VIII - Walk beside me and be my friend

Kings of Anything

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 8/?

 

(Chapter focus: Kyuhyun, Kibum and Siwon)

VIII 

Walk beside me and be my friend

 

September 20, 20xx, Friday

KYUHYUN

 

“I’m sleepy.” Kean yawned as she rested her head on her arms. Her eyelids are slowly drooping, and she slowly wiped the tears formed in the corner of her eyes because of the yawn.

“How was Bulacan?” I asked, my eyes still focused on my notes. Kean and I are both busy ‘reviewing’ for our long exam in Philosophy 27 since we still have an hour and a half before the said class starts. Both of us are taking the subject course at the current semester. We decided to stay in the cafeteria for a while to review for our dreaded long exam in Philo 27 since there aren’t as much people in here as it was during lunch time.

Most of the time, Kean and I take at least one subject course together, mostly one of the GEs that are available for everyone. We really don’t know the reason why, but we’re really comfortable in each other’s company. She also said that she needs someone to ask for notes when she’s too lazy to do them or to ask about some things that she didn’t understand during the discussion. Can you really feel how important I am to her? Take note of the oozing sarcasm from my last statement.

“Fine. Ang init dun.” Kean blinked as she stared at nowhere. Dark bags are evident under her eyes, since she said she stayed up all night reviewing for our LE in Philo 27 and her LE in Journ 101. “Oh, I forgot to bring the pastillas that my mom wants to give you. It had been with me for days since I always forget to bring them, and I am dying to eat them already but since it isn’t mine, I can’t. It’s like mental torture, you know? I only get to stare at the box of food that I badly want to eat. Tsk, she even wanted to give you a pack while I get nothing.” {Ang init 'dun - it's hot there (referring to the temperature)}

I grinned and stuck my tongue out. “Ha. Your mom loves me.”

“Even more than how much she loves me. Cool.” Sarcasm was written all over her face and the tone that she used. Kean’s mom finds me interesting (based in what Kean told me) and I don’t even know why, but I’m glad that she does. There are even some times wherein she would pair Kean and I up, saying that we look good together and that we’re both free and single. When that situation comes, Kean and I would just stare at each other and say ‘Eew’ or ‘Gross’. Thinking about having a romantic relationship with her is like thinking of having that relationship with my sister and that is , which is gross.

“Ganun talaga pag pogi. Everyone likes me, and I can’t do anything about it.” I shrugged and grinned, only to receive a glare from Kean. “Akalain mo yun, Malolos is such a small city, yet, I only got to meet you in college, here in Baguio City.” {Ganun talaga 'pag pogi - idk how to translate this literally.. but kyu is saying that he can use his handsomeness to his advantage or something like that (PHElfs, correct me if I'm wrong huhuhu T^T) ; Akalain mo yun - If you come to think of it (?).. (PHElfs, correct me if I'm wrong huhuhu T^T)}

“Well, I’m sorry if I am not as rich as you to be able to study in an international school.” Kean chuckled as she sat up straight. “My mom wanted to save money for my college fees so she decided to send me to Marcelo. But I like it there a lot.”

Marcelo isn’t that far from our school. How come I n—”

“For your information, Mr. Kyuhyun Cho, I’m only one of the two-thousand high school students in my batch that is studying there, and our schedules won’t match since I go home at six in the evening.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I like to stay at school and spend time with my friends.” I only chuckled softly as I shook my head. She was that type of person when we were in high school? If that so, what happened to her? Why does she want to stay alone most of the time? Mm.. something’s fishy, eh?  “Hey, why are you laughing? What’s funny? I know that you do the same as well, with that large group of friends that you have. How many are you again? Fourteen? Sixteen?”

“Fifteen.” I shrugged as I continued to scan my notes.

“How do you even manage to talk to all of them? Fifteen’s a large group. And all of their names are hard to pronounce.”

I shrugged playfully and grinned. “I’m just that awesome you wish you were like me.”

Kean rolled her eyes. “Shut up.” A pout was slowly forming in her lips as she continued to look through her notes. “I really don’t get this. I don’t even know why I took Philo 27 this semester.”

“You took it because I took it. I am your role model.”

“Gago.” Kean laughed as she placed her binder back inside her backpack. I think that she can’t take it anymore since she says that she doesn’t like reviewing in the last minute before the exams because her mind blanks out due to so much pressure of trying to remember so many things. Information overload: that’s what she calls it. In these kinds of situations, bahala na si batman, sabi nya. {bahala na si batman, sabi niya - according to her, leave it to batman (?) ; (an expression that Filipinos used when talking about something that they are not sure of what the outcome will be, whether it is good or bad)}

“So..” I played with my pen as I stared at Kean, tapping the cap on the table. A playful smirk is slowly forming with my lips as I leaned closer to her. Heeee. This would be fun. “Kibum told me about the bus incident.”

Kean’s reaction was what I expected: her eyes widened as she bit her lower lip. I know that kind of expression very well after spending almost three years with her: she does that whenever she feels guilty or she remembers something that she doesn’t want to remember. As if I can read her mind, I know that it is on her most-embarrassing-things-I’ve-done-in-my-nineteen-years-of-existence-and-I-don’t-want-to-talk-about-it list.

I laughed as I watched her duck her head in her arms and acted as if she was sleeping. I poked her head with my pen while laughing. “Guilty as charged, Kean Perez! I know you heard me, so stop pretending!” Kean didn’t budge from her seat. What to do at— wait. I just thought of a brilliant idea. “Oh, Kibum! Over here!” I waved and smirked as I glanced to look at her reaction.

Kean slipped her backpack’s strap on her shoulder and slowly stood up. I can see that she is trying her very best to leave unnoticed, but I am too awesome and I noticed it. I held her arm to stop her from leaving. She looked at me, only to see my playful grin which means ‘get back to your seat and deal with my handsomeness’. She sighed and went back to her seat, her eyes still closed. Haaaa. Can this get any funnier?

“Kibum is not here, you can open your eyes now.” I grinned as I poked her arm.  “You’re too obvious, Kean. Are you avoiding Kibum?”

“I-I’m not avoiding him!” Kean faked a laugh as she held on her backpack’s strap tightly. “What are you saying, you’re funny, Kyu.”

“Your nose, Pinocchio. Stop lying.” I smirked as I wiggled my eyebrows.

“I’m not lying. Shut up, Kyuhyun!”

“If you’re not lying, then why did you turn left to the abortion stairs when in fact you’re headed to CSS?” Both of us jumped from our seats after hearing Kibum’s voice from behind us. I turned to look at him, and he patted my shoulder while chuckling before taking the seat across me.

“I-I’m not!” Kean played with her fingers as she talked. I can see that she was trying her very best to come up with an excuse. My friend isn’t really good at lying, you know. It is really obvious that she’s avoiding Kibum, and maybe, she thought that it isn’t. But she was wrong, oh so wrong. Nothing can escape the sharp eyes of Cho Kyuhyun. “I-I needed to get something from the library that’s why I did that.”

“Oh, talaga?” Kibum raised an eyebrow as he grinned, looking straight into Kean’s eyes while she tried to avoid his gaze. It feels great to watch this scene, it’s really funny. “Maybe that’s the reason why you ran back towards CSS a few seconds after I left.” {Talaga? - Really?}

I heard Kean mumble some word that sounded like ‘’ before she bit her lower lip. “You saw me?”

Kibum nodded with a smile, and I laughed loudly after hearing. “Tangina, you’re freaking hilarious, Kean." I said after a few seconds of laughing. Kean hit me with her backpack thrice, trying to stop the continuous laughter that came out from my mouth. But what can I do? I really find it funny.

Kibum chuckled softly and smiled. “Don’t worry, Kean. It’s nothing. I just find it funny and weird at the same time.”

Kean just nodded as she covered her face with her hands. Is she crying? “Hey, stop covering your face. I’m just making fun of you.” I tried my best to take her hands off of her face, but I only earned a powerful nudge from her, feeling so much pain in my stomach, it even made me wince in pain. What the hell! That hurts, bigtime! “W-what the f-! That hurts, Kean!”

From the corner of my eye, I saw Kibum laugh as he watched Kean and I. I was clearly whining in pain, since it really hurts so much. Where on earth did Kean get that kind of strength? Dang, if only I knew, I should’ve kept my mouth shut.

“Does it hurt that much?” Kean asked curiously as she looked at me.

“If I do that to you, how do you think would it feel?” I threatened to hit her with my elbow, but quickly retrieved it as I rubbed my stomach once again. It really hurts, damn.

“It’s your fault anyways!” Kean hissed and crossed her arms.

“But it’s not right to hit me! Sadista!” I hissed. { Sadista! - Sadist!}

Kean scoffed and hugged her backpack. I scoffed as well and pinched her arm, which made her wince. In return, I received another set of nudging from her. That’s how she shows her love for me. I can really feel it, damang dama ko. {damang-dama ko - I can really feel it (?)}

“Kean,” Kibum called and she looked up. “If you’re thinking about the bus incident, don’t worry. It’s nothing. Kyuhyun is the only one who laughs about it. Just forget about it, okay?”

Kean blinked and looked at me. “But this guy won’t forget.”

“Yes, because you were sitting beside a cute oppa who won’t understand you that night.” I wiggled my eyebrows as I looked at her. I grinned and nudged Kean.

“See! He’d use it to his advantage!” Kean ruffled her hair in annoyance.

“Don’t worry.” Kibum smiled at her. “I’ll take care of it.” Kibum grabbed his phone and dialed a number. “Hello? Ara noona?”

My eyes widened as soon as I heard Ara noona’s name. Dang, I am dead. He’s using my sister against me once again. Kibum knows it well that I love my sister so much, and that whatever she says is supposed to happen. Her words are my laws, and I can’t do anything about it. “H-hey! Kibum! Don’t call noona!”

Kean grinned as she watched Kibum. She knows that ing fact as well. Damn. “Go Kibum! Thank you!”

Kibum smiled as he talked. “Noona, Kyuhyun is causing trouble. What should I do? Mm.. Can I? Okay, I’ll tell him you told me. Okay noona. Bye, take care of yourself.” He turned to look at me. “Noona told me to delete DoTA in your laptop, and she means it.”

My jaw almost dropped. DoTA is a huge part of my life, and deleting it means deleting one-half of myself. No. No. That can’t happen. “A-are you for real, Kim Kibum?”

“Do I look like I’m joking, Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Don’t delete it! You can’t!”

“Let’s make a deal.” Kibum rubbed his chin as he thought of a good deal. “Stop making fun of Kean about the bus incident and I won’t delete it. Don’t worry, I won’t tell Ara noona.”

I grimaced. Damn, he got me there. “Deal!” I turned to look at Kean who has a large grin on her face. “You got yourself a knight in shining armor, huh.”

Kean just smiled. “Thank you, Kibum. I owe you one.”

“Well, if you do owe me, buy me something to drink.” Kibum opened his bag and took out a plastic container filled with spaghetti. He cooked it this morning since his class starts at eleven-thirty. He looked at me and offered me some, but I just shook my head and avoided his gaze. I’m not in the mood to eat some goddamn spaghetti right now.

Kean chuckled. “Yes sir!” She stood up and quickly made her way towards the food stalls to buy some drink.

“Tss.” I scoffed. “You are such a meanie. I hate you.”

Kibum grinned as he ate some of the spaghetti. “Love you too, Kyu.”

My plan backfired on me. Damn.

**

 

September 24, 20xx, Tuesday

SIWON

 

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Choi!” My students greeted as soon as I entered the classroom. I gave all of them a smile as I stopped by the teacher’s table in the middle of the room. All of them were smiling at me— well, all of the girls. Some of the boys looked like they were in pain or anything, but I’m not really sure.

“Good afternoon, class.” I placed my book and my lesson plan on the table as I gestured for all of them to remain standing. No matter what happens, we must always start every meeting with a prayer to thank the Lord for the wonderful day that He has given all of us. “Let’s start our meeting with a prayer. Any volunteer?”

Almost all of the female students inside the classroom raised their hands. I am used to these kinds of things. I overheard from some of the students that most female students that I teach have a crush on me, even my co-teachers tease me about it. I am just doing my job, and it is to teach them what I know. I am also amused at the fact that my female students always lead the prayer and that I still need to call one of the boys to do it. Do they hate me or anything? That I am not sure of, but what I find amusing is the fact that some of my male students ask for some advice about girls since most of the female students in school say, ‘I’ll only like you if you’re like Sir Choi.’ These kinds of situations only make me shake my head and laugh.

Jillian, one of my students, volunteered to lead the prayer. (She was the loudest among the class to say ‘Me!’ that I noticed her among the group of girls who were raising their hands). I must say that she’s one of the brightest students in this school, and she’s running for valedictorian for their whole batch in their graduation.

After the prayer, all of the students sat on their respective seats and from the corner of my eyes, I saw the female students staring at me dreamily. I shook my head in amusement and continued with what I am supposed to do. After all, I got used to it after three years of teaching in this school.

I wore my glasses and started to scan the book. My eyesight isn’t as good as it was before. “Can anyone tell me what we did last meeting?” The girls raised their hands once again, but I decided to call a male student who sis seated at the back. From what I remember, his name is Jelo. “Jelo, can you summarize our discussion last meeting?”

Jelo blinked and cleared his throat as he stood up. “Our la—”

A knock interrupted the class, and all eyes, even mine, stared at the door. I placed my book back on the table. “Excuse me, class.”

“Sir Choi, someone is looking for you. She wants to meet you, ASAP.” The security guard, Manong Nilo, said as soon as I opened the door. {Manong - ahjussi }

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him. Who would want to meet me, ASAP at this time? I am in the middle of my class and I can’t entertain a visitor at the moment. “I’ll be off for lunch in an hour, kuya. Please tell her to wait for a while if she can. If not, she can come back some other day soon, but not during class hours.” I gave him a small smile and a nod. “Thank you, kuya.{Kuya - oppa/hyung}

“You’re welcome, Sir Choi.” Manong Nilo gave me a nod before leaving. I closed the door and went back to the center aisle, bringing my attention back to my students. “So, what was I saying?”

 

Never in my three years of teaching have I encountered a parent visit me at this hour, moreover, without knowing the reason why— or that’s what I thought. From what I remember, I haven’t done anything to one of my students that is worthy of having their parents come here at school and personally talk to me. Curiosity is eating the hell out of me, and I can feel the cold sweat running down my cheek as I take each step down the stairs and onto the lobby.

A tall girl was standing right next to Manong Nilo, probably having a small chit-chat as she waited for me. I blinked as I looked at her; a tall physique, wearing uniquely stylish clothes that I think Heechul would wear if he was born as a woman: black and silver skinny jeans, a red blouse with long, black sleeves, and a pair of red pumps with studs on the side. She looked young and she doesn’t seem like a parent of any of my student. Maybe a sister or an aunt or anything that is younger than a mom.. or is she one of my student’s mother?

“Oh, Sir Choi is there, ma’am.” I heard Manong Nilo say and gave me a nod.

The girl slowly turned around and gave me a smile. “Hi, Siwon.”

“Phoebe,” I gasped in horror. My eyes widened as I took a few hesitant steps forward, and then backward as Phoebe stepped forward. An awkward smile is all that I was able to give her at the moment. “W-what brings you here?”

Of all times, I never expected to see Phoebe in here. I never even expected her to know that I work here. It feels a little creepy.

“I just wanted to see the place where you work, besides that bookstore.” Phoebe smiled as she looked around. “This school is a little.. small?”

“N-no, this is only the high school department. The building across the street is the elementary department and the gym over there belongs to the school as well.” I pointed at the buildings that I was talking about. “Anyways, h-how did you know that I work here?”

“I have my sources.” She winked at me and chuckled. What kind of sources? That made me think.

I rubbed my nape and sighed. Almost all of the students seated on the tables a few meters away from us are looking at me with their eyebrows raised. “What are you doing here? I’m still working.”

“But it’s your lunch break, so technically, you’re not. Have lunch with me!” Phoebe smiled, reaching out for my hand but I quickly placed them inside my pockets. She raised an eyebrow as she tilted her head. Confusion can clearly be seen on her face. “What’s wrong? My hands are clean.”

“I-it’s not like that, Phoebe.” I chuckled awkwardly. “I’m a teacher here and my students are here as well, and they are looking at us at the very moment.”

“And you’re saying that I’m not supposed to hold your hand?”

“Yes, that’s right. I jus— whoa, Phoebe, what are you doing?” My eyes widened as soon as Phoebe hooked her arms with mine and dragged me out of the school premises as quickly as possible.

“I’ll see you later, Manong guard!” She waved at him and turned to look at me. “I’m not allowed to hold your hand, but you never said that this is not allowed.”

I gave myself a mental face palm as I watched Phoebe’s happy expression as we walked. This girl really is something. I don’t know how many times I’ve said this, but she really is different from all of the girls that I have ever met, and her boldness and expressiveness surprise me until now.

“So.. is there a nice restaurant around here somewhere?” Phoebe’s eyes roamed around the place.

“None. There’s nothing here, Phoebe. And I need to get back inside the school.” I I was being honest. There really is nothing here, except for the small stalls and stores where students buy some useless things. I tried my best to remove Phoebe’s arm from mine, but her grip was tight.

“Those little stores in there will do.” Phoebe smiled as she unhooked her arm from mine and walked towards the small stalls along the highway. I sighed and followed her, standing beside her as she bought some food. She really won’t give up, huh? “What do you want, Siwon? My treat.”

I shook my head. “No, Phoebe. I will pay for this.”

She raised an eyebrow as she looked at me. “I want to pay for it.”

“I’ll pay for it, Phoebe.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes, and that’s final.” She opened to say something, but I placed my finger on her lips to stop her from speaking. I smiled. “No but’s.” I saw a faint blush color her cheeks, and it made me chuckle. “I’ll have a burger, kuya. Thanks.” I took out my wallet from my back pocket and got a 500PHP bill. “What about you, Phoebe?”

“I’ll be having the same as yours.” She smiled.

Ganda ng girlfriend mo, Sir. Nice catch.” Kuya Peter, the guy who owns the stall, said with a grin as he looked at me. {Ganda ng girlfriend mo, Sir - Your girlfriend is pretty, sir.}

I heard Phoebe chuckle. “Yes, k—”

“She’s not my girlfriend, kuya.” I cut her off before she can say anything and gave Kuya Peter a smile. Before she can say some words once again, I quickly headed to the small tables and chairs that are arranged in front of the stall. I don’t want to give her false hopes right because at the moment, there is nothing going on between the two of us. Just because we kissed doesn’t mean that I am that into her. Okay, maybe she’s attractive but I haven’t reached the level wherein I would want to court her and make her my girlfriend.

“So..” Phoebe sat across me and looked at me.  “How’s your job as a teacher?”

“It’s fine. The students are a little stubborn, but I can manage. I’m used to it since my sister is a little stubborn, just like them.” Just when I was about to talk about how good my students were, my phone which is inside my pocket, suddenly vibrated, telling me that I just received a text message. I quickly took it out to check who the message is from, and unfortunately, it was from Sungmin. I just hope that this message is a decent one, not those kinds wherein he would ask me how things are going with Phoebe.

We’re planning on going to Baguio during the kids’ semestral break. Are you in? Mehehe – Sungmin

I can’t go. I work during the weekdays, remember? – Siwon

Boo hoo. You killjoy. – Sungmin

I’m just doing my job, Sungmin. – Siwon

It to be you, dude. :P – Sungmin

Shut up, you d

Phoebe suddenly cleared , making me look at her. She raised an eyebrow as she tapped her fingers on the table. I suddenly felt nervous and I don’t even know why, and swallowed the lump of saliva that was formed in my throat the whole time that she was staring at me right now. She gave me a smile that was oozing with sarcasm, and looking at me with a listen-to-what-I-will-say-or-you’ll-be-dead kind of look. ’“I guess you know what to do already.”

I pressed my lips together and nodded just like a five-year-old kid who just got scolded by his mom. The only thing that I should remember is to never use my phone whenever Phoebe is with me, not unless it is from my mom or my dad or from Rebi, since it looks like Phoebe is going to show up more on the next days since she already know where I work.

She gave me a smile, and this time, I knew that it is a genuine smile. “Good, then.”

“Sir Choi,” the guy in the stall called. “The burgers are ready.”

I nodded and stood up, taking the burgers from Kuya Peter and gave him a smile before going back to our seat. I gave Phoebe the other one and I started to eat mine.

“This tastes good!” Phoebe smiled after taking a bite. “It’s my first time to eat a burger that looks like this, and it tastes really really good!”

“Are you for real?” I raised an eyebrow as I looked at her.

“Do I look like I’m joking?” She blinked, giving me a look that is hard to decipher. I can’t tell whether she’s mad or not. I just shrugged and continued to eat my meal. I still need to get back to the faculty room and get some of the things that I need for my next class. Phoebe, on the other hand, looks really happy as she munched on her meal. She looked like a five-year-old girl who ate chocolate for the first time in her life. “I never got the chance to eat things like this before.”

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at her. “Why is that?” I looked at Kuya Peter and gestured for him to bring us two bottles of Coke.

“My parents were a little overprotective of me ever since I was young. They won’t let me go out of the house without a nanny, or play with the kids outside our mansion. They won’t even let me eat things like this, thinking that these things are dirty and unsafe,” She shook her head as she chuckled. “There was even a time wherein my yaya bought me some fishballs when I was ten, and when my parents found out, they fired her immediately. My parents are funny, huh?”

I stared at her the whole time that she was talking. I don’t know how I was able to catch the little details in her face whenever she was talking about things that was.. happy for her, I think. Her eyes sparkled, and when she talked about something that doesn’t really bring back good memories, she wrinkles her nose. She was a little interesting, I think? But there’s still the word ‘little’ that limits it. And right now, the spark of interest that I had a few minutes was gone when my phone started vibrating in my pocket once again.

“Are you sick?” I blurted out without thinking since the vibration inside my pocket is really distracting. I am guessing that Sungmin is responsible for the vibration. Isn’t he busy with work? Why does he keep on bothering me? Is it that fun? Even Kyuhyun loved bothering me. I can really tell why those two became really good friends.

Phoebe blinked and looked dumbfounded after hearing my question. “Why on earth would you think that I am sick? Do I look sick?”

I shrugged as I tried to come up with a decent reason for blurting out nonsense. “I don’t really know; maybe because most parents are overprotective when their child is sick.”

“And where on earth did you get that? Are you reading too much fiction, Siwon?” Phoebe chuckled as she chewed.

I shrugged and chuckled softly. “I don’t know really.”

“They just love me so much, since I’m their only baby girl.”

“Baby girl.” I chuckled softly and looked at her. She was smiling widely, and it was a genuine smile. I raised an eyebrow as I tilted my head to the side. “Why?”

Phoebe shook her head. “It’s nothing.”

“You won’t smile like that if it’s nothing.”

“I’m just glad that little by little, you’re starting to open up to me.”

I blinked, not really realizing that I really am opening up to her. I just shrugged since I didn’t really care. I would talk if I want to, and I’ll shut up if I don’t. But at the moment, I’m not, since my phone is continuously vibrating inside my pocket and it is slowly getting on my nerves. It makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable.

“I’m wearing one of Heechul’s pieces today.” Phoebe poked my hand, disturbing my train of thoughts. In a blink of an eye, all of the thoughts inside my head were gone, and the only thing that I know right now is Phoebe poking my hand. When I looked at her, she pointed at the red blouse that she’s wearing and grinned. I guess it’s one of Heechul’s hand-painted clothes. Heechul likes to make the clothes he sells unique and has a touch of his artistry in it.

I blinked. “Really?” I didn’t really notice until she told me about it. Just like what I said before, her clothes are very Heechul-like but I never thought that Heechul made this. So, have she met her male version? But she’s a little softer and gentler than Heechul. If Heechul’s all out, she’s only a little all out.

“It’s because you’re zoning out.”

“I’m sorry. I was just a little distracted at the moment since my phone is vibrating.”

“Then turn it off.” Phoebe traced the lines on her bottle of softdrinks then took a sip.  “Phones are distractions, you know. That’s why I always leave mine in the car.”

“Then what about some important calls?”

“Let them wait. There are more important things in life than them.”

“Some emergencies?”

Phoebe shrugged. “I haven’t encountered those things yet. But in case, they can contact Manong Danny, my driver.” She pointed at the man standing by the red sports car across the street. The said guy gave her a small smile and a nod while she waved at him. “Oh, I should buy him some snacks.” She stood up and headed towards the stall.

“I never thought that you’re that nice.” I chuckled softly after finishing the last bite of my burger.

“I know I look like a , and sometimes act like one. But I am nice when it comes to the people that I value so much.” She smiled as she got the pack of Chippy and a burger, together with some coke. “Thank you po.” She turned to look at me. “I’ll just bring these to Manong Danny.”

I nodded and watched her as she crossed the street. She skipped happily like a little kid and gave Manong Danny the food that she bought. Phoebe gave him a hug and said something to him. A smile unconsciously formed on my lips as I watched her every move. I should admit, Phoebe really is a special girl. A few minutes after, Phoebe came back running towards the stall and ordered five more burgers. I raised an eyebrow as I looked at her. Is she that hungry?

“Hey, Phoebe.” I patted her shoulder when I stood behind her. “Are you still hungry? I can still buy you some more food.”

“No, they’re not for me.” Phoebe handed the payment to Kuya Peter. It was a one thousand peso bill. She gave him a smile as she got the plastic bag filled with burgers and bottled water. “Keep the change.”

“Where are you going?” I watched her as she crossed the street again and headed to were a bunch of kids who were busy collecting plastic bottles were. To my surprise, she gave them the bag filled with food and patted their heads. This simple gesture made my heart soften. Of all people, I never thought that Phoebe would be the kind of person to do this. I’ve always seen her as a spoiled brat, since she looks like one, and a selfish person who only thinks of herself. But in the little time that I spent with her today, she already proved most of my prejudices wrong.

“Hey.” Phoebe poked my arm as soon as she came back. “What are you thinking?”

“It’s nothing.” I shrugged and rubbed my nape.

“I guess you need to go back now since it’s almost one o’clock.” Phoebe pointed at her black wrist watch and wiggled her eyebrows as she looked at me. “Now, one of the most outstanding teachers in the school would not want to get late for the afternoon classes, right?”

“Oh. Yeah.” I nodded slowly. “Well, I guess I have to go.”

“You will see me soon.” Phoebe grinned. “You have to remember that.”

I chuckled softly. “I know. So, I guess, see you soon?”

“Yes,” Phoebe nodded and gave me a warm embrace. “See me soon.” She gave me a peck on the cheek before crossing the street. With a smile on her face, she waved at me before getting inside the car.

Frozen on where I was, I blinked. I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks, and I can still feel Phoebe’s soft lips on the spot where she kissed me. I shook my head in order to clear my mind and shake away the thoughts that were all about Phoebe.

I think I just boarded a roller coaster with no definite end, and I can’t back out now.

**

 

{A/N: I'm back after a long time.. orz been busy with first world problems and.. Kim Soohyun + Song Joongki + Running Man. I'll post the other chapters after editing them orz please bare with me. T^T}