Train Stop #2

The Train to [the After] Life
XSYKOTICA








Train Stop #2

That was noble of you,” Sungjong commented as he stared at Dongwoo. Dongwoo in turn smiled up at him and shrugged.

“Was it?” Dongwoo asked as he turned his eyes to the window. “Wow…that’s beautiful.”

Sungjong turned his eyes to the window and smiled even though all he could see was a stretch of green grass. He turned to Dongwoo and his eyes widened for a bit when he saw Dongwoo starting to tear up.

“Are you alright?” Sungjong asked as Dongwoo nodded.

“I don’t know why I’m tearing up,” Dongwoo said as he stood up from his seat, rocking a bit from the momentum of The Train starting to slow down. “It’s just so beautiful.”

“I’m glad you like it,” Sungjong said as he watched Dongwoo approach the exit. “It’s where you’re stopping.”

“Am I going to meet Howon?” Dongwoo asked, never taking his eyes off of the exit’s door.

“I don’t know,” Sungjong said. “I’m merely a train conductor,”

“You know,” Dongwoo turned around and stared at Sungjong. “I’m starting to think you know more than you let on.”

Sungjong smirked. “Do I?”

Dongwoo chuckled and shook his head. “Never mind,” He turned back to the window and frowned. “I don’t see Howon…in fact…my vision is starting to blur.”

“You should go now, Dongwoo.” Sungjong encouraged as Dongwoo nodded. He took small tentative steps towards the exit and his body slowly started to disappear from the blinding white light.

Sungjong smiled as he tipped his hat forward and watched the door slowly starting to close. The Train signaled its departure with a long drawn out whistle, the engines starting to come alive.

Sungjong pulled out his passenger’s book and scratched out Jang Dongwoo’s name.

“One last passenger left,” Sungjong said to himself as he stared out of the windows, the scenery slowly starting to dissolve and recreate itself into a new scenery.

“One more passenger,” Sungjong nodded as a relived sigh left his lips. “And I’m done.”

He looked out of the window, a sad smile touching his lips. “I’m finally done.”