#5. The End of Us

Sorry That I Love You

Jane, who hasn’t gone to school for a week, has no idea either about what’s been going on at school. She locks herself in her room. She’s in pain, too. Not sure if she’s hurt because she’s guilty or she’s hurt because of something else.

 

Luhan texted her:

“Jane. Can we meet at the park?”

Jane is surprised. But she agrees to go anyway.

………………………………….………………………………….………………………………….………………………..

At the park:

 

It’s raining heavily and Luhan is still standing in the park, waiting for her arrival.

Jane has finally arrived, holding the umbrella on her right hand.

 

“Why are you standing in the rain?” She looks worried. She walks toward Luhan and shares the umbrella with him.

 

“Thanks for sharing your umbrella with me. But I don’t see the point why you should…because I’m already soaked with rain. With or without umbrella, it makes no difference.” He looks so spiritless!

 

“Why do you sound so weird? Let’s talk inside the coffee shop nearby!” She grabs his hand, trying to pull him away, but he doesn’t follow. He takes her hand off of his hand with the saddest face she has ever seen.

 

“Lulu, what happened?” She started crying.

 

“Is that true?”

 

“What?”

 

 

“The news….is it true?”

 

“What news? Lulu, I have been home for a week! I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

Luhan smiles and replies coldly, “You’re good. At everything. I wonder if lying and pretending is your number 1 skill.”

 

Jane is shocked. She thinks that Luhan might have known the truth.

 

“Luhan, I….”

 

“You made me fall in love with you only to win the bet…”

Jane starts crying so hard, “Luhannn…I can explain! Please listen to me! I can explain!”

 

“Alright. Explain…”

 

Jane couldn’t explain…

 

“EXPLAIN TO ME!!!” He shouted.

 

Luhan is furious now. He shakes her shoulder so hard, asking her for answers.

Jane still couldn’t speak a word. She knows she’s wrong.

 

“I love you, Jane. I really do. What did I do to deserve this? Why would you do this to me?”

It’s the first time that Luhan has ever cried this hard.

 

“Let’s consider today our last day together. The last day talking to each other. The last day that I say…I love you.”

Finishing his sentence, Luhan walks away, crying so hard but no one can tell because it’s raining.

 

Jane falls on her knees; she’s in shocked; in pain; in guilt. She almost couldn’t breathe. She’s crying and screaming at the same time. This is not Jane we used to know. This is a girl with a loving heart.