Chapter 3

Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eyes wide open, mouth hanging widely open, a slit throat with a bloody scalpel knife lying next to her head...

Krystal was definitely dead... murdered. We all stood a good, long distance away from her, no one having the guts to walk up to her. Sica was sitting behind us, turned away from the body. Her crying was the only sound that could be heard in the room. Kibum shook his head and frustratingly pulled in his hair, pacing back and forth.

Joon refused to look at the body, he was looking down at his feet, clinking them together over and over. Kris was just speaking random Chinese again and Jiyong was standing right behind me, hands stuffed in his pockets, tugging on his bottom lip. I remembered the note from Jaejoong's body. I hadn't told anyone about it yet, but what if... what if the same person who killed him killed Krystal?

Taking one deep breath, i curled my fists and steadily walked over to the body. I sat down on my knees, this time trying to avoid getting blood on my knees. I checked the pocket of her skirt and... there was a second note. Kibum was next to me in a flash, snatching the note away from me before i could even open it. 

I stood up and glared at him. "Hey! Give it back! I found it first!"

Kibum ignored me, opened the note. His eyes moved down the paper, and he sighed, curling it up and threw it away into the dark, deep corner. I glared at him as i walked over to where he had thrown it, picked it up and walked back to Jiyong. He glanced over my shoulder as i folded the paper up, and read outloud:

 

Who is next?

Kris?
Jiyong?
Nara?
Kibum?
Jessica?
Joon?
Krystal
Jaejoong

 

"What does that mean?" Joon spoke, after not saying anything since he discovered Jaejoong. "We're being killed off after a list, one by one?"

I shrugged, picking up the piece of paper i had in my skirt. I sat down on the floor and folded both out on the ground in front of me, examining both of them. "I found one on Jaejoong's body as well, that's the dead guy's name," I looked up when i saw a shadow fall over me and Kibum was sitting crouched down in front of me, staring at both of them while biting onto his thumb. "He was tortured before he died".

That caught Kibum's attention, and he looked up in surprise. "How do you know that?"

"I found bruises on his neck and chest. Also... someone burned him with a cigarette, and..."

"And?" Jiyong finished, sitting down next to me while my back gently. "It's okay. We're all safe here, no one is gonna hurt us".

"It's pretty clear we are NOT safe anywhere," Kibum snapped at him, glaring at him. "We're locked from the inside, which means someone here is killing us! It could be one of us for all we know!" Kibum looked at me, Jiyong, Sica, who was still crying in the back, Joon who looked even more scared now, and then there was Kris... who was looking so confused, furrowing his eyebrows. "It could be him," Kibum whispered, nodding towards Kris. Me and Jiyong looked at Kris, then back at Kibum with a raised eyebrow.

"Just because he doesn't speak Korean?" I asked, shaking my head. "Unlikely. For all we know, it could be you as well".

"That's crazy, why would i kill someone?" Kibum asked, defending himself.

"Why do people kill people?" Jiyong mumbled as he stood up from the ground, dusting his knees off. "Either one of us are killing each other, or someone else is here in with us".

"Which means..." Kibum sighed and stood up. "We can't trust each other".

I collected the two notes up from the floor, praying silently in my mind that it wouldn't be any more, and folded them, putting them down in the pocket of my skirt again, and stood up. "About Jaejoong... he... eh... oh gosh, how am i gonna say this? He had more blood on him, okay? Here..." I pointed at the zipper area of my skirt, feeling my cheeks turn red. Thank god it was dark, maybe no one would notice? I removed my finger and hid both my hands behind my back, slowly pointing the tip of my shoe down at the floor while looking down. "I didn't check, but i think he... got his... cut off..."

Kibum blinked at me for a few seconds, then his eyes widened. He turned his head towards Krystal's limp body, ran over to it and leaned over her head, staring down at her. All of us went to join him, except Kris and Sica. Kris went over to her and started hugging her. I could see his lips move and he was probably trying to comfort her. That was nice... if she understood what he said. 

I turned around to see what Kibum and the others were looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter