Chapter 5

Can U... Be Mine?
CHAPTER 5: 
CURE HER HEART
 
“Let’s just be friends,” Suga’s words came back to her mind which made her tears uncontrollably flowing from her eyes.

“Why… Why must this happen to me?!” she said as she continued to cried at the sidewalk.

“Excuse me, I- I’m sorry for disturbing you. Are you okay?” a voice asked from her back and she could hear the footsteps coming towards her.

“Sorry. I- I’m okay. Thanks,” she said as she wiped off her tears.

“Seojin?” a guy blurted out.

“Jimin? What- What are you doing here?” she asked.

“I’m the one who supposed to ask you that and why are you crying here?” the guy, Jimin asked back.

“It’s just- Just- Don’t mind me and you’re not answering my question yet,” she said and looked at him.

“I’m just walking around here. It’s kind of boring spending Christmas holiday alone,” he said.

“Why didn’t you just go with him?” she asked.

“Him? Uh… You mean… Suga?” Jimin said, hesitantly while looking at the girl that his elder brother had dumped before.

“Yeah…”

“He-” before he could continued, his phone rang.

“Hello... Okay, I’ll be back, mom,” he said.

“Sorry, I have to go. See you again!” he said and left her.

“Okay…” she said and took out her phone to see the time. Oh my! Jiyeon and Jin must be waiting for me now! She said to herself and ran back home.

                                               **                                            **                                            **

“I’m home~ Sorry if I’m la-” Seojin’s words stopped when she saw her parents were there.

“Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?” she asked and went towards her parents.

“We’re here to discuss about your brother’s wedding,” her mother said.

“And, where are you from, young lady?” her father asked.

“I just come back from Woohyun’s apartment. I’m helping him baking a cake for his parents since he never done it before,” she told them.

“Ohh… Hmm… I’m sorry if I said this, dear. I don’t understand why you didn’t date him instead of Suga. Any ways, both of you known each other since young,” her father said to her. Hearing what her father had said, she just stayed in silence while Jin and Jiyeon just looked at each other.

“Dad… I… I don’t want to date anymore even though it’s for the second time and one more thing, there’s nothing between me and Suga now,” Seojin spoke up and excuses herself to go to her room.

“Mind telling us what happen?” her father asked Jin.

                                               **                                            **                                            **

Jimin was in his brother’s room, looking at the photos that they had taken during last holiday at Jeju Island. Among those photos, a photo attracted him and he took it. Smile carved on his lips while looking at the photo of Suga, Seojin and him. While reminiscing the moments that they had together, he was interrupted by the sound of the opening door.

“Just as I thought, Jimin,” a girl said, which made him turned around to her.

“What are you doing here?” he asked while putting down the photo back on the table.

“That’s not important. The important thing is, have you told her about it?” she asked him.

“Her? Oh. Not yet. I don’t think now is the right time to tell her,” he told her and sat down on his brother’s bed.

“What do you mean?” she asked again.

“I’ve met her at the road this evening,” he said.

“So…?” she said and sat beside him.

“I thought I would meet her just like before. Every time we meet, she always showed her angelic smile and now, that smile is gone. I met her while she was crying and, even though I don’t know the reason, I hope that it’s not related to brother. There are a lot of memories that happen to them during winter last year. If I told her about it just then, I think it would make her feel even worse,” he told the girl. She just stayed quiet while listening to him.

“It really hurts me seeing her cry and I bet, he also felt like that too when she’s crying,” he continued and clenched his fist.

“Jimin… I know how you feel. And… I know I shouldn’t say this but, I don’t care if she hates me but, not him… Just because of his ‘brilliant’ idea, he’s willing to be hate by the one he loves,” she said.

“You’re right. Sometimes, his stupid ideas would have an advantage to others,” he told her and smiled.

“Yeah. By the way, let’s go downstairs now. Your parents are waiting,” she said and got up from her seat.

“Wait. Thank you, Naeun…” he thanked and followed her.

                                               **                                            **                                            **

“Well, I have to. If waiting for you to say it, it will be like hundred years later but, don’t worry. I didn’t tell her that your crush is her.”

“Ayy… Why don’t you just tell her? Like what you said, waiting for him to confess to her was like a hundred years.”

“Please think about it, Namu! We’re always support you!”

Those words kept on ringing in his mind since his cousins left his apartment. What am I going to do? I don’t even have any courage to tell her that! Nam Woohyun, what happen to you? You’re not like this!

“Arrghh!!” he yelled and threw all the magazines and newspapers to the other side. Then, his phone rang as he went to his room and answered the phone.

“Hello…”

Namu~ It’s me, Jin. Sorry for disturbing you,” Jin said.

“It’s okay. So, what’s up?” Woohyun asked.

Can we meet now? There’s something I want to talk about with you,” Jin said.

“Sure. Where should we meet?”

At the usual café,” Jin told him and hangs up.

Why… He sounds so serious? Whatever it is, there’s only one way to find out; he said to himself as he went out from his room and left the apartment to meet Jin.

                                               **                                            **                                            **

As soon as Woohyun arrived at the café, he saw Jin sitting at the corner of the café and went towards him.

“Hey, Jin,” he greeted and sat in front of him.

“Hey, thanks for coming,” Jin greeted back.

“No problem. At least it can release my unwanted thoughts,” Woohyun said.

“Unwanted thoughts, huh?” Jin repeated and looked at him.

“So, why do you want to see this late at night?” he asked Jin and drank his favorite coffee that he ordered as soon as he entered the café.

“It’s about Seojin,” Jin said.

“What happens to her? Is she alright?” Woohyun asked him.

“Before I tell you about it, I want to ask you a question. Do… You like her?” he asked while looking straight to Woohyun’s eyes. After hearing that, Woohyun looked away from his gazed.

“I guess that’s for ‘yes’. Listen, Woohyun, I know that she just broke up with Suga but, can you do me a favor? Please cure her broken heart and make her happy just like she used to be,” Jin continued.

“Why are you suddenly asked me to do that?” Woohyun asked. Jin just bit his lips hearing his question.

“Do you know what happens to her after she left your apartment? She cried. She locked herself in her room and cried, you know? And, he told our father that she don’t want to date anymore even though it’s for the second time,” he told him. He could see Woohyun’s eyes widen after hearing what he just told him.

“So… Will you help me- I mean, us, to cure her broken heart?” he asked him again.

“But, why me? There’s still a few of our friends that closed to her. NamJoon, J-Hope, Taehyung and Key, why didn’t you ask them to cure her heart? They also have a feeling for-”

“But not the same as yours, Nam Woohyun,” Jin cut him and made him silent.

“Please think about it before you regret it. I trust you,” Jin said and excuses himself.

“I’m… Sorry, Seojin…”

                                               **                                            **                                              **

 

To Be Continue…

 
 
 
author's notes
Whoo~ The fifth chapter~>< Hope you like it~ Please subcribe and let me know what you think~^^ and try to guest the meaning behind Jimin's and Naeun part~^^ Good luck~