Chapter 4

Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong smiled, sitting down next to me. I looked up at him, and smiled as well. I ripped a piece of the candy bar and handed it over to him. Teasingly, he leaned his head down and opened his mouth. I giggled and put the chocolate piece in his mouth. He chewed, and gave me a thumbs up. 

I glanced over at Kibum, holding my chocolate bar out to him. "You want some?"

"One small piece," He said, staring up at the ceiling. I threw him a small, really small piece, because i was hungry, and i wanted the rest of that damn chocolate bar. After this, i was never going to take food lightly ever again. "Joon?"

Joon smiled, shaking his head. "No, you take it. I can manage for a few more hours," Thank god, i shouted inside! Joon went to lie down on Sica's bed, closing his eyes. Maybe he was tired. What time was it anyway? 1.am? 2? I shrugged, and ate the whole candy bar in one go.

"Hey, Sica," She looked up at Jiyong who had called her name, and he lied down with his head in my lap. I stared down at him, confused. He just smiled cutely at me, before looking back at Sica. "Were you at a Halloween party before you ended up here?"

She nodded, fiddling with her hands. "A friend called me over and invited me to it. I was gonna leave as soon as i saw my sister, but... i woke up here instead".

"I've been wanting to ask you this since the beginning, but why does your sis... eh... i mean, why did your sister hate you?" Kibum asked, looking directly at her. We were all curious about that, so all eyes were on Sica now, except for Joon who were sleeping already. I could tell by his lightly snoring.

"When my parents split up, i got so angry at my dad for what he had done. He was the lawyer to a guy who had a girl a few years ago, and he helped him with just paying a small amount of money. Both me and my mom were so angry, wondering how he could let a guy who had done something so sick, be free to live his life while that girl's life was over. I'm not sure, but i think i read something about her commiting suicide, because she was scared he would come back. Anyway, my sister took my dad's side, and since then... she has always been angry at me," Sica looked down, fiddling with her hands. "I saw my sister for the first time in two years at the Halloween party, and i thought a lot about, you know, trying to get close to her again, but she avoided me, so i was about to leave... and now... i'm never gonna be able to talk to her again," She sniffled, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket.

Jiyong cleared his throat, and continued. "Eh... can you ask Kris as well? If he was there, and why?"

Sica nodded, and through her tears she asked him, trying to sound as normal as possible. They chatted for a few minutes, the three of us just watching them in confusion, waiting for them to be done.

Finally, they stopped talking, and she looked at Jiyong. "He was driving a car when he saw a girl with black hair, standing on the side of the road, trying to fix her car. He stepped out, and went to help her, but she stole his car and drove off, leaving him stranded. So he went to the first house he saw, and there was a Halloween party going on there".

"This is not a coincidence," Kibum muttered and sat up, staring at Jiyong. "You hosted the Halloween party, we were all invited by a friend, or someone else, and Kris got his car stolen. That can't be a coincidence. Something happened at that party and that is the reason why we are all here. We must have been drugged, and then moved here. The last thing i remember doing was getting a black cup with a white scull on the front from this really cute girl who flirted with me," Kibum smiled at the memory, then shook his head and frowned when he remembered where he was. "She must have drugged me..."

"Do you remember anything about her?" Joon asked, now awake. Seriously, when did he wake up? Or... has he been faking sleeping all along? I kept my eyes locked at Joon as Kibum continued,

"I don't know... i remember she had really cute eyes. They were green, in fact. Pretty unique. And pretty. But she just handed me the cup, and then bam, she was gone, and here i am".

"I remember that girl!" I shouted, gasping. "At least i think it was the same girl... she had green eyes, and that is pretty unusual here in Korea. She went up to my boyfriend, and started flirting with him, and then she gave him the same cup with a skull on, just like yours, and then she disappeared. I went to question him about it, but he just brushed it of, and then... he gave the cup to me," I swallowed the lump in my throat, and glanced down at Jiyong who was staring up at me.

"So we were chosen randomly," Kibum sighed and leaned back down. "If it had been a number of specific people, maybe we could solve the mystery as to why we are here".

"So we all recieved a cup from a green eyed girl?" Jiyong looked at Joon, Sica and Kris. Joon and Sica nodded, and Kris nodded as well after Sica had translated for him.

Joon's stomach growled, making all of us look up at him in amusement and laugh. Even Kris laughed. Joon smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter