[1]

My Little Puppy

 “Raemi, teacher is come, don’t sleep. Raemi….” Hyunil try to wake me up. We’re on junior high school, Hyunil can grow until now it’s something amazing for me. it have been 5 years after his 2nd transplantation.

“Shut up!” I said.

“Yaa!!! Yaa!! Kang Raemi! Wake up and go out until my class end!” he slapped my table, I get shocked.

I get up.”Yaa!!! don’t make Hyunil shock, could you?” He stare at me and I just recognize if he’s my English teacher. “Son… Sonsaengnim… ahahaha…. Annyeonghasimnikka… Eung?”

“Miss Kang!! GET OUT NOW!!!” I walk out while mumble.

“Sonsaengnim…” Hyunil raise his hand.”I…  could I go out too?”

Two ours later, bell ringing. Hyunil sit beside me and I just stand up. “Aigooyaaa~ I’m tired!! Let’s eat Hyunil-ah!~ I’m hungry.” I hold his hand.

“I’m not hungry…”

“A~ jinjja? I make fries for lunch, you should eat because you want to accompany me and didn’t attend the class.” I said while messed up his hair.

“But you always help me Raemi-ah…” he fixed his hair.”By the way, could you cook? I don’t know about that.”

“Yaa!!! Yaa!!!” I pinch his shoulder, he smile at me. “Jinjja!”

When me and Hyunil goes to the canteen. “Raemi~ let’s eat lunch with us.” He’s naughty boy in the school, his gang always annoy me, but I always ignore them. I won’t to hurt Hyunil.

“Gomawo, but I’l eat my lunch with him.” I hold Hyunil’s hand and walk away.

“Yaaaa!!!! Raemi!!! Why you always reject me for him?” he stopped me. “He’s weak, Hyunil-ah you know you can life until now it’s because Raemi!!! You’re so weak I don’t know why Raemi always beside you, is your ideal type is weak boy?”

I slapped his face. “just said it once again and I’ll make sure you couldn’t talk again after this!” I prepare my hand to punch him.

“You!!!” He grab the collar of my uniform. “I’ll tell about this to your father!”

“don’t hurt her!” Hyunil push him, he fall off and I can feel Hyunil’s breath.

____________________________________________

 “Hyunil gwenchana… gwenchana~!!” I try to make him calm, he looks mad. Hyunil take a breath deeply and then he looks better. “Joseonghamnida…” I bow to all of them.

But suddenly he touch my . “omo! Her is big! Hahahaaa” he laugh.

“YAAA!!!!” I turn around and Hyunil walk toward him and punch him on his face. He fall off. His friends try to help him but they can’t stop Hyunil.

“Tell to sonsaengnim, palli!!!”

“Stop him!!” Hyunil keep punch him, corridor being crowded because of this.

“Hyunil stop it!!!!” I try to stop him. “Stop it!!!”

After fought, I stay with Hyunil in sanatorium. “Paboya!!” I hit his head slowly. “you could die, don’t you know!... I’m worried about you!” I hit his head again.

“mianhae… I just want to protect you Raemi…” I look at him while he look away. “I’m weak that’s why you always protect me, I just want to protect you….”

“Shut up!” I stand up. “I’ll protect you! hyunil-ah you don’t need to protect me. I can protect myself.”

“Mianhae…” Hyunil hold his chest and cough.

“Hyunil, gwenchana?!!” I rub his back, he still cough, he looks pale. “your heart…”

“Mi-mianhae…”He said.”Aaaahhh!!!” He grab my hand tightly. “Mianhae…”

“Ania! Gwenchana! Hyunil-ah I’ll call appa, please wait!” I take my phone and called my father. “Appa!!! Hyunil… help him!!!”

___________________________________________

Today is the 4th day he doesn’t attend the class. “Hyunil, Raemi is come.” His mom open the door.

“Annyeong~” I waves at him. “How are you? feel better? I bring some homework for you.” I sit beside him. “oh! This is for you, Sonsaengnim will come later.” I put the parcel on the table.

“gomawo…” he smile at me.

“Ne! gwenchana~” I open the curtain. “Could you feel the wind? Ah! It’s nice weather, let’s go out for a while. You should look around after surgery.” He nodded.

We’re going walk in the park, Hyunil used his wheelchair. We stop under the tree, I wearing my jacket to him. I sit on the grass and looking for clovers.”What are you doing Raemi?”

“Sssttt!!! I find a clover” I said.

“For what?” He asked.

“I’ll make a wish, did you ever heard it before.” He nodded, I smile. “PLEASE SAVE HYUNIL!!!! PLEASE TAKE HIS PAIN!!” my eyes teary.”PLEASE TAKE HIS PAIN!!! I WONT TO LOSE HIM! TAKE HIS PAIN!!!”  I shouted at the clover and I wish it can hear my wish.

“Raemi-ah… gwenchanaeyo?” I nodded, I grab my skirt tightly.”Mianhae I always make you sad… I’ll back to school soon, don’t cry. Hyunil… will protect you…” he hug me from the back. “I’m a big boy… I’ll protect you… I hope the clover hear your voice…” He wipe my tears.

“…. Ray….” I try to hold my tears.

“Ray?” I turn around.

“Because you protect me, I think Ray is cool name for you. so you could protect me when Hyunil couldn’t protect me, I’ll always protect Hyunil but not for Ray”. He giggles and hug me again.

“Let’s get along together Raemi-ah… don’t cry, ne?”

 

 

"I... I can't...." I sob even more.

Suddenly he hold my cheeks and kiss on it."Stop crying... I hate the taste of tears...."

At the end I cried in his arms.

_____________________________________

-A few years later-

Hyunil in the check up room, my father is his doctor. “Ah! Your heart going better and better since 3 years ago.”

“Jnijja? Gomawo ahjussi!” Hyunil smile and wearing his clothes again.

“where’s Raemi?”

“She wait me in the hospital’s garden, annyeong.” He bow and open the door.

“Ne! take care, don’t too tired and don’t forget to come here again.” My father said.

“I’ll not come here again, ahjussi.” He throw the door.

His nurse come to the room.”Waeyo?”

“Ahahaha ania~” He drink his coffee. “That kid…. He’s being mature now, it’s like yesterday I saw him can’t do anything, just stay on the bed and drink his medicine.” He giggles.

“Ah ne, don’t make them being separated.”

“Mwo?” my father curious.

“ummm… how to say that, I think Raemi is his first love. Aahh!!! I should go now doctor, annyeong.” She bowed and out from the room.

“First love? Tsk! Aigoo~” He giggles.

______________________________________

 “Raemi!!” I turn around.”Raemi!!!” he run toward.

“Yaa!!! Yaaa!! Don’t run, you’ll run out of breath.” I pinch his shoulder.

“Gwenchana, I’m a big boy eum?” He wink at me.

“Ah! Jinjja!!”

“This evening let’s go to the river. I want to show you something.” Ray rub my head.

“Waeyo? You’ll swimming in the cold weather?” I laugh.

“Andwaeyo~ but don’t come to my house, you should come to the river.” He patted my shoulder, bowed and runaway.

“Waeyo?” I look at him slowly disappear.”Hyunil…”

*My angst :

I still remember how you couldn’t runaway, couldn’t go out because cold weather, but now you’re so different… I feel this cold wind is warm because of you, for now on please don’t say ‘sorry’ again to me, Hyunil-ah.

_______________________________________

 “Where you wanna go?” my mom asked.

“Ray want me to come to the river, he want to show me something. Annyeong eomma~” I kiss her cheek and runaway.

“Ah? Is that your first date, Raemi?” My mom giggles.

For a few minutes later my father is come. “Where she’s gone?”

“Molla?” my mom smile.” I cook chicken soup for you”.

“Ah? Jinjja? Where is it? Could I bring to the hospital?”

“Sure you should eat a lot.”

_____________________________________

On the way to the river, I call Hyunil.”Gwenchanaeyo?”

“Ah… raemi… come here, palli…” then he end my call, suddenly I feel something bad happen to him.

I run faster. “:Hyunil-ah jakkanman! Jebal jakkanman!” I hold my tears.

Suddenly a boy with his bicycle passed by and I bump on him. He fall off and my knee is bleeding.

“Aaaahhh!!!!” I shouted at him. “Where’s your eyes!!! Yaa!!! Don’t you know I’m in hurry!!”

“Joseonghamnida!...” he bowed at me. “Gwenchanaeyo?” he look at me worried.

I kneel down and crying, I just thinking about his heartache.”Hyunil-ah… mianhae…” I sobs.

“you want to meet someone?” he asked and I nodded. “Mianhae, I’ll help you.” he wipe my tears. “Don’t cry…. Mianhae… oh! Your knee is bleeding. Jakkanman.. maybe it’ll hurt.” He’s pouring his mineral water and bound my knee used his scarf. “Ah! Gwenchana, let’s go! Where you wanna go, eum?” he smile at me, his face is handsome and this is my first time I meet him.

Who is he?

-To be Continue-