XIII - 'Cause everytime I see you, my heart skips a beat

Kings of Anything

 

Some - Soyou x Junggigo & Lil Boi of Geeks

 

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 13/?

 

(Chapter Focus: Eunhyuk and Henry)

XIII

‘Cause every time I see you, my heart skips a beat

 

October 9, 20xx, Wednesday

EUNHYUK

 

“Why should I go there, Henry?” I asked as I drove in the streets of Pasig City, the place where the engineering firm that I work at is. I am on my way home to our unit tonight and I am really excited because we’ll be leaving for Baguio later this evening, at two o’clock in the morning. It’s been long since I went on a vacation with my friends, and I finished my project on time. All that I need is to check on the site when I come back three days later. “Give me a reasonable reason why I should go there.”

“I need company, hyung. Please?” Henry pleaded. It’s my first time to get a call from Henry, asking me to accompany him at some place I don’t know. This kid can usually go anywhere alone, as long as he has his phone and some money in his pocket. He even went to some beach in Batangas alone just to take pictures and went home right after just because he was bored and alone at our unit. Yes, that’s what boredom does to our little mochi.

“And why?” I raised an eyebrow after hearing his reason. “You usually go to different places by yourself, and now you tell me that you need company?”

“Because it’s lonely to film this thing alone, hyung! Please, reconsider?” If he was right in front of me, I know that he’d be acting all cutesy and stuffs that we, his hyungs, usually can’t resist. “I won’t get your boxer shorts anymore.” I heard him mumble some words that I wasn’t able to understand.

“What did you say, Henry?”

“Nothing, don’t mind me. Just please, come here? I’ll treat you dinner.”

“I still need to pack my things for our trip. Why, can’t you do that thing alone, Henry?”

“Aww, man! Don’t make me jealous! I badly want to go to Baguio with you guys as well, but school . Why does Benilde need to have three semesters and different semestral breaks from all of the other schools?”

I laughed after hearing his complaint. “Well, you chose that school, paninidigan mo ‘yan.[Panindigan mo 'yan- I don't know how to translate this properly, but it's like facing the consequences of the decisions you made]

“Dang. If only I passed UP, I won’t be in Benilde.” Henry chuckled.

“You’re still not over that dang-I-didn’t-pass-UP phase, Henry?” I chuckled. I suddenly remembered how Henry was complaining during his first year in college that he didn’t pass UP, and if he studied harder, he would be in Diliman, studying. UP is Henry’s dream school. He actually went to visit his friends in Diliman a lot during his freshman year, but his whines and complaints stopped after his first semester in his freshman year. [Diliman - A place in Quezon City where the main campus of UP is]

“I’m completely over that phase, hyung.” Henry said with a slight chuckle. “I like it in Benilde, I just don’t like the tri-semester thing in there.”

“Well, whatever you say. I don’t know anything about that since UE only has two semesters per year, which is the usual.” Yes, I graduated BS Civil Engineering in University of the East.

“Naaaaaah. I’d be graduating this year so.. I think it’s fine.” Henry chuckled, maling me shake my head in amusement because of his opposing opinions.

“I’ll be heading home now, so just have fun by yourself. Text me wh—”

“Jeremie will be performing tonight.”

It only took me two seconds to suddenly think twice. I suddenly stepped on the break, making my car stop in the middle of the expressway. Upon hearing her name, Jeremie, I felt that thing again— the nervousness and my fast heartbeat. I could’ve caused an accident, but I was still fortunate to be alive at the moment. I can hear curses from the drivers that pass by me, but I didn’t really care. I just said sorry, but I know that things would never be resolved by a single ‘sorry’. The only thing that was running in my mind right now is Jeremie’s smile. Yes, call me a hopeless romantic because I know that I am one.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair before starting the engine once again. You’re so stupid, Hyukjae.

“Yah, hyung, are you okay?” I hear Henry say from the other line.

“Y-yeah, yeah.” I awkwardly cleared my throat as I started driving again. “I’m fine.”

Henry laughed from the other line. “I knew that would make you think twice. You think I don’t know that you have a thing for Jeremie? I heard you that night when you were talking to Sungmin hyung.”

I didn’t say anything. I bit my lower lip as I tapped my fingers on the stirring wheel while driving. I don’t know what to say at the moment. I just feel anxious, and a lot of what-if’s are running in my mind, and if I enumerate them now, maybe, I won’t be done even after I reach the place where Henry is right now.

“Just come and see her perform, hyung. It’ll be worth it. She’s awesome. And I am not bluffing.”

 

 

“I knew you’d come, hyung.” Henry said with a grin as he welcomed me in Under Cover’s parking lot, the place where Jeremie would perform tonight. It’s a weird name for a restaurant, right? He patted my shoulder and smiled. “You made the right choice, hyung.”

I just scoffed and hung my bag on my shoulder before closing my car’s door. “Make sure it’ll be worth it or you’ll be dead.”

“Dang, if only I knew that I could use Jeremie as a secret weapon against you, I should’ve introduced you to her earlier.” Henry chuckled and blocked my fist from landing on his shoulder. “Hey, I was kidding!”

I shook my head and chuckled. “Why do you want me to come here? I know you were lying when you said it was lonely. Tell me the real reason, Henry.”

“Well.. you were right about the part wherein I wasn’t lonely.” Henry smiled sheepishly. “I just wanted you to see Jeremie perform, that’s it. She’s really awesome. It’ll be worth it, I promise. If not, then.. I’ll be your servant for a week.”

“I like that offer since I need someone to serve me some food and everything when I start with some projects next week. It’s a deal.” I grinned as we made our way inside the restaurant. The place isn’t that big but it was uniquely awesome. The walls are painted with black and yellow, decorated with some abstract paintings in the wall that only people with the gift of art can appreciate. As soon as we entered the main lobby, four angelic voices (I am not exaggerating, tbh. Their voices are really awesome) were dominating the place. Those voices, if you listen closely, are really strong voices alone and way different from each other’s but when combined is one of the best thing to listen to. One word best describes their voices: perfection.

I don’t even know how my thoughts turned out that way, but it did. My eyes were glued on Jeremie, who is seated between two other girls, singing her heart out as they sang the song ‘Gravity’ by Sara Bareilles. This may sound cheesy, but I can really feel my heart beating faster the moment I saw her face, and hearing her voice made my mind go on cloud nine. I rubbed the left side of my chest where my heart is, trying to calm my heart that’s like horses on a race, and swallowed the lump formed in my throat due to a mix of awe and admiration.

I must say, in that span of one minute, my vocabulary got better and my heart went crazy.

“You arrived on time, hyung.” Henry’s voice pulled me out of my train of thoughts. He smiled as he crossed his arms. “They just started, and Jeremie’s solo is up next. So, brace yourself.”

I followed Henry towards the table where he is seated before I arrived. There, I saw Kyungsoo holding a DSLR camera in his hands, taking a video of the performance. Henry sat beside him and gestured for Kyungsoo to give him the camera back. I sat down on the chair across Henry and gave Kyungsoo, who was looking at me, a nod and a small smile. He did the same to me, too.

“Good evening, everyone. I am Jeremie.” Jeremie said with a smile as she held onto the microphone. She is standing in the middle of the stage alone, the other three girls slowly exiting the small platform that serves as the stage. “I’ll be singing some songs from Sara Bareilles and I hope that you all would enjoy my performance. After this, you can drop some requests over that bowl—” she pointed at the small fishbowl on the table beside the stage “and we’d sing the song written on the piece of paper that we’ll pick a little later. So, yeah. Here it goes. The first song is Bright Lights and Cityscapes.”

(Bright Lights and Cityscapes)

The sound of the piano signalled the start of the song, and I was watching Jeremie’s every move intently, noticing every little detail. The way she tapped her foot on the stage as she waited for the right time to start, the way her lips curved into a small smile as she swayed her head to the side and how her hair fell slowly to the side— my usually inattentive eye caught all of that. Every single word that came out of Jeremie’s lips lingered in my ears. Maybe falling in love can make you look and feel dumb, and I know that really well.

“Close your mouth, hyung.” Henry whispered and chuckled softly before turning back to look at the camera in his hands.

Throughout the whole song, my eyes were locked on Jeremie. Do you know those scenes in the movies wherein the lead feels that everything is in slow motion, and that the only person in the place is the lead and that person? I am feeling that right now. I can clearly see the way her forehead creases when she does a falsetto, the way her fingers tapped the microphone when she sings the low notes, and the way her eyes looked— it’s as if she can truly relate to the message of the song.

“I’m gonna love you.. you never have to wait..” As if those words were for me, Jeremie looked straight into my eyes, making me feel stiff and uneasy on my seat. “I’m gonna love you.. ‘til you start looking back..”

“Boom, dead.” Henry formed a gun with his fingers and aimed it at me, like he’s going to shoot me for real. I frowned and slapped Henry’s hand which made Kyungsoo laugh.

I was staring at Jeremie the whole time she was performing, as if she was some Greek goddess who just came down from Olympus. All in all, she performed three songs: Bright Lights and Cityscapes, Bittersweet and Fairytale. I am embarrassed to say this but this is the truth: my jaw could’ve dropped because of admiration and awe if Henry didn’t help me close it.

“Hyung, baka malusaw naman.” Henry chuckled as I glared at him. “Gosh, I didn’t know that you are that into her.” He emphasized the word ‘that’ in the last phrase. “I thought it was just a simple crush or anything. But dang, that’s some serious thing, man.” [Baka malusaw naman – in the context, used as, ‘She’ll melt if you don’t stop staring at her’ (at least that’s what I was thinking when I used it lols)]

“Shut up.” I took a sip of the lemonade that I ordered a while ago as I looked around the place. A few minutes later, the waitress came back with my order, Spaghetti alla puttanesca and served it on the table. The waitress winked at me before leaving, and I laughed really hard (but I tried hard to keep it low because there are some people around looking at me) when she left. “Even at places like this, my charm is really contagious, Henry.”

“Shut up, hyung.” Henry laughed before getting his glass of iced tea and took a sip.  Kyungsoo excused himself for a while because his phone rang, and he went outside to answer the call. Suddenly, a petite girl sat on the seat beside henry and rested her head on Henry’s shoulder. With this simple gesture, Henry smiled and patted her head. “You okay?”

I blinked as I watched the scene in front of me. A strand of spaghetti was still left hanging on my mouth and my hand stopped midway as I was twirling the fork to get some spaghetti. Who is she? What’s the meaning of this..?

“Yeah, I’m fine. I am just a little exhausted because of the sound system that didn’t work, but I’m glad that things are going really smoothly tonight and that they’re doing really great tonight.” She suddenly sat up straight and looked at me, giving me a smile.

I smiled back, although I know that it is really obvious that there is a big imaginary question mark on top of my head as I looked at her.

Henry chuckled. “Err.. hyung, she’s my girlfriend, Nadine. Din, this is Eunhyuk hyung. I live with him and he’s a really good friend of mine.”

Nadine smiled and leaned closer as she offered her hand, almost laying down on Henry’s lap, which made Henry and I chuckle. “Hi, kuya. I’m Nadine, Henry’s girlfriend and I am Jeremie’s manager. Henry told me about the thing you have for my friend, so yeah. It’s nice to finally meet the guy who likes her.”

I glared at Henry after hearing what she said. Henry just shrugged and grinned as he hid behind Nadine when I threatened to hit him jokingly, and it made Nadine laugh. I managed to give her a smile when I finally regained my composure. “It’s nice to meet you, Nadine. I’m Eunhyuk, and I never knew that Henry has a girlfriend.”

“Well, we just got together last week, so yeah.” Nadine smiled and sat up straight on her seat. “Don’t worry, kuya. I won’t tell anyone, promise.”

“Hyung, I ha—”

“Hey, hey hey!” All of us looked at the direction where the voice is coming from and saw Jeremie walking towards us. She looked at me and smiled. “Hey charger, what are you doing here? When did you get here?” Before I was able to answer the question, she looked at Henry. “Where’s Kyungsoo?”

“Kyungsoo went out for a while, his mom called.” Henry answered. “Eunhyuk hyung decided to drop by and have dinner here.”

“You chose the right place to eat!” Jeremie said with a smile as she sat down beside Nadine. “Plus, you got to listen to one of the world’s best singing group. Kidding!”

I chuckled softly and nodded. “Y-yeah. You were really great when you sang up there. Nice voice.”

“Aww, thank you charger!” Jeremie smiled and took out a water bottle from her bag. She looks really pretty, especially now. She looks like a doll. “I’m glad you enjoyed my performance, even though the mood of the songs I chose is a little gloomy.”

“You did really well, Jeremie. I liked it.” I managed to smile despite the nervousness that I am feeling at the moment, because of Jeremie’s stare. “I think those kinds of songs suits your voice well.”

“You think so?” She smiled and ran her fingers through her hair, and it made me crazy. Dang, she looks so pretty. “Thank you, charger!” Even though I really don’t understand why she keeps on calling me charger..

“I’m sorry to break your little moment in here, but I’ll just help Kelly at the backstage. She needs some help with some things. Do you want to come with me, Henry?” she looked at him, and Henry nodded with a wide grin on his face. “Okay, so we’ll see you later. Enjoy your meal, kuya.”Both of them stood up and made their way towards the backstage, leaving Jeremie and I.

I continued with my meal, glancing at Jeremie once in a while. She’s busy with her phone and I have no idea of what she is doing at the moment.

“OHMYGOSH HYUKJAE.” She said, making my eyes widen. Did I do anything to her? As far as I can remember, Henry and Nadine left a few minutes ago, and I was busy with my meal. What did I do for he—

“GOSH NO STOP IT.”

I blinked, and turned to look at her. What did I do this time? “Jeremie, are you o—”

“GOSH HYUKJAE, STAY AWAY FROM ME. OMG.”

I stood up, trying to reach out to Jeremie and check if she’s okay. Her reactions made me feel a little afraid and paranoid since I don’t really know what’s happening at the moment. I am confused, really.

“HYUKJAE, WAG, PLEASE.” [Wag - Don't]

I was about to tap her shoulder gently to get her attention, but I stopped halfway since she told me to stop. What’s happening? “Jeremie, what did I d—”

“KAY KYUHYUN LANG AKO BABY. NO, STOP THIS.” Jeremie placed her phone on the table and looked down while pinching her cheeks. When she looked up, she looked flustered as she bit her lower lip. What exactly is happening to her right now? It makes me worried.. [Kay Kyunhyun lang ako, baby - I only belong to Kyuhyun, baby]

I was frozen on the spot that I am in right now, my arm still awkwardly hanging in the air. What on earth is happening right now, really..

Jeremie suddenly looked up, her hands still on her cheeks. She blinked and then looked at my arm, which I quickly placed behind my back. “Ugh… were you talking to me, charger?”

I blinked and shook my head. “N-no, not really.” No, I am not talking to you after hearing you say my name. So, all this time, she was talking to herself?

Jeremie chuckled before scratching her head. “Ugh.. sorry, you had to see that. I just can’t control my feels.. and I can’t help  but spazz. You know, fangirl moments.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Feels? Spazz?”

“Sorry, I used internet lingo.” She chuckled softly as she waved her hand on the air. “Feels..  mm.. how do I explain that?” Jeremie bit her lower lip as she thought of a way to explain it. A few seconds passed, but she wasn’t able to come up with an explanation. She chuckled awakwardly. “Alam mo na ‘yun.” [Alam mo na 'yun - You know that already; also, in the context, used as: You already know what I am talking about]

I shook my head. “I don’t know, really.”

“Err.. Use urban dictionary. Search for feels and spazz.” Jeremie chuckled and took a sip from her water bottle. “Ooops, gotta go. I still need to prepare for our next group song. Ciao! Enjoy your meal, charger!” Jeremie stood up and waved at me before heading back to the backstage. Me, on the other hand smiled back and waved at her as she left.

 

 

“That was an awesome show!” Kelly, one of Jeremie’s friends, said as all of us went out of the restaurant after their two-hour performance. Henry introduced me to the others, Kelly, and the twins who happen to be Korean as well, Ahyoung and Miyoung. All of them are nice and friendly, and they all call me charger. It really makes me curious, what did Jeremie tell them about me? That she caught me while watching an film at home? Daaaaaaang.

“I know, right?” Ahyoung said as she high fived with Jeremie.

Henry, Kyungsoo and I followed behind the five girls walking towards the black van. Jeremie is part of a vocal quartet, composed of her, Kelly, Ahyoung and Miyoung, and Nadine is their manager at the moment. Henry told me that whenever they have some free time, they look for gigs and perform at different restaurants around NCR to earn some money for their own reasons, and for Jeremie, it was for her fangirling needs.

“Will you be okay, Din?” Henry asked Nadine as we placed their bags of clothes in the van.

“Yep, we’ll be okay. Don’t worry, I’ll just text you when we get home.” Nadine smiled and then pinched Henry’s cheek. “We have a careful driver, you know.”

“Present!” Kyungsoo said with a grin as he raised his hand, while leaning on the passenger seat’s door, where Ahyoung is seated. “Don’t worry, Henry. I’ll send your girl home, safe and sound.”

Henry chuckled and nodded. “Text me when you get home, okay?”

“Yes, sir!” Nadine saluted and gave Henry a kiss on the cheek. “See you tomorrow?”

“Yep. See you on Monday.” Henry hugged Nadine tightly and kissed her temple.

“Eyy, eyy! Enough with the cheesiness, lovebirds!” Jeremie said as she threw a ball of tissue paper at the two. “Don’t make me jealous!” I chuckled softly as I watch her reactions.

“Okay, okay. Sorry.” Nadine chuckled as she broke the hug and poked Henry’s tummy. “Go, you still have a long way to go.” She looked at me and smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, kuya. Ingat po sa byahe.” [Ingat po sa byahe- Have a safe trip]

“You, too. Ingat din kayo. Text Henry when you all get home, okay?” I smiled at Nadine and patted her head. “I never knew Henry has a really pretty girlfriend.” [Ingat din kayo - Have a safe trip as well]

“Aww, hyung. Don’t hit on my girlfriend in front of me.” Henry said and then chuckled.

I chuckled and ruffled Henry’s hair. He already knows who I like, why does he still talk about these things? “Stop saying nonsense. What I was saying is that you should’ve introduced her to me earlier, so that I know the girl you are courting.” Henry wrinkled his nose and punched my arm jokingly. “Let them go now, it’s late.”

“Oh, yeah. Bye!” Henry kissed Nadine’s cheek once again before breaking the hug and helped her get on the van’s passenger seat in front.

“Bye, charger!” Jeremie smiled and waved at me before closing the door.

I blinked and then gave Jeremie a smile as he waved at her. “Bye.”

Henry chuckled then patted my shoulder as soon as the black van was nowhere in sight. “Is it worth it?” He grinned as he looked at me.

I chuckled and hung my arm around his shoulder, walking with him towards the passenger seat. “C’mon, let’s go. I still need to pack my things.”

Yes, it is. It’s really worth it.

 

 

“Hyung, are you thinking of courting Jeremie?” Henry stood by my door, with his body leaned sideways on the door frame. He was watching me the whole time that I was folding my clothes and I must say, it didn’t feel good to have a pair of eyes watching your every move. It’s creepier than when Sasha is following me around. Oh, no. Scratch that. Anything related to Sasha is creepy.

I stopped folding my clothes and looked at Henry. I raised an eyebrow. Where did that come from? “What are you talking about, Henry?”

“I said, are you planning on courting my friend?”

“Are you selling your friend to me, huh?” I asked with an amused smile on my face.

“Just answer the question, hyung.”

“Are you really asking me that question, Henry?” I sat at the edge of my bed and scratched my head before looking at Henry who is wearing a really wide smile on his face. I grabbed the nearest thing to me— which is my pillow, and threw it at Henry. He just laughed as he got hit by the pillow. Embarrassed, I threw another pillow at him, which he luckily caught. “Yah, stop it.”

“I was just asking, hyung.” Henry shrugged and flashed a playful smile as he crossed his arms. “Anyways, I’ll give you some tips. You never know when you will have the courage to court her.”

“Shut it, Henry. I’m not planning to co—”

“If you’re going to court her, you need to know a lot of things. First, you need to watch a video. I’ll look for it on Youtube.” As if he didn’t hear what I said a while ago, Henry grinned and sat down beside me on my bed and started using his phone.

I shook my head in amusement and continued with what I was doing before this little mochi in here interrupted me. My checklist of things to bring is lying on my lap, and almost half of the things on the list are inside my bag already. The only things left on my list are my slippers, my toothbrush and the facial wash that I use every day. I still need to take care of my skin, you know.

I stood up and headed to the bathroom to get my things. I’m really excited to go to Baguio. Finally, I’ll be able to rest for a while with no work to think about, and no Sasha to follow me around and creep the hell out of me. I hummed as I placed my toothbrush inside its case and my facial wash inside its small bag and then went back to my room. “If you’re bored Henry, go bot—”

“Hyung I found it!” Henry grinned as he handed his cellphone to me. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at his phone, with a video playing. It was a video of ten guys, I think? The video title is No Other by Super Junior, and I really don’t know why I am watching this at the moment. I raised an eyebrow as I continued to watch.

“Jeremie once said that she’ll only let a guy court her if he’s willing to do what those Super Junior guys do in the video.” Henry chuckled. “You know what, hyung? She dumped three guys because they weren’t willing to do even the simplest thing from that video. The exact words that she said were: ‘I’ll only let you court me if you do what Super Junior did in No Other, If you won’t, then bye bye.’ She gave them a sarcastic smile and left. That scene is freaking hilarious, hyung. I can still remember it.” Henry lied down on my bed, hugging the only pillow left on my bed (because I threw the other two at him a few minutes ago.)

I raised an eyebrow and glanced at Henry who is busy poking my pillow. I sat down on the floor right beside my bag and laid my head on the edge of my bed. His words made me think twice; Am I really going to go that far with what I feel for her? Anxiety is what I am feeling right now, just like what I felt before when I was contemplating on whether to go watch her or not. A lot of what-if’s are running inside my mind again, and those thoughts are uncontrollable. I can’t help but think about what I am going to be just in case Jeremie would be part of my life. I feel happy, and at the same time, I felt scared— scared that what happened in the past would happen again. History repeats itself, and that’s what I am trying to avoid all this time.

 “Ginusto mo ‘yan, hyung, panindigan mo.” Henry grinned. “Falling in love with a devoted fangirl has its pro’s and con’s. Marami ka nga lang kaagaw.[Ginusto mo 'yan - You wanted it; Marami ka nga lang kaagaw - You have a lot of rivals]

I blinked and then looked at Henry. “What do you mean?”

“Well, you have those Super Junior guys as your rivals, you know. And damn, they are a large group of guys.” Henry sat up and began counting with his fingers. “How many are they? Thirteen? Fifteen? Not really sure. And yeah, most likely, get ready to watch her spazz. She’s r—”

“Yeah, I witnessed that a while ago.” I said, my eyes focused on his phone but my mind was busy flying somewhere else. The scene from the restaurant suddenly entered my mind— the one wherein Jeremie started saying weird things while staring at her phone.

“Really?” Henry suddenly sat up and placed his hand on my shoulder, looking at me with a really wide smile on his face. “How was it?”

“Muntik na kong mabaliw.” I gave myself a facepalm and then scratched my head. “She kept on saying, ‘Hyukjae wag!’ And to think that that is my name as well, sino ba namang ‘di mababaliw nun?”

Henry burst out laughing and fell on my bed after hearing the last sentence. “That is what I am talking about, hyung! That’s what Jeremie is like, she smiles all of a sudden while staring at her phone and talks to herself, sometimes, using some Korean words like, ‘Omo!’, ‘Jinjja?’, ‘Aigoo!’, ‘Oppa-ya’. Whenever she would smile, we’ll ask her what’s wrong and she’ll just tell us, ‘wala, naisip ko lang si Kyuhyun. Pano kaya kung magtataho sya?’. The worse things are when we’re using the WiFi in the library, she’ll grab my arm and bite it because she can’t contain her feels.” [Wala, naisip ko lang si Kyuhyun. Pano kaya kung magtataho sya? - Oh, it's nothing, I just thought of Kyuhyun all of a sudden. What if he's a taho vendor? ]

I chuckled after hearing Henry’s statement. So, Jeremie’s like that, eh? That’s.. unexpected. “Well, hyung, you only witnessed one. I experienced everything. Even Kyungsoo, who is a fanboy as well, laughs at Jeremie’s actions. You can really see that she loves those guys to death, even if they don’t know that she exists. She even cried when she wasn’t able to get one of the front seats in the lower box section for the concert, so she went to the SVIP area.”

I just nodded and gave Henry his phone back. “Well, you really didn’t need to give me a lecture about your friend. I haven’t thought about going that far, yet.”

“There’s a ‘yet’, hyung. So there’s a possibility that you would.” Henry wiggled his eyebrows as he looked at me. “And with that expression on your face? I think I already know the answer to my question. At least I gave you some tips and told you some things about her. I know you, hyung, and I know that you will reach that stage soon. Just thank me in the future, and make me y—OUCH! O-okay, okay! I’ll stop!”

I laughed as I continued to squeeze Henry’s fluffy cheeks. This is the only way I know to stop this kid from talking. “Now, shoo. I still have to finish packing my things. You’re distracting me.”

“I’ll hel—”

“HOY LEE HYUKJAE MAY BALAK KA PA BANG SUMAMA SAMIN, KUNG OO PAKIBILISAN PLEASE. LABYU.” It was Sungmin, knocking consistently on the door. After the last phrase, the two guys of us were left dumbfounded as we heard Sungmin’s footsteps fading away. [HOY LEE HYUKJAE MAY BALAK KA PA BANG SUMAMA SAMIN, KUNG OO PAKIBILISAN PLEASE. *LABYU. – Hey, Lee Hyukjae, do you still have plans of coming with us (to some place)? If you still do, then make it fast, please. Love you. (*Labyu - Tagalized spellling of  the words, 'Love you' )]

Henry suddenly kissed my cheek before rushing to leave my room. “Hyung, Dalian mo daw. Labyu.”

I’d really squish that mochi to death one day. Heol.

 

**