Chapter One

A Matter of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(Jinyoung's POV)   Jinyoung unlocked the door, sighing deeply. He was exhausted, and all he wanted to do was fall into bed. His boyfriend was probably already there, sleeping soundly. Making his way up the stairs, he froze when he heard a shushing sound from inside the room. Opening the door, he saw his boyfriend in bed...with another guy beside him. All feelings of fatigue turned to anger as he stormed out of the apartment. There was nothing to say, and he noticed that his boyfriend...ex-boyfriend...didn't even go after him. That showed just how much he cared. He would rather some little than have a real relationship. He had just thrown it all out the window.    Fumbling with his keys, Jinyoung left quickly. He texted his friend, Dongwoo as he drove, hoping he would still be awake. He needed somewhere to stay.    When he got there he was welcomed in, but neither of them spoke. Dongwoo simply offered him a beer, taking his ever present glasses off and setting them beside the television.   Jinyoung shook his head, feeling tears stinging his eyes. What had gone wrong? His boyfriend of three years was cheating on him...Dongwoo had told him a few weeks ago that the bastard was cheating, but Jinyoung had been too blind to see it. Now he felt like a stupid fool for falling for the same lies during their fights time after time and not listening to his best friend. Instead he had gotten mad at his friend, in favor of his boyfriend.   Turning to Dongwoo, Jinyoung offered a weak, watery smile. "How is it that you're always right?" Leaning into Dongwoo's side, he began to feel the effect of the alcohol in his system as he drifted off to sleep. They hadn't said much, but it hadn't been needed. Dongwoo had just been the same as always; the friend that had his back, no matter what.     Dongwoo shook his head. "I don't want to talk about who's right or wrong here. He was the one that was wrong for cheating on you, and you deserve much better. Just relax and stay where you are, okay? This is a safe place for you."   Jinyoung nodded, smiling. He was tired and mentally exhausted. Squeezing Dongwoo's hand, he let himself fall completely into the darkness of sleep.   Dongwoo smiled sadly as he picked his friend up and carried him to the guest room. He needed to sleep this off, and Dongwoo would deal with the bastard that had broken Jinyoung's heart himself. Right now, he needed to take care of his friend. Pulling the blanket up, he turned off the light and went to his own bedroom.    However, it took a while for him to fall asleep. Jinyoung's broken heart was bothering him. It felt as if his own heart was being ripped out and he wasn't sure if he could take it.    

 

As time went by, Jinyoung began to see that leaving his cheating boyfriend was the best thing he could have done. He was happier, once he got over the initial heartache that came with the breakup. He found a place with a friend of his, Gongchan. He was younger than Jinyoung by two years, but they were very close. He always seemed to know what to say without prying, so was the perfect choice for a roommate...next to Dongwoo, who would have been his first choice. Dongwoo already had enough roommates. Jinyoung didn't want to be a pain and ask him, so he was moving in with Gongchan.    Two months after leaving, Jinyoung saw Gongchan in the living room. He had just hung up his phone and looked very excited. "What's up?" he asked tentatively.    Gongchan's dark eyes were very bright. "There's going to be a pool party at a friend's house and I was wondering if you wanted to go. Of course you can invite Dongwoo," Gongchan grinned at him, showing his scary aegyo. It had never been his strong point.   Jinyoung sighed. He really didn't want to go to a party, but he would for Gongchan's sake. "Okay," he answered quietly. "I'll invite Dongwoo."   Gongchan bounded off the couch, full of energy. "Cool! I can't wait! It'll be this weekend."   Jinyoun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter