Chapter Seven

A Matter of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Dongwoo’s POV)
Over the next week, Dongwoo began to get better. He had returned home the morning after the accident, and had spent that time resting. This also gave him time to think about the situation between himself, Jinyoung and Sandeul. He couldn’t stop thinking about how emotional Sandeul had become when he had seen him in the hospital. His actions spoke volumes, and Dongwoo was beginning to think that Sandeul may be in love with him. That was something he would need to give some thought. He didn’t want to hurt one of his best friends, but it also got him to thinking. Would it really be so bad if he let Sandeul fall for him? What would it be like? Dongwoo surprised himself with that thought. He had never thought of his friend in a ual way, but it really didn’t feel that bad. Sandeul was cute, talented, sweet and an amazing friend. The same went for Jinyoung…whom he did have feelings for. 

Sighing, he flipped through his phone, texting them both. 

‘Thank you for sticking with me through my injury and getting me to safety. I couldn’t ask for better friends. Saranghae.’

He received a reply from reply from Jinyoung almost immediately. ‘Of course. That’s what friends do for one another. I know you would have done the same thing for me. Saranghaeyo, hyung. Would you and Sandeul like to go to dinner with me tonight? It would be nice to get out and have some time to really get to know one another.’

Dongwoo smiled, blushing. ‘That would be nice. What time are you free?’ 

Jinyoung replied. ‘I get off of work at 5:00, so we could go at, say…6:00? What do you say?’

Dongwoo nodded, even though Jinyoung couldn’t see him over the phone. ‘That sounds great. Do we want to invite the other two?’

‘No. They can find something to do. This’ll be our time together.’

Dongwoo cocked his head. The way he had said that seemed…intimate. ‘What’s the reason for this? Just a friendly dinner?’

Jinyoung smiled as he replied. ‘Yup. A friendly dinner.’

Dongwoo looked confused, but also curious. ‘Well, I’ll pay. That way, we can go wherever we want to go.’

‘Okay. Thank you, hyung.’ Jinyoung replied. ‘I need to get ready for work, so I’ll talk to you later. Please let adorable Sandeul know we are all going out this evening.’

‘Adorable Sandeul, huh? Okay.’

‘Yeah. He’s a cutie.’ Jinyoung replied. ‘I think this’ll be a good opportunity for us to connect…like we were supposed to do on the ski trip.’

Dongwoo nodded. ‘Yeah. Sounds great. I’ll let you go, so you can get to work.’

 

 

(Jinyoung’s POV)

That evening, Dongwoo and Sandeul met Jinyoung at the restaurant. While Jinyoung sat in his car waiting, he began thinking of his plan. This was going to be good. 

When they got there, he smiled at them both. “It’s nice to see yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter