Chapter 2

Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finding our way through the hospital in the dark was easier said than done. Kibum was leading the way, having only a small flashlight that was about to go out lighting up the steps in front of him. Jiyong was walking behind him, looking down as he walked so he wouldn't step on something and trip... or maybe someone. I shook the thought out of my head and wrapped my arms protectively around myself, looking around in the dark.

I didn't see much as we walked, it was basically an empty, abandoned corridor with a few hospital beds standing against the wall and some of them blocking our way, so we had to move them. Kris and Joon were walking right behind me, just as quiet as the place itself. No one dared to say a word, not even Kibum and Jiyong, who seemed like the toughest out of all of us. But i bet, inside, they were just as scared as the rest of us.

The deeper we walked, the darker and scarier it got. I kept glancing around me, expecting something to come out of the shadows and attack me... or kill me. This was like a nightmare. A nightmare that wouldn't go away by just waking up. A sound came from the rusty pipes, echoing through the whole place, startling me.

I let out a small yelp and unintentionally ran into Jiyong's back. He stopped walking, turned around and looked down at me with those cold eyes that seemed even more dangerous in the dark. I swallowed hard and straightened myself up. "I...i'm sorry".

Everyone had stopped walking, Kibum came back to us, staring at me with a mix of confusion, worry and annoyance. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know," Jiyong tapped his finger against his bottom lip, staring at me. "I think she's frightened".

"Yeah, well, we all are," Kibum snapped at him and looked at me. "Just it up, and let's find those girls before anything else happens".

I nodded at the sudden tone in Kibum's voice. Although i had just met him, it surprised me. He didn't seem like the type of guy who got angry easily, so to have him talk like that was unexpected. "Sorry..." I mumbled again, glancing down at the floor to stop me from looking in every single corner and freak myself out even more. 

Jiyong slowed his pace down, letting Joon and Kris walk past him and in the middle instead. Jiyong walked next to me, tall and broad shoulders. To distract myself, i examined his features. He seemed pretty fit and strong, like he could put up a good fight if anyone threatened him. At least there was one thing reassuring about him.

But he still scared me, eyes ice cold as his mouth was pressed into a thin line, glaring at Joon's back. His face shape and jaw was pretty sharp, with a small hint of bunny cheeks. The products he had used in his blonde hair earlier were starting to go out, his hair was still straight and neat, but with a few hair strands sticking up here and there, but somehow he still looked good. Really good.

Before i would get too distracted in him, i went back to focus on where we were, and what kind of situation we were in. For a second i forgot. Almost. Seriously, i've heard of abandoned hospitals and such, but this was just ridiculously scary. Nothing seemed to be alive in here, except for us, of course.

I tried to picture the place how it would look before it got abandoned, imagining a corridor filled with lights and humam beings talking about such random things like the weather or what they were gonna do when they got home. Just normal human conversation. That's what i missed. 

The pipes made that sound again, only this time much louder and much, much more scarier. I bit my lip and shut my eyes tightly together, failing to hide how scared i was. I made myself as tiny as possible, closing my legs together and lifting my shoulders up, bending my head down.

Couldn't we find these girls soon?! Where the hell were they?! We must have gone through the whole hospital now... maybe they really did find a way out? Or maybe... no, no, no. They found a way out. I wanted to believe that, i really did. But i couldn't. A few whimper noises escaped my mouth, and i quickly shut my mouth tightly together, so i wouldn't let out any more unnecessary sounds that would make Kibum pissed at me again.

Jiyong stopped walking, grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back to him. I yelped and stumbled clumsily over to him, staring up at him with confused and worried eyes. But he was staring right ahead at the others, who was looking at us as well. I stole a quick glance at Kibum, using the sleeve of my jacket to hide half my face in case he would snap at me again.

"Why did you stop?" Kibum walked past Joon and Kris, Joon was still scared and hadn't said much since he found out that the dead guy in the room was real, and murdered, and Kris... well, he said a few words, mostly in Chinese, but no one understood him. 

Kibum looked at Jiyong, frowning. Jiyong was a bit taller than him, staring down at him. I shivered on the inside, glad that i wasn't Kibum at that moment, because in the dark, that looked hella scary.

Jiyong's hand slided down my arm until he reached my hand, clasping our fingers together without taking his eyes off Kibum. "She's scared, man. How about we two go back to the room, wait for you there? Maybe those girls are already there, waiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter