Chapter Se7en

Tangled

Joo was shocked. So it was Lee Jong Suk. Her first kiss!

Her first kiss.

She looked at the article once again. You couldn’t really make out her face in the picture if you didn’t know her that much, but if you did, well it was very obvious.

“So?” Somi asked, stomping her left foot to get more information from her.

“I… we… I mean…” she stuttered.

Joo sighed. It was hard to explain especially when she couldn’t even understand it herself

“We were both drunk. He was about to pass out and fell on top of me instead. It was an accident.”

Somi just raised her brows. “I swear!”

“And?”

“I told you already. That’s all there is to it.”

Somi was still looking at her ridiculously. "What?!"

"So was he a good kisser?"

Joo just threw a pillow at her. It was probably a good thing that her dad was in Japan visiting his sisters. She would never hear the end of it from him.

Ding dong.

Joo looked at Somi. "Did you invite somebody over?"

"Nope." 

She looked at the CCTV to see who it was. She didn't know the person, but it was a man in a suit. "Who is it?"

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Ah Jung Yong, Lee Jong Suk's manager."

She pushed the button to let him enter.

"I needed to talk to you about something." He looked at Somi questioningly, "Privately."

"Don't worry, she can be trusted." Joo reassured him. "Would you like some tea?"

"Yes please." He said as he sat on the couch. "You're probably wondering why I'm here."

"Yes, actually I was gonna ask that but go ahead and enlighten me."

"You want to become an actress. Am I correct?"

Joo offered him his tea and sat down on the beanbag beside him. "What do you mean?"

"Might as well tell you straight. I am asking you to pretend to be Lee Jong Suk's girlfriend for the next six months."

Joo almost choked on her tea. But before she could reply, he continued, "I'm sure you've read the news already. A lot of rumors have been going around. We just want you to act as his girlfriend. Just for six months. All you have to do is just accompany him in all his public appearances. After six months, we can tell them you broke up due to personal differences..."

Joo just stared at him in disbelief. Somi was the one who spoke up first. "Wait, wait wait. Let me get this straight. She just needs to 'act' like his girlfriend for six months right?"

"Yes."

"And she's gonna do it.... because?"

"Because.... Lee Jong Suk's reputation is at stake here?"

"I mean, what's in it for her?"

"Oh. We would be compensating you for everything of course. You will be paid monthly, plus you will be enrolled at our agency for free acting workshops. This will serve as your training ground for your probable acting career. Your once in a lifetime chance to become a star."

"Six months is a long time." Joo pondered, "I don't think I can last that long."

"I will find you a project where in you can debut as an actress within six months." He concluded. "How is that?

Joo opened and then closed it again.

-x-

Lee Jong Suk paced back and forth in his suite. His manager was out "taking care of things" and he was getting anxious. He didn't like his idea but he didn't have a choice in the matter. The media was very powerful. If you decided to get on its bad side, then you're done for. It was just for six months anyway. And they were just gonne be together for public appearances only.

He hit his head with his hand. "That's what you get for getting your stupid drunk, you dummy." He didn't even remember what happened until the papers came in that morning. And it was all over the news already. "Crazy guy!" he scolded as he hit himself on the head again.

His manager entered the room and Lee Jong Suk stopped dead on his tracks. "So?"

His manager sighed, "She said she'll think about it and will call before the day ends." 

It was already 5:30 and she still didn't call. This was it. If the media found out that he had the knack of kissing anybody he sees whenever he's drunk, they would never let it slide. He was gonna become the next laughing stock. He cringed at the thought.

His manager's phone rang. "It's her."

He went outside to pick it up.

"She said yes."

-x-

Maybe it was her desperation to become an actress, or maybe she just wanted to become just like her mom so badly. Joo still didn't know the reason why she had agreed to that absurd proposal. It was just for six months anyway. She was gonna earn money and she was gonna have acting workshops. What's not to like? She was just gonna accompany him to his public appearances anyway. They were just gonna "act" as a couple.  Who would want to miss out such a good opportunity? There's nothing wrong with that. Right?

Joo was having a deep thought as she and Somi entered Wellmade StarM, Lee Jong Suk's agency, to meet up with him and his manager for the contract signing. 

Here are the contract highlights:

1. She has to be in ALL, if not most of Lee Jong Suk's public appearances and everything else that he needs her for within the next six months.

2. She has to go out on a "public date" with Lee Jong Suk at least once a week.

3. They have to act as a cute and happy couple as much as possible.

4. Nobody must know about this secret.

"If somebody finds out about this before the end of the contract, then everything within this contract shall be terminated." His manager informed her, "And we will be pressing charges."

There was no turning back now.

-x-

"She's my girlfriend." Lee Jong Suk said on his exclusive interview when he was asked about the controversial kiss.

"Omo~ A lot of girls will be sad when they will hear that our Lee Jong Suk isn't available anymore."

He laughed. "Well that's why she didn't want the public to know about us yet. She's afraid that a lot of fans will be pulling her hair off when they see her."

Everybody in the audience laughed. "But since everybody knows about it already, I hope you will still continue to support me.  I am human too. Like all of you here, I also fall in love."

"She's a very lucky girl. Can you tell us her name?"

"Kim Seuk Hye." He said, "Her name is Kim Seuk Hye."