XVII - Love is an open door so please, pretty please, let me in.

Kings of Anything

 

Paradise - Yang Song E

 

 

Title: Kings of Anything
Genre: Comedy (?), Fluff, Romance, Drama
Character/s: Super Junior x OC
No. of Chapters: 17/?

 

(Chapter focus: Eunhyuk and Siwon)

XVII

Love is an open door so please, pretty please, let me in.

 

October 12, 20xx, Saturday

EUNHYUK

 

The trip to Baguio didn’t really go as well as we planned. We can’t have fun while one of our friends is not in the mood to enjoy. Seeing Mella here was really unexpected; we didn’t know that she had been staying here in the past year. Geng had been looking for her but her family won’t let him know where her exact whereabouts are.

Kyuhyun brought Hangeng home last night, drunk, while Kyuhyun was only a little tipsy. It turns out that Hangeng wanted to drink after the encounter with Mella. I think it didn’t go well. When Hangeng got a little sober later that night, he was filled with anxiety, waiting for a text from Kyuhyun’s friend, Kean, about Mella’s whereabouts. Last night at approximately 10PM, Kean informed him that Mella just left and took a trip back to Manila. She doesn’t know if she really is headed to Manila or she would get off at some stop along the way, but she’ll try to keep him updated just in case Mella would contact her. I guess Geng is up for another hide-and-seek-chase with Mella. That girl is really good at hiding. Damn.

“Mella left again,” Hangeng said as he cried last night, after waking up in the middle of the night. We all woke up to the sound of his crying and it turned out that there was still some effects of the alcohol left in his system. “She left me again. Does she hate me that much?”

“No. She’s just scared.” Heechul said as he patted Hangeng’s back as he cried. Even though he was a little annoyed after waking up because of the sound of Hangeng’s cries, his mood instantly shifted 360 degrees after seeing how he is at the moment. “She’s too scared to hear the words that she had been avoiding ever since last year. You’re not at fault, Geng. Remember that. It’s her fault. The end of your relationship is her fault because she didn’t listen to you. It’s her loss, not yours.”

Our night ended like that, Hangeng fell asleep in Heechul’s arms. But still, all of us were left curious and sad at the same time.  The older guys (Leeteuk, Heechul and Kangin) were still left awake when I dozed off to dreamland, talking about random things outside the apartment while drinking one bottle each of soju.

We spent our last day in Baguio City eating at the boys’ apartment, talking to each other and getting our things ready for the trip back to Bulacan. We need to get back before the 13th, which is tomorrow, for Yesung’s restaurant opening. No one would want to miss it for the world, and mostly because there’s free food. Who would refuse free food? We all know that Yesung would hire the best chefs for his restaurant. His restaurant is inspired by a Korean Café, but I still don’t know the name of the place.

“Uncle Hyuk, Uncle Hyuk!” Aiden said as he walked towards me, holding Donghae’s iPad in his little hands. “Look at this!”

“What is it, baby?” I welcomed him in my arms and carried him. I was staying out of the apartment for a while after answering a call from work, saying that I should get back to work on Monday because there are a lot of things needed to be finished, and also, informing me about the site visit on Tuesday as well. How I wish I can go back to the time where I was still studying.. I have nothing to worry about besides my math assignments.

“Aiden drew Pororo!” Aiden pointed at the drawing on the iPad and smiled proudly. I think this son of Donghae’s would become the next one to draw a masterpiece that would be on the same level as Monalisa, eh? I chuckled as I looked at the drawing, and I must say, it isn’t that bad. It kinda looked like Pororo, just without the specific details.

“Really? Aiden did good, eh? It looks like Pororo!” I smiled and gave him a high five. The little boy chuckled and started playing some random game that I don’t know on the iPad as he sat on my lap, wearing his earphones. What is this little boy listening to? He’s too young for these kinds of things. When I was young, I used to play with wooden spinning tops and wooden cars and get all dirty and stinky after playing outdoor games with my friends, while kids these days only sit down on their seats and play with these kinds of things. I really can’t believe how fast things changed.

I took out one earphone and wore it on my left ear. Aiden had been listening to Pororo’s songs, the one in the opening. Aigoo~ he is really a baby. He’ll forever be our baby even if he grows up.

My phone vibrated and I quickly took it out of my pocket. Someone sent me a message on Facebook. Who could it be?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Ugh. Hi charger. Ang awkward, sorry. ;w; 
Idk how I became friends with you here on facebook and I know it’s weird for me to ask you, but do you how? Hihihi thanks c: [Ang awkward - It's awkward]

I chuckled after reading her message. So, she didn’t know that Henry did some things to her Facebook account, eh? Surprisingly, I didn’t feel that weird feeling again— the nervousness and all s that come with it, but only little of it, and it shocked me. Donghae’s words the other night made me think, and he was right. Maybe there’s nothing wrong with being all friendly with her right? It’s not like I’m going to marry her right after talking to her, or she’d do something that would hurt me, right? I was just overthinking things, overreacting and exaggerating.

Hyukjae Lee: Hi Jeremie. :) It’s Henry’s fault, blame him. Hehe. He added me on facebook using your account, accdg to him.

Jeremie Crisostomo: O I C. That’s why he was laughing and grinning the other day when he gave me back my phone. That little mochi, really. c:

Hyukjae Lee: Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him when we get back. Hehe. O I C?   What’s the meaning of that acronym?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Naaah. No worries. Leave it to me. XD

Jeremie Crisostomo: Ooopsie. My bad. Sorry, I was just used to using that acronym for typing the words ‘Oh, I see’ since I was too lazy.. You get it? Oh, I see = O I C. XD Sorry sorry  
(Insert Pusheen with the yarn)

Oh, so that’s what teenagers these days use, eh? You can really say that I am growing older..

               Hyukjae Lee: O I C. :) Hahaha. Kidding. XD

Jeremie Crisostomo: Hey, you’re using it na! Keep it up. Lols. Credits to the awesome meeeeeee :p

Hyukjae Lee: Hehehe. Yep, thanks to you. I haven’t been updated with those kinds of things since I’ve been busy with work lately, you know. It’s hard to make a living nowadays.

Jeremie Crisostomo: I know, I know. It’s hard to earn money. And it’s hard to spend money :c Charoooot. HAHAHA

Jeremie Crisostomo: Hey, heard you’re in Baguio City atm? c:

Hyukjae Lee: ATM?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Please remind me not to use acronyms okaaaay. .____. atm = at the moment. Internet lingoooo. Sorry sorry. :3 Anyways, you’re in Baguio City, right?

Hyukjae Lee: Yep, I’m in Baguio City right now. Why?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Can you uhm.. buy me some strawberry and ube jam? Please please pretty please. I’ll pay you back, pleaseeeee. :c

Just when I was about to type my reply, Aiden poked my arm, drawing my attention back to him. I placed my phone on the bench beside me and looked at him. “Yes, baby? What’s wrong?”

“Aiden is hungry. Let’s eat, Uncle Hyukkie! Pleaseee?” Aiden pouted, the pout that all of us can’t resist.

I nodded before pinching his cheek gently. “Okay, okay. Bring that iPad to your dada first and we’ll buy something to eat outside.”

Aiden nodded and jumped down from my lap with a grin. “I’ll be right back, Uncle Hyukkie!”  He ran towards the apartment while calling Donghae.

I looked at my phone once again to reply to Jeremie’s messages, but she left two messages while I was talking to Aiden.

Jeremie Crisostomo: Ay, seenzoned? It’s okay if you can’t buy me some ube jam and strawberry jam. :c

Jeremie Crisostomo: Seenzoned again? R u mad or anything, charger? Did I say something wrong? Reply pleaseeeee. I know I am too talkative but did I do anything to offend you or anything? :c

I shook my head in amusement after reading her messages. Isn’t she cute?

Hyukjae Lee: Sorry, I was busy with my friend’s son. He wanted me to buy him something to eat. :)

Hyukjae Lee: About the strawberry jam and ube jam, it’s fine. I’ll buy you some. What size, though? The largest ones?

Jeremie is typing..

“Uncle Hyukkieeee! Let’s goooo!” Aiden came back running with a wide grin on his face.

“Hey, be careful Aiden! Don’t run!” I welcomed him in my arms and carried him as we went out of the village. I placed my phone back in my pocket and waited for Jeremie’s reply as Aiden and I went inside the store. My phone vibrated and I quickly got my phone from my pocket after putting Aiden down on the concrete floor to let him choose what he wants to eat.

Jeremie Crisostomo: O I C. You’re with your friends for a vacation right? One of your friends has a son already? Maybe he’s a cute little boy. Huehue :3

Jeremie Crisostomo: Oh, and abt the jams, thank you, really! I appreciate it~ I’ve been craving for ube jam and strawberry jam since last week, but I just can’t buy those sold here because it’s too expensive. And idk if it’s fresh or not. *^* I’ll just pay you back when you get here in Manila. Thank you thank youuuu! c:

Hyukjae Lee: Yep, he’s an adorable little boy. Do you want to see a picture of him? I can take one and send it to you if you want to. :)

Hyukjae Lee: No worries. It’s fine. No need to pay it back. :)

Jeremie Crisostomo: Really? I’d like to see how adorable that boy is. Please send a pic. It will be highly appreciated. :3 oh, btw, what’s his name?

Jeremie Crisostomo: No, no. I’d pay you. I will pay it back and you can’t say no, k? :p

Hyukjae Lee: If you really want to pay for it, I won’t accept cash. Just do something for me, k? :p

Jeremie Crisostomo: What kind of payment? Just don’t do something weird to me or else I’ll karate chop you.

Jeremie Crisostomo: Kidding. I don’t do karate. But I’d really kick you if you want something weird from me. I SWEAAAAR

Hyukjae Lee: Oh, and I’ll just inform you if I come up with what the payment would be. Hehehe

Hyukjae Lee: What do you think of me, a ?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Based on the charger incident…….

I blushed out of embarrassment after hearing what she said. Can’t she just let that go?

Hyukjae Lee: Don’t remind me please. It’ll be highly appreciated.

Jeremie Crisostomo: Now you’re quoting some words from me. Am I really that awesomely influential? OMG I am flattered /flips hair/ hohoho

I chuckled and looked back at Aiden who is holding one carton of Chuckie chocolate milk and two biscuits in his hand. I kneeled down and looked at him. “Aiden, can I take a picture of you?”

Aiden nodded with a smile and gave me the biscuits and willingly posed with the carton of Chuckie when I opened my camera app. Aigoo, this little boy is really used to getting his pictures taken, eh? I mean, why wouldn’t he? His father is a photographer and most of the time Donghae likes to take pictures of Aiden out of the blue.

               Hyukjae Lee sent a photo.

                    Hyukjae Lee: There. His name is Aiden and he’s 3yrs old. :)

Jeremie Crisostomo: OMG

Jeremie Crisostomo: SPAZZING

Jeremie Crisostomo: OMG

Jeremie Crisostomo: HE IS SUCH A CUTIE

Jeremie Crisostomo: OMG I AM SORRY. I JUST CAN’T HELP IT, HE’S JUST SO CUTE AND ADORABLE AND SQUISHY AND OMG. IS HE KOREAN, TOO? 아기~ heart heart <3 <3

She’s into cute things, huh? That’s cute. She’s cute.

Hyukjae Lee: Yep, he is. And you speak Korean, too? 진짜?

Jeremie Crisostomo: Nope, I don’t. I speak basics like 안녕 하세요 but I can’t really understand it fully. Lol. Sorry for my gibberish Korean. Mian mian~

“Uncle Hyukkie let’s go! Aiden is hungry! Ppali, ppali!” Aiden pushed me towards the counter while holding his carton of chocolate milk. I guess he’s really hungry, eh? I ignored him for a little while before because I was busy talking to Jeremie, but I guess I have to attend to the needs of this little cutie first. My phone vibrated. Jeremie replied again?

Sungmin Lee: Hey Poging Hyukjae where on earth are you and Aiden? We need to gooooo. We still have a long way to go. PS, Stop smiling like an idiot. I saw you a while ago. Calm your broooooo. Lols

I shook my head in amusement and ignored Sungmin’s message since I know that I’ll see him a little later when I get back to the apartment.

Hyukjae Lee: Be right back. Still need to attend to Aiden’s needs first. Hehehe.

Jeremie Crisostomo: Naaaah. It’s fine. Go ahead, I was abt to go as well. Still need to finish some research *^* byeeeee. Had a nice time talking to you. See you soon! c:

I paid for the things that Aiden bought and carried him in my arms as we walked back to the apartment.

 

 

Yes, Jeremie. See you soon.

 

**

 

October 13, 20xx, Sunday

SIWON

 

Sundays are the best days of the week. I get to spend one day with the Creator, our God, our Lord, our Father. Every morning and afternoon, I volunteer to play the piano at the church for the choir, and I enjoy every single second of it. Singing songs of worship for our Father is the best part of it.

“Oppa,” Rebi approached me as soon as the nine-thirty mass ended. She was the lector of the mass. Every member of our family is religiously active in our parish church. My dad is a lay minister, my mom teaches the children in the choir how to sing the songs properly, while Rebi serves as the mass’ lector whenever she doesn’t have classes, especially now during her semestral break, we can get to attend mass as a family. “You’re really handsome, huh?”

I raised an eyebrow as I wrapped an arm around Rebi’s shoulder. “If you need money, my dear sister, just tell me. Don’t say such nonsense.”

Rebi chuckled as we walked down the aisle, headed to where our mom and dad are. “Nope, I was just stating a fact. My oppa is really really handsome~ can we go on a brother-sister date sometimes?”

“A date?” I smiled at the thought. It’s been a while since Rebi and I ate a meal together without talking about things like her acads which is really stressful for her since she’s graduating this next semester. Rebi and I usually go on a brother-sister date every weekend, but since she had been busy, we postponed some of it ‘til she’s free. “That sounds good. But we can’t do that now since Yesung’s restaurant opening is tonight.”

“I know. Yesung oppa sent an invitation and I saw it at home. I guess there’d be free food tonight. He invited us all, but I guess mom and dad won’t be able to come.” She nodded and poked my waist. “Did the others arrive already? They were in Baguio, right? Why didn’t you come with them?”

“I can’t. I still have classes. I can’t just leave my students just because I wanted to have fun, you know.”

“Aigoo. You really are devoted to your job, eh?” Rebi grinned as we both reached where our parents are. But what I saw really surprised me.

“Who is she?” Rebi said and tilted her head to the side, watching the scene right in front of her.

“Oh, Siwon. You’re here finally.” My dad said and smiled as soon as he saw Rebi and I. “We’ve been talking to your friend here, Phoebe and she’s really fun to talk to.”

Phoebe just pops out of nowhere. She’s like a mushroom that suddenly appears at a certain place. I didn’t mean it in a negative way, though. I was just surprised and curious.. how did she know that I am here?

My mom nodded. “Why didn’t you introduce her to us earlier? Phoebe is such a nice girl.”

Phoebe, who is standing right between my mom and my dad, smiled as soon as she saw me. “Hi, Siwon.”

“Hi, I’m Rebecca, but you can call me Rebi. Siwon’s younger sister.” Rebi smiled and offered her hand which she gladly accepted and shook. “It’s nice to meet you, Phoebe. Are you my brother’s girlfriend?”

“Rebi!” I looked at her.

“I was kidding!” Rebi grinned and raised her hands in the air. She quickly left my side and hid behind our mom.

“It’s nice to see you, today, Siwon.” Phoebe smiled and offered her hand to me. “It’s such a coincidence that I saw you here and met your parents.”

I shook her hand and smiled. “Yeah, it’s really unexpected to see you here, Phoebe.”

“Why don’t you join us for lunch at home, Phoebe? Our home isn’t that far from here.” My mom offered as she looked at Phoebe with a smile.

Phoebe agreed and looked at me as she smiled. “I’d love to.”

 

 

Breakfast with Phoebe and my family isn’t as awkward as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact, she unexpectedly got along well with my mom and my dad, talking about random things. I can’t help but smile whenever I see my mom smile because of what Phoebe said before. Phoebe and Rebi helped my mom cook lunch while my dad and I were busy talking about work. Rebi didn’t even try to glare at Phoebe unlike what she did with my past girlfriends (Stella, my first girlfriend and Tiffany, the one who I was with until two years ago.) Unexpectedly and surprisingly, Rebi really liked Phoebe. And it was impressing because my sister isn’t a person that is easily impressed by every girl that I brought home before.

“So, you stayed at Italy ever since you were young?” My mom asked as she continued to wash the dishes, while Phoebe wiped the plates. Rebi is seated on the stool across the counter, arranging the plates on the rack.

Dad and I were talking about some things regarding our supermarket business. He’s planning to check on one of the branches in Baliuag this afternoon, and is asking if I could go with him but I don’t think I can, with Phoebe here and because of Yesung’s restaurant opening tonight. All of the guys would be there and some of our other high school friends who are close to us like Yoochun and his other friends.

“Yep.” From the corner of my eyes, I saw Phoebe nod. “I stayed there ever since I was nine. I stayed with my grandparents there. I just graduated college, and I am planning to apply to Cambridge or Oxford for my masters.”

“Really?” Rebi asked. “That is so awesome, Phoebe. I wish I could study there, too.”

“We can study there together, Rebi. That’ll be fun!”

“My dad and that guy over there won’t let me, you know.” She wrinkled her nose as she looked at me. “It took me three months to force them to let me study in UST.

“Well, Manila is a chaotic place, Rebi.” I stood up and walked towards Rebi, hanging my arm on her shoulder when I reached her. “At least you have Ryeowook and the other guys in there to go to whenever you need something.”

“Ryeowook is younger than me.” Rebi said and then poked my waist. “I’ll be the one to take care of him.”

“He brings you food to eat most of the time.” I smiled and looked at Phoebe who smiled at me.

“Oh yeah, that reminds me. Do you have any siblings, Phoebe? An older brother? Younger sister?” My mom asked Phoebe as she wiped her hands with the cloth hung on the counter. She just finished washing the dishes, and Phoebe is left wiping the last batch of plates used.

Phoebe shook her head. “Nope, I am an only child. Though, it had always been my dream to have an older brother or sister who I can talk to.”

My mom nodded. “Is that so? You have these guys over here, you know.” She smiled as she gestured at Rebi and I. “You can come here anytime you want. You’re welcome in our house anytime, just like Siwon’s friends who just randomly pop out of nowhere.”

I chuckled. Well, it’s true that those guys just randomly pop out of nowhere, especially Sungmin, who is a part of our family already. He stayed with us during his college years because his parents can’t afford to send him some money for the rent anymore. It was great since it was fun to have Sungmin in the house. He helps my mom with the chores and gets along really well with my dad. He’s just a little aloof with Rebi since she likes to argue with him most of the time before.

“Really, Tita?” Phoebe asked  with a genuine smile on her face. [Tita - Auntie]

“Of course, darling. You can help Rebi and I bake some cake some time. It’s our hobby.” My mom gave her an assuring smile as she patted her shoulder.

“I love to bake, too, Tita. I bake when I am bored. I should’ve brought some of the cake I made this morning, but I think I left them in the refrigerator. I am guessing that our house helpers all ate them, but it’s fine. I can just bake another one and bring it here soon.”

“That would be a great idea, Phoebe.” Rebi nodded with a smile. “Bring it here during the weekdays because I am stuck with canned goods whenever I’m with this tall guy over here.”

“Hey,” I poked Rebi’s cheek playfully. “It isn’t my fault that I wasn’t gifted in that area, you know.”

“It is your fault because you were too resistant when eomma was trying to teach you!”

“That’s a girl’s job, Rebi. I’m glad that you know how to cook.” I playfully pinched her nose but she glared at me in return. Aigoo, how I missed my little sister. I’m glad that she’ll be staying her for a month for her semestral break.

“Do you want to come with me, Phoebe?” Rebi and I looked at my mom and Phoebe who were busily engrossed in a conversation about baking, which I have no knowledge of. “I have my own baking station in here, we can go bake right now if you want to. I want Siwon to bring it later to Youngwoon’s restaurant opening.”

“Restaurant opening?” Phoebe blinked and then looked at me, I just gave her a nod with a small smile.

“Youngwoon oppa is one of oppa’s closest friends. Would you like to come with us later, Phoebe?” Rebi gladly offered.

“You should definitely come with them, Phoebe.” My mom said. “Siwon’s friends are nice and they are all handsome, I jus—”

“Mom, you taught me not to lie. Why are you doing it?”

“Darling, I am not lying. I am telling the truth!” My mom said with a small chuckle.

“Mom, you’re lying. Stop it. Just go bake with Phoebe.” Rebi playfully shooed my mom and Phoebe to the kitchen and rolled her eyes before looking at me. “I’m guessing that Phoebe would be here again sometime soon, huh?”

I just shrugged and went back to my seat beside my dad.

 

 

“Your mom is really nice.” Phoebe said as she looked at me while scooping spoonful of the cake that she baked with my mom a while ago. They baked two cakes: one for Yesung’s restaurant opening as a congratulatory gift and the other one is for us to eat. Since it’s only three in the afternoon, I still have some time left before Yesung’s opening party which will start at five. My mom told Phoebe to stay and come with Rebi and I to the party so that she’d get to meet my ‘awesome’ friends. “And she looks just like you! You’re like her girl version.”

I nodded and scooped some of the cake. It tastes good, actually. Phoebe was the one who made this. The one for Yesung is the one that my mom made. After the cake preparations, my mom and dad left to check on our supermarket chains around Bulacan, while Rebi was inside her room, sleeping. Phoebe and I went out to our garden to eat the cake and talk about some things— she wanted to get to know me, she said.

“And your dad,” She said after eating a spoonful of cake. “..is hilarious. He’s really funny and easy to talk to.  I wish my dad was like that though.”

I nodded as I continued to browse my phone. I am listening— don’t get me wrong. I was just busy talking to Teuk hyung in Line because there were some things that he wanted to prepare for Yesung tonight. He was thinking of giving him an expensive wine as a gift, and he’s asking me for some suggestions. Also, he’s asking if I can do him a favour and be the one to buy and bring it, he said he’ll pay me back later.

Go ask Kyu. When it comes to wine, he’s the expert. – Siwon

K – Teuk

Teuk hyung always replied like that since he’s too lazy to text. He just doesn’t have enough prepaid load to call, and that he’s too lazy to go out of his room just to go to the store and avail prepaid load, that’s why he always uses his Line account whenever he’s at home since it’s free. He isn’t mad, he’s just.. like that. And I like that side of Teuk hyung. It is direct and straight to the point.

“Am I the only one who’s going to talk here?” Phoebe said as she pinched my arm, making me bring back my attention to her and wince in pain. “This won’t work if I’m the only one making the effort here. And how many times am I going to tell you to n—”

“Not use my phone when I’m with you. Okay, okay. I get it.” I nodded and gave her a smile. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to come off as rude. Teuk hyung was just asking for a suggestion on what wine he should buy for Yesung. And I have been listening, so don’t get mad.”

“Teuk?” She blinked as she looked at me. “H-hyong?” I have to admit it, she looked cute when she mispronounced that word.

I chuckled softly and pinched her cheek gently. “It’s hyung, and it means older brother. Teuk is one of my friends and he’s older than me. Sorry, didn’t mean to use Korean language on you.”

“I’ll just study it so that I can understand you.” She smiled and nodded.

I shook my head as I waved my hand at her, gesturing for her to not do what she was thinking. “No, no need Phoebe. You don’t have to do that.”

“I can do that because I want to. And besides, I think that Korean is an interesting language. Italian is.. kinda common. It’s too easy, you know?”

“You speak Italian?” I asked curiously.

She nodded. “Hey, you’re making it obvious that you weren’t paying attention to me earlier. That hurts, you know.” She pouted and crossed her arms.

“I’m sorry, I just forget things easily.”

“Well, it’s fine. Just don’t forget me.” She grinned before eating another spoonful of the cake. There was still some icing left on her lips and I think she didn’t notice it, that’s why I took the initiative to wipe it off with my thumb.

“You eat like a child.” I chuckled softly and ate some of mine.

“Why did you do that?” She blinked, her cheeks slowly turning into a shade of red.

“Because you’re a cute friend, Phoebe.” I smiled at her and continued to browse my Facebook’s news feed. It actually took some of my time..

After scanning my news feed, I turned to look at Phoebe after placing my phone on the table. She was frozen on her seat, drinking some water, her cheeks turned pink. Is she blushing? “Phoebe, are you okay?”

She looked at me and blinked before placing the glass on the table. She nodded and cleared . “Y-yeah. I’m fine.”

“You’re stuttering. Are you really okay?”

“I’m okay. Just don’t mind me.” She nodded and sighed before resting her head on the chair. I must say that she’s really pretty, but all of those make up on her face are covering the natural prettiness that she has. Yes, she’s really pretty but for me, it isn’t enough for me to like her that much, or fall in love with her. Looks don’t really matter to me, what I look for is someone with a kind heart that I can talk to about everything. “Siwon.. I..”

I looked at her and waited for her answer. “Mm? What is it?”

“You know that I like you, right?”

I was taken aback by her sudden question but I tried my best to regain my composure and look as relaxed as possible. “Why are you suddenly asking me that question, Phoebe?”

“Now you know that I like you. Just.. please. If you don’t like me back, don’t make me blush. Don’t do things that can make me assume that you’re slowly liking me back. At the moment, I just want to spend some time with you and get to know you. I like you that much, okay? But if you don’t want me to do this, this popping out of nowhere just to bother you, tell me. I don’t want you to hate me just because I like you. If you want me to stop, I’d stop, and you won’t see me ever again.”

“I didn’t mean it that way. I don’t hate you, Phoebe. Don’t take it the wrong way.”

“I just wanted you to know, just in case. In the future, you can just tell me to get lost.” She smiled, but I can see that it wasn’t genuine. Did I do something that made her feel bad? She stood up and looked at me while holding her phone in her hand. “I need to answer this call, Siwon. I’ll be back after a while.” With that, she started walking towards the gate and out of the house, standing by her red car which is parked across our house.

“Oh my dear brother.” I looked behind me and saw Rebi standing by the door frame with her arms crossed, looking at me with an eyebrow raised. She clocked her tongue as she shook her head. “You messed up.”

I raised an eyebrow, confused with what she was saying. “What on earth are you talking about, Rebi?”

Instead of answering, she just continued to click her tongue as she turned around, walking back into our house.

What did I do?

**

 

[A/N: I am still alive. Hi. Are you still there? If you are, thank you for reading this. Sorry for not updating. I've been really busy and it would take a lot of space if I explain the reason why I am busy. But I'm back. Weekly updates. Yaaaaaaay. Am I the only one who's happy? Lol thank youuuuuuu. Subscribe and comment pleaseeeeee. They keep me going. c:]