Chapter 5

Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong walked over to my bed, lied down and gently my back as he put one arm behind his head. "We're not gonne die. If we stick together from now on, he can't kill us, right?"

"I think that was before we figured out who it was," I snapped at him, and shook his arm off me. I didn't mean to snap at him, but... like everyone else would be if they were in a situation like this, i was scared, frightened, and i felt hopeless, because there was nothing i could do to stop it. Jiyong sat up, wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down on the bed with him, covering us both up with a blanket.

He looked up at the others, and gave them a sleepy half smile. "Go to sleep. I don't know whether it is morning, or in the middle of night, but we have been here for at least five hours, so you should all get some rest. I'll keep guard, and wake you up if he shows up".

Sica translated for Kris, and went to sleep next to him under the blanket. Poor Joon was all alone in his bed, but it didn't seem to bother him. His snoring kept me awake, so i turned around and looked at Jiyong instead who was watching me with a smile.

"Sleep," he whispered gently and i shook my head.

"Can't," I whispered back, and so to pass time, we continued whispering to each other. "There's a murderer with us in this building, how can anyone sleep?"

"Well, Joon seems to be doing a good job at it," Jiyong joked, referring to Joon's snoring who got louder each time. I laughed quietly along with him and snuggled closer to him. I sighed, and stared up at his face, half of it covered in darkness and the other half in the light. 

 

I went from gazing lovely at Jiyong's feautures to be awoken by yet another scream, like the first time i woke up in this bed, but this time i wasn't surprised. All i thought about was, who is it this time? That, and where the hell is Jiyong? The bed was empty, to my disappointment.

But when i turned around, so were the other beds as well. Jiyong was gone. Joon was gone. Kris was gone. Sica was gone. Had all of them been killed? Or left? And how long had i been asleep? I jumped out of the bed, walking slowly towards the opening, glancing both ways. "H-hello? Jiyong? Anyone here?"

A loud, familiar high pitched scream echoed through the corridors, and i recognized it right away, because i had heard it once before. Sica! I ran towards the direction, running past all the hospital beds we had pushed to the side earlier as fast as i could. The scream came from the corridor where Jiyong had found that vending machine. 

But instead of walking slowly through the small corridor this time, i ran, even though my legs felt like jelly under me and i wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep. 

The dark corridor came to an end, and i was glad when i saw the familiar light. But the feeling of relief only lasted one second. I could hear Sica screaming louder now, and it was coming from behind a door. I ran past the vending machine, and in front of one of the doors that were closed. Her screaming came from here. I tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. It was locked. From this side.

Nervously, i glanced around to see if Kibum was still lingering around in the corners somewhere with a creepy psycho smile and a knife in his hand. I was startled by Sica's sudden banging on the doors, screaming her head off. I shook my head and looked at the door, tilting my head to the side. Maybe... i could... yeah, maybe... "Hey, Sica! Step away from the door, okay?!" 

Her sobbing voice could be heard through the door, but just barely. "O-okay... Hurry! Joon is in here too, and he... he..." 

"I'm coming, okay!" I lifted my leg and started kicking the door as hard as i possibly could, trying to break it open. On the third try, i managed to kick the door down and i stepped inside, looking around the small room. Sica was sitting far in the corner, leaning her head on the wall, and her shoulders were moving up and down.

She was crying. Again.

I was just about to run over to her when i noticed someone else sitting in the other corner. My first thought was Kibum! But it wasn't... it was Joon. Lifeless. Dead. It was like he was looking right at me, eyes wide open staring right at me. But i could see he was dead from the doorway. I jumped as he suddenly fell forward on the floor, revealing a huge knife that was stabbed deeply into his back. I noticed the tip of it barely sticking out of his chest.

I covered my mouth in shock, and took a step back... into someone. Kibum?! I screamed and turned around in a flash. I raised my hands in the air and curled my fists. It was Jiyong. I relaxed and lowered them as i shook my head, pointing to Joon. "Jiyong... Joon is dead..."

Jiyong lifted his chin up, looking over my head at Joon's limp body, and sighed. "Man... we're being killed one by one here..."

Kris appeared behind him, glancing first at Joon, but then he spotted Sica and ran over to her, wrapping his arms around her. I watched them as i sobbed into my jacket, pulling the collar closer up to my face. Krystal was dead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter