´chapter five

end school - a bts fanfic; story has started

Honestly speaking, since the begining of the week, a lot of things changed. Even if the changes were a bit too small to be noticed by other people, those changes were enough to confuse whoever lived them and perhaps even push them into different ways. That was not the case of the lonely girl that stood in her room, hugging her knees to her chest as her eyes landed on the book she was reading. Wait, lonely was certainly not the word to describe this girl. Yes, she was sitting in her room alone but there was an explanation for this. ''Hey, shortie, food's ready.'' her eyes finally left the book in which every word seemed more and more interesting, dragging her into the story. She glared at the tall, black haired male that stood just by her room's door. ''I swear I'm going to kill you someday if you keep calling me short. You're the one who grew up too much.'' she quickly told him, getting off her bed to walk up to him. As usual, he laughed it off and walked ahead of her, downstairs. This was one out of the rare times she came home; she had moved in with her best friend after finding out her father was being a bit too unfair when talking about her best friend.

''Your mom agrees with me, you're really short.'' he continued to , knowing that even if he was over the limit, she wouldn't actually be bothered by it. She was nice enough for him to let him get away with it every time. It didn't matter just how many times he called her short, much less how many times she tried to be mad at him - they would end up laughing it off, as usual. ''I'm sure my mom agrees with me when I say you're the one who's too tall.'' ''I wasn't the one wearing high heels on the prom.'' ''It would be weird if you used them.'' Raehee commented, laughing at the way her best friend decided to - this time, he ended up teasing himself with that, short of. 

''Aigoo this daughter of mine. Thank you for managing to take her off her room, Chanho.'' the elder female, known as Raekyung said; it was not like Raehee closed herself in her room but sometimes she took her studies a bit too seriously and that worried her mother; of course she wanted her daughter to do well but if it wasn't for her best friend, her mother would end up eating in her daughter's room, with her. ''No worries, mom.'' he called out, showing off his signature smirk, warning he wasn't done talking ''I always knew she couldn't resist my charms.'' none of the females was surprised with his speech - they were both used to it, he made up for all the times Raehee decided not to compliment him and that perhaps made him unique in the world they lived in. ''Just sit down to eat, Chanho.'' the younger female commented, sitting down right across her mother who nodded her head.

''Where are you two going, today?'' Raekyung asked, serving the food for the kids first and then to herself as she always taught her daughter - those were basic rules for whatever and today was no exception. Raehee decided to serve the water since she too, wanted to make herself helpful even if it was just with that. She liked making sure the ones she loved were alright. ''I thought of going for a walk, I have nothing in my head in this moment and I'm sure Raehee would say no if I had a destination in mind, you know how she is.'' he kept teasing her, earning a glare from the female who sat back down after making sure she did pour the water on the three glasses. Raekyung laughed softly at what Chanho said, she nodded her head and started eating, pausing just to comment on the male's speech. ''Indeed. But please come back early.'' 

The thought of being weekend dragged a lot of worries away from her brain, even if she had to work the next day and probably wake up early - sleeping was never easy for her - just the thought of having some time to be with herself (and that 'herself' included Chanho most of the time) relaxed her. She didn't have to deal with all the pressure school put on her almost everyday. She didn't have to face a lot of people that she didn't get along with, much less live part of her fears repeatly. ''We have to be back in three hours. I have things to do tomorrow.'' she commented, nodding her head as the dinner suddenly was a bit rushed by Chanho since he knew Raehee didn't actually like being late to whatever.

Before Raehee could complain, Chanho and herself were standing by the door, waving at her mother who smiled and shooed them away, away from what sometimes seemed a prision yet was so familiar to the female that that small detail didn't bother her, the slightest. All she could ever care about was having her loved ones alright and confusion away from her - she didn't need any drama going on her life. ''So, where are we going, exactly? Since it's like...raining and all...and since we just kind of had a break fast so early in the morning?'' the female asked, confused as she tried to get her best friend to talk even if it was just a small tip that could lead her to the biggest discovery of the year. Chanho knew exactly what she was trying to do but instead of glaring at her or even feeling mad, he laughed ''Good try.'' he commented, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

They walked, past the roads and at some point, Raehee asked herself if he had a destiny in mind or at least somewhere to stop - he was one of a kind - and yet, he was easily read by the female who seemed to be having some trouble getting to him that specific night-slash-morning. Who was up at four in the morning, walking down the streets like this? But the female couldn't actually complain, if it wasn't for him, she'd be someone she probably would hate. She wouldn't be able to pull a word off her lips, much less convience herself the world was somewhere that deserved to be tried out. Chanho had brought new light into her life and pulled her out of the hole she digged for herself.

''We're here.'' those simple words woke the female up from the day dream she was having, pushing all her thoughts away from her brain that had so much to think about. Chanho crossed his arms over his chest, standing in front of a building and giving the female enough time to notice where they were. A shy smile crossed her lips; they were right in front of the dance studio they had once belonged to - when things were easier than they were now. She missed that place but school was more important, as her mother always said - she needed to focus on school since it would take her somewhere dance wouldn't (and probably that meant somewhere like an office, sitting all day and doing something she didn't like). 

''So, are we going in...or what?'' Chanho asked, raising his eyebrow at his best friend who laughed as he tilted his head to the side, knowing his best friend was probably just thinking about all she had lived inside that studio. The two of them finally walked in after a few more moments. The place didn't change the slightest and that somehow felt comfortable. Chanho lead Raehee to the room they used when they were younger and the female honestly didn't feel like dancing. She sat down on a couch that was on the room. ''Aren't you dancing?'' Chanho suddenly asked, knowing the answer already since the female was sitting. He rolled his eyes and came to sit by her side, looking at them both by the mirror as he hummed quietly.

Just when the female was about to speak, the door was open by a small group. Raehee and Chanho's eyes flew to the door to see whoever has came in without permission and only the female was shocked. ''Isn't that the idiot that fell on his face on the other day?'' Chanho asked his best friend who slowly nodded her head and blushed just slightly as a question popped in her head; what was he doing there, at that hour? Their eyes were on the male who still was by the door wondering why those two were inside. Chanho decided to speak.

''What are you doing here?'' and with this, the other male woke up to reality. He showed off a gentle smile ''I reserved this room, actually.'' he confessed, stepping inside, followed by two other males, those being Taehyung and Jungkook who for some reason kept bothering Jin to get them to the studio and there they were. Jungkook leaned on the wall as he stared at Raehee, remembering her but not being able to get the male's features to a certain name. He didn't know him.

''Well, there must be a mistake because I reserved this specific room.'' Chanho calmly announced, crossing his arms over his chest as he walked up to the three other males that invaded the room. ''It's okay, Chanho.'' Raehee commented, getting up from her seat as she pushed the glasses she was wearing to the right place. Chanho turned his head to look at the female as he suspiciously raised an eyebrow; she let out a quiet laugh and shrugged her shoulders ''It's not like we were going to use it anyways.'' she continued, looking at the three other guys. The male that was by her side rolled his eyes ''Thank you for ruining this.'' he mumbled, to Jin who quickly shook his hands in front of his face. ''You two can stay. We'll do our business and you two can watch.'' he suggested, knowing he didn't have much to show since they were only going to try to get some moves in order to at least have something while Namjoon was away.

They had no idea how time was able to fly by like this but it was the reality; watching those three struggling was a good entertainment, at least for Chanho. Raehee on the other hand watched quietly almost as if she was taking notes to herself when actually she was just appreciating the way they moved according to the beat since she had once done something like that. ''I don't think this looks right.'' Jungkook commented, waking Raehee up from her thoughts. She looked up and tilted her head slightly, watching the group dance, not so surely, she knew what was missing on the dance but she didn't want to give away the fact she had once been a dancer - she had too much going on her life in that moment, she didn't need them to know this about her. Her best friend understood that and cleared his throat, getting up just to give out his opinion about the dance and surprisingly, they didn't argue back and simply followed the instructions.

 

''I'm hungry.'' Jungkook suddenly commented, sighing heavily as he sat down on the floor. ''I can go get some food.'' Raehee offered herself as she stood up, knowing the guys were tired. Chanho didn't agree with that ''I'll go w-'' ''It's okay, I can go by myself.'' she shook her hands in front of her best friend's face, smiling gently but that didn't stop someone else from offering to go with her ''I'll go with you'' and again, the female was about to refuse when Jin shook his head ''You can't possibly guess what they want to eat, much less pay for our food and carry it by yourself.'' he argued, having Jungkook looking at him, amused. Taehyung chuckled too and sat down on the floor, waiting until they decided to go out since her best friend didn't actually seem to enjoy the scene. However, after some good ten minutes, they managed to go out, to buy food like they were supposed to.

''Your boyfriend is pretty protecting.'' Seokjin commented - he wanted her to speak to him since he never really got the chance to talk to her, other than that time he banged his head on the floor when he was trying to talk to her or the casual smiles they shared whenever they saw each other at school, or even those small chit chats they managed to pull out whenever they had time to say something beyond hello. The female laughed as she slipped her hands on the back pockets of her jeans as they walked ''He's not my boyfriend, just a very protective and annoying best friend who happens to be a boy.'' she made that clear right away having Seokjin smile at the new information. ''I see.'' he commented, not really knowing what else to say. This made Raehee realize that the first time they met was actually his real self that he was showing. 

''So, what are we getting?'' the female asked as soon as they arrived the market. ''Sandwiches would be fine, actually.'' he commented, making her realize this was an excuse to be with her - she wasn't dumb. ''Alright then, let's get the food.'' with that, both searched around for the food and drinks for them. Just as Jin was about to get his drink, he bumped into someone.

''Jimin?'' he asked, noticing he was too, buying lunch or at least, something to eat. The younger male felt surprised as well to see his hyung on the store but then again, he didn't feel as surprised. ''Where were you last night?'' ''At Ahri's house.'' he calmly answered, picking up a drink and checking out then can as he hummed. ''Did you sleep with her?'' the other asked, shocked with the sudden revelation. ''With her? What? No. I took her home and her mother asked me to stay for dinner and wait until the rain stopped and that's what I did.'' he started, pushing Jin to the cashier ''Then my friend called me and asked me to meet her so I ended up sleeping at her house.'' by now, Seokjin was confused. ''What friend?''

''You don't know her.'' ''Her? Wait, how many girl friends do you actually have?'' none of them was looking where they were walking and this ended with Jimin trying to pull Seokjin back but he still bumped on Raehee on their way to the cashier.

''Oh my god! Are you alrgiht? I'm so sorry!'' Seokjin freaked out, pushing all he was holding onto to Jimin's hands. Jimin watched the scene, amused as he thought he did get away with his  story without having to tell further details. Seokjin on the other hand, seemed way too busy to even try to scold Jimin for not sleeping at home. He spent last night trying to calm one of his close friends down over some problem she was having with her father. Of course she loved her father but sometimes it was hard to put up with him, especially after her mother's death which none of them had fault over but her father kept reminding how it was easier if her mother was still alive and that someone brought a lot of stress into her life. She couldn't exactly blame him for that. He missed her just as much as she did.

''Are you sure you're alright? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you, I was distracted.'' the panicked Jin was simply the funniest thing on the planet. Not only because he didn't let the female speak but also because he gave away the fact that his concern wasn't simply because he bumped into someone but because it was her. Jimin smiled softly at the scene and shook his head slowly from side to side, wondering how his friend could do such thing. ''Jin, you simply bumped into someone, it's not like you ruined her clothes or something.'' Jimin spoke, getting the female's attention as well. She showed off a slight smile, agreeing with the shorter male ''He's right, everything's fine.'' she assured Jin who sighed out of relief. With this, Jimin dropped everything Jin pushed into his arms just after he bumped into the female in his friend's arms.

''Did you find the drinks?'' Raehee asked, holding the food within her two arms. Jin raised the drinks he had picked up for everyone and she nodded her head, taking a look at Jimin who smiled a bit at her - it was awkward for both but before Seokjin could even tell Raehee who that guy was, he excused himself, saying he wasn't going to be home until evening as he had plans ''I'll get going.'' were his last words before he rushed to the cashier, leaving Raehee and Seokjin alone again. He didn't exactly show his friendly side to the female, perhaps because he had way too many problems to solve with his own self. Jin kept quiet, thinking how it wasn't a Jimin likely thing to do but he shrugged it off, understanding that having more than one person to look after - like he did - was something hard to work with. 

''Shall we get going?'' the female asked, gently bumping her shoulder on his to wake him up from all the thoughts that stopped him from being able to focus on what was happening. The male nodded his head slowly and headed to the cashier with her, landing all their belongings on the counter, this giving him enough time to push Raehee's money away. ''I'm paying.'' he informed her knowing that two more people added to the lunch wasn't something he would fuss about.

 

Jimin puffed his cheeks as he stared at what he had paid for. He had yet to convience his friend to eat what he bought and that worried him. ''Come on.'' he whispered, kicking out his leg to bump his foot into Nuri's. The black haired girl looked up from her seat to notice he did indeed buy food for two people. She had previously told him she didn't feel like eating but Jimin being Jimin, he scoffed at her statement and rushed to the nearest store to get food. She didn't protest, getting up quite slowly just to follow him. It was her own character, quiet and lonely like she always pushed out. As they started walking, she parted her lips to speak but she quickly glued them together as she somehow felt like she was bothering him with everything she did. Last night, she called him quite late and by the huge sigh he released over the phone, she understood that he wasn't in the mood to deal with her problems yet, he came. That was bothering the female's brain.

''You can go home.'' she finally managed to say, knowing she wasn't scared of his reaction but somehow, of being alone when she could use a little company. The male stopped suddenly, turned around and rolled his eyes at her, it had always been like this. He was nice towards some people but when it came to deal with her, he'd mostly act like she did and even though she didn't show it, it hurt her a bit. ''Don't be stupid, I ain't leaving you alone.'' Nuri could see behind his words. She could notice how his eyes were tired because he was awake due to what the female put him through last night. Nuri wasn't the one to cry often, much less in front of him but she couldn't hold it in anymore. Jimin hated that in her personality, the fact she didn't let out her feelings easily but the female knew that it could drive him to be tired of her if she let out her feelings often. However, since she cried the night before, she knew he was worried - but she still couldn't honestly say she was grateful for him because maybe she felt like he stood by her stide because he was the only person she allowed to break through her wall.

''Go to sleep, idiot.'' she sighed and shrugged quietly before turning her back on him. She honestly had no idea where she was heading to. All she knew was that she wanted to be alone - even if she wanted company. Her eyes dropped to the floor as her shoes somehow seemed a bit more interesting than the world that surrounded her. Jimin sighed heavily as he watched Nuri fade away. He shook his head slowly but at the same time, his legs didn't allow him to follow her who seemed troubled over everything. The male was mad at himself for somehow feeling relieved over this scene that his eyes were watching. The next thing he knew was that the can he had bought earlier was on the floor, being stepped by his right foot. The male decided to go home as he found out that he couldn't exactly face the female after he let her go the way he did.

 

''I thought you weren't going to join us until evening?'' one of his friends suddenly asked when he saw Jimin walking through the door. Jimin rolled his eyes and walked towards his room quietly. The room fell silent for a second before Taehyung decided to bring up the mood ''Isn't Jungkook's birthday coming up soon?'' he asked, making everyone look at him, even earning a subtle glare from the eldest who was trying to keep it down so he could plan a surprise event. Jungkook grinned softly at his friends ''I already have plans for that.'' he commented, making everyone looked at him. He waited for them to ask him what but since none of them said a thing, he rolled his eyes and stood up from the couch. ''I'm getting Jinri to spend it with me.'' 

A wave of laughter invaded the living room as everyone knew that would be nearly impossible. ''I'm sure she's going to turn you down saying she has better things to do.'' V said, taking a look at the younger and that made the whole room turn into a bet area. The younger crossed his arms and threw himself back on the couch as he let out a sigh. ''You'll see. I'm going to laugh at your faces once she accepts to go out with me.'' he mumbled, more to himself as he tried to come up with a plan. 

''Yeah, you could waste your energies dancing right now becuse that's exactly what you need.'' Taehyung commented, laughing before a sandwich was thrown at him. He kept on laughing as he picked it up. ''Just shut up and eat.'' Jungkook quickly said just before he took a bite of his sandwich that didn't quite feel as tasty. His eyes glared over at V who seemed busy with his food. Just then, he caught the sight of Seokjin who was sitting on the floor, his eyes looking over at the girl he fell in front of the first time and her best friend who seemed way too busy to even bend in with the rest of the human beings that were on the same room.

 

The clock accused three o'clock. For some, it could be used as a day off but for some other, it still meant work. Weekend was nowhere near a rest day. For some, this was just the start of a stressful work day that would like always, fill their time table without giving them enough time to complain about it. After all, it was life.

''Miss Minah?'' a voice called, gaining the female's attention. For some reason, her schedules had been delayed. She was finishing lunch when the papers the other female had been holding onto were slid right in front of her through the clean table of her house. Yet again, another last minute call that didn't leave her a lot of time to prepare for it. Minah's eyes read through the words. She was tired, tired of having to follow all the schedules her father got her - this left her no time to be with her friends, the little she got to meet in between her busy life. ''I'm sorry that I have to cut our meeting short...'' Minah lift her eyes from the papers to see the girl she was having lunch with. Her friend shrugged her shoulders, smiling softly ''That's okay, want me to go with you?'' the suggestion made Minah look at her surprised. 

''It'll be boring for you.'' she told her friend who shrugged her shoulders ''I'll be fine.'' she commented, getting up from the table ''I mean, my idea of fun isn't exactly staring at my brother's face during the weekend. He's going to be home with his girlfriend and all so...'' she continued as Minah stood up. ''I suppose you can come then'' with this, Minah led the way and Hana followed behind. ''You know, it's kinda funny because my best friend works as a waitress too.'' she commented, rushing to the car that was waiting for her outside. 

After both got into the car, Hana looked around ''That's nice.'' she told her, leaning back on her seat as she was honestly interested in Minah's life. They still didn't know that much about each other but so far, things were going alright. ''Is...it a family business?'' Minah suddenly asked, wondering the reasons behind Hana working on the restaurant, if it was like her best friend to pay her studies or simply because...just because. Hana was confused at first, giving Minah a questioning look with her left eyebrow raising as her head was tilted to the same side. ''Oh, I mean, if the restaurant is run by your family.'' she quickly completed her question, earning a slight nod from the other female who brought a slight smile to her lips. ''No.'' she answered, looking down at her hands before continuing ''I'm helping my brother out. We kind of live alone.'' she shrugged her shoulders, suddenly grinning as she shrugged her shoulders ''You know, you do what you have to do.'' she concluded.

Minah bit her lip, feeling a  bit taken aback by Hana's answer. By now, she was wondering if anything happened to her parents but it could be a touchy subject therefore, she decided not to say a thing about it and simply nodded her head ''My best friend is working to pay for college.'' she added, trying to make up for the silence that suddenly invaded the car but it had already settled itself inside the car and Hana wasn't planing on cutting it short since she knew perfectly well how her brain worked and how it couldn't be trusted - the smallest word could actually bring her to remind things she'd rather forget and to avoid that, she kept quiet.

Minah never felt so glad to hear her chauffeur's voice announcing the end of the ride. The door was open for both and Minah insisted to have the other female exit the car first. Once they were both outside, they were lead to the place Minah was supposed to be in; Haneul on the other hand, was a bit surprised at the place they were. She rarely left home - other than for delivering food, which was nowhere near an outing - and coming to a place like this was certainly pleasant for her. ''You work here?'' she asked suddenly turning to the dark haired female who sighed quietly at the question. ''Apparently.'' she mumbled out, making Haneul regret even sounding so excited about all of it. She rubbed her nape and puffed her cheeks, widdening her eyes just slightly in hope the face she was making was enough to make the other female release a soft laugh however, the other female only thought she was weird and frowned a bit, ending up walking ahead. Hana pinched her cheek as she let her face come back to the way it usually looked like and followed the female. ''Sorry about that, my brother usually feels better if I make silly faces.'' she explained her actions only to have the female release a quiet laugh, not because she was funny but for her actual effort to bring up the mood.

''Right on time, as always. Please follow me.'' from far, they could hear what they could swear were two people arguing. Hana peeked through the door just to find two people she could swear she had seen before somewhere. Minah was guided to the make up and the clothing section which made Hana stay back, waiting patiently. Her eyes focused on the two people arguing.

''Tsk, even getting me to come here.'' the female rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest as if she was honestly mad at the male whose height hid the easy going personality he was given. He laughed openly, showing his white teeth to the female as he knew perfectly well she wasn't even mad with it as this was itself a good experience for her. ''As if you had anything better to do in the weekend.'' he pushed her shoulder, laughing out loud as the female scoffed at his words and pushed him too. He knew that sometimes he pushed her to her edges but he had his own way of calming her down and so far, it always worked with her therefore, he wasn't worried.

''Just because you look all cool with those colthes and you're about to pose for one of the most famous magazines doesn't ive you the right to take me away from my studio.'' she fought, glaring at him like there was a war going on. The male laughed ''You were sleeping when I called you though.'' he fought back, hearing his friend gasp as if she was offended with what he just said. She was sleeping indeed but she wasn't going to let him win ''Well, by now I could be in the studio dancing but you forced me to come here, Park Jinyoung!'' she slapped his arm watching him rub it quickly as if she actually hurt him. ''Serves you right.'' with this, she stuck out her tongue and turned her back on him, finding herself a chair to sit on. The male only laughed, not bothering to open his eyes that had closed over how funny he thought the situation was.

About twenty minutes later, Minah came out fully dressed, ready for the photoshoot and she gained everyone's attention. She stopped by the photographer who had by then, called Jinyoung to give him some tips about how he should pose. By now, Hana was pushed near to the girl who was arguing with Jinyoung when they arrived. She sat by the female's side and her eyes quickly looked over at the scene in front of her eyes, the photoshoot that was happening.

''That idiot looks way too nervous.'' the female who argued with Jinyoung said, chuckling quietly at the way he tried his best to focus on what he was doing. Hana looked to her side, blinking at the comment the female made about her friend. She kept quiet, for some reason wondering if she was someone she could easily talk to. The female turned her head to see Hana looking at her. ''Can I help you?'' Hana quickly shook her head and looked back at the photoshoot, almost being blinded by the flashes that took place in front of the camera yet were still bright enough to have her feeling her eyes hurting. ''They look pretty cool.'' Hana suddenly commented, having the female beside her raising an eyebrow ''That's Baek Minah, even mud would look great beside her.'' the female commented, laughing.

Hana found the perfect moment to start a conversation, turning to face the female ''I'm Hana.'' she held out her hand making the female nod her head slightly but either way she took her hand and shook it gently ''Jinri.'' she informed before both decided to watch Jinyoung and Minah. Suddenly both started laughing over a small accident that happened, Jinyoung had leaned against something and it broke, making him fall on the floor. ''I have so many reasons to about this.''

 

 

 

A.N.: I'm back! I'm sorry for not updating for so long but I kind of had a two week hiatus and I couldn't write because I didn't have my laptop. I honestly apologize for it but to make it up to you guys, I will be posting more often, before I get busy again. Anyways, I really hope you guys liked this chapter, don't forget to leave your feedback and suggestions if you'd like! I can almost promise that next chapter is going to be more interesting. Thanks for the support! Stay tunned!!