´chapter six

end school - a bts fanfic; story has started

Before they could realize, the photoshoot came to an end. Of course it took a while to get back on track since Jinyoung fell down but after they made sure he was okay, things did go pretty much alright. It was like the fact he fell down made him loosen up a bit, which was great according to the photographer however, the male knew perfectly well what was going to happen once he came out, dressed to go back home. Jinri was almost that easy to read for him but he didn't expect her to be quiet about it; she wasn't exactly planning on embarrassing him in that moment but instead, when they went back to school which was when she had the chance to share it with her best friend anyways. ''We'll get going, see you around.'' she waved at Minah and Hana as she pulled Jinyoung along with her. Both females were left behind, waving back at them until they disappeared.

''So, what's next on your schedule?'' Hana asked, turning her head to Minah who shrugged her shoulders just to take off a paper from her bag. She was surprised to see that in the new schedule she has been given, she had the rest of the day off. ''Well, that's rare. I guess I have nothing else to do today'' she commented as she looked through the paper, turning it over just to confirm she was indeed seeing things right and there was no other thing she had to attend. Hana nodded her head at the information she just learnt ''Let's do something then. Do you play basketball?'' she asked, stuffing her hands in her jean's pockets, having Minah look at her a bit troubled as she wasn't that much into sports - not because she didn't want to since she actually ran but because she had no time to try those out. 

''Actually...I'm not that good at playing basketball...'' she smiled slightly at Hana, shrugging her shoulders slightly at the thought of physical education classes where she sticked to passing the ball or simply avoiding it whenever they played. ''Is there anything else you want to do then? I mean, I don't mind teaching you how to play.'' she shrugged at her own suggestion smiling rather widely as she noticed Minah agreed with her proposal. ''Let's get going then''.

 

''It's going to rain.'' it was more than obvious, the statement was itself a waste of saliva since there were already lonely drops hitting and coloring the floor in a darker color than it was painted. It was almost ridiculous how the sky had decided to let the rain wet the same amound of people two days in a row. Why was it even necessary? It was stupid, or at least it didn't make enough sense to get through the male's head. He had nobody to share his thoughts with, even if he talked out loud, he was quite alone since the flied he stood in was empty. The quiet voice that pronnounced such quiet words belonged to Namjoon who stood still on the field, near to the house he lived in with six other guys. 

''I knew you'd be here'' a second voice said. Once Namjoon turned around, he noticed a shorter frame aproaching him, hand on the jean's pocket and a basketball on the other hand. Namjoon rolled his eyes and shook his head slowly before turning to the net and shooting the ball. His eyes watched how he failed and that earned a quiet yet strong laugh from the male that stood behind him. ''You're thinking way too much, Joon.'' the same male who stated the obvious about Namjoon, shoot the ball to the same net Namjoon did, scoring. He aproached him and showed off a side smirk, like he was teasing the taller male who scoffed. ''You know life's too short to be wasted like this, dude.'' Namjoon could now identify his friend by his features, it was Yoongi.

''Don't you start.'' he whispered, groaning quietly as he wasn't exactly in mood to hear one of Suga's speeches about life - he knew how to drive someone to their eadge to the point people would want to cover their ears and shout like little kids to avoid further conversations - Namjoon simply didn't feel like it. ''You know Hoseok didn't mean to let it out the way he did though.'' Suga tried a different aproach, watching how the basketball he shoot just a few seconds ago came back to him,rolling until it touched his feet like it was a kid asking their parents to pick him up from the boring floor they were standing in, seeking comfort. He leaned down and picked up the basketball he brought, reaching for Namjoon's as well. ''Hoseok's kind of tired, you've been asking for a bit too much for everyone and you know it, even from yourself. That's just not how you get over your problems.'' and his speech went on, making Namjoon want to take off his ears yet keep listening to what his friend was saying - Suga's words did calm him down. 

Namjoon was quiet, hearing to Suga. The taller male took the basketball his friend handed him, taking a good look at it for the very first time as if appreciating just how much work it was put on it. Yoongi laughed quietly at the way his friend looked at the ball. It was almost like he was thinking of the way he had been treating it, if he did right or not; he was frozen, lost in thoughts perhaps. ''I'm tired of being the one who ends up nodding his head, accepting other's mistakes though. I'm trying to think of everyone and carefully understand their problems.'' Namjoon finally spoke after a long pause, lifting his gaze to the basket that was hanging a few meters away from him. The other male only nodded his head at the way his friend spoke; he knew he was concidering towards others, to the point he'd forget his problems to take care of the others'.

''I know.'' that two words made Namjoon sigh and turn to his friend ''You do but you're never there.'' he commented, making Suga rethink about his actions. He gulped down his saliva, smiling slightly as he knew Namjoon didn't intend to hurt him with his words. With that thought in mind, the male sighed quietly and nodded his head slowly ''Because I don't want to bother you guys. I'd rather work it out alone.'' he confessed, shooting the ball in his hands just to fail; he didn't score, his problems seemed to affect his brain. ''I know. But that's being selfish. We care for you.'' he blankly said, pushing out a soft sigh from his lips. ''Yeah but it's complicated.'' he reasoned, smiling slightly as now it was his own turn to look at the ball. Namjoon rolled his eyes, it was his turn to judge his friend who seemed to be afraid enough not to trust him ''That's the thing, hyung. You can't expect me to accept what you're saying when you're asking me to do the opposite of what you're doing.''

''It's different.'' Suga deffended himself just to hear Namjoon scoff ''It's called being an hypocrite...'' the elder bit his lip and went quiet, sighing at just how right his friend actually was. ''Fair enough. What do you suggest me to do?'' picking up the ball that again rolled over to his feet, he waited for an answer before shooting it just to score - the game had no propose, they weren't even playing but once at a time, they tried their luck - ''I suggest you trust us a bit more than you do right now.'' Suga laughed ''That means I get to ask something too'' Namjoon rolled his eyes at the way his friend spoke, of course he would ask something back. ''What do you want?''

''Come back home.''

 

''What are we going to do today?'' a blonde haired female asked, feeling quite excited to see her mother at home for other than the short periods of time she got to see her, early in the morning when she took her to school or at dawn before she had to go to bed. The female by the name of Seoyul picked up her phone and took a look at the time, ''Let's do it like this, you invite Yejin over today and we'll catch up once I get back. I will be home earlier today, my boss is planning his wedding. He asked me to check in today since there are a few things he still needs me to do but those won't take that long. I'll be back before dinner.'' Ahri's face fell a bit but she nodded her head slowly, playing the role of the understanding child she was. She brought a soft smile up to her lips and nodded again, firmly this time just to recieve a gentle kiss over her head from her mother who cared about her. ''I have something for you, your father wanted to give it to you on your senior year.'' she informed making Ahri smile a bit at the thought of her father. Before Ahri could focus back on reality, her mother was heading out the door, leaving the female alone at home.

Ahri threw herself on the couch and thought about what her father wanted to give her. She shrugged that thought off, knowing she would discover it once her mother came home, which was in a few hours. The female reached for her phone and decided to call her best friend over like her mother suggested. While she was waiting for Yejin to arrive, she decided to plan what they'd be doing ending up getting a few snacks from the kitchen so they could start off with a movie. It had been a while since she sat down to watch a movie, her mother was who she usually watched the movies with but she had been busy lately.

''Ahh I can't believe they made us take Summer classes because of last year.'' Yejin groaned as she walked inside her best friend's house. Ahri laughed, closing the door ''Why are you laughing? I didn't get to enjoy the damn Summer!'' she whined, making her way to the couch just to land with her face on the pillow Ahri placed on it before Yejin arrived. The blonde female walked towards the couch, sitting down on the floor besides the couch just to pat her best friend's back ''Well, they had to make up for last year. It's not their fault the house almost closed over  their pranks.'' this made her remember how she was thankful for having a break from school last year. Yejin lifted her head and glared at Ahri ''It's thanks to your boyfriend's pranks that we had school during Summer!'' she whined more, kicking her feet much to Ahri's entertainment. 

Yejin was almost smirking at how Ahri let her words slip but of course she'd realize them ''Yah! He's not my boyfriend.'' she whined, poking her best friend's back just to hear her groan as it hurt; to avoid this, she turned around, her back landing on the couch ''As if.'' there she was, teasing the blonde haired female ''Speaking of him, you still have to tell me about last night...'' this had her interest since before Ahri went to sleep she texted her best friend about having Jimin over. Yejin wiggled her eyebrows as she sat up ''Yah, it's not like that...'' however, no matter how hard she tried to make Yejin think differently, she knew she couldn't. Ahri released a sigh, in defeat.

''He came to visit my father with me. Then it started raining and my mother asked him to stay for dinner. That's all.'' she stuck out her tongue, nodding her head as she was honestly speaking. Yejin noticed that but there was no way she was letting it go like that. She wanted to but suddenly something came to her mind ''I saw Jimin today.'' she started, earning a glare from her best friend who shook her head as if she wasn't interested ''He was with a dark haired girl, I think she's from our school.'' by the way she spoke, Ahri knew she was telling the truth and her features collided into a frown, she didn't really know what to think about it. Looking down,s he rubbed her nape, still trying to figure out what to do. Yejin grinned at the sight of Ahri, not because she was down but because she was giving away the fact she felt something from the male. 

''You're sooooooo into him.'' Yejin best friend, rolling off the couch to land on Ahri; she was about to say she wasn't but it was obvious she was. ''Let's work as detectives'' Yejin suggested, rubbing her chin with her index finger and her thumb as she showed off a funny face. Ahri hit her leg ''Yah, what the hell are you talking about?'' this was only replaced with laughs since Ahri didn't really want her to explain, she knew something would go wrong with it. ''Let's go choose cool detective names'' Yejin suggested, rolling off Ahri, rushing to her room to get her laptop, leaving Ahri no time to protest about it.

 

It was past lunch time, way past that hour. Eunji was still over her best friend's house; her feet rest over the table even if Riisa had pushed them down more than the times she could count with her fingers for the past hour ''My brother said he'd be here soon to pick me up.'' she whined, landing her feet on the table once again ''You said that an hour ago.'' Riisa coomented, laughing as she shook her head, giving up on pushing Eunji's feet off the table. There was just no use. It was Eunji after all, she'd always do it her way. 

''What are you planning on doing as soon as school starts?'' Riisa asked suddenly, gaining Eunji's attention. The female raised an eyebrow and shrugged her shoulders slightly as she had no answer to give out. What could she do anyways? She'd have to attend to classes and sleep less than she whished she could, even if she got to play her favorite sport, she thought it didn't make up for it. It would just get tiring. ''What do you even mean? We just got off school, we're having a ing week off.'' the female groaned, kicking her feet down on the floor just to sigh heavily as she slid down the chair, showing just how motivated she actually was. Riisa only laughed at the way her best friend answered. She was sure Eunji wasn't the only one feeling like this. ''There's nothing you can do about it. it up, loser.'' Eunji glared at Riisa who was over the kitchen, laughing even harder at the way she looked at her.

''I'd bow down to them if they ruined this year too.'' Eunji smirked softly, getting up from the chair she was sitting on. Her best friend looked at her, tilting her head slightly ''And risking yourself to have Summer classes next year? You're sick.'' the female sighed, deciding to walk up to the kitchen just to get a glass of water ''It's our Senior year though. It's not like you'll have to have classes after that...'' she commented, sitting over at the counter as she stared at Riisa who was washing the dishes in order to clean the kitchen that was a mess since last night. As their parents always said, young people would ingore the rules and do whatever they wanted, making their work double when it wasn't even necessary.

''Senior year, who'd say.'' both commented upon realizing they didn't have that long to make the most of. ''So, resolutions for this school year?'' Riisa asked as she dried her hands, quickly running to her room to get her notebook. Eunji rolled her eyes at the sight of a pen and paper - it was way too early; they still had a week before they had to go to school. ''I'm definately getting you a boyfriend this year.'' Riisa wrote down a few words making Eunji scoff ''So he can be like your own that gets pissed at me because he doesn't get to have his private parties?'' that comment made Riisa stop writing and laugh out loud at the way Eunji put it. ''Why not? It'd be fun if we got back at you for ing.'' 

''Please, you need some new hobby. Try raising a chicken.'' Eunji hummed, peeking over at what her best friend was writing down on the still small clothed white paper ''That's actually a good idea, let's raise a chicken.'' she commented, humming as she wrote it down. Eunji looked at her best friend, wondering if she was even serious with it since she was actually playing around when she suggested her a new hobby. ''Anything else you'd like to add?'' ''I'm done with your resolutions.'' Eunji laughed it off as she jumped from the counter and walked towards the living room ''Last year they worked...'' Riisa took a look at the paper in front of her before continuing ''Well, most of them.''

The short haired female messed her own hair as she stared at the black monitor, not caring enough to get the remote and check if there was anything on worth to take her attention before Riisa sat beside her, ready to write down more things ''You should let your hair grow.'' Eunji rolled her eyes and took a look at the female beside her ''So you can mess it? No thank you'' she smiled in a funny way, signaling her friend there was no chance she'd let her hair grow. Her hand reached for her hair, pulling a stand so she could play with it. She was thinking to herself  if she should even concider letting her hair grown but soon she shook her head, she liked her hair short, she was used to it and it made her different from most of the girls on their school, it made her herself. ''Tsk, my hair's fine. We should get you a new brain.'' she teased, throwing her legs over her friend's lap as the other whined and tried to pull them off. Riisa glared at Eunji ''No, it has to be done this year, you need a boyfriend. But our priority...let's get a chicken'' 

Eunji facepalmed as she thought to herself where they would keep the chicken. This was a bad idea right from the start but then again, why would she care? It was probably fun to take care of a chicken. Out of their countless crazy acts, this seemed, from far, one of the most interesting even if it made no sense, in Eunji's head, their friendship didn't make any kind of sense either. They pulled the best out of each other and that was the most important thing. That was what made Eunji agree with the crazy idea of raising a chicken. ''Let's raise a chicken.'' Eunji agreed, pinching her cheek as she tried to come up with a place for the said chicken.

 

The rain started outside, pushing off the scenario that most people hated; sun was the only thing that interested them to the point none of them understood how nice the rain actually was. ''You guys are all nuts'' a female whispered noticing how they didn't seem to care about how wet they already were since they kept walking in a slow pace like it was nothing. Chanho rolled his eyes at his best friend's comment ''Why are we still with them?'' he whispered quietly, not wanting Raehee to hear him since they were somehow bringing a nice side of her out. It was like she didn't mind being talketive for that day since she actually shared small talks with the other males beside Chanho. That could be the only reason why he still didn't pull her away from them, perhaps he was enjoying this.

''Jungkook's birthday is tomorrow, let the kid do his thing for once.'' Taehyung pushed Seokjin gently as he was about to agree with the female since he didn't exactly want to be sick because of the two younger who insisted to walk through rain like they were some kind of exception to the rules of sickness. Just when they were having fun, Taehyung started shaking his head from side to side, causing water to hit everyone's faces, water from his hair. The group started shouting at him to stop but he found it way too funny to even stop himself from doing it. That was, until Jungkook decided to follow him around. Taehyung was giggling like a kid as he was chased while Jungkook kept on shouting, almost as if warning everyone that they were on the street. The rest of the group stood still, watching the run around as they shook their heads ''Let's wait under that roof because this is going to take a while'' Jin suggested, leading the group that included Chanho, Raehee, Jimin and himself towards the roof that was enough to cover the four of them.

''Yah, Kim Taehyung, come here!'' Jungkook shouted as he kept running after V whose energy seemed to be neverending. Just when he was about to stop - he was tired from the dance practice they had earlier even if it wasn't as hard as they used to have when Namjoon kept asking them to focus - Taehyung ran across two innocent people under an umbrella, taking down the guy who was the one holding the umbrella that protected both from the rain. ''.'' the younger whispered as he saw Taehyung fall down with the boy - sure the sight was funny for him but still, he had to help his friend. 

Jungkook ran faster to get to Taehyung, noticing he knew those two faces. The female stood still, she was about to burst, especially after noticing it was Taehyung who took her friend down but as sook as her eyes landed on Jungkook, she groaned. ''Jeon Jungkook! I should have known'' she shouted out of frustration, feeling bothered by the fact he always managed to come into her plans one way or the other. She helped her friend up, ignoring Taehyung who didn't seem to be bothered by the fact he was laying on the wet floor. It was not like his clothes weren't already wet anyways. He watched the scene as Jungkook glared at both of them. 

''Are you okay, Jinyoung?'' she sighed, trying check if he was hurt anywhere. Jinyoung shrugged his shoulders. Other than the fact he was all wet and his hurt, he was fine. ''You should control your friend!'' the female pointed over at Taehyung as she shouted at Jungkook who wasn't even focusing on what she was saying, he was busy looking at the male beside her that pulled the umbrella over her head in order not to have her sick. Jinri kept blabbing about how he should be careful, even turning to Taehyung to tell him to look at where he's going just to have Jinyoung laugh as he tried to calm her down since he was alright. She still didn't listen to him, it was all because Jungkook was involved. She could have let go of what happened if it was someone else but Jungkook seemed to take some kind of joy to mess with her, even when it wasn't intended. And usually, Jungkook would love hearing her shout at him - she cared enough to give him the knowleadge he was important by the way she usually shouted at him but this time it was different. 

His dark eyes were still on Jinyoung, his brain asked him many questions, one of them about his identity ''Who's he?'' he asked, surprising Jinri who scoffed at his question - did he just ignore her ranting about what just happened? The male that stood by her side had decided to simply watch since he knew she'd end up shouting at him if he decided to join in - even if it was to calm her down. Since Jinri didn't give him an answer, he stepped closer and asked once again, louder this time. ''Who's he?'' the way his height overpowered hers made her want to kick him so he'd be the one looking up at her for once. By this time, Taehyung wondered why he still didn't get popcorn to watch this small drama that played in front of his eyes. 

''Why do you have to know who he is? Do I, by any chance, owe you any kind of explanation?'' Jinri rest her hands on her hips as she glared up at Jungkook who wasn't pleased with the situation. Jinyoung's eyes flew from Jinri to Jungkook, him being the side character that wanted to come in and end the discussion but at the same time, watch how far they were willing to go on the middle of the street. Junkook parted his lips to speak, knowing he had no right to ask her that question. He still wanted to know though. ''Are you deaf or something? I asked you twice the same question.'' he continued, knowing he didn't want to back away. If Jinyoung tried to pull her away in that second, she would come back and finish the fight. And he had tried doing so but she snapped her hands away.

''Just who the hell do you think you are, huh?'' She stepped out of the protection the umbrella provided against the rain. Jinyoung bit his bottom lip, somehow thinking the situation was funny. ''Ri-ah, let's get going.'' the male asked diverting Jungkook's attention to him. He didn't like the way he called the female the slightest and in that moment, she didn't like the way it sounded either. Jinyoung reached for her arm, having her pulling her arm away ''Yah, Jinyoung, stop it.'' she scolded him, watching how Jungkook smirked in glory even if there was nothing he should be happy about; she had yet to solve this fight. ''And you, why the hell are you smirking? You owe him an apology.''

''I'm not apologizing.'' was the first thing Jungkook's lips pushed out of his brain. Jinri rolled her eyes at the way he acted but she had nothing else to say. She didn't want to give that away therefore, she kept glaring at him who glared back at her. ''Tsk, just go home then and stop bothering me.'' she commented, turning to Jinyoung so they could leave. ''Stupid idiot.'' she commented, hearing Jinyoung cough out a laugh at the way she spoke. Jinyoung gently pushed her to walk before suddenly remembering something ''Oh, happy birthday'' he said to Jungkook who froze in his spot. How come Jinyoung did congradulate him and Jinri didn't? ''It's tomorrow...'' he coughed out, not liking the situation the slightest. The female only rolled her eyes, shaking her head at how lowly Jinyoung just stricked - she was the only one out of his group that knew his birthday was on the first of September; she was glad he didn't ask any questions. 

''I'll wait for you tomorrow.'' Jungkook suddenly said to Jinri who rolled her eyes to hide a soft smile that her lips insisted to show for some reason. ''Make sure to sit down so you wn't get tired then'' she told him before rushing Jinyoung to walk away with her. Jungkook was left behind sighing. ''I told you she wasn't going to come.'' Taehyung finally got up and pat Jungkook's shoulder who glared at him ''We still have time until tomorrow.'' he answered before kicking his friend's ''And that's for shaking your head on my face.'' he concluded before walking towards the group they left behind; however, he was still wondering who the guy was, even if he knew his name, 'Jinyoung' was not enough information.

 

Since the rain was starting to get heavier, most of the people who were outside decided to either go home or enter the nearest store. That was exactly Nuri's case. She entered a coffee shop she used to come with her father right after her mother passed away. She found out that this place served hot chocolate and she happened to like it a lot; it was exactly what she searched for after a tiring and stressful day. Her order arrived sooner than she expected it to, making a soft smile rest over her lips as she held onto the paper cup she had in front of her. It was warm.

The place was quiet, despite having a lot of people inside who were hiding from the rain that seemed to take the sun away. Nuri's eyes looked at the outside, somehow enjoying the view as it made her feel she wasn't alone; that was exactly how she was feeling inside, just like everyone ran away from the rain, she felt like everyone ran away from her because she couldn't give herself to the others as easily as she wished she could. It was not her fault. She happened to have trust issues. It was because of what she has been through in her life but nobody seemed to take enough time to understand that, they just didn't care and from far, she knew she was better off alone. The female pulled the paper cup up to her lips, sipping from the hot chocolate she had ordered and so far, she was enjoying it as the warmness of the drink spread through all her body as she gulped it down. Somehow the scenery outside and the drink she was having made her feel less lonely and more comforted. She was thankful.

Nuri leaned on her seat as she set her drink down, pulling some of her hair to lay over her shoulders. While she relaxed, her hands rest over her lap, making her notice the ring she was wearing on her pinky. She had enough time to check out her outfit, noticing how simple it actually was. The female hummed quietly to herself, enjoying her time alone to remind herself of someone she dearly missed; her mother. However, the peaceful environment was taken away from her in a second as a male walked in, it seemed like the sun had came inside the picture once again. He was with a female, a blond female that looked just as happy; sweat was running down their foreheads but it wasn't the female's concern. She knew that face though, out of the many times she crossed Yoongi on the hallways or even on the outside, he was with him sometimes - when he wasn't alone or with his girlfriend - and yes, she could conclude it was one of his friends.She simply wasn't sure of which one he was, much less what was his name but by the bright aura he brought around, she could tell he wasn't Namjoon nor Jimin - they were in her class - therefore, it had to be one of the four other left. She didn't know but it was Hoseok.

 

 

A.N.: Ah-ha! You weren't expecting me to update today, were you? Well, it's Jungkookie's birthday so I thought I could make up for the times I didn't update which were quite a few. I was supposed to post a chapter per week but well, life get's in the way and things never really come out as planned, right? ANYWAYS, thank you for the comments on the last chapter, I hope you guys enjoy this one just as much; let me know what you thought of this one and HEY I MANAGED TO FIT EVERYONE IN THIS CHAPTER /PATS MYSELF ON THE BACK. Haha. Anyways guys, enjoy and leave your feedback, I'm sure I will be updating soon (cause actually it's still the 31st where I live, there's three hours and less than ten minutes for Jungkook's birthday tbh-).Okay, see you next time! Stay tunned!!