XX - That’s what you get when you let your heart hormones win, woooooh oh oh oh

Kings of Anything

*not edited

 

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 20/?

 

(Chapter focus: Leeteuk and Kangin)

XX

That’s what you get when you let your heart hormones win, woooooh oh oh oh

 

October 13, 20xx, Sunday

LEETEUK

 

“What are you talking about?!”

“I told you, I am pregnant with your child!”

“How did you know that I am the father?! Maybe you’re mistaken!”

“You’re the only guy that I had with a month ago. And I am three weeks pregnant. What else do you want to know?”

“I am not the father of that child!”

“Oh, yes you are!”

“How can you be pregnant with my child? That was just one time!”

“And it so happen that that one time, I was fertile and ovulating and you were too busy being erted and to even think of using a !”

“Wait up, wait up!” I stood in between the two who looked like they were going to eat each other alive. What exactly is happening right now? Let me give you a recap.

Kangin and I both went out and left our bottle of beers when Kibum told us that Heechul needs to talk to Kangin outside. And Kangin, being the clingy bear that he is, brought me with him, leaving Yunho and Jaejoong at our table. And when we arrived outside, we saw Dani with Heechul and Siwon and then bam. She told us that she’s pregnant with Kangin’s child. Kangin went all hysterical outside (considering the fact that we had a few bottles of beer) and we needed Siwon to drag him inside Yesung’s office just so they could talk. As of the moment, the people inside the room are Kangin, Dani, Heechul (we need Heechul’s words to control Kangin. He only listens to Heechul), Siwon, Shindong (we need someone to help us stop Kangin from going all hysterical when the situation get oud of hand, and Shindong’s the strongest one among us besides Kangin) and I.

I actually don’t know how and when she met Kangin again when I haven’t seen her in ages, and how she got pregnant with Kangin’s child. I gestured for Shindong and Siwon to stand behind Kangin just in case something happens. Kangin doesn’t hit girls and we all know that, but we need someone to stop Kangin when he lashes out his anger.

“Hi, Dani. How are you? It’s been long since I last saw you.” I gave her a slight smile and she nodded.

“You know her, Teuk?” Heechul asked as he raised his eyebrow. He crossed his arms as he waited for my answer.

“You don’t know her?” I asked. Why doesn’t Heechul know her? I looked at Siwon who shook his head as well, and then at Shindong who just shrugged when he met my gaze.

“Well, besides the ‘fact’ that she’s the mother of Youngwoon’s child, no. I don’t know her.”

“I’m not the father!” Kangin protested. “And why do you know her, Teuk?”

“Let’s clear this out first, okay?” I tried to look as calm as possible, but on the inside, I am extremely agitated with Kangin’s behaviour at the moment. I know that he’s a little drunk, but he can’t just shout at a girl like that. “Dani, go introduce yourself.”

“I’m Daniella. I’m that girl who used to follow Kangin in high school.”

“That’s why you looked familiar.” Siwon nodded slowly.

“And why do you still remember her?” Kangin asked me.

“I have a sharp memory.” I just sighed and looked at Kangin and then at Dani. “What happened? When did you two do it?”

“Maybe they did it that night when we went to Yesung’s bar together and Kangin disappeared.” Shindong said. “I’m not sure though. Because just like what you said, she’s three weeks pregnant. And maybe.. if you count, it will lead you to that night.”

“September 6th.” Dani confirmed.

“Bingo.” Heechul made a gun with his fingers and acted as if he shot me. “I think Shindong’s right.”

“I just confirmed it.” Dani said in a matter-of-factly-tone. Heechul just rolled his eyes.

“And why are you saying that I am the father? Who knows, maybe you had with some other guy and he got you pregnant, not me! So don’t blame me!”

“Kangin!” I warned. That is rude.

“Wow.” Dani scoffed. “That is extremely rude. I don’t know why I liked you when I was in high school.”

“Or maybe you planned this out because you like me!” Drunk Kangin screams trouble.

“Kangin, stop it!” I glared at him and he just rolled his eyes.

She looked like she was at loss for words, but after a few seconds of it, she was able to compose a decent sentence even though she looked like she was about to cry. “Is that how low you think of me?”

“Considering the fact that you had with me that easy, y—” Shindong covered Kangin’s mouth to stop him from talking. I am not liking how Kangin is acting right now. I shouldn’t have let him drink if only I knew that this was going to happen. He can handle this situation better, only if he was sober.

“Wow, just wow.” Dani scoffed once again, looking hurt with what Kangin said. “I didn’t know that I looked like a e to you. Considering the fact that you were the one who kept on flirting with me that night, you still have the guts to tell me that I am that easy? I was drunk, Kangin. And so were you. You even took my ity, and that is very nice of you. So don’t blame me for all of this . Don’t blame me that my didn’t come with a manual that says ‘don’t have at these dates because you’ll get pregnant’.”

“I am so sorry, Dani.” I patted her shoulder and blocked Kangin from her view as I stood in front of her. “Kangin’s very drunk. He doesn’t really mean what he’s saying.”

She shook her head. “No. I was very mistaken. I shouldn’t have come all the way here just to tell him that he got me pregnant. I should’ve known better. He would never want this child anyway.”

“I’ll talk to him for you. Here, have my number. Call me and I’ll arrange a meet for the two of you. I promi—”

“What the , Youngwoon!” I heard Heechul shout and it made me look behind me. Kangin just threw up on Heechul’s pants and passed out.

And that’s how the night at Yesung’s restaurant opening ended.

 

“Here.” I gave Dani the ice cream that I bought for her. After what Kangin did to her a half an hour ago, I decided to talk to Dani about what really happened. I need to know everything first so that I could talk Kangin into this. I have known Dani since we were in high school, and I know that she would never deceive me.

“You’re still so nice, sunbae.” Dani said as she opened the packet. She studied at the international school where the other guys and I studied as well, and she was used to calling me sunbae. Out of all the guys, I was the only one who personally knew her because we worked on a school project together. “The other guys don’t remember me even if they labelled me before as ‘Kangin’s stalker’— which I clearly wasn’t.”

“It’s because you look really different from before. You lost a lot of weight and your hair looks different.” I opened my ice cream packet as well and started eating. We both headed out of the convenience store and I sat down on the pavement. “Oh, careful.” I helped her sit on the pavement since she’s pregnant, and I don’t want to be the reason of her miscarraiage. It would be another baggage for my guilt trip.

“Thank you, Sunbae.” She smiled as she settled on her spot. “Aigoo. This baby inside my tummy really makes me want to eat a lot.”

“Are you really pregnant?” I asked her just to confirm it.

“Are you doubting me, sunbae?” she looked at me. She blinked and took out an envelope from her bag. “I got confined in the hospital because I had a really high fever and the doctor told me not to drink medicine that much because it might harm the baby. Just in case you don’t believe me, here are the test results from an OB-gyne and I even use those pregnancy test kits just to confirm. I bought ten; all positive.”

She handed me the envelope and read the results written on it. She really is pregnant, no doubt.

“How sure are you that Kangin is the father?” I placed the results back inside the envelope and handed it to her.

“Are you really doubting me, sunbae?”

“Call me oppa. Sunbae feels weird now.” I looked at her and gave her a smile.

“Oppa?” She blinked. “What does that mean? You keep on making me call you Korean stuffs that I don’t know. I’m Filipino, sunbae. Not Korean like you.”

“Just call me oppa. It’s the Korean term for kuya.”

“Okay then, oppa.” She nodded. “You’re still doubting me?”

“No. I just need to make sure.”

“He’s the only guy that I did it with. He was my first.” She sighed. “And to think that I was drunk when I did it. What got to me for me to do that kind of thing? And then this. I already have a little person inside of me.”

“How old is the baby?”

“Three weeks.” She nodded and patted her tummy gently. “If he doesn’t want this baby, I’m going to raise him or her alone. But I can’t handle all of the expenses though. I need help. I’m not the only one responsible for this baby.” She sighed. “I didn’t plan this. I didn’t even know that it was him, I just found out the next morning. How can he say that I planned this? I don’t even want to be a mom at such a young age without a stable life, and especially if the father is someone that I don’t love. I know that I sound like I am only after the money, but trust me, I’m not. I just don’t want my baby to grow up without a father.”

“I won’t judge, I promise.” I patted her head like I used to when we were in high school. “I’ll talk him into it. I know that you’re telling the truth.”

“Thank you, oppa. I owe you a lot.” She smiled.

“I wa— excuse me for a second.” I stood up and fished my phone out of my pocket. Siwon’s calling.

“Hyung, where are you? All of us are going home now. Aren’t you coming with us?”

“I’m still talking to Dani. You guys go ahead.  I can go home by myself.” I looked behind me and saw Dani busy with her phone.

“Are you sure, hyung? Because if you want to, Rebi and I c—”

“Have you seen Sungmin?” I heard Eunhyuk say from the background.

“I didn’t.” Siwon answered. “Anyways, hyung. As I was saying, Rebi and I can wait for you. We can drop you and Dani home.”

“No, no. It’s fine.”

“Are you really sure? Because if you really n—”

“It’s fine, Siwon. Don’t worry about me. You can go home first since I know that all of you are tired. I’ll deal with this first and then go home.”

“Okay then. We’ll get going. Bye, hyung.”

“Bye. Drive safely.” I hung up and placed my phone back inside my pocket and when I turned to walk back to my place, Sungmin’s face was the first thing that I saw. “What the fu—”

“What are you doing here, hyung?” He asked with a meaningful smile.

“What are you doing here?” I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him.

“Well, I saw you here and I was wondering why you’re here alone. Maybe you needed company that’s why I’m here. We can go home together.”

“I’m with someone, Sungmin.” I gestured at Dani who just finished eating her ice cream. Sungmin looked at Dani and then back at me with a curious expression on his face. Why should I hide it from Sungmin when I know that the others would find out soon enough? 9And besides, Sungmin won’t tell anyone, as far as I know. Sungmin is really talkative but he knows when to keep his mouth shut.

“Who is she?”

“She’s Dani. Don’t you remember her?”

“Ugh.. let me browse my list of girls first.” He acted as if he was about to get some kind of list from his pocket and stopped halfway before giving Leeteuk a sarcastic look. “No. Do I look like I do? Would I ask you about who she is if I knew her? Who is she anyways, hyung? Your girl?”

“Not my girl. Kangin’s girl, Dani.”

“Oh, she’s just Kangin’s gir— Kangin has a girlfriend?!”

“Not his girlfriend practically. She’s pregnant and Kangin’s the father.” I placed both of my hands inside each pocket of my jeans. “Do you remember the girl that you guys used to call ‘Kangin’s stalker’? She’s that girl.”

“So she still stalked Kangin until now..” Sungmin nodded slowly, as if forming a conclusion inside his head.

“How many times am I going to clear myself? I am not Kangin’s stalker and I never was.” Both of us were both startled when Dani suddenly talked behind Sungmin. We didn’t notice that she walked towards us since we were both busy talking. “I just used to like him and it so happen that our school wasn’t that big for all of us to not cross paths.”

“Oopsie.” Sungmin pressed his lips into a thin line. I just shook my head in amusement.

“It’s not really that nice to meet you again, Sungmin. I’m Dani, just in case you don’t remember.” Dani offered her hand for a handshake which Sungmin accepted. “I’m pretty sure that you won’t though.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to say that.” Sungmin apologized.

“No worries. I’m used to it.” She just shrugged before looking at me. “Anyways, I need to go home, oppa. My friend’s looking for me.”

“I’ll drop you home and you can’t say no.” Sungmin ruffled her hair and smiled. “You still have a lot of explaining to do.”

 

 

October 14, 20xx, Monday

 

“I am sure that I am not the father, hyung! Why do you believe her?” Kangin whined like a little child as he took a slice of pizza from the box on the coffee table.

“Don’t give me those sh*ts, Kangin. I know you. I even used my precious day off for you and the trouble you’ve caused.” I finished the slice of pizza that I was eating. Today’s my day off, and instead of resting at home or spending my day with my family, here I am, at Kangin’s house, trying to solve someone else’s problem. “Now tell me the truth. Are you really the father of Dani’s child?”

“I don’t really know! Don’t ambush me with those questions!”

“Just answer the question. Honestly.” He looked like he was about to protest and I narrowed my eyes at him, which made him sigh.

“I really don’t know, Teuk. Yes, I did have with her that night but I am not so sure if I am the father. Who knows, she could have done it with somebody else and make me take responsib—”

“Dani is not that kind of person, Kangin.” He was about to ask another question, and let me guess: he would ask why I know that she isn’t that kind of person. I raised my hand in front of him to stop him from talking. “You might ask why I know that she isn’t that kind of person and here’s the answer: I spent some time with her when we were in high school, and I talked to her that night you treated her like bull, and she honestly told me what happened.”

“Teuk, I really am not—”

“No, I think you are.”

“I’m not even ready to have a family of my own. I can’t even get over my present love who turns out to be someone.. someone.. you already know that part. And besides, if mom finds out she would ask m—”

“What would I find out, darling?” Kangin’s mom suddenly appeared from the kitchen. “That you’re hiding a girlfriend from me and you got her pregnant?” Both of us kept silent. How did she know? Did she hear us? Her eyes widened because of our silence. “Omo-ya. Am I right? You have a girlfriend and you got her pregnant, Kim Youngwoon?”

Kangin stood up and faced his mom. “Mom, I-I swear! I didn’t mean to do it! I d—”

“KIM YOUNGWOON!” She said as she placed her hands on her waist. Uh-oh.. this is the reason why I suggested that Kangin and I should talk in somewhere private but he insisted on staying here at the living room, and then here we are. He’s dead meat and his mom would kill him, I swear. I didn’t intend for this to happen; this isn’t my intention.  I just wanted Kangin to face his responsibilities and be prepared for whateve— “That is the best thing that you have ever done!” She gave Kangin a big bear hug and looked at me. “Can you believe it, Jungsu? I’m going to be a grandmommy! I’m going to be the coolest grandmommy for my future grandchildren!” I just smiled awkwardly and gave her a two thumbs up as she rejoiced. I didn’t expect this kind of reaction from her, to be quite honest. “Where is she? Why didn’t you bring her here, darling? I want to meet her!”

Kangin was quite dumbfounded with his mom’s reactions. Even I was, too. “A-actually, mom, she isn’t my girlfriend. I just fo—”

Aunt Youngji stopped him by hitting his chest, and I can’t help but chuckle softly. “How can you say that she isn’t your girlfriend? I never taught you that!”

“But mom, I am tel—”

“No, no. She’s your girl. I am so happy that I found out! I can—”

“What did you just find out, huh?” Kangin’s dad suddenly arrived. Uh-oh. Here comes real trouble.

“D-dad.” Kangin bowed as he saw his dad but it was clearly evident that he seemed nervous. I stood up as well and bowed at him as a sign of respect, and he gave me a nod in return.

“What’s happening?” He asked and no one answered. Even Kangin’s mom, Aunt Youngji, kept silent and nudged Kangin. I saw something like ‘tell him the truth’ but Kangin nudged his mom back and shook his head. His dad raised an eyebrow and looked at me, and I just looked down. His father is really scary, even if I have known Kangin and his family for almost half of my life.  “No one would tell me? Speak now when I’m still in a good mood or else.”

“I got someone pregnant, Dad.” Kangin pressed his lips into a thin line, and the next thing that I saw was Kangin’s father punching him.

“Man up and bring her here.” Those were the last words from Kangin’s father before he  went to his office upstairs.

That wasn’t what I expected when I stepped into Kangin’s home. Oh well. His dad did my job.

 

 

KANGIN

 

Man, that stings. I never expected that my dad would be home that early and that mom would react that way. Why is she so happy that I knocked someone out? She should be mad at me, not happy even if she hasn’t met who that girl is.

How did Dani even get pregnant? I didn’t know that that one time thing would result to something like this. And why does Teuk hyung believe her? I don’t really think that I am the father.. or am I? I really don’t know. All that I know is that I need to look for her or else my dad would beat me up when I get home. He hired the best private investigator in Bulacan twenty minutes after he punched me. He gave me her address and told me to not step a foot at our house not unless I bring Dani with me. Dang. If only I knew that having with her that day would cause so much trouble in the future, I should’ve controlled myself.

I am too young to be a father.. okay I guess I am not that young, but I am not ready yet. I never had thoughts of settling down, getting married, or even have children of my own. I was still busy enjoying my life and then this happened. What am I supposed to do now?

“I don’t know what to do, Teuk. Just, please.” I paced back and forth through the shelfs inside the convenience store across her place. I really am nervous and I don’t know what to do. I know that I treated her like bull last night, but I was drunk. Okay, I think that isn’t really an excuse, but still, I never accepted the fact that I am a soon-to-be-father! I can’t even have a decent job because I get bored easily and then now I’ll have to act all mature and bare with a job that I don’t even enjoy. I am still enjoying my life, and becoming a father isn’t part of the original plan. I didn’t even have back-up. Now I am going to start at zero.

“That’s your problem, Youngwoon.” Leeteuk hyung said through the phone. “You did it, resolve it. And besides, give me a break. I need to rest.”

“But hyung, I don—”

“Kangin, you’re an adult now. You should know what to do, or even try to figure out what to do. I can’t always have your back all the time. You need to do things on your own. Just like how you made that baby. I wasn’t with you when you did it.”

“Don’t use that analogy on me, hyung.”  I rolled my eyes as if he could see. I felt someone gazing at me and saw the male staff glaring at me. I’ve been staying here for already thirty minutes and I didn’t even buy even a single pack of bread. I sighed and took an energy bar and headed towards the counter to pay for it.

“Okay, I won’t. But you have to keep this in mind: you started it, you end it. And when I say end it, I never asked you to tell her to just abort the baby or anything. Abortion isn’t and will never be a good thing. Just like what your dad said, man up and bring her there. Do things the right way.”

“Even if she’s not her?” I gave the staff the exact money and took the energy bar. He was about to give me the receipt but I gestured for him to keep it. I then went to the tables by the window and stayed there as I talked to Teuk hyung.

“Yes, even if she’s not her. Kangin, think about the future first. What if you don’t take responsibility? You can’t just let her raise the child on her own. It’ll be hard on her part, and even harder on the baby’s part. It’s still different when a child grows up with a father. There’ll be a part of him or her that would feel incomplete because he or she doesn’t have a father. She’ll feel different from the others around his or her age who have complete family. It’ll affect his or her whole life and you can’t just do that just because his or her mother wasn’t her, or because you weren’t ready to be a father yet when that baby gets born. You can’t be that selfish, Kangin. Dani isn’t the only one responsible for the baby. You are, too. Let’s just be realistic, Youngwoon. This isn’t a guilt trip, remember that. I just want you to think about things and look at it in a way wherein you won’t be thinking only about yourself. It's not just you now. There’s her, and the baby. It isn’t always you. It’s now about them.”

As I walked around the small park near Dani’s place, I thought about what Teuk hyung said. It isn’t about me now. It’s about them. Do I really need to mature that fast? My mental age hasn’t reached that part yet and I just can’t jump to that. I haven’t really confessed to the person that I really like and then now, I have to be a father? I just sighed. All that I can do right now is sigh.

“What on earth are you doing here, you a-hole?” I looked behind me and saw Dani who is still in her pajamas, holding a plastic bag of ice cream and some chocolates.

I was dumbfounded when I saw her. I was suddenly at loss for words. I opened my mouth and tried to talk, but nothing came out from my mouth.

She rolled her eyes at me. “I have no time for your bull, so please go. Getting mad isn’t good for me and my baby.” Without looking at me once again, she just walked pass me. And I can’t just let her leave like that.

“It’s our baby, Dani. Not just yours.” I ran my fingers through my hair in a frustrated manner and let out a sigh. I don’t know how I was able to say that, but I did. Dang, my hands are shaking.

She stopped in her tracks and scoffed. “So now it’s ours, not only mine?” She rolled her eyes as she looked at me. “You’re fu*cking hilarious, Kangin. After treating me like bull the other night, you’re going to come to me and claim that my baby is yours as well? Hell no, Kangin. Who knows, considering the fact that I had with you that easy, maybe I had with some other guy and he got me pregnant, not you! So, I don’t have the ing right to blame you!” I wasn’t that drunk that night and I remember what I said; and now she’s using it against me. She even said it in a mocking manner.

I sighed. “We can’t talk here. Can we talk at your place?”

 

 

When we both arrived at her place, I looked around her small apartment. It really is small and is enough for only one person to live in. “Do you live alone?”

“The hell you care. Just get straight to the point and leave.” She went straight to the kitchen and placed the bag of ice cream and chocolates inside her small refrigerator and leaned on the kitchen counter as she looked at me.

I sighed and looked at her. I don’t even recall how many times I sighed this day. “Look, I’m sorry for how I acted the other night. I was drunk and I was j—” I stopped when I saw her raise an eyebrow and sighed, once again. “I know that isn’t an excuse, but alcohol makes you do things that you don’t usually do and I ju—” she crossed her arm as she looked at me. I swallowed the lump of saliva that was formed in my throat, and sighed. “Dani, I’m sorry. No excuses, no reasons. I’m sorry.”

“What do you really want? Why are you here?”

“I am going to take responsibility of the child, Dani.”

“This isn’t your child, you said.”

“I am a douchebag, I’m sorry. I’m ready to take responsibility.”

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. “Okay, what’s the catch?”

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I didn’t think that she wouldn’t get this easily. “My dad wants to see you. He knows that you’re pregnant.”

She laughed an empty laugh. “Why am I so surprised that you told your dad that you got me pregnant? You don’t want this child, right? Then why did you tell your dad? What on earth do you want from me?”

“I didn’t tell him intentionally, okay? He found out because he overheard my conversation with Jungsu and my mom. It was never my intention to tell him!”

She scoffed and threw a plastic plate at me that was on the table. I just stayed still even though it hurts. “So, you never wanted this? What happened, your dad won’t let you inside your house unless you bring me with you?”

“Yes!”

She smiled at me, but I can tell that it was sarcastic. “Then you won’t be able to meet your oh-so-soft-bed anytime soon.” She began taking the food out of the plastic and placing it inside the ref. After, she took a spoon and opened the large tub of ice cream.

I watched her as she continuously ate ice cream from the tub.“I think eating that wouldn’t be good for you and the baby.”

“The hell you care.” She rolled her eyes and continued to eat.

I sighed in disbelief. “I just want what’s best for you and the baby.”

“Since when were you concerned about me and my baby?”

“Look.” I sat down across her and looked at her straight in the eyes. “I don’t want to argue with you. You’re pregnant, and there’s a high chance of you getting mad at me, and that would not be good for the baby. I want to do this right, okay? I can’t promise you that I’ll act as your husband or anything, but I’ll do anything that I can for the baby.”

She looked at me for a while and blinked. The look on her face made me nervous: there weren’t any emotions displayed on her pale face. “I’ll get changed.” She brought the ice cream to the freezer and went to her room.

“Where are you going? Are you leaving me here?”

“You dumbo. You said your father wants to meet me right?”

A wide smile slowly spreaded on my face.

 

**