´chapter seven

end school - a bts fanfic; story has started

Hoseok had decided to fight his problems in a different way. He didn't want to torture himself with his thoughts, he decided to go out and hang out with people he cared for and that cared for him as well. Soojung was someone he trusted and somehow he knew that just by the fact she'd be around him, his problems would weigh less on his shoulders; that was what friendship meant in all honestly - sharing, not only the good things that happened in their lives, but also the bad that affected one or the other. It would automatically be their problem and not only Hoseok's problem anymore.

 

The male sat with her friend, not caring enough to look around and notice the small details of the place they were sitting in, such as the huge glass walls that parted them from the rain outside - some called it windows but in Soojung's opinion, those were too big to be called windows; they looked more like walls, clean and nice walls that didn't let the cold from the outside affect the warmness that was found inside. Soojung's lips had a huge smile on them; Hoseok was always a good reason for her to feel happy. Just the sound of his name was enough anyways.

 

''Ready to go back to classes?'' the male woke Soojung up from her thoughts. Her smile fell as she tried to understand what he said to her but she didn't want to ask him to repeat the question therefore, she shrugged her shoulders - giving it off a middle term, if it was a question that was meant to be answered as yes, she wouldn't have answered with no and if it was a question that was meant to be answered with a no, she wouldn't have said yes. A middle term was always good to avoid hearing teasing from Hoseok who'd mostly know if she was distracted.

 

However, for this once, Hoseok didn't seem to understand she wasn't paying attention to his words - his features seemed more interesting anyways - since he nodded his head slowly and peeked down at the menu; this was not the usual Hoseok. If Soojung thought about it, he'd rarely ask to meet her out of the school due to the dream he wanted to pull to his reality and live on as his life. Something had to be wrong and that was the conclusion the female came to. ''Is everything alright with you and the guys?'' her long hair slid over to her right side as she tilted her head slightly, wanting to catch Hoseok's attention since his eyes were staring at the paper he had in his hands, without paying any kind of attention to it.

 

Like usual, he chuckled, lifting his head and shaking it slowly from side to side ''We're okay'' he lied; maybe spending time with her would clear his mind - he didn't want to spend that time thinking about his problems but Soojung had different plans. She reached for his hands, glaring at him ''I know you. I know it when you're not fine, especially when you act like this. Let's talk about it.''

 

Her words hit Hoseok's ears. Most of the sound was absorbed by his ears; maybe because those weren't as important as the few others that would later roll down her lips, the small amount that wasn't absorbed reached Nuri's ears. Her brain slowly translated those soft mumbles into words she could understand, making her sigh out at the thought of someone caring for her like Soojung did for Hoseok. Her eyes didn't leave her pinky; the sight of that ring somehow comforted her - it was okay if nobody was beside her, her mother never really left her.

 

With that same hand, she reached for her bag, smiling a bit at how she noticed her notebook didn't get wet. She pulled out a pencil after managing to grab one and landed the old notebook she had with her, on her lap. It was full of music sheets, mostly the songs she managed to play whenever she was on the piano room but that notebook did hide a few secrets as well, out of the few piano music sheets filled with those images she was able to read off the lines, only her brain could pull off the meaning of a few other doodles around those pages. Her left hand, that held the pencil, gently approached the paper; she was about to draw another line when a hand landed on her shoulder, shaking her who hid the notebook - probably it was someone who had mistaken her.

 

Her eyes ripped away from the paper and looked up at the person who stood there. Her cold stare didn't make the person feel less confident about the step he took. He actually looked relaxed, perhaps even cool about this situation in which she had no idea of how to act. He didn't ask her if he could join her. He sat beside her, peeked over at the notebook like he owned it. Nuri rolled her eyes and closed it; she was about to shove it inside her bag when he caught her wrist and pulled the notebook away.

 

''Give it back.'' she asked him, sighing as she held out the hand where her pinky ring stood out. The male blinked upon hearing her voice - it was almost shocking for him to hear it; they shared a conversation in which he spoke all the words there were to speak right until the very end. He couldn't risk having her going quiet again with a smart remark that swung on the back of his head, bothering him to come out. He managed to control it. Nuri on the other hand didn't seem happy with the situation. She held out her hand, deciding she shouldn't even bother about the fact he was going to read her notebook - he wouldn't understand it anyways.

 

Yoongi peeked inside, frowning at how complicated her way of viewing the world seemed. All those doodles somehow made it look like she was caged inside a place she was unable to break free from. He looked at her, wanting to ask her that question but she wasn't even looking at him. She had her eyes on the rain that was outside, her hand still held out in hope he'd respect her privacy like he should and hand back the notebook he just stole. He was just losing points if he forced things like this. Sighing, he returned the notebook to her who took it and shoved it on her bag and got up, leaving him there, alone.

 

His eyes followed her out; once she wasn't any longer inside the shop, he looked in front of him, blinking at the sight of something she left behind. He smiled a bit, picking up the drink and sipping on it ''She likes chocolate.'' he concluded, relaxing on his seat as he hummed quietly. ''I'll get down to you, just wait.'' he glared at the drink that he had set on the table once again, promising this to the air.



 

''You'll see, it'll be fun, come on.'' Haneul whined as she so far was failing to convince Minah to follow her to the dance studio she used to practice in. Mianh didn't like dancing that much - or at least, that was what she wanted people to think of her. Haneul sighed, wondering if there was any reason for this sudden refusal; she didn't want, however, to make her friend uncomfortable therefore, she just let go of it, hugging the basketball to her chest.

 

''I need to go, school starts tomorrow and I need some sleep.'' Minah spoke, surprising Haneul who wondered why she still acted this way when she was only pulling the loneliness to cover her comfortably if that could even be said. ''Do you want me to take you home or something?'' Minah refused once again, Haneul's proposal, making the female sigh and nod her head ''Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow in school.'' she shrugged her shoulders, walking back to the park they exited a while ago due to the rain. At least she didn't feel like going home, not yet.



 

The sun broke the darkness that had taken over the city last night; for some reason, the dark colored clouds simply disappeared, showing off the blue sky many people liked staring at - rain was bothersome for them but the sun only meant good things were about to happen. The group of seven boys arrived the school, groaning at how early it was - in their opinion, it was way too early to even have the sun up. They didn't forget the fact they had classes the day after but just the thought of going back to school made them want to do anything but sleep. Although the group was reunited, none of them dared to talk. It was almost like it was a tradition for them, walking through the gates in the first day of school to hear comments that they'd rather ignore or some squeals from their admirers, mostly redirected to Jimin or Jungkook. They still shrugged it off.

 

From a small distance, Jungkook caught the sight of the girl he had invited to his birthday a few days ago - she didn't show up. He rolled his eyes; she was playing hard to get and even though he liked this in her, he was getting pissed. He was bound to make things work between them, he just needed a little push. However, Jinri kept pushing him the opposite way, it didn't help... the slightest. ''You guys go ahead, I have things to take care of.'' the younger one called out to his group who was too sleepy to even mind whatever 7he said; they kept walking and Jungkook stood behind. His lazy steps took him to meet the female who sighed and even dared to roll her eyes as she noticed he stood by her. She wanted to ignore him but he kept bothering her.

 

''I think I left my... phone on the library, I'll see you in a while~'' Jinri's best friend quickly said, running away; she didn't give her enough time to react. ''Traitor...'' she mumbled under her breathe as she watched her best friend's body run away from her. Now, she had no other chance but to confront the male whose eyes were on her. She leaned against the wall, crossing her arms as she looked at him ''What do you want now? Did you come to apologize for what you did? Because it if isn't it, then you don't need to say anything else.'' the words rolled off her lips but Jungkook had his mind set to something.

 

''You and I both know that's not what I came here for.'' he too, crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his head to the side, keeping his eyes on the female who scoffed - would he ever stop bothering her? Yes, it was called bothering since she didn't enjoy the slightest part of his company...did she? Jinri shook her head at how confident Jungkook claimed to be with those words - empty words, in her opinion; Jungkook was empty anyways. She turned to leave, glaring at the male once his feet kicked the dust off the floor, right in front of her own feet - if she wasn't careful enough, she'd be facing the floor. Her glare only amused him more.

 

By now, she understood she had no other option but to at least hear him out therefore, she turned her body to face him ''Be quick, I have things to take care of.'' she spat out, pretending to clean the dust off her skirt as her eyes landed on her now dirty shoes. He should choose his next words carefully before she got mad. The male smiled in victory but he didn't give her the pleasure of witnessing it. ''Meet me in the gym on lunch.'' he called out, watching her eyes run all the way from her shoes to his own eyes. She parted her lips to speak but Jungkook shook his head, flickering her forehead with his finger ''I want a chance and if you're not willing to give it to me, then I guess I will have to keep ... being me.'' he was good. Good at messing her life and getting her pissed. ''I'll wait for you there.'' with this, he walked off, nodding his head to himself as he mentally patted himself on the back with what he just did. Smart move.

 

On the other hand, Jinri blew the hair that had covered part of her features - he was just frustrated with Jungkook and this new side of him that seemed more annoying than ever. ‘’Kang Sujin, just wait until I get my hands on you..’’ she warned her best friend who wasn’t even there to hear her - either way, she knew she needed to protect herself as Jinri wasn’t the one to take anything related to Jungkook lightly. The female walked inside, headed to the classroom as she thought of what she could do to get to her best friend. There was no way she would get out of it with a simple warning.

 

She was even surprised to see that her class was there, so early in the morning. Hoseok was looking over some songs as he had missed practice the day before. Taehyung was busy looking into his manga like it was the most precious thing in his world. Minah was also inside the classroom but that didn’t surprise Jinri since that girl was usually the first to get there. Jinri’s eyes scanned the room to find her best friend looking into her phone. Sujin bit her lip as she noticed Jinri was already there. Jinri held up her fist, indicating she was going to hit her ‘’You’re going to miss him once he stops coming after you.’’ the female chuckled, only to see Jinri glare at her and land her fist on her shoulder.

 

That dragged Hoseok’s attention. He laughed, shaking his head slowly as he tried to understand what was so interesting about Jinri that got Jungkook hooked to her. ‘’She’s Jungkook’s soulmate.’’ he commented to Taehyung who surprisingly lift his eyes from the manga he was reading. Taehyung shared the same opinion. Laughing, he nodded slowly ‘’Ten dollars on how Jungkook is going to get her by the end of the week.’’ he called out, peeking at Hoseok who raised an eyebrow. ‘’You’re on.’’


 

The classes were pretty boring, as usual. Most the teachers simply decided to add some more weight to the one that already buried the students. Homework was just pure horror to a few of them who claimed to have little time to even breathe. But luckily, lunch hour got everyone pretty excited. Hoseok was probably the first out of the whole group to rush to the cafeteria. He was hungry after all, it was something everyone could understand. He surprisingly stopped by class c’s room and called Namjoon out. Namjoon stared at him for quite a few minutes - he had to be dragged out. Jimin had dragged his feet out of the room lazily as the thought of food didn’t appeal him - he was still worried over Nuri whilst his head was divided over his feelings and his duty.

 

‘’There he goes!’’ Yejin almost shouted as she pointed to Jimin. Ahri blinked at how serious her best friend was. ‘’Let’s follow him!’’ she whispered, pulling Ahri to her side just to gasp as Nuri approached Jimin. Both, Ahri and Yejin collided against the nearest wall, almost as if they wanted to unify with the white division. Yejin was shocked as she peeked through the lockers. ‘’Isn’t that the black haired girl he was the other day? Oh My God! This is s-’’ ‘’Yah, Yejin, cut it out…’’ Ahri sighed, pushing her best friend so she could walk to the canteen.

 

Nuri stood by Jimin’s side as they slowly walked together. Jimin seemed lost in thoughts but he was aware of her presence. ‘’I don’t want you to give up on your life for me. I just asked you to comprehend my situation.’’ she honestly told him, sighing as her eyes landed on the ring that was wrapped around her pinky. The male that walked by her side sighed quietly at the thought of her words. He couldn’t simply move on with his life if his friend was closing herself to everyone the way she was. He didn’t want to leave her alone, even if he could be throwing Ahri away by that. ‘’I mean it, Jimin. I think we need some time apart.’’ she continued as she had enough time to notice that she had brought a problem into his life when she never really meant to do so.

 

Before Jimin could even disagree with her, she was gone. His hand reached for her arm but she was already far from him. Instead, his arm hit someone by mistake, only getting him to gasp. Once he noticed who it was, he almost froze. ‘’Yah! If my boyfriend finds out you’re hurting me, you’re a dead man!’’ an annoying voice shouted, making Jimin groan as he bowed, apologizing. It was Suga’s ‘’girlfriend.’’ She just put herself above everyone so it was no surprise he wasn’t fond of her. ‘’He’s going to know about this!’’ she annoyingly shouted, pointing at him just to gasp at his outburst ‘’Yah, I don’t ing care. Take your ty, annoying nagging elsewhere. For ’s sake.’’ he shouted at her, walking away with all his might - he really didn’t care for her words.


 

‘’Skipping lunch?’’ Jungkook leaned against the mirror on the school’s gym. Jimin had just arrived - he actually wanted to be alone but he just invaded Jungkook’s practicing place when he was in the middle of a routine and the younger didn’t seem to mind. Maybe it was because of the expression Jimin wore over his features - it was almost sick the way he looked so worried about everything. ‘’Something went wrong with Ahri?’’ his voice sounded concerned as he noticed that the cheerful Jimin he liked so much was nowhere to be seen.

 

‘’It’s not just Ahri. I mean, we’re fine… kind of. I mean Nuri. I’m worried for her.’’ he sighed, sitting down on the wooden floor his feet had furiously hit against just so many times the past months during which he had practice hard enough to collect his weight in sweat and even tears sometimes. ‘’I’m just so tired, Jungkook. It’s like, the closest I manage to get Ahri, the further away Nuri drifts.’’ Jungkook looked at the elder concerned. He was a bit confused at the talk they were having since he didn’t acknowledge Nuri. He knew perfectly well who Ahri was over the many times Jimin had blabbed random stuff about. But Nuri? The name didn’t exactly ring a bell. ‘’She’s just so frustrating sometimes, I swear. And Ahri too!’’ Jimin suddenly shouted loudly, wanting to release his stress. Jungkook stood there, quietly looking at the shorter male who seemed near a breakdown. What could he do? Besides standing by his side, there was little he could do. And he was frustrated over it.



 

By the cafeteria, the environment was pretty much hypered. It was not only the fact Hoseok was back, whining about everything and making sure of some more stuff. No, it was just not the fact Namjoon was also sitting by the table. No, the thing was, Christmas was just around the corner. Just the thought of it got everyone pretty hypered. ‘’Are we really going to practice on Christmas Eve?’’ Taehyung frowned as he rest his cheek over the wooden table. It was cold, but he didn’t mind since he was done eating. ‘’It’s not like you have anything to do on Christmas Eve. I mean, you aren’t visiting your parents, are you?’’ Namjoon coughed as nobody seemed to want to go home for holidays. ‘’Wasn’t Jungkook going to go home?’’ Seokjin asked, tilting his head as he tried to remember if it was Jungkook who had said he wanted to go home.

 

A laugh was heard from Suga who was quiet, only listening to the conversation. ‘’Please, he just wants to see if Jinri says anything. Do you think he would go home? He would get a scolding for all he has done the past year. If you think for awhile, the only reason why we had Summer school was because Jimin and Jungkook decided to play on the hallway tag and ended up  kicking a hole on a pipe...how did they even do that?’’ the thought of it got the whole table laughing at what happened. ‘’Speaking of those two...where are they? They really can’t live without each other…’’ Seokjin looked around to see if any of them was following the girls they liked like a lost puppy but they were nowhere to be seen.

 

‘’Jungkook said he was going to surprise Jinri.’’ Taehyung called out, nodding his head before hearing the leader of the group snorting. ‘’I think he’s the one going to be surprised because I’m pretty sure that it is her, calmly eating her lunch to avoid him.’’ again, the whole table started laughing but soon they stopped as a loud squeal was heard.

 

Their eyes curiously searched for the source of the noise. None of them was surprised to see Taeyeon standing in the middle of the confusion. Suga rolled his eyes and lowered his head so she wouldn’t even think of coming to him if she looked their way. ‘’What do you think you’re doing?’’ she shouted loudly, looking at her uniform that had been wet by the water left on the cup Nuri carried in her tray. Nuri sighed quietly ‘’It’s just water.’’ she called out, feeling quite mad to have Taeyeon standing in the middle of her problems. ‘’My uniform is wet!’’ she shouted, slapping the tray to the floor.

 

‘’Dude, he’s crazy…’’ Taehyung whispered to Yoongi who sighed, pushing his chair out noisily so Taeyeon would pay attention to it. ‘’Would you stop?’’ he called out to her, surprising her. Nuri also looked his way but she quickly rolled her eyes and walked off, to the piano room she was so fond of. Taeyeon was quick to run up to Yoongi who didn’t seem amused with the situation - the whole cafeteria had gone back to their daily routine but that only lasted for a second as Yoongi was tired of the sick way Taeyeon acted. He stepped on his chair, then on the table. ‘’I want your attention, please.’’ he called out, surprising even his group.

 

Taeyeon was all smiles, expecting something good to come off this ‘’I just want to inform all of you that due to this girl’s sick behaviour and actually the lack of my interest, she’s single.’’ Taeyeon’s smile fell as soon as she heard those words. His group stared at him but soon the cafeteria fell into a loud laughter convention, expelling the female from the room out of embarrassment. Once Yoongi came down, Seokjin stared at him ‘’I know you had your reasons but that was just...not nice.’’

 

Haneul, that was sitting by, scoffed at the announcement Yoongi had to make. ‘’These jerks…’’ she whispered, shaking her head at how he embarrassed the girl. Yes, she was loud but it was just something nice to do. ‘’I swear he would be headless if it was me who he did that do.’’ she commented, sticking the fork on a piece of meat. In front of her, sat Minah who was still looking at their table while sipping on some juice. Nobody was expecting Yoongi to do what he did. ‘’I’m not sure how I would react but I don’t think I would want to see him again…’’ she commented after gently landing the package that held the juice, down on the table. It was simply disrespectful.

 

‘’Hey, huh...I have to go, I’m late, will you be okay?’’ Minah suddenly stood up, surprising Haneul who nodded once. She had noticed Minah didn’t like being late as she had this little self in her that looked like a clock - always on time. Haneul was most certainly, ninety percent of the times late to whatever but Minah was almost one hundred percent of the time on time. With a gentle wave of her petite hand, she left the table and rushed to get her stuff together. Her vocal class were about to start - she wasn’t even late but if she stood there for long, she would be and that was something that she didn’t think her father would see as pleasant. He would probably just scold her and that was probably the last thing she wanted to happen. Avoiding scolding was just her style.

 

Like she was expected, she arrived the room just on time. There were already a few students inside but the teacher was still nowhere to be seen, which was something she felt thankful for. If the teacher was there, she would feel embarrassed for even walking in late - having all the attention on her (more times than it was necessary) made her feel sick. She didn’t like it in general but she couldn’t avoid it. Whilst this kind of unwanted attention, could be avoided.



 

‘’I’ll be right back.’’ Seokjin suddenly called out loud as he noticed Raehee just walked inside the canteen. He was surprised to see her walking in when the lunch hour was almost over. He rushed up to meet her, greeting her with a huge smile that she retributed with her own after pushing her glasses against her forehead so they wouldn’t slide down her nose. It was annoying sometimes. ‘’Why are you coming so late?’’ he asked, a bit concerned as he hadn’t seen her. It was the first time he saw her that day so he had the right to be worried. Raehee stopped by the vending machine, searching for some money in her pocket.

 

After taking a look at the options, she pushed the money into the machine and punched the numbers of the buttons the food she wanted belonged to. ‘’I don’t like noisy places and I got caught up reading a book.’’ she honestly answered him, smiling to herself. Seokjin was quick to lean down and pick up the food that was brutally pushed down to the place where people picked their choices from. The female smiled at his gentleman like action. ‘’Thank yo-’’ but he pulled the food away from her, hiding it behind his back. Raehee frowned a bit as she watched a smile growing over his lips. ‘’Let me keep you company.’’ he suggested, earning a soft smile from her.

 

It served him as confirmation, therefore, he held the food out to her, watching her take it - her hand brushed against his, gently, making both feel a bit shy over it but they decided to smile it off. Considering the female had said she wasn’t fond of noisy places, he suggested her to have lunch somewhere else, simply holding his hand out in the middle air so she would walk ahead of him, leading the way. It was exactly what she did. She walked out, towards the classroom she has been sitting on. Jin didn’t seem to mind. He pulled a random chair out, sitting by facing the back of the chair so he could cross his arms over it and look at her. ‘’That’s not nice, that’s not your chair.’’ Raehee called out as she sat down by her own desk, opening the package that contained the food she bought. He shrugged his shoulders like he really didn’t care about it.



 

It was that time of the month when Eunji wrote down quite a few words about her month and how she was doing since Christmas was coming, she would have a lot of things to talk about by January. She had only now noticed that the lunch hour was over since she was done writing - she missed it. Sighing, she just rest her head on the desk to sleep as she thought over who the hell the person she has been talking to might be. She usually found her letters by her manga therefore, she usually left her own by her manga, in a different page since the person who wrote the letters seemed to understand it was to him or her. It was fun for her.

 

The person seemed quite mess but she didn’t mind the slightest. It was fun and that was all that mattered. Thankfully, she had someone to share stuff with and she wasn’t judged, that was all she ever asked for. ‘’Let’s meet up. I will wait for you on Christmas’ Eve. By the school gate.’’ she whispered to herself at the thought of the few last words she wrote to Taehyung without knowing it was him who she was writing to. Her heart raced just at the thought meeting the male. It was exciting, of course it was. She even smiled to herself. She couldn’t wait. In her silence, she held words she wanted to say but wasn’t able to. At least having a dream to hold onto was comforting but at the same time, very tiring. She couldn’t come up with any memory of the last time she enjoyed even spending time with the people she liked. It was hard being her. It was hard being judged by a world that didn’t give her enough time to shine. Thinking of it only got her feeling down, depressed over the path she was forced to take to get to her goals.



 

‘’Park Jimin!’’ a soft voice called out, earning the male’s attention. He was surprised to see Ahri standing by the door of the gym. Jungkook was nowhere to be seen - that little rat. ‘’Are you planning on getting up today?’’ she asked him as she invited herself inside the empty gym. He didn’t seem to care. In fact, he even shrugged his shoulders at what she just said to him. She stopped in front of him, holding out her hands for him in hope he would them and stand up. ‘’I’m missing my classes to come here, did you know that?’’ she laughed - after Jungkook told her where Jimin was, she just got there in a blink. He would do the same for her if there was need to anyways.

 

His eyes carefully scanned her features. It was not like he paid a lot of attention to classes anyways but she was different than him, thankfully. The way she saw school was just fascinating to him. While she solved those problems easily just like she breathed in and out, Jimin struggled to get his maths done. But still he wouldn’t turn back time and change a thing. Over the times she actually told him she wouldn’t mind if he joined her for studying, his eyes were on her, not on the math he was supposed to be focusing on. Her long blond hair was more interesting than the way the numbers were displayed on the paper together with some annoying letters he couldn’t get rid of.

 

‘’Jimin?’’ Ahri waved her hands in front of his face to wake him up from his daydream. The male broke free from his thoughts and paid attention to her who was almost whining to get his attention. He was just so lucky that the gym was not used after three because of the clubs that took place after the lunch hour. He usually practiced after five with his group, which meant he still had some time. His hands reached for hers but instead of letting her pull him up, he pulled her down and took her in his embrace. ‘’Stop making me hate myself for not having you, will you?’’ he mumbled, sighing quietly as he rest his chin over her shoulder. His mind still had a lot to think about.

 
 
a.n: these little punks are giving me a hard time omg, it's been so long since i last updated - i can't believe how bad i've been to you guys ; n ; like nooooo. but to make up, here it is, a fresh update that i've been wanting to publish for so long. i hope you guys enjoy it! let me know on the comments and omg i'm officially back? so i can almost promise more frequent updates from now on cause bts is inspiring me idk why LOL HAHHAH anyways, enjoy < 3 and well, i will see you guys soon CAUSE IMMA DO A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL TADAAAM - ups i just spoiled the surprise :/ i'm such a bad person e w e;; anyways DID YOU GUYS MISS MEEEE??? /slapped hahaha ermg, my birthday is coming up < 3 o/ okay- i think i should just go cause wtf? anyways, sorry for being freaking random. hope you guys have a nice day and don't get sick, guys! also, thanks for reading and leave your comments cause they are loved  < 3