”

                When they arrive in Lotte World, Rein ran to the entrance and jumped up and down happily.

“Heechulie! What shall we ride first? Carousel? Roller coaster? Ferris wheel?” Rein asked giddily.

“We got the whole day together. We’ll anything you want.” Heechul smiled.

“Yay!” Rein exclaimed. She gave Heechul a hug and ran to the entrance. Heechul chuckled and ran after Rein. The two of them tried as many rides as they could. They were all smiles throughout the day. When lunch came, Heechul brought Rein to an Italian restaurant inside the park.

“Their spaghetti is so yummy!” Rein smiled and shoved a mouthful of spaghetti.

“Yah! Don’t eat too much. You might throw up.” Heechul scolded. Rein just stuck her tongue out and continued eating.

“Hey. Let’s ride the roller coaster after this.” Rein smirked.

“But we just ate.”

“Are you scared Kim Heechul?”

“No! Fine. Let’s go.”

They both stood up and walked towards the enormous coaster. Heechul and Rein took a deep breath and took a seat.

“Fighting!” They shouted and the coaster zoomed forward.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” That was the only sound that came out of their lungs. The roller coaster literally rolled around the loops. When the ride finished, a more energetic Rein emerged and Heechul was about to collapse.

“It was so fun! Let’s ride it once again!” Rein screamed in delight.

“So… Dizzy…” Heechul grumbled.

“Heechul are you okay?!” Rein asked, worried. She immediately brought Heechul to a bench. “I’m going to buy water. Just stay here.” Rein wandered off the crowded paths, looking for water.

“Rein!” A familiar voice called from behind. Rein turned her head and saw…

“Teukie oppa! It’s so nice to see you. Who are you with?” She asked, blushing.

“I’m still waiting for someone.” Leeteuk replied.

“Do you want to go on a ride with me? Just one. Pleeeeease?” Rein begged.

“Kaja!”

As Rein walked toward the Ferris wheel, her feelings made her forget the friend she left behind. Leeteuk helped Rein get on the ferris wheel and he sat beside her. Rein heart was skipping really fast. She never thought she will be right beside Leeteuk while gazing at the scenic Seoul.

“Teukie oppa, do you remember what I said last night?” Rein asked, blushing.

“Hmm?”

The carriage that Rein and Leeteuk were riding arrived at the peak of the wheel.

“I told you last night that I like you. I was just wondering if there’s a chance that you like me back.”

Slowly, the carriage descended.

“You’re really likeable Rein but …” Leeteuk mumbled.

“But what?” Rein thought. What could have been wrong?

“I have a girlfriend.”

Rein’s eyes widened. She was definitely dumbfounded. Leeteuk has a girlfriend? He is so busy with student council duties that he doesn’t have time to mingle with girls. In fact, he doesn’t even talk too much with girls when he’s at school. Rein was having a hard time accepting the truth. Tears started to swell up on her eyes.

The Ferris wheel ride came to a halt. When Leeteuk opened the carriage, Rein dashed out, trying to escape from the pain. As she walks away, she heard a voice calling Leeteuk. Was it her girlfriend? The lucky lady whom Leeteuk has his affection for? When Rein went back to the bench where Heechul is, tears were already flowing from her eyes.

“Rien? What happened? Why are you crying?” Heechul asked, worried.

“Let’s just go.” Rein sobbed.

She dragged Heechul out of the bench,

out of the park,

out of the pain.