Passing Over The Thousandth Night

The Train to [the After] Life
XSYKOTICA








In this broad world, I can’t express the joy of encountering you with words So we smile, sing about the vividly passing autumn. Turn our backs on winter, wait for the sunlight streaming through trees in spring And become reborn anew, so that we can protect someone
“Nam Woohyun right?” Sungjong smiled warmly as he stared at the new passenger walking into The Train’s entrance.

“Yeah…that’s me,” The new passenger, Nam Woohyun, nodded as he stared around the seats of the interior of the train. He chuckled dryly. “Did I miss the party or something?”

Sungjong chuckled lightheartedly as Woohyun seated himself on one of the seats. “Well…I guess we’re the only one’s here, huh?”

“Yes,” Sungjong nodded as Woohyun looked at him.

“Hey, will you hear my story?”  Woohyun asked as Sungjong smiled.

“I would love to hear your story,” Sungjong agreed. “I find it refreshing when my passengers offer to tell me their story rather than having me forcing it out of them.”

Woohyun let out a hearty laugh as he shook his head. “Yeah, some people tell me I’m too talkative for my own good.” Woohyun smiled as he looked out of the window and watched as the scenery melted away. “You know I came from a place where the stars shine brighter than the city lights.”

Sungjong tilted his head to the side in confusion. “The stars must’ve been really bright then.”

Woohyun chucked dryly as he shook his head. “No not the actual stars but I meant the stars that light up the stages, artists I mean.”

Sungjong let out e drawn ‘oh’ as he nodded. “So were you one of those stars?”

Woohyun let out a laugh and tilted his head up, staring at The Train’s ceiling. “Not just one of the stars, I was the best.” Woohyun stated proudly. “But…I messed up.”

“We all do,” Sungjong comforted but Woohyun just shook his head.

“Nah, I’ve messed up more than once in the past but really the last one was the best and the worst,”

“How so?”

Woohyun tore his gaze from the ceiling and stared at Sungjong. He then patted the seat next to him, motioning for Sungjong to take a seat. Sungjong waved off his offer and continued to stand. Woohyun chuckled lightly.

“Okay, I met a person that wanted my heart,” Woohyun started as a small side smile passes his lips. “Though we met in the worst of conditions.”

“Why is that?” Sungjong asked as Woohyun bit his lower lip, his eyes starting to water a bit.

“We met,” Woohyun took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself and retell his tale as best as he could.  “When I tried to kill myself.”



Two more chapters and we're done :3