Chapter 1

Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What's going on?!"

My eyes flickered open, adjusting to the dim light from the light bulb hanging from the roof. My senses awoke, and i became aware of the smell, the atmosphere, and the room. It smelled like rotten mold mixed with something... dead. The whole room had the whole 'dead' smell to it, and i had to cover my nose with my sleeve, to try to block the smell away, but it was pointless.

The smell was stronger than my sleeve, and it cut right through it and into my nostrils.

I sat up in the bed, putting my right hand around the bed rail. This was certainly not my bed, and definitely not my room. My room was huge, with a king-size bed, a lovely atmosphere with candles lit everywhere. Also my clothes... they were changed, but how? Who changed my clothes? 

Last thing i wore was the Alice outfit from the game, Madness Returns, and now i was wearing a black skirt, a red hoodie, and black leather shoes.

This room was cramped, yet a lot of things had been placed inside it.

Eight beds, four on each side, and i was in one of them. The six other beds were also occupied by strangers, but the bed closest to the wall on my side was empty. Why that was bothering me, i found out a second later. A girl, blonde, curly hair, wearing the same thing as me, pointing to the floor, screaming and crying, pulling her hair frantically.

On the floor, already starting to rotting away in the pool of blood, was a guy. A dead guy, to be more specific. The lump in my throat got hard to swallow and with a shaky breath, another girl sitting on the bed next to her said, "Shut your goddamn mouth, Sica". The girl stopped screaming immediatley, but her crying didn't stop.

To get my mind off the fact that i was in the same room as a corpse, i decided to take a look at the other people sitting in the beds. On the other side of me, was a guy with brown, soft and straight hair. He was wearing black pants, the same black leather shoes as me, a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket. He caught me staring at him, and flashed me a huge and playful smile. I gave him a small smile back.

The guy next to him had also brown hair, but it was much shorter. He was sitting against the wall, knees up, his eyes closed. He wasn't asleep, but he seemed way too calm for being in this kind of situation. Maybe he was asleep after all... No, his finger tapped against his leg, like he was listening to music, but i couldn't see any ear plugs or anything.

My eyes went over to the other side of the beds across from mine. Next to the blonde girl, Sica, and the one who had told her to shut up, there was a boy. Dark blonde hair, staring at the dead body. He looked confused and lost, like he wasn't sure why he was here.

I'm sure everyone thought like that though, why were we here, and how did we end up here, in a room with a dead body? The last guy was sitting cross legged on his bed, his chin resting in his hand as he swayed his head back and forth a couple of times, looking deeply bored, but he also had this expression that i found hard to read. His eyes were cold and dark, and he just seemed... uninterested in the guy lying a few meters away.

"Hey," I felt someone pull in my sweather from the left side and quickly moved my head towards the guy who had smiled at me. He had leaned over the railing on the bed, smiling. "I'm Joon," He stuck his hand out, and it took me a few seconds before i shook it. "You are?"

"Nara" I eyed him suspiciously, still shaking his hand. How could he be so calm right now? Anyone in their right mind would be at least a little frightened, but this guy... he was way too cheerful. 

"Nara..." He stood up from the bed, and it made a squeaky sound as he did. He sat down on my bed, so close that our legs were touching. He smiled again, and winked at me. "You have a pretty face".

"Eh... thank you..." What the hell is wrong with this guy? Does he not realize what is going on right in front of us?! 

"Who did it?" All our heads snapped toward the source of the voice. It came from the guy sitting far in the corner against the wall on our side, still keeping his eyes closed. 

"What are you talking about? Did what?" The girl next to Sica blurted out, a hint of anger in her voice.

The guy opened his eyes and looked right at her. "Bring that corpse in here." He nodded towards the dead guy without taking his eyes off her. "Who put him in here?"

"Corpse?" Joon mumbled, utterly confused as he furrowed his eyebrows at the guy. And then... he laughed. He put his hand over his stomach, falling back on the bed as he seemed to be having a laughing fit.

Everyone, including me was staring at him like he had escaped from some mental hospital. "What the hell are you laughing at?!" The girl snapped again. Seriously, what was she so pissed about? Whenever she was opening , she always yelled. But i must admit, i wanted to ask Joon the same question. Someone turns up dead, and he's laughing?

Once he had recovered from his extreme laughing fit, he wiped the fake tears from his eyes, still smiling. "This is not a real person," I blinked my eyes, and looked around the room, my eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter