Two Months

De Novo

My inspiration, unfortunately, is limited right now. And I'm bombarded by all the schoolwork TT 

“Your condition is improving well, you can be discharged tomorrow! Please make sure you come back for your physiotherapy every week”  Doctor Kim announced cheerfully to a bright-faced Lay, who could barely contained his happiness.  Doctor Kim was happy for Lay too, after monitoring him for 2 months, he was proud of him for not giving up.

The nurse wheeled Lay out of the room and he immediately made his way to the recreation room, where it was bustling with activities. Lay pushed his way through the doors and burst out,” I’m going to be discharged!”

Instantly, 3 people pounced on him with huge energy with one following behind. “We’re so happy for you, but you better come and visit us!” Luhan, WooHyun and L chorused at the same time, resulting in all three to look at each other and burst out laughing.

JaeIn gave her usual cheerful smile that brought Lay’s heart beating a second faster and congratulate him. Suddenly feeling shy, Lay looked around awkwardly and asked,” My parents can’t take the day off, I was wondering… uh….. if you can accompany me back tomorrow…. It’s okay if you can’t! I was just asking!” JaeIn resounding laugh rang out and she nodded her head enthusiastically, “I will help you tomorrow!”

“You will? That’s great! …. Uhm, I mean that’ll be great, thanks.” Lay laughed awkwardly. At the sides, the only thing the three guys were capable of at that moment was to hoot and snicker at Lay’s actions, causing Lay to give them the look and colour to rose up JaeIn’s cheeks.

As JaeIn wheeled Lay back to his room after hours spent with the others, Doctor Kim past by. JaeIn called out cheerfully, “ Dad!” Doctor Kim turned and saw his daughter and smiled fatherly towards them. Lay could not help but said out surprised, “He’s your dad? And I was spending so much time with all of you!”

-----------------

The next day, Lay opened his eyes to the sunlight streaming in, excited to go home after so long. Secretly, he was also happy to spend time with JaeIn.

Lying there, he thought about his future. Deep down, he still wanted to play basketball, but he knew that it was not possible and he had faced reality. JaeIn was encouraging him to try something else, and he kind of knew what it was. Besides basketball, Lay had always love music and to sing and could play the piano and strum the guitar well. He wanted to try music, even if it was to just a small group of people. He had enjoyed it immensely performing to the people in the recreation room and bringing applause and joy to each of them.

Yes, if he is willing to try, he will be able to do. He hoped with all his heart. And he hoped he could see JaeIn forever.