Chapter 7

GucciPanda has commented on your blog

Today was the day.

Kris, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun all sat in the living room waiting for the knock to come. Luhan told Kris that he was ten minutes away, but that was ten minutes ago. He would be here any sec- ding dong~. Kris jumped up and raced to the door with the couple following shortly behind him. Kris was excited.

He hadn't seen Luhan in person for so long that it almost made him jump in place. He pulled the door open, and he bursted into a large smile.

"Hyung!" He hugged the shorter male, who hugged back.

"Kris~! I missed you so much~"

Kris smiled widely, "I missed you too!"

They hugged tightly. Sehun walked in awkwardly, passing Luhan.

He bowed to Chanyeol and Baekhyun and smiled, "It's nice to meet you two. I'm Sehun. Thanks for letting us stay here."

Baekhyun eye smiled, "You're very welcome. Luhan and now you are welcomed anytime."

Sehun nodded, "I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure we'll get along well."

The two smiled back at him as the two brothers finally disconnected their hug. It was going to be an eventful month. They could all feel it.

 

 

---

 

 

"So how long have you two been dating?" Chanyeol asked Luhan and Sehun.

"Almost two years." Luhan smiled as he entwined his fingers with his boyfriend's.

"Wow. I'm happy you found someone who likes you for you then." Baekhyun gave him a thumbs up. Luhan giggled.

Everything was happy.

 

 

---

 

 

A couple days passed and Kris talked to Tao, but the other knew Luhan was there so he gave Kris space. Kris tried to help him out at night when everyone was sleeping though. Tao was still scared. His bullies hadn't touched him since, but he was still frightened.

"I love you, Tao. It really hurts to see you in pain everyday." Kris admitted as he had the urge to the beautiful face that was on the screen.

"I love you too, Kris. Every day I just wish for you to save me from this nightmare." Tao looked down as he finished.

"When we meet, whenever we do, I'm going to make you feel more than just wanted."

Tao blushed.

"I'm going to kiss you and hug you... I'm going to take you out on dates. We're going to cuddle like normal couples who have been dating for months."

Tao pressed his fingers to his eyes as he in air. He sighed as he looked into the camera again. "I really want you to be here."

Kris gave him sad smile, "I want to be there too. I just want to give you the love you deserve."

Tears slipped down Tao's cheeks as he faintly smiled, "You always know what to say to make me feel wanted."

"That's because you are wanted, Tao."

The said one looked at the ground and smiled, "Thank you."

Kris nodded, "I love you. I just want you to be happy." They looked at each other before smiling slightly.

 

 

---

 

 

A week passed quickly. Kris woke up Luhan from his slumber on the couch. The elder was slightly grumpy due to not getting a full night's rest. "Come on, hyung. I'm taking you out for breakfast/lunch. Just me and you."

-

"Are you happy I woke you up now?" Kris smiled as Luhan bounced in his seat. The two were at a restaurant where they only sold pancakes and waffles. Luhan, being an idol, hadn't actually eaten that kind of stuff in a while.

"Yes~! You know I love pancakes!"

Kris nodded as he laughed, "I know, I know!" They looked through their menu as they smiled brightly.

-

"I was thinking about taking you to my work after this." Kris said as he poked a pancake piece with his fork.

"Where do you work?" Luhan questioned.

"I work at a bookshop. It's small, and we don't get a lot of customers."

The older thought for a moment before nodding, "Well then sure. I want to check it out."

Kris smiled, "Great."

-

Kris pushed open the store's door, making the bell ding.

The person at the front desk looked up from his book, "Good morn- oh, Kris?" Jongdae tilted his head. "I thought you said you wanted the day off?"

Kris nodded, "I did, and still do. I wanted to bring my brother here though since he's in town."

Luhan stepped foreword and bowed, "It's nice to meet you."

Jongdae studied the eldest's face before his eyes slightly widened, "Wait... Aren't you Luhan? The singer?"

The said one's own eyes widened, "You know me?"

Jongdae laughed, "Oh do I!" This was a surprise to Kris as well.

"I'm Jongdae by the way." Luhan nodded. "Anyway, my boyfriend is a really big fan of yours. You're basically his role model."

Kris rose an eyebrow, "How come Minseok never talked about this?"

The younger shrugged, "I'm guessing because he doesn't like to talk about it because it scares people away. I personally find it really cute when he sings along to your songs whenever they come on the TV or radio."

Luhan blushed, "Wow, I didn't realize I had fans like that."

Jongdae chuckled, "Why wouldn't you?"

"We'll I'm not exactly as popular as Big Bang or SNSD." Luhan admitted as he scratched his head.

"Well, does that really matter?" Jongdae smiled. He signaled them to follow him to the back room with the chairs. They sat down. He continued, "I think the artist with the smaller amount of fans are better. Their fans care for and love them more to make up for the little amount of fans they actually have. So even though you don't have many fans, you're fans care a lot about you."

Luhan sat there for a moment before he smiled shyly, "I've never thought about that... Thank you."

The younger nodded. Kris looked at his brother. He could see the happiness rushing through his eyes. "Would you like to meet your number one fan? I'm sure he would like to meet you." Luhan nodded. Jongdae pulled his phone out, dialed a number, and put it on speaker.

"Ring... Ring... Rin- Hello?"

"Minseok hyung."

"Yes?"

"I have a surprise. Guess who I'm with right now."

"Who?"

"Luhan."

"... Yah! Don't say that to me, you troll!"

"No, no. I'm serious!"

"Don't lie to me, Jongdae!"

The younger rolled his eyes as he gave Luhan his phone.

The man hesitated, but spoke, "Hi, Minseok. It's nice to meet you."

There was a pause before Minseok squeaked, "Lu-Luhan!?"

"It's me, Minseok."

"Oh-Oh my god!"

Jongdae laughed out loud at his boyfriend's spazzing. He spoke out towards the phone, "Hyung, come to my store and you can meet him in person!"

The line hung up before the other could even reply. Jongdae laughed as he took his phone back. "Oh man, you're about to make his year." Luhan smiled at the words. Kris smiled as well. He liked it when his hyung was happy like this.

-

The two walked home in silence. Luhan had a bright smile still on his lips. "Thank you so much, Kris. I'm really glad you took me to your work. Meeting a big fan of mine gave me a lot of hope."

Kris smiled, "You're welcome, hyung. I'm proud of where you are in your life. You're living your dreams and doing well as you do so."

Luhan quickly hugged the taller male, "You're seriously the best brother anyone could ever have."

This made the younger smile. He was proud that he made his brother feel happy while he was staying over. They pulled away and continued on walking, "Let's go back to my house. Dinner might be finished now and Chanyeol and Baekhyun are amazing cooks."

Luhan smiled and nodded, "Let's go then."

-

"Wow! Kris wasn't lying when he said you two are good cooks!" Luhan smiled when he swallowed his food. Sehun nodded in agreement.

"Oh, thanks. We've definitely improved our skills since the last time you've been here." Baekhyun scratched his head awkwardly.

"Let's not go out anymore like we did all last week. Let's just stay here for dinner." Sehun chuckled.

The whole table laughed at his suggestion. That's when Kris's phone vibrated. He sneakily pulled it out and looked at it. Tao had messaged him. He opened the message.

GucciPanda: Get on.

Kris bit his lip. Kris wanted to spend this time together with his family and friends. Tao could wait, right? He closed his phone and laughed as Baekhyun finished telling a story about awkward Chanyeol. Chanyeol frowned. "Well that's nothing compared to what Sehunnie did. One time-" Luhan talked on about a time before when Kris's phone vibrated again. He looked down at it again.

GucciPanda: Kris, please.

He closed it once again. He looked up and listened to his brother speak. That's when it shook again. He sighed as he pulled out his phone and didn't care if the others saw it. He read the message.

GucciPanda: KRIS! GET ON! PLEASE!

Worry and regret struck him. Why would Tao ever use caps? He stood up making the other four look at him. "I'm sorry." He bowed, "I need to do something. I'll finish my food later." He didn't give them time to respond and raced into his room. He closed the door and his laptop. He quickly video chatted his boyfriend.

When the screen showed the younger, he was going to apologize, but Tao spoke first.

"KRIS! HELP ME!"

"What's happening?!"

Tao pulled his wrist in front of the camera. Blood was falling down it quickly.

Kris felt a pain spread through him.

"I CUT A VEIN!"

The world froze.

Kris couldn't tell from just seeing the cut.

"I'm so sorry, Kris! My bullies! It wasn't just the leader this time, Kris!" Tao cried into his hands, "THEY ALL ME! I WANTED TO DIE! KRIS! I'M SCARED! I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU!"

Kris felt tears fall slip down, "Tao, call the ambulance!"

"But Kris-"

"Don't! Call the ambulance right now! It's the only way for you to survive this!"

Tao bursted into tears as he nodded and grabbed his phone. He dialed and pressed it to his ear,

"... Please help me! I tired to commit suicide, and I'm regretting it! I'm on the verge of dying!..."

He gave them his address then hung up.

"They said they-they'll be here in about ten minutes."

Kris nodded as he placed the folded paper aside, "Just breathe, ok? You're going to make it."

"You're mad at me, aren't you?"

"... I'm not mad... But I'm disappointed in you."

"I didn't want to ask you for help though."

"Why not, Tao? Resorting to cutting just because you didn't want to ask me is not okay. You're suppose to talk to me-"

"Because your brother is in town... You said you were going to take him around today..."

Kris felt his heart clench as Tao spoke the words quietly.

"Tao... No matter what I tell you... You're more important to me than anyone else in this world. If you need help, I'm here. You know that."

"I know... I'm so sorry, Kris."

"I love you, Tao. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

 They sat there in silence before Tao's room door was banged on.

"I love you! Don't forget it!" Kris told him.

The boy nodded sluggishly due to losing so much blood before they both shut they laptops. Kris sat there rethinking over everything that happened.

His boyfriend had attempted suicide.

His boyfriend had attempted suicide.

He wanted to scream and cry. Instead he he stood up, walked over to his bed, and fell on to it. He closed his eyes and wished for sleep to cover him.

He wanted to pretend nothing ever happened.

He wanted to pretend.

 

 

---

 

 

The next day, Kris was woken up by his phone vibrating. He groggily stood up and searched for it only to realize it was in his pants. He pulled it out and saw D.O had messaged him. He then remembered that Tao was sent to the hospital. He opened the message quickly. He prayed for it to be a good message.

Desolation27: Tao called me to come to the hospital last night after he was inside the building. I've been here all night.

icanfly: Well, how is he?

Desolation27: He's asleep.

Before Kris could reply, D.O messages again.

Desolation27: And they don't know when or if he'll wake up.

Kris froze.

"No... No... No, please."

Desolation27: Last night they gave him medicine, but his body reacted poorly to them and put him into a coma.

icanfly: You're sure about this?

Desolation27: Yes. That's what they told me.

Kris bit his lip. They didn't know if he'd wake up or not. He couldn't breathe. The thought of Tao dying made him panic. He couldn't do anything. Tears fell as he tried to gain his breath back. He looked at the clock. It was around lunch time. He needed to ask. He knew he was awake. He needed to ask him.

He bit his lip as he tried again to keep his tears back. He couldn't. It was worthless to try. He stood up and headed out his door. He walked out to see the view of the kitchen and living room. Luhan and Sehun were in the living room while Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in the kitchen.

At the sound of a door opening, Luhan looked towards him. His eyes widened when he saw the puffy eyes and tears. Kris headed into the kitchen. "Chanyeol." The said one along with Baekhyun looked at him. Their eyes widened in surprise when they too saw the tears. "I need money." Kris spoke.

Chanyeol rose an eyebrow, "How much?"

"400 dollars."

The younger looked to see if he was joking. He wasn't. "Kris... I don't... have that much to give away... I'm sorry."

The tears came quicker. If Tao died before they could even meet, he would never live the same afterwards. He slowly turned around.

What was he going to do?

He walked out of the kitchen and to his room. He closed the door and rested against it.

What was he going to do?

He slid to the ground as he cried into his knees.

What the was he going to do?

That's when a knock on his door was heard. "Kris?" It was Luhan. He scooted up slightly to let his brother inside. Once he was in, he closed the door and rested against it again. Luhan sat down in front of him. "What's wrong?" He asked cautiously. Kris debated whether or not he should tell him.

He settled for Luhan knowing, since it was better than him not knowing, "I need money."

"Why?"

"I need to buy a plane ticket."

"Where are you going?"

"Back to China."

"Why?"

He didn't answer. He gulped.

"Tao is there..."

"... Is Tao your boyfriend?"

"Yes..."

"Why are you crying then? Why do you need to go there so urgently?”

He didn't reply.

"Kris, please tell me. I'm here for you to vent. You know I'll listen."

He bit his lip.

"He... He tried to commit suicide yesterday. I made him go to the hospital. The doctors said he fell into an coma, and don't know if he'll wake up or not.

Luhan stared at him before grabbing his hand. His fingers gave it a little massage. "I'm not supposed to give anyone that much money without telling my company, but... You need it more than I do. I'm going to give you enough money for you to go and take him back with you. You two deserve to be together."

Kris could feel his heart stop. "You... You're kidding... Right?"

Luhan grabbed his wallet out of his pants, "Why would I be?" He pulled out his card, "Here. Buy the tickets. Buy first class, ok?"

Kris hesitantly took it, "Lu-Luhan... Thank you... Thank you so much."

The elder pulled him into a hug, "You're welcome."

-

 

Kris bought the tickets. He'd leave tomorrow afternoon. He sat at his desk, holding paper in his hands. The paper had Tao's address written down on it. Kris had written it down when Tao was speaking to the hospital on the phone. He was worried.

Questions ran through his mind, "Will he ever wake up...? Will he be okay...?"

He hoped and prayed that Tao would be okay and would wake up soon.

 

 

---

 

 

"Thank you again, Luhan." Kris said as he looked at his brother. They were inside the airport. They were standing in front of where Kris would leave. His plane was boarding.

"I told you, Kris. I'd do anything for you to be happy." They embraced each other in a hug.

Kris whispered, "I love you."

Luhan hugged him tighter, "I love you too."

They pulled away, and Kris waved as he headed to his gate. He bit his lip as he gave the man his ticket. He was going to finally see Tao. It was finally going to happen. He felt overwhelmed with joy as he sat down and looked out of the window.

He was ready.

 

 

---

 

 

"Kris!" The man turned around as he heard his name. D.O was waving at him. He put his phone in his pocket and waved back as he walked over to him. D.O took his suitcase and they headed into the car, D.O's car.

"Thank you, D.O."

"Oh, just call me Kyungsoo."

"Okay then. Thank you, Kyungsoo."

"You're welcome. I didn't want you to get lost or anything."

They began driving off. They stopped at a hotel to check in and put his suitcase and things inside. They then drove to the hospital.

It was an understatement to say Kris was nervous.

"So he's still not awake yet?"

"Not yet. The doctors have no idea when he will either. I'm sure he'll wake up soon though. Tao is strong. You and I both know that."

Kris nodded in agreement as he turned to look out the window.

"He's a fighter. He can fight the death demon away. I know it."

They arrived to the QingDao hospital not long after. When they headed up to Tao's room, Kris had to do breathing exercises to calm himself down. They were so close to each other and getting closer. They finally stopped at the room door. Kris swallowed the nervous feeling away, but it came back anyway.

Kyungsoo opened the door and stepped inside. Kris took one step and looked at the bed. He broke down. Tears came down as he grabbed the doorframe to help keep him up. Tao was laying on the bed looking peaceful as he slept. Tao was more beautiful in person than he ever thought was possible. He tried to walk in and over to the bed. Kyungsoo had to help him.

When he touched the bed, he gasped. ". . ." He repeated as he got a close up of his boyfriend's bruised face. He grabbed the boy's hand and dropped to his knees. He cried as he held his hand, ". I love you. I love you. I love you." Kyungsoo slowly walked out of the room giving them alone time. "Please wake up. I love you so much, Tao. I love you so ing much."

 

 

---

 

Kris stared at the cuts along the boy's arm. They made him feel sick. He wanted to kiss Tao for every single one that was there tainting his skin. He pressed a gentle kiss to the wrist. He wished for him to wake up soon.

 

 

---

 

 

Kris stared at Tao's shoulder. It was covered in bruises. They made him want to tear apart whoever did this to his boyfriend. He wanted Tao to be safe. Safe in his arms. He pressed his lips to the bruises. He wished for him to wake up soon.

 

 

---

 

 

Kris stared at the younger's neck. Hickies were covering it. It gave Kris a heavy pain in his chest. He knew that the hickies were forced and that's what made it a lot more worse for him. He softly kissed the skin once before pulling away. He wished for him to wake up.

 

 

---

 

 

Kris stared at the male's cheek. It had a scratch that was slowly healing. Kris assumed it was Tao's dad's fault. It made him want to cry. How could a father hurt his own son like that? He kissed the scar. He wished for him to wake up.

 

 

---

 

 

Kris stared at the other's lips. They were chapped and cut. Kris wondered why they were like that. Maybe Tao couldn't get access to a chapstick? Tao had probably bitten his lips so much that they got hurt. He sighed as he thought about that. He slowly pressed his own lips to the other's. It was only for a mere second, but it was still a kiss.

Kris had been waiting to kiss him since they started dating really. He felt sad that Tao wasn't awake for it. He wished for him to wake up. He sat back in his seat as he stared at the sleeping boy. He frowned as he realized it's been a week since he's been here, and he hasn't checked his phone once. Everyone was probably extremely worried.

He grabbed his phone and turned it on. He had twenty missed calls and thirty-five texts. The calls were mainly from Luhan and Baekhyun. The texts were mainly from Luhan. He sighed as he began reading the texts. Luhan wanted to know how he was. He wanted to know how Tao was. He wanted to know if Tao had woken up. He wanted to know if he forgot his phone somewhere.

He wanted to know a lot of things. That's when he heard a soft chuckle. He froze. Kyungsoo had left a little bit ago. He slowly looked up to see Tao turning his head the other way, "Wow. I must be dreaming." Kris shot up. He dropped his phone and tears filled his eyes.

"N-No. You're not dreaming." His voice shook as he spoke.

He grabbed the boy's hand, making him look back at him. "I'm not?"

Kris shook his head as he squeezed his hand tighter, "N-No." They stared at each other.

Tao's eyes filled with tears too, "K-Kris?"

"Tao!" They were engulfed by each other's arms as they cried together. "Finally."

"God, I love you so much Tao."

"I l-love you t-too, Kri-Kris."

They held each other close. They could finally touch. It was almost dreamlike.

Kris pulled away and caressed his cheeks, "Can I kiss you?" He wanted to ask just in case.

"Yes, please do."

Kris pressed their lips together. Electricity ran through them as they kissed for the first time where they were both awake. They each other's breath away as their tongues danced around each other's mouths. They pulled away out of breath. Kris panted as he held the boy's hands. They couldn't tear their eyes away from each other. That's when Kyungsoo walked in.

 

 

---

 

 

"How did you get here?" Tao asked as he took a bite of the food Kyungsoo had brought to him. Kris smiled at the sight of him eating food without any complaints. "Luhan bought me plane tickets."

"When are you going back?"

"A day after you're out of here."

Tao's face fell flat as he heard the words, "Oh."

"But, I have a surprise." The elder smiled as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket. He opened it up and pulled out two slips of paper. He handed them to the boy.

Tao read them, "Why do you have two tickets back to Korea?"

"Because I'm taking you with me."

Tao's eyes widened, and he looked at him, "W-What?"

"I don't want you to stay here anymore. I want you to come live with me and my roommates. We can teach you Korean. It'll be a new life, and I'll be there with you."

Tao continued to stare at him in disbelief, but quickly broke into a smile, "You don't have to try and convince me, because it's an offer I can't turn down. I love you, Kris."

The said one smiled, "I love you too."

 

 

---

 

 

Tao hugged the smaller male, "Thank you so much for everything, Kyungsoo."

"You're welcome. Stay safe and text me whenever you want, okay?"

Tao nodded, "I will. I promise."

They pulled away.

Kris smiled at the smallest, "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Don't break his heart, okay?"

"I wasn't planning to." Kris chuckled as the lady on the speaker spoke, "Flight to Incheon, South Korea is now boarding."

The two looked at the smaller male.

"Goodbye and good luck on living a brand new life." Kyungsoo smiled at Tao.

They waved as they headed to the gate. Kris slipped his hand into Tao's as they walked up to the ticket guy. They boarded and sat next to each other. They buckled their seatbelts and entwined their fingers. "Are you ready to start over?" Tao nodded. Kris smiled at him, and Tao put his head on his shoulder.

They were ready for this.

-

Kris held the knob and turned back to Tao. "So... Chanyeol and Baekhyun are at work. My brother and his boyfriend are here still though." Tao nodded. Kris opened the door and they stepped inside with their suitcases. Luhan and Sehun were sitting on the couch while watching TV when the two walked in. They looked at them and everything seemed to pause.

"I'm back." Kris said. He put his hand on Tao's shoulder, "This is Tao."

Luhan's eyes widened as he stood up. He quickly walked over to them. He took Tao's hand and looked into his eyes and spoke in Mandarin, "You're absolutely gorgeous." He looked at Kris, "Kris, he's gorgeous."

Both of them blushed. "Th-Thank you..." Tao stuttered.

"It's really nice to meet you, Tao. I'm Luhan and that's Sehun." Luhan said as he pointed to his boyfriend who waved.

Tao waved back. Kris caught Luhan's eye. That's when Tao spoke, "Thank you." They all looked at him. Luhan tilted his head, "Why?"

"Thank you for buying the plane ticket for Kris to come see me and for me to come here with him."

Luhan smiled, "Of course. He loves you. I couldn't just sit back and have him suffer in his room."

Kris closed his eyes. He didn't want to think about what would have happened if Luhan didn't have the money for the tickets.

"Let's go put our stuff up, okay Tao?"

The said one nodded and they went to his room. Tao's eyes scoped around the room as if remembering. Kris sat on the bed as he watched the younger. Tao looked at him, and they looked at each other. Tears filled Tao's eyes. "I-Is this really happening?"

Kris nodded slowly as he held his hand out to him. Tao took his hand and he was pulled close to him. They looked into each other's eyes as Kris's fingers massaged Tao's hand. "This is really happening, Tao. You're here with me now. You're safe." Tao let his tears of joy fall as they leaned in and kissed each other.

"I love you so much." Kris mumbled against the lips.

"I love you too." Tao replied.

They kissed for a moment before they pulled away. Kris scooted away and pulled him down with him. They got under the covers and held each other. "I'm never going to let you go. I'm going to keep you safe. I love you." The elder whispered into Tao's pitch black hair.

"Thank you... Thank you so much, Kris... You make me feel so happy. I love you, and I know that if you weren't here... I wouldn't have made it out alive."

"The world would have one less beauty then. I'm glad that I make you happy. I don't want you to be anything but happy."

They laid there in silence until Tao whispered into the air, "Our demons fell in love with each other."

Kris closed his eyes.

Tao continued, "They aren't strong anymore."

Kris finished for him, "And that's just how we want it."

He blinked before closing his eyes as well, "... Yeah."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omo!

It's over!

I bet you weren't expecting the ending so quickly, huh?

Anyway, thank you for reading~

Thank you for commenting, subbing, and upvoting<3

You guys are great for reading this story til the end.

Love you ;<3;

 

Ps. Don't unsub! I have a bonus/epilogue chapter and then a sequel coming up~!