Timeless

The Train to [the After] Life
XSYKOTICA








You can't leave me. Stay here even if it's hard. If I can see you just a bit more. I'd smile for the amount of love left. I'll be leaving with the world. But will sadness also go with me?. You call for me for you are yearning. I will only leave scars on the door to your heart. Will I know after I swallow the tears. Hold my hand so I can't leave.
Sungjong smiled warmly as he welcomed the next passenger into the train.

“Welcome!” He shouted, his voice happy. “And you are?”

“Jang Dongwoo,” Sungjong nodded and double checked his passenger’s book. “Good! Just in time.”

Dongwoo nodded and entered The Train’s doorways. He immediately assessed the surrounding and saw that no one, except Sungjong and him, were on the train.

“Why are the seats all empty?” Dongwoo asked as he took a seat.

Sungjong smiled warmly but didn’t answer the question as he looked out of the window. The Train was already starting to make its destination and Dongwoo, curious as to what the black-haired male was looking at, decided to look out of the window too. He saw endless of stretch of green fields but even then Dongwoo knew what it was.

“We’re leaving my home,” Dongwoo lamented sadly as Sungjong nodded.

“We’re leaving the land where the wind never blows.”

Dongwoo looked up at Sungjong and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “Where did you hear that?”

Sungjong turned his attention away from the scenery and stared at Dongwoo. “From my previous passengers.”

“We’re they all young?”

Sungjong nodded. “Too young for my tastes.”

“Ah…” Dongwoo nodded with a solemn smile. “That would explain it.”

“Explain what?”

“They’re too young to know the spirit of the land,” Dongwoo elaborated as he stared down on the plush red carpets and smiled. “True, the wind doesn’t blow as quite often as we like it too but it does pass by once in a while.”

“When does that happen?”

Dongwoo smiled and looked up at Sungjong, a forlorn look on his face. “When someone dies.”

Sungjong’s eyes widened as Dongwoo smiled sadly.

He stared out of the window once again, his homeland already disappearing from his view, and closed his eyes as he tried to remember something important—something magical.

“Because the wind only comes around to say goodbye.”