Chapter Six

Tangled

Lee Jong Suk waited impatiently for Kim Woo Bin to arrive. He was already at his suite at exactly 6 p.m. They were supposed to go to the press conference of their upcoming MBS drama together at 7 p.m., and he still wasn't home. Woo Bin had messaged him ten minutes ago that he was on his way already, but he just got stuck in traffic.

He picked up Woo Bin's iPad in order to kill time. 

Wish - Younha MV (feat. Kim Woo Bin and Joo)

"Joo?" He wondered. He thought they had picked Cha Sae Mi for the role. She was, after all, the CEO's daughter.

He pressed the play button. It was his friend's latest MV. With the coffee princess.

He had to admit that Joo was kinda pretty~

He shook his head and erased the thought from his mind. What the hell was he thinking? She was not pretty at all. She just had some make up on and she was just wearing nice clothes.

Yep, that was it.

Nevertheless, that would have been a better video compared to the one Cha Sae Mi was in. He saw the teaser last night and she looked really fake. It was pretty obvious that she had plastic surgery. And she was such a bad actress. Joo's acting looked more natural though, and she had a pretty smile. 

So was she supposed to be the one starring it instead of Cha Sae Mi? Why that little spoiled brat. He hated rich people who thought they could get away with anything the most.

"Have you been waiting long?" Woo Bin asked as he sat down beside him on the couch.

Jong Suk tapped the stop button as fast as he could.

-x-

Everybody was now anticipating the premiere of the new romantic comedy drama entitled, "Because I Said So" starring IU, Lee Jong Suk and Kim Woo Bin. The press con had been a successful event. The drama was gonna start airing on Wednesday night.

-x-

Joo looked at herself in the mirror. She donned on the clothes that Somi had let her borrow. They were going out tonight. Somi had planned a night out with her in order to lift her spirits up and cheer her on. Cheri had given them free VVIP tickets into the latest hype, Club Z. Joo wasn't happy about it because it involved dressing up. Plus she didn't like crowded places that much. And her alcohol tolerance was below average. She couldn't even take in three shots of soju. 

She was gonna die tonight.

Somi sometimes had the tendency to go overboard. But Joo couldn't say no, because she had already made so much effort trying to comfort her these past few days. This was all she could do to return the favor. She just hoped there wasn't any alcohol involved. But she doubted it since Cheri was her co-organizer.

-x-

Lee Jong Suk entered the club with Kim Woo Bin. They were celebrating tonight because Jang Keun Suk's album was number one on the Oricon chart, and he just came home from Japan today. A lot of other actors and singers were already inside the VVIP room when they arrived. They popped open a bottle of Dom Perignon and congratulated their friend for a job well done.

Three hours and seven bottle of mixed liquor later, Jong Suk was already delirious.

"Don't go anywhere near Sukkie when he's drunk," Jang Keun Suk warned his friends. "He has this knack of kissing the first person he sees."

-x-

The evening was uneventful for Joo. Cheri ordered a lot of assorted drinks for the three of them. Somi was already dancing her off with some dude she just met and Cheri, well, she was at the bar cuddling with a guy who looked 20 years younger than her.

An old man had asked her to dance a couple of minutes ago, but Joo declined his invite. He wasn't her type at all. Even though she was drunk, at least she can still think straight.

Sort of.

The world was already spinning in front of her. She grabbed another glass of martini and decided to go to the roofdeck to get some fresh air. She was afraid she might die of suffocaion. 

Luckily enough, there was no one there. She sat down on one of the benches and looked at the night sky. There weren't any stars and it was really, really cold. She rubbed her arms to keep herself warm. A few minutes later, someone collapsed on the floor beside her.

"Ya?" she asked, "Are you okay?" When he didn't answer, she went over to his side, concerned that he was dead. She poked his shoulder and tried to feel his pulse. She heaved a sigh of relief when she felt it.

He rolled over and laughed. He was apparently drunk.  Her vision was a little blurry too so she couldn't really see who it was. But he looked like an angel in the darkness. And he had a nice laugh. It was probably her prince charming. He poked him again. This time, to check if he was real. She tried to imagine him in her mind, coming over to save her from her drunken state. 

The guy turned to look at her and tried to stand up. She tried to help him get on his feet, but he was too heavy, so they both fell on the ground again, with him hovering on top of her and his mouth landed on her lips.

He kissed her.

She kissed him back for a second, but opened her eyes as soon as she realized she wasn't dreaming. She tried pushing him off, but he just smiled at her lazily. When he rolled over to the other side, Joo finally stood up and went back inside the club, her cheeks flushed, and she was gasping for more air. 

It was her first kiss! And she couldn't even make out his face in the darkness.

-x-

Joo woke up the next day with a pounding headache and a lot of missed calls. Somi barged into her room and pulled the curtains up to let the sunshine through. It was very bright. She covered her eyes with her eyes and groaned.

"Can you explain to me what this is?" Her best frined exclaimed, showing her the front page of today's paper. "Isn't this what you wore last night?"

HEADLINE: WHO IS ACTOR LEE JONG SUK'S GIRLFRIEND?

What the hell? 

It was a picture of the two of them, kissing.

A reliable source caught Lee Jong Suk and a mystery girl liplocking last night at the roofdeck of one of the hottest clubs in town. So who is she? Is she his girlfriend, or is she one of those girls whose heart he's gonna break? Turn to page 10 to read more..