#3. How Did We Go Wrong?

Sorry That I Love You

/ring ring/

Girl 1: “Hello?”

Girl 2: “Well done, princess!”

Girl 1: “What…”

Girl 2: “Everybody in school knows about it now~”

Girl 1: “Oh…really? (Talking out of tiredness and sadness)”

Girl 2: “We acknowledge your power now /laughs/. You might want to end this. J Finish it by bringing us the proof.”

Girl 1: “Look, I’m really tired. I’m going back to sleep now. Goodnight!”

 

………………………………….………………………………….………………………………….………………………..

Prom night is next week. Everybody has a date. Luhan still hasn’t asked Jane yet; he’s still unsure and scared. “What if she doesn’t agree to be my date? L” He’s talking to himself. “Impossible! She will agree! I think she likes me, too!” He doesn’t know what to do.

 

Jane doesn’t look fine today. She seems ill and unhappy. Luhan stops talking to himself and walks up to her; he’s very worried.

“You look pale. Are you alright? Don’t tell me you were up all night to watch your drama /laughs/”

Jane smiles dryly and doesn’t say anything.

“I was kidding. :(” Luhan changes his expression immediately as he thinks she might be offended. 

“I know, silly. I know /coughs/”

Luhan heard her coughing and gets very concerned. He puts his palm up her forehead to feel the warmth.

“Whao! It’s hot! You’re sick! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’m fine, lulu jjang ^^”

“No, you’re not! :( Let me take you back home! You might want to rest.”

 

Jane suddenly changes her facial expression; she somehow looks…annoyed.

“When I say I’m okay, I’m okay. I can take care of myself. Please go finish your own tasks. I really don’t need people to be so nice to me. I DO NOT DESERVE IT!” Jane shouted, leaving Luhan speechless and sad. This is the Jane that Luhan has never seen before.

 

He lets her go anyways. “Did I do something wrong? :(” he whispers. “Maybe because she’s sick and therefore, not in the good mood. Right, she’s not in a good mood. I shouldn’t bother her. ^^”

………………………………….………………………………….………………………………….………………………..

After class:

Luhan and Jane are now walking home together. The weather is great today! But something is not right. It’s a bit awkward as Jane doesn’t feel really good. They’re crossing the road while the car is driving so fast towards them! It looks as if it is going to hit them but Luhan quickly jumps to Jane in order to get her out of the way. He hugs her so hard because he’s afraid she might get injured. Luhan’s hand is wounded and he’s bleeding. Jane is crying in fear~

 

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS, IDIOT! WHAT IF THE CAR HIT YOU? WHY WOULD YOU SAVE ME? DIDN’T YOU EVEN THINK OF YOUR LIFE! WHYYYYY??!!! WHAT IF YOU REALLY DIED? WHAT WAS I TO DO?” she’s shouting so hard at Luhan, crying and hitting his chest softly. She then hugs him as if he’s going to leave her soon. Luhan smiles at her warmly and says, “What are you crying for? Why are you so mad at me?” Jane stops hugging him and starts to blame him again.

“HOW DARE YOU? WHY ARE YOU EVEN SMILLING?”

“Relax! Take me to the hospital first T^T”

 

………………………………….………………………………….………………………………….………………………..

At the hospital:

 

Jane is sitting by Luhan’s bed, holding his hand, looking worried.

 

Jane: “Can I ask you something?”

Luhan: “Hmm?”

Jane: “Why would you go this far for me?”

Luhan: “Why not?”

Jane: “Idiot! Tell me properly…”

Luhan: “I didn’t think before doing it. I just did it. What’s the meaning of life when you’re not around? It’s funny how you have changed my life. I wasn’t like this before. What have you done to me, Jane?”

Luhan asked softly while looking into her eyes, closely. Jane’s eyes are filled with tears. But she doesn’t cry. She looks away and doesn’t say anything. Luhan smiles and closes his eyes to rest.

Jane whispers: “You shouldn’t have done this. Now…how am I supposed to leave you…?”

Luhan: “Umm? Did you say something?”

Jane: “Nothing. You should rest now. J”

Luhan: “Let’s go to the Park when I’m okay to walk.”

Jane: “Alright, lulu jjang.”