Chapter 3

GucciPanda has commented on your blog

The weekend passed, and Tao didn't get on. It made Kris worry a little.

"See you guys tonight." Kris smiled to his roommates as he got out of their car. He walked into the bookstore to find Jongdae sitting at the desk. The younger looked up at him. A blush immediately spread across his cheeks. Kris prepared himself for the apologies he was about to get.

Jongdae ran over to him, and bowed, "I'm incredibly sorry, hyung. Minseok suggested we bring Sulli along, neither of us knew you don't like girls. We're really sorry. We don't know what to do to apologize correctly besides take you out again, but with a guy."

Kris stared at the shorter, "Jongdae... You really don't need to. Really."

"But we insist. We feel terrible about last week. We really do."

The older sighed, "When do you want to go out then?"

A smile graced the other's lips, "This Thursday at 12pm for lunch."

"... Alright. I'll go. Text me the details." Jongdae nodded, and they parted to get to work.

 

 

---

 

 

Kris stared at his computer. Tao wasn't online. It had been four days since he got online. Kris was beginning to panic. He didn't know what happened to the boy, and only the worst case scenarios played in his head.

"What if he killed himself?!... What if he really did?" The thought itself pained the man. He went to his own profile and created a blog.

-

Help

icanfly

Does anyone know what happened to GucciPanda?

He hasn't been on for a few days, and I'm imagining the worst case scenarios right now.

Please comment if you do know something. 

Tags: icanfly, GucciPanda, help

-

He bit his lip as he waited. He didn't know if anyone would answer, but it was worth a shot. He went to other sites he had accounts for, to try and clear his mind.

 

 

---

 

 

When Kris woke up from his two hour sleeping time, he didn't hesitate to get on his computer. The time was 3:48am, but he really couldn't have cared less. He saw that someone had commented on his blog. That someone was 'Desolation27'. Kris had never seen that username before. He read the comment anyway.

Desolation27: Message me, and I'll tell you what I know.

Kris's eyes widened. The person knew something about Tao's absence, and it only made him eager to know more. He clicked the profile and saw it was a male and his name was Kyungsoo. His nickname was D.O. He was online as well. Kris quickly clicked the chat button.

icanfly: Hello, D.O.

Desolation27: Hi. I see you went on my profile ^^"

The guy used emoticons. He was already much more different than Tao.

icanfly: Yeah, haha. So.. What can you tell me about Tao?

Desolation27: Well first of all... What do you know about him? What has he told you about himself?

icanfly: He's told me what he has. Like depression and aniexty.

He purposely left out the selfharm part.

Desolation27: Alright. I'll leave out the things you don't know yet then. He probably wants to tell you himself.

Kris wanted to know now though.

Desolation27: So, I'm D.O. I go to Tao's school. I don't know if he knows that though. We don't talk on here, or at school.

icanfly: Really? Why not?

Desolation27: We're both outcasts. Outcasts don't talk to other outcasts. Anyway, I've been hearing a rumor go around the school about Tao.

icanfly: What rumor?

Desolation27: Tao is in the hospital. I went to the hospital to check. I, of course I didn't go in, but I asked the nurse. She said he was there.

Kris felt his breath being taken away.

icanfly: Why is he at the hospital?!

Desolation27: That's what the second half of the rumor is about. The one that started the rumor, I don't know who it is, said that his dad went to Tao's house. He found him laying on the floor in front of the stairs. He broke some part of his ribcage and his right leg.

Kris's breathing became irregular as he read the words.

icanfly: What about Tao's parents? Why was that guy even there in the first place?!

Desolation27: The guy that started the rumor said that his father and Tao's father are drinking buddies. He came over to take him out to a bar, but found Tao. Tao's father was passed out in his room. His mother was no where in sight.

Kris felt his lungs close up. He gasped for air as tears ran down his cheeks.

icanfly: Rumors are rumors though... Right?

Desolation27: I have a feeling that this isn't fake though.

Kris sobbed into his hands. Imagining Tao laying there helplessly and accepting death made him feel weak.

icanfly: Can you go to the hospital when you can? I want to know if he's alright.

Desolation27: Of course. I'll go once school is out. Speaking of school. I have to go now. Goodbye for now.

icanfly: Goodbye, and thank you.

Desolation27: You're welcome ^^

They both got off. Kris closed his laptop and sighed heavily. The thought of Tao in the hospital made him sick. He groaned as he ed his hands into his hair and gripped hard. He felt so weak. He was crying over someone he hadn't met before. That's what weak was. Crying over people. He stumbled over to his bed, and grabbed his phone. He didn't know what he was doing anymore.

He called his brother, who didn't pick up of course, so he left a voicemail.

"H-Hyung... I miss you. Please visit me soon... Or at least call me back. I miss you. I hope you're doing well." He bit his lip as he cried into the phone. He regained his voice to end the call, "I'll hang up now. Sorry to bother you again." He ended the call and tossed his phone next to him. He opened his bottle drawer in his desk, and grabbed a random bottle.

It was too dark to see anything. He opened it and put two in his mouth. He grabbed the water bottle near his laptop and drank the remaining water. He tossed the bottle onto the floor and got under his covers. He just wanted to sleep. That's all he wanted. Tears fell as he tried to think of anything else but Tao and Luhan. He must have taken two of his strongest pills, because he was out within seconds.

-

When he woke up it was light outside, and his phone was ringing. He picked it up and answered without seeing who it was, "Hello?" His voice came out groggy due to sleep.

"Hyung! Were you asleep the whole time!?" Chanyeol questioned rather loudly.

"Yes. Why? What do you want?"

"I'm supposed to come pick you up to go out to eat with Jongdae in 30 minutes!" Kris's eyes shot open.

"! Thank God I woke up!"

"Why didn't you wake up earlier?!"

"I took two pills last night without looking at the bottle!" He spoke, frustrated, as he began getting ready.

"You idiot! Hurry up or we'll be late!"

"Okay, bye!" Kris hung up, tossed his phone onto his bed, and rushed into the bathroom to shower.

-

Chanyeol pulled up to the small restaurant, and Kris hopped out. He quickly went inside. He was brought to his table to see Jongdae, Minseok, and the guy they brought with them. Kris sat down and smiled at the three.

"Kris, so glad you could make it. This is Minseok's friend's friend, Kibum."

Kris head bowed to the boy sitting next to him, "Nice to meet you, Kibum."

"Nice to meet you too."

-

The lunch was a peaceful one. Kris liked the food. He liked the conversations, but he didn't like Kibum. In that way at least. He could see himself being friends with him, but not dating him. He didn't even know if he wanted to date anyone right now really. The four stood outside with their to-go boxes in their hands.

"Thank you for inviting me out to lunch. I had a lot of fun." The second youngest smiled at the two that set everything up.

"You're welcome. We're glad you guys accepted to come. Well, we're going to go now. See you guys later." Jongdae smiled as they waved goodbye. The two left into their car, and drove away. That left Kris and Kibum alone.

"... You do realize they set all of this up, right?" Kibum asked.

Kris nodded, "But you can't hate them." He laughed.

The shorter laughed as well, "So, since they set us up... What do you think of me?"

Kris scratched his neck, "I think you're cool, but not my type."

Kibum nodded, "Same actually."

Kris smiled. He was glad he didn't just ruin his chances of being the guy's friend. "Well, I guess we'll talk later. It was nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too. Take care."

"You too." Then Kibum had left into his car. Kris stood there waiting for his roommate to pick up. His mind drifted towards Tao again.

He felt his heart ache for the younger boy. He sighed. Tao was his type, not Kibum. He bit his lip. Tao really was his type. He also cared for the younger more than a normal person would. What was Tao to him? That's when everything came together. He liked Tao. He wasn't ready to date, because he wanted to date Tao. He wanted to make the boy happy, and not cause him pain. He felt his heart beat whenever they chatted. He did like Tao, and he wasn't going to deny it anymore.

-

Kris browsed around the internet until he heard a ding from his computer. It was 10pm at night so he knew it wasn't anyone on Facebook. He went to the blogging site tab to find out that D.O had messaged him. He almost broke his keyboard trying to click on the message.

Desolation27: I visited Tao today.

icanfly: And?

Desolation27: He freaked out and asked me who I was. I told him about myself, and then I asked him why he was in the hospital. He asked me why I wanted to know. I told him you wanted to know.

icanfly: ... What did he say?

Desolation27: He didn't say much, but instead, he tried to get out of bed which caused him lots of pain. He told me he had to tell you he was alright.

Kris felt his cheeks warm up. "Am I blushing?" He was surprised.

Desolation27: I told him you knew he was alive and what not, but you didn't know why he was there. He told me he tripped down the stairs. It was only an accident. 

icanfly: Well the accident caused him lots of pain. Tell him the next time you see him that I want him to be more careful.

Desolation27: I'm with him right now. I never said I went home, did I?

Kris froze. Tao was there... With D.O... Thankfully, he was alive and breathing.

Desolation27: Do you want to talk to him?

icanfly: Can I?

Desolation27: Sure. Let me send you a video chat request.

Kris's eyes widened. He quickly declined.

icanfly: No! I don't want to video chat. I just want to text chat him.

Desolation27: That makes me concerned... If you really care for him you'd video chat. I could be telling you all these lies and he could actually be dead.

Kris's breath stopped.

Desolation27: Or you could be someone much different than that picture you have on your profile. Are you scared of him finding out who you really are?

Kris felt annoyed by that. He obviously wasn't some old guy who wanted to kidnap Tao.

icanfly: Fine. Send me the request again.

His heart started to beat faster. He was nervous. He had low confidence to do something like video chatting. The black box with the red and green ovals came up. He felt his heart drop. He was incredibly nervous. He slowly clicked the accept button. When the screen came on, it wasn't Tao but instead a boy with large owl-like eyes. The boy gasped, making Kris raise an eyebrow.

"What?" He questioned, "And are you on your iPhone?" The screen looked weird to him.

D.O nodded, "And holy you're just like your picture. You look like a ing model."

Before Kris could reply, a voice was heard, "Are-Are you video chatting K-Kris?!" Kris felt his heart skip a beat as he heard the sweet voice. Kris never imagined Tao's voice to be like that, and it made him feel relaxed for some odd reason.

D.O looked past the camera and nodded, "I am! Want to chat with him too?"

"NO!" Tao shouted, almost sounding afraid.

Kris smiled slightly. He and Tao had the same reaction.

"Why not? Don't you want to see him?" D.O whined as he got up and walked to him. He didn't turn the camera around. Kris watched the boy talk to the other.

"I want to see him, but not when I'm in the ing hospital."

"Well it's too late. I'm not hanging up until you show him your face."

"But my face is bruised."

Kris didn't know what came over him, but he spoke, "Tao, I don't mind!"

D.O looked at the camera then back at Tao, "Even he said its fine~ Come on~ Take the phone."

The camera shook as the view showed the white hospital sheets. Kris bit his lip. He was finally going to see Tao for the first time other than in his picture. The camera turned around to show the boy with dark black hair, baggy panda-like eyes, and a bruised cheek.

Kris in his breath, "Oh my god." He whispered out.

"What?" Tao asked, looking away.

Kris didn't mean for him to hear that, "I just... You're really pretty."

Tao blushed and looked back at the camera, "No, I'm not..." He whispered.

Kris gently smiled, "But you are. I wouldn't lie to you."

Tao bit his lip. "It's nice to see you're alright, Tao."

Tao looked at the camera again, "I'm sorry if you were worried."

"I was worried, but it's okay." "I was very worried."

"You two are sweet. I'm going to go outside, and get us some food, alright Tao?" D.O's voice came then faded away with the closing of a door.

"Are you going to eat it?"

"Eat what?"

"The food... Since I know you don't like to eat."

Tao sighed and rubbed his eye, "The doctors are making me eat things so I suppose I have to. They said I'm extremely underweight."

"Well seeing your own ribs is not healthy you know."

"I know..."

Kris knew what Tao was thinking. He knew he wanted to punish himself.

"Why do you want to punish yourself, Tao?"

The younger bit his lip, and looked away from the camera, "Because... Let's save it for another day."

Kris sighed, "Alright..."

"Hey, Kris?"

"Yes?"

"Did you sleep well while I was offline?" Kris stared at him. He wasn't expecting that question.

"I... No... I was just... I was really worried about you..."

"I'm really sorry, Kris."

"Stop, Tao. You didn't do it on purpose. Nothing was on purpose."

He saw Tao take in a deep breath. "You need to stop, Kris..."

Said man rose an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

He could see the boy trying his hardest not to break down.

When he spoke it was obvious, "Don't get too close to me, Kris. It's dark and empty inside. It's where my demons hide." They stared at each other. Kris could see the sadness in Tao's eyes.

His reply came out without him thinking it over, "You can still get close to me, Tao. There is a hell inside me, it's where your demons can live."

He saw it happen. Tao broke in front of his eyes. They stared at each other as tears fell from Tao's eyes as if they were a waterfall.

"God, Kris... I like you... I really like you..." Tao cried as he dropped the phone on the bed. Kris was staring at the ceiling, and Tao's hair as the boy cried into his blanket.

Kris froze.

Everything froze.

His heart, his mind, his body.

Tao liked him... And he liked Tao back.

"Tao..." He called out. The boy just continued to cry.

"Tao, pick up the phone." He waited for him to do so.

Tao slowly and shakily picked it up. His hair shielded his eyes from Kris.

"Tao, I like you too."

Tao shook his head, "No, Kris. Don't."

"It's too late to try and stop me, Tao."

"We're too deep inside, Kris. Our demons are going to drag us down with them. Two people are easier to manipulate then just one. We're not going to make it out alive."

"We will, Tao... We will. We'll overcome our demons together."

Tao bit his lip, and looked up slightly so the hair in front of his eyes, shifted. They stared at each other. Both examining each other's eyes. The eyes are just pools of emotions that are hidden away. Then Kris's door opened. He turned around to see Chanyeol standing there.

"Kris, Baekhyun wants you to get ready. We're going out for dinner."

Kris nodded, "Okay, I'll be ready in 20 minutes," Chanyeol nodded and left. Kris was thankful the younger didn't see his computer screen or he would have been asking questions.

He turned back to the screen to see Tao looking at him still, "Was that your roommate?"

Kris nodded, "That was Chanyeol."

"Is Baekhyun his boyfriend?" He nodded once again.

"I'll let you get ready then... But.. Before you go..." He could see the boy hesitate.

"Do you really like me too?"

He nodded, "It took me a little bit to finally realize it, but yeah. I do."

Tao nodded, "Okay." His voice was almost a whisper, "I'll let you go now."

Kris gave him a smile, "I'll talk to you whenever D.O will let me, ok?"

"I'm being discharged tomorrow actually... So I'll be home by then."

"Even better. I'll talk to you later." Tao nodded.

They both ended the call, and a Kris closed his laptop. He stood up, and walked over to his closet. He sighed. Tao meant so much to him. It was annoying how they couldn't see each other in person though. He pushed the thought away, and began getting ready. 

-

Kris pulled out his phone as the three waited for the waitress to come back with their drinks. He went to the blogging site and blinked when he saw the message notification box up. D.O sent a message right before they arrived at the restaurant.

Desolation27: Hey, Kris it's Tao. If we both like each other... Does that mean we're dating?

Kris smiled.

icanfly: Since we can't exactly date each other, we can skip that and call ourselves boyfriends if you'd like.

Desolation27: Tao is asleep now, but I'm sure he'll like that. I must warn you though. I don't believe he's ever dated someone before so be easy with him.

icanfly: I wasn't planning to do anything, /but/ that. I just want to make him happy.

Desolation27: I'm sure you'll do a good job.

Kris nodded to himself and locked his phone. He believed he could, too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omgggg

So much has happened in this chapter!

Well not really, but impORTANT STUFF HAPPENED!

And they're together now<3

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed~

Please do comment and sub

Upvotes are always welcome as well though!

Thanks for reading!!

Ps. Look at that fabulous poster.

It's so amazing!!!<3

Pss. If you were wondering or whatever,

Kris speaks Korean and Chinese in the story.

He speaks Chinese with Tao and D.O

He speaks Korean with everyone in Korea.

Tao knew that Baekhyun is Chanyeol's boyfriend because he knows Korean names when he hears them.

Psss. The "Don't get too close to me, Kris. It's dark and empty inside. It's where my demons hide." "Get too close me, Tao. There is a hell inside me, it's where your demons can live." I did not make it up. I just added their names. Credits to the person who really made that because it's beautiful and mainly the reason I made this fic.